Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

W.T.F. Fiorentina wants €50m for Cuadrado... transfer these days are so ridiculous
tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

What has the world become???

Fiorentina asked Barca for Cuadrado a price of €50m. Seriously, the guy is good but aint that good, no CL appearances, no national team recognition... €30m at max.

I hope Barca dont response to this kind of ridiculous demand.... they need money for a proper CB anyway. Bayern and Manchester United also interested in him, so probably why they want such a price.

Seriously, the prices of the recent transfers are becoming ridiculous. Clubs everywhere are in deep debt shit... But constantly manipulate the transfer market, cause all kind of imbalances... Especially when in some countries the economy are pretty horrible... Big thanks to their sugar daddies.

And then their freakin WAGES... x.X

I understand they can talk about profit of selling stuffs (TV, jerseys etc...), but this is beyond bad. It's nothing new though :(. The FFP hasn't really worked just yet

A list of top 10 most expensive transfers this year and their salary....
http://www.financenews24.com/2013/07/30/the-top-10-most-expensive-football-transfers-in-2013-2014/

Comments
Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Shpalman

I'm very aware of the unfair TV rights distribution and the legal tax evasion of Barcelona and Real Madrid. However, our 160 Million debt is normal because debt is within every club. The only clubs that don't have debt are those that are owned by billionaires. You should see the massive debt that Berlusconi racked up for Milan. It is present in every club.

The reason I called it manageable is because we have almost 200 Million Euros worth of liquid money. Therefore, we can pay off our debt very easily. Perez, for some reason, does not wish to do that.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

I found the data provided by @sphalman is astonishing as well... hard to believe that Real's actual debt is that low compare to others... especially with those insane transfers and wages. But it seems the data is correct...

@Dynastian: uhmn, quoted "herefore, we can pay off our debt very easily. Perez, for some reason, does not wish to do that.", Im not sure about this mate... can you elaborate?

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

we've had huge debts, but Berlusconi made it all flat in these last years. (Berlusconi going legit, misteries of life...) btw, the results are quite blatant lol. i know most of the clubs have debts, that was considered to be a normal practice, but the actual situation is bringing disparities which are too big. we'll see how much longer it will last.

meanwhile, today there was the Cuadrado talk with Fiorentina's board, the deal is to have 7 days more to think about it. if it'll arrive a huge offer Cuadrado will leave 99.9%

i just hope that this guy will keep playing regularly. i couldn't stand to see him leave to sit on the bench and so ruin his career just because some clubs are having fun collecting ALL the friggin' top players around the globe.

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

posting just because i stumbled upon it lol

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Dynast +1 This is smart from you, yes big clubs will always get a debt no matter how rich they become and their earnings, just like the actual countries and the reason why is actuaaly the world is fully controlled by bank owners.

A Rotschild said once opon a time : give me monetary control over a country and i can control everything in this country politics included.

Politians are paid consequently to never lower the debts or stopping to deal with the banks, if we understand that we are in modern slavery era, debt is rulling the world and no one could risk his own career or money to free his country or club.

I dont know much about how or why questions, but debt is present everywhere in the world where banks finance world wars and politic issues... #Humanity biggest ennemy ( debt ).

Lodatz 10 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@shpalman:

"oh please Lodatz..."

Oh please what? I'm right. If you feel otherwise, then please explain how a 26-year old winger, one of the better players at a 4th-placed team in a lower league (and who has won nothing) is somehow much more talented than a 25-year old attacking midfielder, one of the better players at an 8th-placed team in the most competitive league in the world, and who made it into many people's Best XI from that same league? ;)

Feel free. I'll even hold my breath. Hopefully you can do better than tiki's stupid meme.

Lallana was not overpriced. That's simply a fact, and it's anti-English bias to say otherwise. I direct you back to my original post which explains this perfectly by highlighting the ridiculous transfer fees for NON-English players. Cuadrado is worth roughly the same as him, and yet is costing twice as much.

Still waiting for a counter-argument. Or, y'know, you could just admit I'm right.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@shpalman:

"oh please Lodatz..."

Oh please what? I'm right. If you feel otherwise, then please explain how one of the better players at a 4th-placed team in a lower league is somehow much more talented than one of the better players at an 8th-placed team in the most competitive league in the world. ;)

Feel free. I'll even hold my breath. Hopefully you can do better than tiki's stupid meme.

