Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What made you start watching football and supporting the team you support now?
Trollman 12 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

I know Heisinburg made a thread recently about when but I'm more curious on what made you start watching football? Whether it was a player, team, tournament? For me it was watching a Chelsea match with Zola in it. That class, skill, talent! I later forgot about what was the name of the team he played for (Chelsea :P). So I started supporting Valencia after seeing La Liga at the age of 9. Those teens always making fun of me when I played in local tournaments with Valencia (jokes on them I one in my first try in the tournament with Valencia). Then, when watching Moscow 2008 Barca vs Chelsea its when I remembered that's the same team Zola played in. From then it was Blue in my soul and always Keeping the blue flag flying high. So what about you guys?

Comments
man_utd 12 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

Manchester United vs Debreceni 2005
Saw Park Ji sung play and fell in love with football and United since.

kenkichiotaka 12 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

Man Utd against Chelsea in the UCL in season 2007-08!!!!

mladen 12 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

United Arsenal semi final I think.. 1999. My friend invite me to watch Man Utd :)

mladen 12 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

And Red Star - Belgrade of course. I watched them before any team.

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

This is long, but I just want to answer your question. 

The 2002 WC was when I got really hooked into watching football, but that time I did not know anything about club football; I was only interested in international matches.

In late 2005, I found out that Park Ji Sung played for Manchester United on the news, but I wasn't really interested since I was more into the international games. 

It wasn't until the WC 2006, when I began to learn more about club football. I was young, and only cared about footballers that looked cool. That was when I started to admire Rio Ferdinand that time purely because of his braided hair style, which I considered cool (lmao). 

After the WC, I decided to learn more about Ferdinand, and eventually found out that he also played for Manchester United. That was when I also decided to support Man Utd, since it was pretty much the only club I knew about back then.

I came in this site supporting Bayern Munich, because I only liked the name of the club and also it fitted with the name 'Heisinburg'. But that stuff didn't work for me as time went by since I didn't feel the passion for Bayern Munich as much as United. Don't get me wrong, I originally supported was Man Utd, and I still passionately do support them today.

nandaYNWA 12 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

I started supporting liverpool in order to defy my brother who supports Chelsea ;)

KingHenry 12 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

Cool thread. It's cool to know you all a little better.
As for me, it is mainly thanks to my mother. She was born in Chile and her father was a fervant La Universidad fan and used to take her to the games. So in 1998 when I was 6 we bought our first tv, and we watched the Chile games and France winning the world cup. 2 years later we watched France winning the euro. At this point the french national team and Zidane were the pride of all the kids and teenagers in France. So in 2002 when we were disqualified by senegal and denmark, I was heartbroken. But I later heard on tv of a team in England which counted lots of the french players I loved and was super good. So that is when I started supporting Arsenal. It was hard following Arsenal from France without the satellite, so I played them on FIFA. I only started watching them in 2009 when I discovered the power of internet. I have had the satellite for 2 years now and I almost never miss a game.

quikzyyy 12 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

well i say it easy: Thierry Henry.

Ihaveabbc 12 years ago
Liverpool, England 7 370

2005 UEFA CL Final: Liverpool - AC Milan. Nothing to say more.

ChelseaRox10 12 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

When I was about 6 or 7 my friend introduced me to these trading cards called shoot out and it got me into football

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

I saw Ronaldinho...

shpalman 12 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

Ruud Gullit

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Thanks to Shpalman for not making us all feel old ;)

Ahhh, that great Milan team of the late 80's (probably their best ever). It had the artistic 3 dutchman up front ( Gullit, Rijkaard, and van Basten) with the Italian steel of Maldini & Baresi in the back. Didn't they destroy Barcelona in a CL final or something?

regli11 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 37 227

my uncles i used to love park ji sung then 

shpalman 12 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@Footaholic: lol! i'm not that old man ;D that CL final against bacelona was in '94,4-0! it was already another generation. but during the Gullit era we smashed real madrid 5-0 if i am not wrong.

knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

WhatTheHell 12 years ago
Barcelona, Spain 15 591

2001 or 2002 it was against Liverpool in UEFA-CL the match ended up in draw i think

awais007 12 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

in 2009 UCL semi final Chelsea vs Barca when i first time watch Chelsea match at 23:45 PST than after Barca disgrace and Ballack game , I become a Great Fan of Chelsea

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

When Real has won the CL, I liked them simply. But since 2009 i love them!! Since they have bought Benzema and Ronaldo I was attached.

Falconryman1 12 years ago
Arsenal 1 161

I was born in London and we lived in highbury, and the Arsenal were the closes team to us. Plus the kit also struck me :)