Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

W.T.F. Fiorentina wants €50m for Cuadrado... transfer these days are so ridiculous
tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

What has the world become???

Fiorentina asked Barca for Cuadrado a price of €50m. Seriously, the guy is good but aint that good, no CL appearances, no national team recognition... €30m at max.

I hope Barca dont response to this kind of ridiculous demand.... they need money for a proper CB anyway. Bayern and Manchester United also interested in him, so probably why they want such a price.

Seriously, the prices of the recent transfers are becoming ridiculous. Clubs everywhere are in deep debt shit... But constantly manipulate the transfer market, cause all kind of imbalances... Especially when in some countries the economy are pretty horrible... Big thanks to their sugar daddies.

And then their freakin WAGES... x.X

I understand they can talk about profit of selling stuffs (TV, jerseys etc...), but this is beyond bad. It's nothing new though :(. The FFP hasn't really worked just yet

A list of top 10 most expensive transfers this year and their salary....
http://www.financenews24.com/2013/07/30/the-top-10-most-expensive-football-transfers-in-2013-2014/

Comments
tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Lallana and ×Cuadrado have equivalent talents ?

When i see Lallana's price, 30M for ×Griezmann is a steal.

Edited By Mod
Reason:
mate there's no need to bash, your meme is perfectly fine already :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Shpalman You'd better agree with him or you would be treated as a troll for the rest of your life XD.
I didnt treat him of police of thinking for no reason, he is absolutely unable to tolerate other views different than his, debating with him is a waste of time.

Lallana and Cuadrado have equivalent talents ?

When i see Lallana's price, 30M for Griezmann is a steal.

knibis 10 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

i agree with eden17's post

he is overpriced but he still is not as overpriced as pl players

yes this transfer shit is a bubble thats gonna burst

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

@Lodatz: you gotta chill mate. opinions matter. We all have different point of views. I am all rooting for EPL, but I agree with @sphalman, EPL players are overrated in general and averagely. That's almost everyone opinions.

Let's take a look at the national teams, for the last 10 years, before going to the major tournment England always had a lot of noises, stars, WAG etc... highly ranked team with top coaches (at least according to the media and especially English media). But unfortunately they chocked. always.

The other overpricing players from other leagues are mostly high profile players, I said it already: it's ridiculous. But the non-or-less star players are nothing compare to British's price tags.

Well said Tuan.

Who is interested about ×Cuadrado ? Bayern Munich ( Guardiola ), Manchester United ( LVG ), Barcelona.
Its enough for me to destroy any stupid point and to make his price that big.
Now, Who was interested in Lallana ? Nobody outside England, and no City/Chelsea.
Now what Southampton did that exceptional last year ? They finished very far from an outstanding achievement, they did well but thats it.
So why their players price were that high ? Because they are English, and because few English youth have a good level.
Lallana is 26 yo, older than ×Diego Costa and his progression wont be like ×Griezmann or another player progression.

Why Herrera is that expensive ? Because Bilbao cant buy non Basc players, their only choices are impossible to sign, Azpi, ×Griezmann, Llorente, Illaramendi who are the only quality Basque outside Bilbao, the WHOLE Bilbao squad must be Basque and its a specific and respected rule there.

And did people saw what Bilbao achieved in ×Spain and in Europeen level with their quality youth ? Could Southampton players be at the same level ? Only for biased PL fan boys...

Without mentioning the fact that they signed a player in a different level than Lallana, herrera is in a world class level for years now at the difference of ×Cuadrado who can easily fit in ×World cup ×best XI.

Well to end all this waste of time, you cant have recognition without achieving absolutely nothing outside England, CL, EL and national competitions are there to compare levels and the actual result is very clear.

I will be the first to admit and congratulate any English performence or achievement in the future, but people' s points should be backed up with the reality results not from their dreams....

Spanish and German youh deserve to be expensive, they won lately all youth competitions.
What did the English youth achieve in youth competitions ? Absolutely nothing.
How much Gotze/Reus would cost if they were English ? +60M.

• History

Well said Tuan.

Who is interested about Cuadrado ? Bayern Munich ( Guardiola ), Manchester United ( LVG ), Barcelona.
Now, Who was interested in Lallana ? Nobody outside England, and no City/Chelsea.
Now what Southampton did that exceptional last year ? They finished very far from an outstanding achievement, they did well but thats it.
So why their players price were that high ? Because they are English, and because few English youth have a good level.
Lallana is 26 yo, older than Diego Costa and his progression wont be like Griezmann or another player progression.

Why Herrera is that expensive ? Because Bilbao cant buy non Basc players, their only choices are impossible to sign, Azpi, Griezmann, Llorente who are the only quality Basque outside Bilbao, the WHOLE Bilbao squad must be Basque and its a specific and respected rule there.