Lallana was not overpriced. That's simply a fact, and it's anti-English bias to say otherwise. I direct you back to my original post which explains this perfectly by highlighting the ridiculous transfer fees for NON-English players.

Still waiting for a counter-argument. Or, y'know, you could just admit I'm right.

@shpalman:

"oh please Lodatz..."

Oh please what? I'm right. If you feel otherwise, then please explain how one of the better players at a 4th-placed team in a lower league is somehow much more talented than one of the better players at an 8th-placed team in the most competitive league in the world. ;)

Lallana was not overpriced. That's simply a fact, and it's anti-English bias to say otherwise. I direct you back to my original post which explains this perfectly by highlighting the ridiculous transfer fees for NON-English players.

Lodatz 10 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@tuan_jinn:

"The other overpricing players from other leagues are mostly high profile players, I said it already: it's ridiculous. But the non-or-less star players are nothing compare to British's price tags."

Which is entirely untrue, as I JUST SHOWED YOU IN THE POST YOU ARE REPLYING TO.

Seriously. Go look at it again. Look at those ridiculous prices for non-English players, which are far in excess of anything that an English player has ever cost. Just because the English national team has under-performed doesn't change the fact that English players are ALL playing in the toughest league in the world, spread across several top clubs who have routinely challenged for European honours.

No other league can claim that, over the last decade. No league even comes CLOSE.

So, how exactly are English players over-priced when their league has been the best over the last 10 years, and yet none of them cost anywhere near the price of players from leagues who have not been as successful?

It's a MYTH. Just because lots of people are biased against the English doesn't mean that bias is justified. Even if most people agreed that the world is flat, that still would not make it flat.

I repeat: it's a MYTH.

And it's time that we stood up to it, because it fuels these eternal arguments about the leagues, it allows someone like tiki-taka to insult English teams, players and fans on a regular basis without reproach, and it's entirely unfair on a league which has produced someone of the best football of the modern era thanks to the consistent standard of English club players.

Disagree? Go ask Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Rooney, etc, all of whom have EASILY laid claim to being one of the best in their position in the world for most of their careers.

There is no English 'bias'. There is, plain and simple, pricing according to expectation of success and quality. That is it.

You want over-pricing? Look at Pogba.

And if you want an example of CORRECT pricing, look at Lallana and Griezmann. It's just the market.

• History

@tuan_jinn:

"The other overpricing players from other leagues are mostly high profile players, I said it already: it's ridiculous. But the non-or-less star players are nothing compare to British's price tags."

Seriously. Go look at it again. Look at those ridiculous prices for non-English players, which are far in excess of anything that an English player has ever cost. Just because the English national team has under-performed doesn't change the fact that English players are ALL playing in the toughest league in the world, spread across several top clubs who have routinely challenged for European honours.

No other league can claim that, over the last decade. No league even comes CLOSE.

So, how exactly are English players over-priced when their league has been the best over the last 10, and yet none of them cost anywhere near the price of players from leagues who have not been as successful?

It's a MYTH. Just because lots of people are biased against the English doesn't mean that bias is justified. Even if most people agreed that the world is flat, that still would not make it flat.

And it's time that we stood up to it, because it fuels these eternal arguments about the leagues, it allows someone like tiki-taka to insult English teams, players and fans on a regular basis without reproach, and it's entirely unfair on a league which has produced someone of the best football of the modern era thanks to the consistent standard of English club players.

Disagree? Go ask Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Rooney, etc, all of whom have EASILY laid claim to being one of the best in their position in the world for most of their careers.

There is no English 'bias'. There is, plain and simple, pricing according to expectation of success and quality. That is it.

@tuan_jinn:

So, how exactly are English players over-priced when their league has been the best over the last 10, and yet none of them cost anywhere near the price of players from leagues who have not been as successful?

@tuan_jinn:

So, how exactly are English players over-priced when their league has been the best over the last 10 years, and yet none of them cost anywhere near the price of players from leagues who have not been as successful?

Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tuan_jinn

I believe that Perez is keeping our liquid money without spending it due to unexpected emergencies (God knows what 'unexpected situations' Perez will find himself in as RM president). I always thought that it would be best for us to slowly pay off the debt bit by bit every season with our liquid money. If we do that, and cut down on transfer spending every season, we can pay off our debt in 10-15 years (which is great!). However, I have never heard reports of Perez cutting down on our debt, nor have I seen any changes in RM debt statistics over the last 5 years (which bothers me a lot. I care more about RM's financial status than any other RM fan I've met).

