Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who Do you think deserves ballon d'or
DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

I think it will go to Ronaldo or Messi,despite the fact that i think that Cech or drogba deserve it more!

Comments
Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

hmm... I think it's going to be the usual 2 suspects. But 2 points:
1: IMO, there is absolutely no WAY in hell that Drogba or Cech deserve it more. I completely agree they were fabulously towards the end of the season but that doesn't paper over their underwhelming performances earlier in the year. Moreover you are comparing them to 2 people who have had record-breaking years with near-humanly impossible statistics and flair. I mean there are players that had better overall performances and were possibly even more valuable to their teams and they still wouldn't get a shout.  Messi & CR7 are just that good.
2: There a few reasons why I think Ronaldo may be favourite to win it this year:
-Messi has won the previous 3 (some journo's like to keep things fresh to combat their boredom)
-Ronaldo was an integral part of a team that actually won La Liga with a respectable margin
-The Euros may be the deciding factor. The fact that he has the opportunity to further showcase his talents while Messi can't, will give him an advantage. Portugal don't have to win but the fact that people are talking about him while Messi kind of takes a back seat helps his cause. People tend to have short memories and so the most recent impression last the longest (see MOTM votes for an example of what I mean).

kenkichiotaka 12 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

I bet it's CR7,without him Real Madrid wouldn't won the title!!!

Tuanis 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

If Cristiano does a good job in the Euro at least getting to the final then he will deserve it

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

la liga won by madrid .... if portugal wins euro then cr7 stands a chance otherwise MessiMania continues !!

ChelseaRox10 12 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

My predictions for the nominees are: Leo Messi, CR7,Xavi/David Silva/ Eden Hazard

awais007 12 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

its CR7 time

WhatTheHell 12 years ago
Barcelona, Spain 15 591

@DonAndres Are you sure bro that Cech and Drogba deserve it more? DONT SMOKE AGAIN

It depend if Ronaldo pull a miracle in EURO 12 then for sure he will win it but right now Messi is leading just a margin

thijsFCB 12 years ago
Barcelona, Netherlands 45 223

I think it will be a battle between Messi, Ronaldo and van Persie, although van Persie was invincible at EURO2012

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

xavi

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Between Messi and Ronaldo. Ronaldo is gonna have an advantage to impress with Euros. But then again Messi had club world cup and the cup vs Porto ( can't think of the name ) 

mladen 12 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

Xavi

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

raimondo its super cup :)

Raz0RXtreme 12 years ago
Chelsea, Netherlands 2 26

If cr7 wins euro then he has sealed the ballon d'or

Keisuke 12 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

Messi, he's the best.
Ronaldo, he's following the best.
Drogba, he kill the best!

The_Iraqi_Maestro 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 9 192

No offence guys but i hope somebody els gets the chance to win the Ballon d'or not only CR7 or Messi... we all know these 2 players are huge talented but lets think of other great players.. such as Agüero or Van Der Vaart.. 

Ihaveabbc 12 years ago
Liverpool, England 7 370

I think Xavi deserves it most

MatthewHerb 12 years ago
Liverpool, United States 5 72

Who's been the architect behind Messi's goals?? the unsung hero: Xavi Hernandez. He deserves it.

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I hope Messi won't win it, no offense, just I think some other Barce players did very good too.

devilz 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

its got to be messi, ronaldo is and absolute class player but messi, in my opinion, is in a league of his own. unreal.