And did people saw what Bilbao achieved in Spain and in Europeen level with their quality youth ? Could Southampton players be at the same level ? Only for biased PL fan boys...

Without mentioning the fact that they signed a player in a different level than Lallana, he is in a world class level for years now at the difference of Cuadrado who can easily fit in World cup best XI.

Well to end all this waste of time, you cant have recognition without achieving absolutely nothing outside England, CL, EL and national competitions are there to compare levels and the actual result is very clear.

I will be the first to admit and congratulate any English performence or achievement in the future, but people' s points should be backed up with the reality results not from their dreams....

Well said Tuan.

Who is interested about ×Cuadrado ? Bayern Munich ( Guardiola ), Manchester United ( LVG ), Barcelona.
Lallana is 26 yo, older than [×Diego Costa](//search.conduit.com/Results.aspx?ctid=CT3330661&searchsource=55&UM=2&q=Diego Costa) and his progression wont be like ×Griezmann or another player progression.

Why Herrera is that expensive ? Because Bilbao cant buy non Basc players, their only choices are impossible to sign, Azpi, ×Griezmann, Llorente who are the only quality Basque outside Bilbao, the WHOLE Bilbao squad must be Basque and its a specific and respected rule there.

And did people saw what Bilbao achieved in ×Spain and in Europeen level with their quality youth ? Could Southampton players be at the same level ? Only for biased PL fan boys...

Without mentioning the fact that they signed a player in a different level than Lallana, he is in a world class level for years now at the difference of ×Cuadrado who can easily (removed) in [×World cup](//search.conduit.com/Results.aspx?ctid=CT3330661&searchsource=55&UM=2&q=world cup) ×best XI.

I will be the first to admit and (removed) any English performence or achievement in the future, but people' s points should be (removed) with the reality results not from their dreams....

Spanish and German youh deserve to be expensive, who won the last youth trophy ? Germany.
Who won the one before ? Spain.

Well said Tuan.

Lallana is 26 yo, older than Diego Costa and his progression wont be like Griezmann or another player progression.

Why Herrera is that expensive ? Because Bilbao cant buy non Basc players, their only choices are impossible to sign, Azpi, Griezmann, Llorente who are the only quality Basque outside Bilbao, the WHOLE Bilbao squad must be Basque and its a specific and respected rule there.

And did people saw what Bilbao achieved in Spain and in Europeen level with their quality youth ? Could Southampton players be at the same level ? Only for biased PL fan boys...

Without mentioning the fact that they signed a player in a different level than Lallana, he is in a world class level for years now at the difference of Cuadrado who can easily fit in [×World cup](//search.conduit.com/Results.aspx?ctid=CT3330661&searchsource=55&UM=2&q=world cup) best XI.

Spanish and German youh deserve to be expensive, who won the last youth trophy ? ×Germany.
Who won the one before ? ×Spain.

Well said Tuan.

Why Herrera is that expensive ? Because Bilbao cant buy non Basc players, their only choices are impossible to sign, Azpi, Griezmann, Llorente, Illaramendi who are the only quality Basque outside Bilbao, the WHOLE Bilbao squad must be Basque and its a specific and respected rule there.

Without mentioning the fact that they signed a player in a different level than Lallana, he is in a world class level for years now at the difference of Cuadrado who can easily (removed) in ×World cup best XI.

I will be the first to admit and (removed) any English performence or achievement in the future, but people' s points should be backed up with the reality results not from their dreams....

Spanish and German youh deserve to be expensive, who won the last youth trophy ? ×Germany.
Who won the one before ? ×Spain.

Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tiki

Reus is almost the German equivalent of Bale. He's not the physical specimen that Bale is, but he is better than Bale technically.

Now, Bale commanded a 100 Million price tag, and I can bet that Reus is valued at less than half of that price.

• History

@Tiki

Reus is almost the German equivalent of Bale. He's not the physical specimen that Bale is, but he is better than Bale technically.

Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Player's prices are very VERY relative. You cant go around believing that a players quality or talent is directly tied to the price. RM got Ozil for free, and if anyone would like to buy Mathieu from Barcelona right now they will have to play around 40m. Those are the two sides in which we can see it. Contracts have a big part on players' prices.

Also IDK why people complain so much about EPL players being overpriced, its clear that prices are not equivalent to their talent, its also EPL team's problem.

Who would you have gotten instead of Lallana or Shaw with the same amount of money? Clubs are not stupid enough to buy a player being overpriced if there is a clear alternate choice for less money.

btw... I also believe Shaw has the potential to be as good or even better than Cuadrado. Its not crazy to compare both of them and some comment I read prove that some people just hate the EPL or dont even have a clue of what happens in it. Every pound spent on Shaw was worth it, he is very young and was by far the best LB of last season in the EPL.