Instead, Perez goes on spending sprees like a woman in a shopping mall. Just look at Shpalman's picture in this thread. CR7, Bale, and James cost Madrid more money than Ajax have spent on transfers since their founding in 1900. That's funny because all three of those transfers came under Perez's stint as president.

• History

@Tuan_jinn

I believe that Perez is keeping our liquid money without spending it due to unexpected emergencies (God knows what 'unexpected situations' Perez will find himself in as RM president). I always thought that it would be best for us to slowly pay off the debt bit by bit every season with our liquid money. If we do that, and cut down on transfer spending every season, we can pay off our debt in 10-15 years (which is great!). However, I have never heard reports of Perez cutting down on our debt, nor have I seen any changes in RM debt statistics over the last 5 years (which bothers me a lot. I care more about RM's financial status than any other RM fan I've met).

Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lodatz

About the prices you had posted earlier....

Cuadrado for 50 (I agree, over-priced by a good 20 Mil)

Herrera for 36 (ever considered the fact that Bilbao can only use players raised in the Basque country? Of course they'd over-price Herrera. It might be another 15 years before they get a play-maker as good as him again. They have a population of mere thousands to choose from when picking their squad. Every other team has the whole world to choose from)

Griezmann for 30 (this is perfectly fine)

Scheiderlin for 30 (over-priced)

Vidal for 50 (he's one of the best midfielders in the world.... and I'm not sure if Juve even stated that this was his transfer price. If they did say that Vidal is worth 50, then he truly is. One of the best mids in the world for 50 Mil? Sure, a lot of clubs would take that)

Di Maria for 80 (rumors, rumors, and rumors. It's not even his real transfer value. You can't use this to form your argument)

Pogba for 60 (seems unnatural at first, but this boy won the Best Young Player award at the World Cup, and is already a World Cup winner at youth level. Clubs are willing to dish out 60 for him if it means having the future best player in the world in their squad)

Rodriguez for 80 (massively over-priced, but this is Fiorentino Perez. His price-levels do not match the market at all. He is the only man in Spain who would pay this much on a regular basis. Barcelona merely mimic our heavy transfer spending to get the headlines)

Luiz for 50 (again, PSG spend a ridiculous amount of money to get the players they want. They are not concerned with making profits as much as getting headlines. Luiz is a marketable man, and I'm presuming that this jacked his price up a lot. What's more is that Chelsea are a clever club when it comes to transfers, and like all English clubs, they overprice their players. PSG were just dumb enough to fall for it)

Lukaku for 34 (English club buying and selling the player... what more can you say?)

• History

@Lodatz

About the prices you had posted earlier....

Cuadrado for 50 (I agree, over-priced by a good 20 Mil)
Herrera for 36 (ever considered the fact that Bilbao can only use players raised in the Basque country? Of course they'd over-price Herrera. It might be another 15 years before they get a play-maker as good as him again. They have a population of mere thousands to choose from when picking their squad. Every other team has the whole world to choose from)
Griezmann for 30 (this is perfectly fine)
Scheiderlin for 30 (over-priced)
Vidal for 50 (he's one of the best midfielders in the world.... and I'm not sure if Juve even stated that this was his transfer price. If they did say that Vidal is worth 50, then he truly is. One of the best mids in the world for 50 Mil? Sure, a lot of clubs would take that)
Di Maria for 80 (rumors, rumors, and rumors. It's not even his real transfer value. You can't use this to form your argument)
Pogba for 60 (seems unnatural at first, but this boy won the Best Young Player award at the World Cup, and is already a World Cup winner at youth level. Clubs are willing to dish out 60 for him if it means having the future best player in the world in their squad)
Rodriguez for 80 (massively over-priced, but this is Fiorentino Perez. His price-levels do not match the market at all. He is the only man in Spain who would pay this much on a regular basis. Barcelona merely mimic our heavy transfer spending to get the headlines)
Luiz for 50 (again, PSG spend a ridiculous amount of money to get the players they want. They are not concerned with making profits as much as getting headlines. Luiz is a marketable man, and I'm presuming that this jacked his price up a lot. What's more is that Chelsea are a clever club when it comes to transfers, and like all English clubs, they overprice their players. PSG were just dumb enough to fall for it)
Lukaku for 34 (English club buying and selling the player... what more can you say?)

