Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Valencia goalkeeper sitation..
knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

So we in Valencia have 2 world-class GK`s: Diego Alves and Guita. In the last 2 years none of them have really been the nr.1 choice. Now Alves get to start almost every La Liga game. Recently I and many others have drawn the conclusion that Guita is superior. 

the problem is that the Valencia born Guita will move to another club if he continues to be second choice.
He is too good to be number 2. I hope LLorente doesnt waste this awsome talent. Spains 1st GK after Casillas. I hold him a bit ahead of De Gea. I would never forgive Llorenete if he makes Guita Leave....

Comments
raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I'm 80% sure Guita will join Barcelona next season

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

How come Barca aren't offering big money for Alves or Guita? I heard they need a keeper.

Lodatz 11 years ago

Ahh, there we go. Thanks, raimondo. :)

knibis 11 years ago

Raimondo. Ive heard thst too... 

Lets make him our 1st GK so he wont leave

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Same issue Courtious and Cech are going to have in 1 season or 2. If I were the manager, I would actually use Guita instead and sell Alves. Came through your youth academy, excellent keeper (better than Alves in my opinion), and he is Spanish. Yes, I see being a Spanish keeper in a Spanish team better than a Brazilian keeper in a Spanish team.

knibis 11 years ago

true

knibis 11 years ago

Barca can buy Alves (which i also hold a bit higher than Valdez). we cant continue with this situation..

Lodatz 11 years ago

If I were Barca, I'd aim a little higher than buying a keeper who stood still while 3 of 5 goals went pouring in during one half. Just saying. 

That's probably hwy they're linked with actual world-class goalies like Neuer, Lloris and De Gea, instead.

FredTilson 11 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

^^ you forgot Reina :P

raimondo90 11 years ago

To say he got scored five times doesn't make him world class? I guess when Real Madrid lost 5-0 or 6-2 Casillas was a poor keeper. That's a stupid statement. Both Alves and Guita are amazing keepers, sometimes I wonder how Alves manages some of the saves he does and half the time he's the reason we do well. I think Guita is great I just don't see much of him. 

knibis 11 years ago

no argue both are Worldclass keepers Raimondo...

Lodatz 11 years ago

@raimondo90: to say that he STOOD STILL while 3 of those goals went in, and bot beaten at his near-post with ease, is what says he is not world class. This is why, again, Barca have been linked with ACTUAL world-class goalkeepers instead, because they need more than just another Pinto, which is all Alves is. Guita is slightly better, but, again, he's propped up by the lack of shot-stopping requirements in his regular game.

It's the same reason why Valdes has never been rated as a truly world-class keeper either. He is, instead, what Barca needed to link in with the flow of the defenders. A skilled footballer, but not on the level of the top tier goalies.

Sorry.

knibis 11 years ago

Alves weakness is that he has highs and lows. but on a good day he is as good a casillas at shot stoping + he is probably the best penalty saver in europe. Sorry but he is miles better than pinto, thats a fact

Guita on the other hand.. He is very very good, better than de gea (ive seen both keepers in many matches, you havnt, i know you dont watch valencia on other than highlights)
Guita is both very stable and is a good shot stopper. He will without doubt be spains nr.1 when casillas has put the gloves away.

Then you can be how surprised as you want. thats just up to you

Lodatz 11 years ago

Delude yourself all you wish, but he's about as good as Vorm, or Howard.

Decent keeper, but hardly world-class. I bet YOU only watch De Gea on highlights too, unlike me who sat through 90 minutes of appalling Valencia defense.

Lodatz 11 years ago

Tell you what, let's put money where mouth is. Here's Vorm. Show me some of this amazing Alves/Guita you claim I'm missing.

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

I hope you don't mind. I am a Valencia admirer.

knibis 11 years ago

Guita is better than Vorm no doubt, yet again i watch both leagues you only watch PL so who you have no idea really

take my word for it. Besides a youtube video doesnt do a keeper justice. A youtube video only shows the highlights of his carrer. but if you wanna be like that:

Lodatz 11 years ago

@Vendetta: I see nothing wrong with admiring Valencia. They play good football (aside from needing a serious pace injection into the defense). 

That doesn't mean they have a world-class goalkeeper (let alone two). Compare the two vids. See how similar the saves are? Some are lucky, some are competent, some are great. That's because he's about as good as Vorm. 

Don't get me wrong. That's pretty good. But, so are Krul, Howard, Jaaskelainen, Friedel etc. In other words, he's pretty standard for a top-flight goalie. That doesn't make him world-class. 

Cech is world-class. Buffon is world-class. Casillas is world-class. Neuer is world-class. 

Alves and Guita are just good.

Lodatz 11 years ago

And once again knibis claims he watches more than anyone else, despite there being more analysis in every single one of my posts. 

Sorry knibis, I simply don't believe that you watch any PL at all. This is because you constantly fail to say anything about it other than: "I don't like it".

raimondo90 11 years ago

Well I in the other hand watch both La Liga and PL and De Gea is great but poor in a lot of areas. Alves is incredible at times and he is highly underrated. Guita is great too but he's got a long way to prove. Both are amazing no doubt. And I do rank Alves along with Neuer Lloris Buffon and Casillas