Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

W.T.F. Fiorentina wants €50m for Cuadrado... transfer these days are so ridiculous
tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

What has the world become???

Fiorentina asked Barca for Cuadrado a price of €50m. Seriously, the guy is good but aint that good, no CL appearances, no national team recognition... €30m at max.

I hope Barca dont response to this kind of ridiculous demand.... they need money for a proper CB anyway. Bayern and Manchester United also interested in him, so probably why they want such a price.

Seriously, the prices of the recent transfers are becoming ridiculous. Clubs everywhere are in deep debt shit... But constantly manipulate the transfer market, cause all kind of imbalances... Especially when in some countries the economy are pretty horrible... Big thanks to their sugar daddies.

And then their freakin WAGES... x.X

I understand they can talk about profit of selling stuffs (TV, jerseys etc...), but this is beyond bad. It's nothing new though :(. The FFP hasn't really worked just yet

A list of top 10 most expensive transfers this year and their salary....
http://www.financenews24.com/2013/07/30/the-top-10-most-expensive-football-transfers-in-2013-2014/

Comments
Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

A little more on topic...

Ive read so many articles recently about Cuadrado signing for United for 40m. It seems like this will really happen, like REALLY. some sources as unreliable as they may be have said there is an agreement between both Fiorentina and Cuadrado with United.

I just hope this doesn't end up happening, it would be a very expensive player we definitely dont need, or we dont need that desperately as other positions. We already payed a ton of money for Shaw who plays on the left and we have Rafael who is pretty decent so Unless Van Gaal wants to use him a a winger, which I disapprove, he is just a waste of useful transfer money. Imagine the amount of players or the quality we could get with 40m for many other positions! like, idk... a CB maybe! we are on the same track as Barcelona, spending money on expensive player we dont need.

man_utd 10 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

@Tuanis

I quite think the opposite. I think Cuadrado would be fantastic! I mean the money may be a little steep, but with his club performance last season and his World Cup performance, I think it justifies the fee a bit. Yeah its a little expensive but that's what football is like these days.
We seem to be playing a 3-5-2 and some people are saying it's temporary but regardless, we need a good winger and a RWB. This just has Cuadrado all over it. He's played RWB occasionally for Fiorentina a bit last season and played as a RWB before. And if we do switch to another formation to let's say a 4-3-3, we could use him as a winger so there's nothing bad about signing him. Rafael is injury prone and it's too risky to realy solely on him along with Valencia for the whole season. And to be honest, it doesn't matter how much we spend. We won't get affected by FFP or any rules.
I do believe it has something to with the hundreds of sponsors we have so money isn't and will never be a problem for United. And we are already linked with CB's like Benatia (I hope we get him) and Blind. I just hope this transfer window doesn't end like last summer's and Louis van Gaal panic buys but he doesn't seem to be that type of person.

Just my two cents on this whole Cuadrado, United transfer targets thing.

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Btw Mourinho is biding for both Cuadrado and Benatia, does he really want them even with Azpi/Zouma or just a way to make their price explode for his club rivals ? ( A Florentino Perez method btw )

man_utd 10 years ago

The Fiorentina president already confirmed yesterday Cuadrado wants to leave so him leaving is obvious. It's just a matter of where he goes to.
According to this:http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/manchester-united-lead-barcelona-in-the-race-for-cuadrado-fiorentina-have-set-the-price-tag/
The president set a 40 million Euros (32 million Pounds) which I think would be fantastic.

No one should question his ability. He's probably Columbia's 2nd best player after James. He's just fantastic.

In other transfer news, Vidal saga is still ongoing.
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/paul-pogba-hints-juventus-teammate-arturo-vidal-may-leave-club-for-epls-manchester-united-20140809-102c3m.html

Apparently Pogba heard that Vidal is leaving. I think it's just dragging along because van Gaal is monitoring Vidal's knee injury to see if we should table a bid. I think we could land him. 70% chance.

We're also linked with Benatia and Blind and di Maria but nothing too substantial for them.

Even if we were to buy Cuadrado, Vidal, Benatia, Blind and di Maria, we wouldn't be affected by any FFP although that would be a lot of money.

Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Man_utd

"He's probably Columbia's 2nd best player after James."

You forgot Falcao.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Man_utd

You forgot Falcao.