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited

Pogba won youth world cup, titular at an early age at Juventus, main player in ×France squad, best young of the world cup.
What did Lallana achieve ? A big 0.

So Lallana is only 3 millions from Fabregas who have the same age ? Who could sign Lallana outside England for that price ? NOBODY.

The reasons why English player are expensive are clear :

• The equity in TV rights who make many clubs able to smash big amounts of money : Liverpool or Everton for example.
  • The competition for CL that make transition from PL club to another expensive knowing that you are feeding a direct rival for competition.
  • 32 percent is the number of English players in their own leagues.

Comparing Shnederlein to ×Griezmann is a facepalm, a big one. Dejan Lovren was sold from Lyon less than 10M, one year later his price tag increased by 320 per cent, but its logical right ?

To lodatz, i dont feel arguing about your fantasms, not interested because i prefer arguing with other PL followers like tuan, tuanis or V more open to discussion and imo have better knowledge, hope you understand, i dont care if you dont.

• History

Pogba won youth world cup, titular at an early age at Juventus, main player in France squad, best young of the world cup.

×Pogba won youth [×world cup](//search.conduit.com/Results.aspx?ctid=CT3330661&searchsource=55&UM=2&q=world cup), titular at an early age at Juventus, main player in ×France squad, best young of the [×world cup](//search.conduit.com/Results.aspx?ctid=CT3330661&searchsource=55&UM=2&q=world cup).

So Lallana is only 3 millions from Fabregas who have the same age ? Who could sign an English player outside England for that price ? NOBODY.

• The equity in TV rights who make many clubs able to smash big amounts of money : Liverpool or Everton for example.
  • The competition for CL that make transition from PL club to another expensive knowing that you are feeding a direct rival for competition.

To lodatz, i dont feel arguing about your fantasms, not interested because i prefer arguing with other PL followers like tuan, tuanis or V more open to discussion and imo have better knowledge, hope you understand, i dont care if you dont.

×Pogba won youth ×world cup, titular at an early age at Juventus, main player in ×France squad, best young of the ×world cup.

So Lallana is only 3 millions from Fabregas who have the same age ? Who could sign Lallana outside England for that price ? NOBODY.

Comparing Shnederlein to Griezmann is a facepalm, a big one. Dejan Lovren was sold from Lyon less than 10M, one year later his price tag increased by 250 per cent, but its logical right ?

man_utd 10 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

If we're still on the topic of Cuadrado...
I think if United sign him for about 40 million Euros (32 million pounds), considering how good he was last season, his World Cup performance and the system United plays under van Gaal, he'll be perfect for us.
Lots of talks about him coming to United but Barcelona wants him too.

^ We are falling short of liquidity as we failed to sell some players, i think you will get him.
He was one of the best ×World cup players as you said, let the folks speak and insult Calcio they forgot that their own merit is buying players because they produce few talents.
Italian youth at least are world class, their national team are competitive most of the times...

• History

^ We are falling short of liquidity as we failed to sell some players, i think you will get him.
He was one of the best World cup players as you said, let the folks speak and insult Calcio they forgot that they own merit is buying players because they produce few talents.
Italian youth at least are world class...

He was one of the best [×World cup](//search.conduit.com/Results.aspx?ctid=CT3330661&searchsource=55&UM=2&q=world cup) players as you said, let the folks speak and insult Calcio they forgot that their own merit is buying players because they produce few talents.
Italian youth at least are world class...

This is an analyse of a recognized sport analyst in ×France :

On June 27, a British teenager has become the third most expensive defender in the history of world football, behind the tandem Thiago Silva, ×David Luiz PSG. Luke Shaw, tenured for the first time in November 2012 by his trainer club Southampton, three capes senior to his credit, has cost much to Manchester United as Rio Ferdinand But Ferdinand in 2002, then twenty-three, had reached the semi-finals of the Champions League with Leeds United, where he became captain in 2001, emerging from a superb ×world Cup in which he confirmed his status as a holder with the Three Lions. Yet the amount of the transfer of Ferdinand (€ 36 million) was then told that either Alex Ferguson or the club or the whole English football was insane. Maybe we could talk about a collective alienation. So what now Louis van Gaal (who had approved the acquisition of Shaw, although the Dutch was not yet officially took office at Old Trafford), the Glazer or the Premier League?