Shaw is 19 years old, very different case than Lallana.
Not hate from my part, im just tired from people bringing their science, insulting people ang ignoring pitch results...
If someone saw West Ham - Malaga 0-2 lately, its pre-season yes, but who brings league strenght each time a big team strugles against weaker side ? The same people who insults la liga for each time RM or Barça win with big margin.
I understand your sensation Tuanis for the simple reason that its the opposite case since i joined the forum without any proof of pitch superiority.

• History

Not hate from my part, im just tired from people bringing their science ang ignoring pitch results...

Not hate from my part, im just tired from people bringing their science, insulting people ang ignoring pitch results...

If someone saw West Ham - Malaga 0-2 lately, its pre-season yes, but who brings league strenght each time a big team strugles against weaker side ? The same people who insults la liga for each time RM or Barça win with big margin.

Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

^ The only teams to knock out Barca and Madrid from the Champions League in the last 4 seasons (from outside Spain) have been Chelsea and Bayern (both went on to be winners in at least one season), and Dortmund. Only three teams outside of Spain have had the ability to knock out Barca and Madrid.

And the scorelines have been incredibly close too. Bayern's 7-0 thumping of Barca was indeed extraordinary, but that was the exception.

Madrid lost to Bayern on penalties, and lost to Dortmund by a one-goal margin (3-4).
Barca lost to Chelsea by a one-goal margin as well (2-3).

4 seasons, and only 3 clubs from outside Spain were able to knock out the two Spanish giants. And all those defeats came in the semi-finals, with two of those three clubs going on to become eventual winners.

• History

^ The only teams to knock out Barca and Madrid from the Champions League in the last 4 seasons (from outside Spain) have been Chelsea and Bayern (both went on to be winners in at least one season), and Dortmund. Only three teams outside of Spain have had the ability to knock out Barca and Madrid.

And the scorelines have been incredibly close too. Bayern's 7-0 thumping of Barca was indeed extraordinary, but that was the exception.

Madrid lost to Bayern on penalties, and lost to Dortmund by a one-goal margin (3-4).
Barca lost to Chelsea by a one-goal margin as well (2-3).

4 seasons, and only 3 clubs from outside Spain were able to knock out the two Spanish giants.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

@Tiki: agree about Bilbao and Southamton comparison.
@Dyn: "Now, Bale commanded a 100 Million price tag, and I can bet that Reus is valued at less than half of that price", sad but true, his value will be around 35 mil if the trade happens in Germany and about 55 mil. if he goes to Spain (except Madrid).

@Tuanis: yes, it is very relative. But the prices + wages have been shooting up the sky recently not because of the clubs' profits or saving, but mostly from some sugar daddies. Unfortunately, those clubs themselves are usually struggling in huge Debt. That's the problem.

It's not black and white, :( But how about lower everything, including ticket prices, TV licenses... I know it sounds naive, my point was mainly to the bubbling caused by those insane transfer.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

As for EPL, no bias here, my previous comment I tried to make it clear: it's at least understandable for top class / CL certified players to have high price tag. But in EPL some players are just ridiculously praised by the press for little to none reason. That's to me ... overrated.

decentK 10 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Teams should spend money (on transfer fees & wages) as much as they want as long as they make profit AND they are NOT in debt. Or they would get HUGE sanction (reducing points/kicking out of league). It should be as simple as that.

Never been fan of sugardaddies taking over and making them successful in one year the wrong way.

Like Thierry Henry said while ago on allstar game press conference - you can't buy history.

shpalman 10 years ago Edited
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

the correct price for Cuadrado would be around 30-35mil €. Reus is fine around 50mil. and these in my opinion are blown up prices already. if it would be for me it'd be like: Lallana 12mil, Cuadrado 20mil, Reus 35mil, Bale 40-45mil because of the hype, but 35mil would be fine as well. this would be kinda healthy. regarding the wages i'd introduce a maximum cap and 4-5 further descending caps based on the value of the player. say top valued players can't earn more than 5mil/season. that'd be the lvl 5 cap. every cap level would include players who fall into its min-max range, with their market value. like: Ronaldo is wage lvl 5, Reus wage lvl 4 etc.

about debts, top 10 clubs which have the biggest debt:

10: Borussia Dortmund.........$82mil
09: Juventus........................$83mil
08: Liverpool........................$110mil
07: Queens Park Rangers.....$145mil
06: Barcelona......................$156mil
05: Real Madrid...................$165mil
04: Bolton Wanderers..........$267mil
03: Valencia........................$374mil
02: Arsenal.........................$384 mil
01: Manchester United.........$569mil

• History

the correct price for Cuadrado would be around 30-35mil €. Reus is fine around 50mil. and these in my opinion are blown up prices already. if it would be for me it'd be like: Lallana 12mil, Cuadrado 20mil, Reus 35mil, Bale 40-45mil because of the hype, but 35mil would be fine as well. this would be kinda healthy. regarding the wages i'd introduce a maximum cap and 4-5 further descending caps based on the value of the player. say top valued players can't earn more than 5mil/season. that'd be the lvl 5 cap. every cap level would include players who fall into it's min-max range, with their market value. like: Ronaldo is wage lvl 5, Reus wage lvl 4 etc.