@Man_utd

You forgot Falcao.

man_utd 10 years ago

@Dynastian98
Huh. Forgot about Falcao. Nonetheless, an amazing player.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Man_Utd

In your opinion, how do you expect Manchester United to fare in the league and cups next season, especially taking in the fact that they don't have Europe to worry about?

man_utd 10 years ago

@Dynastian98
I think some of it has got to do with whether we sign the players we want (Vidal, Cuadrado, Benatia etc...) and strengthen the weak areas. We'll definitely be looking to at challenge for the title but I don't expect to really win it considering van Gaal is new (but he has turned this squad around 180 degrees). I'd be content with a top 3/4 win. Champions League next season is a must. But I mean if we do sign the players mentioned before (a big if), we will definitely be title contenders. Vidal, Cuadrado, Benatia, Rooney, RVP, de Gea, Herrera, Shaw and VAN GAAL, that looks like a solid title contending squad. But I don't expect us to sign all 3 of them although that would be a dream come true. So it all boils down in how we do in the last 20 days or so of the transfer window.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

That's interesting. I was thinking that Vidic needs some serious replacing, and Benatia would be an excellent buy. Cuadrado is probably just as important as a RWB, but getting Vidal seems a little far-fetched at the moment.

shpalman 10 years ago Edited
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@Lodatz
"Oh please what? I'm right. If you feel otherwise, then please explain how a 26-year old winger, one of the better players at a 4th-placed team in a lower league (and who has won nothing) is somehow much more talented than a 25-year old attacking midfielder, one of the better players at an 8th-placed team in the most competitive league in the world, and who made it into many people's Best XI from that same league? ;)"

explain how? you didn't watch Cuadrado play, that simple. if you had, you wouldn't say that Cuadrado and Lallana have the same talent. also, you completely ignored my previous posts. saying that Lallana is overpriced is not "anti-english". don't overdramatize. in this regard i invite you to go back and read my posts in Lallana's thread.

to add on Cuadrado, he plays in Italy since long time, besides his talent he learned how to stay on the pitch: he's a solid player both technically and tactically. can't say the same about Lallana. Serie A is a lower league you say, fine, guess how Colombia was able to go that far in the WC...

see, i'd expect some more respect for Serie A from a football fan, our football is in a very difficult moment, but as i said long time ago: we just lost the bells and whistles, the substance is still there. players who go and play in Serie A become better footballers, they learn all the serious stuff, (read: tactical awareness etc.).
i'm wondering if the EPL loses its bells and whistles (money/investors), what would be left of it?
a few words to the wise. Serie A is such a lower league, that's why English clubs want our players, 10/10 bro'.

have a bit of respect.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Lodatz
"Oh please what? I'm right. If you feel otherwise, then please explain how a 26-year old winger, one of the better players at a 4th-placed team in a lower league (and who has won nothing) is somehow much more talented than a 25-year old attacking midfielder, one of the better players at an 8th-placed team in the most competitive league in the world, and who made it into many people's Best XI from that same league? ;)"

explain how? you didn't watch Cuadrado play, that simple. if you had, you wouldn't say that Cuadrado and Lallana have the same talent. also, you completely ignored my previous posts. saying that Lallana is overpriced is not "anti-english". don't overdramatize. in this regard i invite you to go back and read my posts in Lallana's thread.

to add on Cuadrado, he plays in Italy since long time, besides his talent he learned how to stay on the pitch: he's a solid player both technically and tactically. can't say the same about Lallana. Serie A is a lower league you say, fine, guess how Colombia was able to go that far in the WC...

see, i'd expect some more respect for Serie A from a football fan, our football is in a very difficult moment, but as i said long time ago: we just lost the bells and whistles, the substance is still there. players who go and play in Serie A become better footballers, they learn all the serious stuff, (read: tactical awareness etc.).
anyway i'm wondering if the EPL loses its bells and whistles (money/investors), what would be left of it?
a few words to the wise. Serie A is such a lower league, that's why English clubs want our players, 10/10 bro'.
have a bit of respect.

@Lodatz

anyway i'm wondering if the EPL loses its bells and whistles (money/investors), what would be left of it?

have a bit of respect.

@Lodatz

have a bit of respect.

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I would just add that ''the best XI of this same League'' have always lost to squadra Azzura no matter their form.