Take the case of Shaw. When United "overpays", he first pays his absence from the Champions League, which requires him to outbid beyond what would be reasonable for a City or Arsenal when it comes to getting a footballer as coveted as young Englishman, who is likely to anchor the left side of his selection for the next ten to fifteen years. Spain's Ander Herrera (zero selection) has also cost more (36 million euros), too, that what his pedigree would predict. Arturo Vidal, if his transfer from Juventus materializes, will beat all records for a defensive midfielder, speaking of € 65 million. And whoever is negotiating with the Red Devils obviously knows that they have no choice but to make financial sacrifices to the extent of their desire to join the super-elite of European football in the shortest possible time. What for United and its sponsors, is an absolute necessity. A large company does nothing when swallowed tens of millions in research and development to find a lost rank.
J
ose Mourinho has not gone far to suggest, though refrained from directly accusing sanity Van Gaal, his former mentor at Barcelona, ​​a man for whom he maintains a respect which does is not feigned. "If you pay for a 19 year old boy [Shaw] what we are asked, we are dead," said the Portuguese. "We would have killed our stability relative to financial fair play, we would have killed stability in our dressing room because when you pay that much for a kid of 19 years -. A good player, a fantastic player - the next day, [you] players knocking on [your] door [and say], 'how is it possible that I have played 200 games for the club, WON this and that, and someone came here 19 years and earns more than me? 'it would have immediately killed our balance, and we could not afford it. "

And indeed, Chelsea withdrew the game, rejecting Shaw (always a fan of the Blues, by the way) to acquire Filipe Luis, ×Brazil international, who won La Liga, the Copa del Rey, Europa League , the European Supercup and a finalist in the last Champions League. Filipe Luis whose salary is, say, 25 per cent below the 120,000 euros - plus bonuses - that United will pay each week successor to Patrice ×Evra. It is understood that Mourinho was surprised that one of the pillars of Atletico Madrid may cost 15 million euros less about the "kid" who played in only sixty-seven games in all competitions for a team eighth in the latest edition of the Premier League had been hailed as a miracle. They are mad, these English. Crazy to buy English. Crazy to pay a premium that there is no justification, when their selection comes home from ×Brazil after three matches it has no WIN. In addition, Shaw is just one example among many of this national evil of this distortion of the values ​​that the player made ​​in England is trading at prices that make them unsalable to foreign clubs. Calum Chambers, another of the young English Saints, was purchased nineteen million euros by Arsenal, who have spent five million euros less for the globalist Mathieu ×Debuchy. Which evolved in the same position as Newcastle Chambers in Southampton. When the latter, another "kid 19 years" was the owner, which was not the case all weekend. Or: Adam Lallana, the soul of this Southampton plundered by the powerful of the Premier League. The investment for Liverpool only exceeded two million one made ​​by Chelsea to acquire Cesc Fabregas, European champion, world champion, champion of (almost) everything with Roja and FC Barcelona. And who, at twenty-seven, is at the peak of his career. Lallana, younger than twelve months, has nothing WON him. Sportingly, economically, how could this make sense?

• History

Jose Mourinho has not gone far to suggest, though refrained from directly accusing sanity Van Gaal, his former mentor at Barcelona, ​​a man for whom he maintains a respect which does is not feigned. "If you pay for a 19 year old boy [Shaw] what we are asked, we are dead," said the Portuguese. "We would have killed our stability relative to financial fair play, we would have killed stability in our dressing room because when you pay that much for a kid of 19 years -. A good player, a fantastic player - the next day, [you] players knocking on [your] door [and say], 'how is it possible that I have played 200 games for the club, WON this and that, and someone came here 19 years and earns more than me? 'it would have immediately killed our balance, and we could not afford it. "