10: Borussia Dortmund.......$82mil
09: Juventus.......................$83mil
08: Liverpool.......................$110mil
07: Queens Park Rangers...$145mil

04: Bolton Wanderers.........$267mil

01: Manchester United.......$ 569mil

the correct price for Cuadrado would be around 30-35mil €. Reus is fine around 50mil. and these in my opinion are blown up prices already. if it would be for me it'd be like: Lallana 12mil, Cuadrado 20mil, Reus 35mil, Bale 40-45mil because of the hype, but 35mil would be fine as well. this would be kinda healthy. regarding the wages i'd introduce a maximum cap and 4-5 further descending caps based on the value of the player. say top valued players can't earn more than 5mil/season. that'd be the lvl 5 cap. every cap level would include players who fall into it's min-max range, with their market value. like: Ronaldo is wage lvl 5, Reus wage lvl 4 etc.

10: Borussia Dortmund.......$82mil
09: Juventus.......................$83mil
08: Liverpool.......................$110mil
07: Queens Park Rangers...$145mil
04: Bolton Wanderers.........$267mil
01: Manchester United.......$ 569mil

10: Borussia Dortmund........$82mil
07: Queens Park Rangers....$145mil

10: Borussia Dortmund.........$82mil
07: Queens Park Rangers.....$145mil

decentK 10 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Sorry but what the fuck is your source? Real Madrid have +550m euros debt and do you have any clue why Arsenal have constantly finished 3rd or 4th and sold their best players? and why now they're spending on Sanchez & Özil? BECAUSE THEY'VE NOW PAID THEIR DEBT.

AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@Decentk
the list is from feb 2014:

didn't find a more recent one, so if you have updates you're welcome to share it with us.
edit: EPL clubs situation in may 2014

Arsenal.................. £93m
Liverpool............... £114m
Manchester United £295m

also, chill, mate.

• History
decentK 10 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Like I said, sorry. But I find that absolute nonsense. The latter link you posted makes more sense, and it also isn't the current situation. "Accounts for the year to 31 May 2013".

Also, Real Madrid:

http://www.espnfc.com/spanish-primera-division/story/1577556/real-madrid-have-debt-%E2%80%98problem%E2%80%99-economist-gay-de-liebana

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/03/real-madrid-uefa-financial-fair-play

http://sportsnewsireland.com/soccer/soccer_irish/real-madrid-tops-football-rich-list-but-who-tops-the-debt-list-2013-04-18/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2137810-james-rodriguez-signing-latest-example-of-real-madrids-wasteful-spending

On Chelsea's situation. They don't have debt to banks, because Abramovich is their bank, where they take their loans.

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

sportnewsireland.com is rubbish. Milan have no debt.
in any case, why are you so on RM? even if the lists are not updated, they still give us an idea about the approach certain clubs have. sense or not, those are facts. i think The Guardian is a reliable source.

decentK 10 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Nothing personal against RMA, I'm not Barca, nor Atleti fan, just neutral. Just wanted to point out how far that sum is from 165 million dollars, which actually makes the whole source nonreliable. And yeah I agree it gives us great idea as long as it isn't too far away and it's a fact.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@DecentK

I studied all debts of Real Madrid thoroughly. The 550+ you are mentioning is predicted. That means that at the start of every season, the spending that will be done during the season will result in Madrid's debt bubbling up to 550 Million. But after the season is done, Madrid will have paid off all its players, management, and other payments, and will have a very manageable 160~ Million Euro debt.

Economics 101 ;)

liomessi10 10 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

@shpalman at least real madrid have bigger debts than barcelona.

AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@liomessi
and so? and there's people who even thumbed you up... i mean for you it's all about RM vs Barca even when talking about debts? wow.

@Dynastian
the very manageable 160mil debt, shouldn't be there mate. there are rules, and RM, like many other clubs. aren't giving 2 sh*ts about it.

edit, have a read here:

all that^ is going to end, at some point.

• History

@liomessi
and so? and there's people who even thumbed you up... i mean for you it's all about RM vs Barca even when talking about debts? wow.

@Dynastian
the very manageable 160mil debt, shouldn't be there mate. there are rules, and RM, like many other clubs. aren't giving 2 sh*ts about it.

@liomessi

@Dynastian

edit, have a read here:

all that^ is going to end, at some point.