{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What is the purpose of life?
_Marcos_ 7 years ago
Sporting CP, Portugal 15 264

What is the purpose of life?
Why are we here?
Where do we go when we die?
Is weed the answer to this problems?

I'm just putting this questions for reflection. (help me...)

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140
  1. I wouldn't ask 'what is the purpose for life'. I'd rephrase it as 'what is my purpose of life'? Everyone has accumulated different experiences, and depending on that everyone has a different purpose in life. Some try to make a difference in the world, some try to entertain others, some try to showcase their talent, some try to explore the world, and some just live it out as a regular, happy person.

2. Why are we here? As someone who doesn't believe in theism, I'd have to say because of bloody evolution. Sheer luck that the universe has a disproportionate amount of matter and anti-matter, allowing it to exist as is. In turn, we are also fortunate that the evolution of proteins led to microorganisms, which eventually, through multiple mass-extinctions and hundreds of millions of years, to us.

3. Where do we go when we die? Nobody bloody knows. That's why death continues to mystify us. Some say we go to heaven or hell, some say we reincarnate. I belive death is final. Eternal darkness is beyond it, but none of us will ever experience that because we will simply cease to exist. Then again, this is simply a belief. No one has come back from death to tell us what it's like to be dead...

4. No.
Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016
  1. There is no purpose to live, life is entropy , the same force that formed the stars and living cells is also the force that is slowing killing us all . life is to be.

2. why are we here? entropy

3. You are made of stars and when the sun implodes ( or we get hit by an asteroid of when all the nukes are detonated)" everyone will return to the cosmos where our journey began

4. Weed can at first help you realize the above, but if you looking for meaning in life than weed will probably not help

Personally when i stopped asking that question (what is the purpose of life) and accepted that life has no purpose , i realized that being a sentient organism spinning around on a rock that orbits a hot ball of gas that is millions of light years from any other remotely possibly rock that could support life is pretty dam amazing , so make your own purpose , its not set in stone.

SWED

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Memes.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@chelsea8 how can you forget dab?

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I agree with Golefty's first three points, as for his forth, well....

Realizing that you will die, Earth will die, and eventually, even the universe will cease to exist is at first terrifying, and then very calming. Your life is yours, and yours alone, to live. What you decide to prioritize, that is up to you.

_Marcos_ 7 years ago
Sporting CP, Portugal 15 264

Mennnnnnn, you guys dont get it!

This was a joke...

The real question is: why isnt weed legal everywhere?

But now isnt funny anymore because i had to explain

Thanks Obama

Jimbet 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

the purpose of life is to make things GREAT again!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

the purpose of life is to make thing GREAT again!

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Purpose of life is to be active member on FR and eventually becoming MOD then GOATM of FR !

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

#makeThingGreatAgainnnn

way to go Jimbet. :D:D:D:D.

I like the last question most, the other I have them like every year since the 1st grade =))))

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Who gives a flying fk about purpose in life. Enjoy your life while it lasts lads!

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

@Marcus: hahahaha, great one =))))

srk_rox 7 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

Learning my thermodynamics entropy concept as i am typing.. I thought i was the only one who liked entropy concept.
Everyone has a different definition for life.. World is a place where we can show our individuality.. Lets Be different. Life is something what we make.
Cheers

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

@srk_rox: aight, that's deep mate. :D

srk_rox 7 years ago
Liverpool 5 542

^ haha. Am normally an easy going and fun loving person. Sometimes I tend to get philosophical without my knowledge.

Ericim 7 years ago
Inter, Germany 0 91

Good Morning :)

These questions are commonly asked by any person on earth. See, I'm currently studying Psychology, in which scientists describe, predict, and test behaviours and mental processes. They have different perspectives to describe behaviours and mental processes.

Similarly, these questions can be answered depending on so many views or perspectives. Certainly, scientist's perspectives are among them as well as religious perspectives. Many religions across the globe have provided such answers ( I'am sure and hence this might be the answer to why religions exist).

This islamic video illustrates the meaning in general.

Thank you.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

^LoL. I would've reply that but I won't.

Good to see some members with awesome knowledge. Entropy, evolution etc.

Tech is improving every single day. Science is the answer of many. And will be the answer of all but by that time we won't be alive. Maybe the world we live in will die before science finds the answers. The thing that does not have any proof can not be an answer obviously. It can only be a satisfactoriness for the ones who want to believe in something.

Science is the most real guide for civilisation, for life, for success in the world. To search for a guide other than science is absurdity, ignorance and heresy.
MUSTAFA KEMAL ATATÜRK

So,

1-

There is no purpose to live, life is entropy , the same force that formed the stars and living cells is also the force that is slowing killing us all . life is to be.

Nice one.

I wouldn't ask 'what is the purpose for life'. I'd rephrase it as 'what is my purpose of life'? Everyone has accumulated different experiences, and depending on that everyone has a different purpose in life. Some try to make a difference in the world, some try to entertain others, some try to showcase their talent, some try to explore the world, and some just live it out as a regular, happy person.

Exactly. As a guy who will kill himself in 6-7 years, I will try to make a difference on that time for to change it but If I can't make it, I will not make it.

2-Coincidence

3-There is no soul. Therefore it will not go anywhere but to

return to the cosmos where our journey began

4- No.

And for the real question: Trump to make it legal.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

^LoL. I would've reply that but I won't.

Good to see some members with awesome knowledge. Entropy, evolution etc.

Tech is improving every single day. Science is the answer of many. And will be the answer of all but by that time we won't be alive. Maybe the world we live in will die before science finds the answers. The thing that does not have any proof can not be an answer obviously. It can only be a satisfactoriness for the ones who want to believe in something.

So,

1-

There is no purpose to live, life is entropy , the same force that formed the stars and living cells is also the force that is slowing killing us all . life is to be.

Nice one.

I wouldn't ask 'what is the purpose for life'. I'd rephrase it as 'what is my purpose of life'? Everyone has accumulated different experiences, and depending on that everyone has a different purpose in life. Some try to make a difference in the world, some try to entertain others, some try to showcase their talent, some try to explore the world, and some just live it out as a regular, happy person.

Exactly. As a guy who will kill himself in 6-7 years, I will try to make a difference on that time for to change it but If I can't make it, I will not make it.

2-Coincidence

3-There is no soul. Therefore it will not go anywhere but to

return to the cosmos where our journey began

4- No.

And for the real question: Trump to make it legal.

tdot2barca 7 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

Wait so God doesn't exist because evolution? I hope you guys know evolution has nothing to do with origin questions.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

I've just watched Family Guy S7E12 . Is this a coincidence? LoL :D
IMDB Page

cr7real 7 years ago
Galatasaray, Turkey 0 66

Universe have existed since billions years I dont know since when. We are in exam every moment in life. Who will fail or who will pass this exam. Goodness and sins determine what will happen. According to this, people go to heaven or hell in the end of life. I think our general purpose is to be a good person who is well behieved, helping each ather, warm hearted and Like that

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Uhh, Emre? You ok man?