And indeed, Chelsea withdrew the game, rejecting Shaw (always a fan of the Blues, by the way) to acquire Filipe Luis, ×Brazil international, who won La Liga, the Copa del Rey, Europa League , the European Supercup and a finalist in the last Champions League. Filipe Luis whose salary is, say, 25 per cent below the 120,000 euros - plus bonuses - that United will pay each week successor to Patrice ×Evra. It is understood that Mourinho was surprised that one of the pillars of Atletico Madrid may cost 15 million euros less about the "kid" who played in only sixty-seven games in all competitions for a team eighth in the latest edition of the Premier League had been hailed as a miracle. They are mad, these English. Crazy to buy English. Crazy to pay a premium that there is no justification, when their selection comes home from ×Brazil after three matches it has no WIN. In addition, Shaw is just one example among many of this national evil of this distortion of the values ​​that the player made ​​in England is (removed) at prices that make them unsalable to foreign clubs. Calum Chambers, another of the young English Saints, was purchased nineteen million euros by Arsenal, who have spent five million euros less for the globalist Mathieu ×Debuchy. Which evolved in the same position as Newcastle Chambers in Southampton. When the latter, another "kid 19 years" was the owner, which was not the case all weekend. Or: Adam Lallana, the soul of this Southampton plundered by the powerful of the Premier League. The (removed) for Liverpool only exceeded two million one made ​​by Chelsea to acquire Cesc Fabregas, European champion, world champion, champion of (almost) everything with Roja and FC Barcelona. And who, at twenty-seven, is at the peak of his career. Lallana, younger than twelve months, has nothing WON him. Sportingly, economically, how could this make sense?

This is an analyse of a recognized sport analyst in France :

Jose Mourinho has not gone far to suggest, though refrained from directly accusing sanity Van Gaal, his former mentor at Barcelona, ​​a man for whom he maintains a respect which does is not feigned. "If you pay for a 19 year old boy [Shaw] what we are asked, we are dead," said the Portuguese. "We would have killed our stability relative to financial fair play, we would have killed stability in our dressing room because when you pay that much for a kid of 19 years -. A good player, a fantastic player - the next day, [you] players knocking on [your] door [and say], 'how is it possible that I have played 200 games for the club, WON this and that, and someone came here 19 years and earns more than me? 'it would have immediately killed our balance, and we could not afford it. "

And indeed, Chelsea withdrew the game, rejecting Shaw (always a fan of the Blues, by the way) to acquire Filipe Luis, Brazil international, who won La Liga, the Copa del Rey, Europa League , the European Supercup and a finalist in the last Champions League. Filipe Luis whose salary is, say, 25 per cent below the 120,000 euros - plus bonuses - that United will pay each week successor to Patrice Evra. It is understood that Mourinho was surprised that one of the pillars of Atletico Madrid may cost 15 million euros less about the "kid" who played in only sixty-seven games in all competitions for a team eighth in the latest edition of the Premier League had been hailed as a miracle. They are mad, these English. Crazy to buy English. Crazy to pay a premium that there is no justification, when their selection comes home from Brazil after three matches it has no WIN. In addition, Shaw is just one example among many of this national evil of this distortion of the values ​​that the player made ​​in England is trading at prices that make them unsalable to foreign clubs. Calum Chambers, another of the young English Saints, was purchased nineteen million euros by Arsenal, who have spent five million euros less for the globalist Mathieu Debuchy. Which evolved in the same position as Newcastle Chambers in Southampton. When the latter, another "kid 19 years" was the owner, which was not the case all weekend. Or: Adam Lallana, the soul of this Southampton plundered by the powerful of the Premier League. The investment for Liverpool only exceeded two million one made ​​by Chelsea to acquire Cesc Fabregas, European champion, world champion, champion of (almost) everything with Roja and FC Barcelona. And who, at twenty-seven, is at the peak of his career. Lallana, younger than twelve months, has nothing WON him. Sportingly, economically, how could this make sense?

On June 27, a British teenager has become the third most expensive defender in the history of world football, behind the tandem Thiago Silva, David Luiz PSG. Luke Shaw, tenured for the first time in November 2012 by his trainer club Southampton, three capes senior to his credit, has cost much to Manchester United as Rio Ferdinand But Ferdinand in 2002, then twenty-three, had reached the semi-finals of the Champions League with Leeds United, where he became captain in 2001, emerging from a superb world Cup in which he confirmed his status as a holder with the Three Lions. Yet the amount of the transfer of Ferdinand (€ 36 million) was then told that either Alex Ferguson or the club or the whole English football was insane. Maybe we could talk about a collective alienation. So what now Louis van Gaal (who had approved the acquisition of Shaw, although the Dutch (removed) was not yet officially took office at Old Trafford), the Glazer or the Premier League?

