Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Use For Technology
Gennady 12 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

First of, I want to say that by starting this discussion I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST Chelsea PLAYING IN THE FA CUP FINAL. I think the final between Pool and Chelsea will be a great showdown.

Now.... 

I don't understand what the hell is wrong with the referees in England lately. How the hell were Chelsea awarded with the second goal ?

1st of all, It's a CLEAR FOUL! Terry comes blazing in and takes down a defender and a keeper at the same time! CLEAR FOUL FOR IMPEDING THE KEEPER If you ask me...

2nd, the side ref CAN'T see the ball at ALL through the pile of players on the line, HOW CAN YOU SAY IT WAS A GOAL IF YOU DON'T SEE THE BALL AT ALL???

I don't get it.

And there were soo many mistakes lately from the referees in PL, wrong penalty given (including diver Young) soo many wrong offside calls. 

European Football Needs GOAL LINE TECHNOLOGY! and England needs professional referees, not the ones they picked at the bar!

Comments
koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

We need an improvement in this field fast! Other Sports from all over the world have adopted the technology of replays like Basketball, cricket and handegg! Why can't FIFA just implement it already? :/ 

nandaYNWA 12 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

Couldn't agree more. That goal is a disgrace but u cant blame the ref. 

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Sorry Guys..
I have one Question..
Terry is not Offside?

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

@WhatTheHell

Looks pretty legit to me, thanks for the photo

bluezz 12 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

gennady i agree about the foul but the ball actually crossed the line .. 

bluezz 12 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

@heisnburg yea before i saw this photo i didn't think it was a goal..

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Someone to reply?

Heisinburg 12 years ago

@DonAndres, 

Dunno, man. But from my point of view, it looked like Assou-Ekotto was behind him. Thus, JT looked as if he was onside. 

Gennady 12 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

@bluezz The ball DID NOT CROSS THE LINE this picture is photoshoped. I watched like 10 different slow motion replays, the ball didnt cross the line!

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Yeah , but you can't blame 100 % the referee. The ball is actually small and see the defender's position. And the ball went in. But the foul could be seen.

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

LOL @ that picture, that is definitely not legit, they used technology after the game to prove it got nowhere near the line. 

And it was the ref who gave the goal, not the linesman.

Heisinburg 12 years ago

I don't know really, tbh. This ones a really tough one to call. I really can't whether or not it's a goal, but it's clear that FIFA needs to introduce Goal-line Technology FAST!

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

This was an ITV graphic using technology showing where the ball was when it hit Ekotto's foot. Also just to point out even John Terry admitted in an interview after the game he thought that it wasn't over the line.

Ihaveabbc 12 years ago
Liverpool, England 7 370

The same discussion started in the WC 2010 with Lampard's not assessed goal. After lots and lots of discussions FIFA didn't want to implement this technology because football wouldn't be the same without all those emotions which rise in such a game. I think people talked more about the not assessed goal than about the 4-1 defeat of England. 

I think you know what I mean If you have ever played football. 

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Heisinburg To be Onside you need 2 defenders to be Behind the player!(Usually Defender+ Goalkepeer or 2 defenders)

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Technology is not just needed in EPL, but in La Liga and all the other leagues as well, where one draw or defeat could cost you the title or the relegation challenge, and especially when you don't want to lose to a cheap trick or incorrect call. Also, technology should be used to check unpunished acts (Pepe stepping on Messi, Dani Alves diving and making Pepe get red card, the Ashley Young dive, etc.).

Manshitty_are_shit 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

That pic where the ball crossed the line is shopped. 

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Thats the Offside rule!

A player is in an offside position if:

he is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second last opponentA player is not in an offside position if:

he is in his own half of the field of playhe is level with the second last opponenthe is level with the last two opponents

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

A player is in an offside position if:
he is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second last opponent ..

A player is not in an offside position if: 
he is in his own half of the field of play 
he is level with the second last opponent 
he is level with the last two opponents