Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Valencia goalkeeper sitation..
knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

So we in Valencia have 2 world-class GK`s: Diego Alves and Guita. In the last 2 years none of them have really been the nr.1 choice. Now Alves get to start almost every La Liga game. Recently I and many others have drawn the conclusion that Guita is superior. 

the problem is that the Valencia born Guita will move to another club if he continues to be second choice.
He is too good to be number 2. I hope LLorente doesnt waste this awsome talent. Spains 1st GK after Casillas. I hold him a bit ahead of De Gea. I would never forgive Llorenete if he makes Guita Leave....

Comments
Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

Lodatz don't bother man, Knibis has watched every game in BPL history whereas every British person has never watched a La Liga match in there life, we should all know that by now. TROLLOLOLOLOL.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@raimondo90: See, it's this 'amazing' part that just doesn't sit well with me. Sure, Alves and Guita are both competent keepers, and perhaps they're among the best in that league. However, what might be considered 'world-class' there is what we over here look at and say: "standard", instead.

I don't know if I would agree that De Gea is 'poor' in a lot of areas, though at 22 he has an awful lot to learn about how to command that penalty area. He has the shot-stopping skills, but, simply hasn't learned to fully read the game yet. But where is now, compared to where he was last season is a world of difference. Having SAF as a mentor, and playing in such a demanding defense will do that.

But that's De Gea, not Alves and Guita. Like I've said, I rate them both. But neither of them have yet shown to me another dimension, which would elevate them to the top-tier, and I think that's. They're acrobatic, and brave. But they also both get stuck in their box too often, because that's what they're expected to do in their league, and their physical presence is not imposing enough to really rule their territory -- notice how weak the punches and saves actually are. Some of those shots should be catches, but that requires a beefier frame.

Do you see what I mean? The world-class keepers can do it all.

Lodatz 11 years ago

Oops. ", and I think that's down to where they play*"

@Jimskeleton: hehe

knibis 11 years ago

you talk only about youtube videos, how old are you? I draw my conclussion not from youtube videos. Guaita is better than De Gea and Vorm

knibis 11 years ago

Well both you and Jimskeleton setting a bad example for Tottenham fans. Watch Guaitas next match and then come back to me...

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Vorm > Guita

Vorm has to deal with constant pressure as swansea all the top teams, who do Valencia play who are so hard, besides Real Madrid, Barcelona & Atletico Madrid? Case Closed .

Lodatz 11 years ago

No, knibis, I back up my point with YouTube videos. That's called providing evidence.

Just because you say that Guita is better than Vorm and De Gea doesn't make it so. That's why we have these things called discussions, where people voice different opinions and make different points in order to build consensus. You have failed to address a single thing that has been argued, and are instead wittering on about the use of YouTube.

I think you should reassess who needs to grow up.

Jimskeleton 11 years ago

Lodatz and me are setting no bad example for anyone, everyone knows we are having to deal with FR's resident troll.

knibis 11 years ago

Jimskeleton is your definition of a troll saying something you think and beeing able to back it up? 

You cant comment on guaita because you have never seen a MATCH with him. ive seen 3-4 matches with vorm.

I still dont get why you Ladatz have started a fucking argument in the fucking last 3 valencia thread. If you dont respect my team just crawl back into the hole you came from. 

@ramaboy proving your own stupidity now are you?

knibis 11 years ago

I've had enough with you guys, now back to the actual thread. 

Raimondo, what do you think of the situation where Guaita gets to play in the cup and Alves in La Liga. personaly i think it should be the other way around. u? its a difficult choice though..

Lodatz 11 years ago

I think you'll find the only other 'Valencia thread' is one about your schedule (I didn't bother to look back further than 3 pages), and I haven't made a single post in it.

So, once again, accuracy trumps your baseless claims (however much you wish them to be true).

All I've said is that Alves and Guaita are not as good as the world-class goalkeepers, and explained why they're not. All you've done is huff and puff, stamp your feet and claim that no-one else could possibly know what they're talking about, because only you pay attention to La Liga.

You should, in fact, be glad that I am right; none of the rich clubs are going to take your goalies away from you, because they can afford better.

Boixosnois1981 11 years ago
Barcelona 49 508

Valdes> Oliver Khan, Iker Casillas, Vorm, Guita, Lloris, Cech, De Gea, Reina, Dudek, Tim Krul, Aranzubia, Dida, JuliUS Caesar.

Només en cas que ja no es va adonar, jo no estic sent greu.

knibis 11 years ago

ok obvious troll is obvious so lets ignore him for now....

Lodatz 11 years ago

@Boixosnois1981: Més que una broma.

Jimskeleton 11 years ago

My definition of a troll is you, a cry baby when he doesn't get his own way, a person who deliberately tries to provoke people with sly comments about there teams (90% of all arguments on this site are caused by YOU), a person who constantly slags off other peoples teams, a person who is constantly slagging off other people (as just proven by your comment to ramaboy) and tells people what they can do but he is allowed to do the exact opposite.

People aren't allowed to say anything about Valencia or La Liga but you're allowed to say stuff about Arsenal, Spurs and the BPL, no one is allowed to slag off your team, but it's ok for you to do so about any English team. You tell people not to post in your threads, but it's ok for you to post in others. It's ok for you to go off topic in other people's threads but no one else is allowed to in yours.

Do I really need to go on?

Simple fact is you're just a immature baby who cries when someone goes against him, Lodatz has wiped the floor with you in every argument you have had, and all you do is continue to cry when you have been proved wrong.

Many people on this forum would agree with me.

Wish FR was more strict on there rules otherwise you would have been gone along time ago.

knibis 11 years ago

Its funny how when i say something about PL its "bashing down" but when you say something about La Liga its "th truth" hahaha. I like how you tottenham fans started this argument on this thread with a very ignorant and ill-though-out statement. A statement that if i would have wrote it on a Spurs thread i would probably get death threats...

mod: delete this thread. These ignorant guys if you can call them fans have destroyed this thread.
While you`re at it you could give them a long ban that they deserve. 

no but seriously close this thread

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Jimskeleton is a mod if I am correct. Pretty awkward for you, huh?

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

I Have to agree with @Lodatz.
Guaita is just great/good!
Still Not top class.
As for Barcelona new goalkeeper it would have been more than great  if we had signed Hugo Lloris(World Class) before he joined Spurs.
Spanish Media are saying that Barca is considering to make an offer of 12M Pounds to Chelsea for Courtois..

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I like Alves more. I think he's proved himself more, his reactions, stopping, positioning, diving and read is much much better

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

God damn it! Get your blue and red hands off Courtios! VULTURES I SAY! VULTURES! ALL OF YA!