renons where Shaw. When United "overpays", he first pays his absence from the Champions League, which requires him to outbid beyond what would be reasonable for a City or Arsenal when it comes to getting a footballer as coveted as young Englishman, who is likely to anchor the left side of his selection for the next ten to fifteen years. Spain's Ander Herrera (zero selection) has also cost more (36 million euros), too, that what his pedigree would predict. Arturo Vidal, if his transfer from Juventus materializes, will beat all records for a defensive midfielder, speaking of € 65 million. And whoever is negotiating with the Red Devils obviously knows that they have no choice but to make financial sacrifices to the extent of their desire to join the super-elite of European football in the shortest possible time. What for United and its sponsors, is an absolute necessity. A large company does nothing when swallowed tens of millions in research and development to find a lost rank.

And indeed, Chelsea withdrew the game, rejecting Shaw (always a fan of the Blues, by the way) to acquire Filipe Luis, ×Brazil international, who won La Liga, the Copa del Rey, Europa League , the European Supercup and a finalist in the last Champions League. Filipe Luis whose salary is, say, 25 per cent below the 120,000 euros - plus bonuses - that United will pay each week successor to Patrice ×Evra. It is understood that Mourinho was surprised that one of the pillars of Atletico Madrid may cost 15 million euros less about the "kid" who played in only sixty-seven games in all competitions for a team eighth in the latest edition of the Premier League had been hailed as a miracle. They are mad, these English. Crazy to buy English. Crazy to pay a premium that there is no justification, when their selection comes home from ×Brazil after three matches it has no WIN. In addition, Shaw is just one example among many of this national evil of this distortion of the values ​​that the player made ​​in England is trading at prices that make them unsalable to foreign clubs. Calum Chambers, another of the young English Saints, was purchased nineteen million euros by Arsenal, who have spent five million euros less for the globalist Mathieu ×Debuchy. Which evolved in the same position as Newcastle Chambers in Southampton. When the latter, another "kid 19 years" was the owner, which was not the case all weekend. Or: Adam Lallana, the soul of this Southampton plundered by the powerful of the Premier League. The investment for Liverpool only exceeded two million one made ​​by Chelsea to acquire Cesc Fabregas, European champion, world champion, champion of (almost) everything with Roja and FC Barcelona. And who, at twenty-seven, is at the peak of his career. Lallana, younger than twelve months, has nothing WON him. Sportingly, economically, how could this make sense?

tiki_taka 10 years ago

Someone will disapear again...

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tiki

+1. That article you posted explains everything. It is folly to say that English players are not overpriced compared to others.

decentK 10 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Well, what I've heard is that Shaw makes 50k pounds a week. And that 120k a week claim is nonsense. Wonder if 50k a week is too much when Moses makes 50k, Mikel 75k and Schwarzer 50k. Or was it just that Shaw was more interested joining Man Utd rather than Chelsea FC?

Luke Shaw wages are 120k Euros, you can check it if you want., its not a claim its a fact.
Im not worried about Shaw signing, its a huge bargain for the future from the 3 rd richest club of the world, sponsors and owners will overpay to come fast to spotlight.

But Lallana ? A 26 yo player, comming from Southampton, their 8th place is considered like a miracle in England but thats another subject, so Lallana is Fabregas level ? Liverpool sold the best Premier League player, refused Alexis Sanchez + money to finally use it on Lallana ? And for what price ?

Liverpool finances arent United ones, for me they are ruining their sportive rise by doing bad buisness, maybe Lallana will do well but there is few chances that this player will turn into the monster his price tag suggest.

Its not the first time anyway, they didnt learn from Andy Caroll and Downing transfers, the reds would only blame themselves if they dont qualify to CL next year.

• History

Luke Shaw wages are 120k Euros, you can check it if you want.

mladen 10 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

50 millions for.... Nani v2.0

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

Shaw agent demanded £120,000 per week was one of the main reason Mourinho pulled out in the race of getting him. All resources claimed that United agreed an amount of MORE than £100,000 weekly in principle with the youngster. No less.

There is no clear number yet but it will be approximately EURO 120.000 like @tiki said.

Mou pulled out:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-signing-luke-shaw-would-3913597#.U-gNbZTViQw

Shaw wage:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2672111/Luke-Shaw-completes-Manchester-United-medical-ahead-31-5m-Southampton.html