Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Summer Transfers 2023
Footy_watch 11 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1863

I'm just going to talk about the extremely pathetic and digusting Havertz signing by Arsenal. This has made Arsenal a much weaker team.

This will fund Chelsea's signings one of them which may be Caicedo, a player Arsenal really needed!!

This is the worst signing in Arsenal's history!!!!!
Moves like this is why I have to go on loan to City!!!

Comments
Footy_watch 10 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1863

Caicedo won't go for less than £100M apparently. Brighton really don't wanna let him leave for now if possible.

That's good because if mount is worth over 50mill then caicedo should be worth at least double.

I'm excited for where mbappe will move. He needs to try and become the next Thierry Henry and come to Arsenal to make us the best team again. That is much more exciting than going to Madrid who are gauranteed success. He could still go to Madrid after 4 or 5 years at Arsenal.

quikzyyy 10 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

he ain't leaving that fat paycheck bonus from qatar

Greatone 10 months ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

Hopefully there is an obligatory purchase clause in Footy_watch's contract, I'm sure Edu would put it in there.

But in regards to Havertz, he is overpriced, Chelsea dropping the biggest golden poo around but everyone is seemingly lapping it up, but he can do a similar role to Xhaka, it's those runs into the box from deep that he does best, not when he's posted as a striker, it's pretty similar to Xhaka in that they were both played a bit out of position but Arteta probably sees that he has all the attributes to go into that role.

iHEARTfootball 10 months ago
Manchester United 38 1000

David De Gea deciding to leave. I don't care if he isn't built for the modern game, he was solely the reason we've stayed afloat, season after season, during some very dark times, not too long ago.

Thanks David, you'll always have a place at OT, you legend!

And also wishing a speedy recovery to VDS. Another legend at the club and someone I grew up watching, fondly. Get well, Edwin!!

Emobot7 10 months ago
538 11435

De Gea clearly messaging he is leaving Man U could be bad for United, they now absolutely need a new first choice goalkeeper and clubs will be able to take advantage of that. Hopefully, Onana transfer is already confirmed with Inter.

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1863

Hopefully, Onana transfer is already confirmed with Inter.

If man utd get him then it's a strong upgrade to De Gea

Yeah, if Onana's signing's done, it'll be a really good signing for us, although I'm still cut about us losing out on KMJ. I feel like we still need a reliable CB partner for Licha this summer as well, although I'd still be happy to bide by this season again with Varane if he tries to stay fit for as long as possible.

Emobot7 10 months ago
538 11435

@iHEARTfootball For sure, if Varane didn't have injury and fitness issue, United would be set to go defensively, its really a shame how often he get injured. Otherwise, I think he would have a similar statut as Ramos by now.

Still, United might focus on other area than CB but having a better backup than Lindelof and Maguire would be great. Honestly, if they manage to sell Maguire, this might open a lot of doors to sign new players.

quikzyyy 10 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I just wonder about United policy, they give De Gea contract extension and when he signs it, United suddenly pull out? That's not very professional..

Either way Onana is great upgrade

iHEARTfootball 10 months ago Edited

I just wonder about United policy, they give De Gea contract extension and when he signs it, United suddenly pull out? That's not very professional..

Tbf and to put things into context, I could've sworn the contract extension was offered to De Gea much earlier before Ten Hag decided to pull the plug and enquired for Onana. Since the opportunity has risen, United could either take the risk of another 'X' number of years with De Gea and his unpredictable plays (not suited for Ten Hag's system) or risk its relationship with De Gea for the betterment of the entire team overall and go with a GK who is already moulded in Ten Hag's way of play.

The contract retracement says to me that De Gea was initially in the plans for next season, and given his shot-stopping abilities and attitude, I'll bet Ten Hag wouldn't have mind it. It's just that, out of thin air, a golden opportunity presented itself at a later stage that even Ten Hag couldn't resist. From my point of view, this is a deal worth taking, since it'll benefit us (even more) overall.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Tbf and to put things into context, I could've sworn the contract extension was offered to De Gea much earlier before Ten Hag decided to pull the plug and enquired for Onana. Since the opportunity has risen, United could either take the risk of another 'X' number of years with De Gea and his unpredictable plays (not suited for Ten Hag's system) or risk its relationship with De Gea for the betterment of the entire team overall and go with a GK who is already moulded in Ten Hag's way of play.

The contract retracement says to me that De Gea was initially in the plans for next season, and given his shot-stopping abilities and attitude, I'll bet Ten Hag wouldn't have mind it. It's just that, out of thin air, a golden opportunity presented itself at a later stage that even Ten Hag couldn't entertain. From my point of view, this is a deal worth taking, since it'll benefit us (even more) overall.

Greatone 10 months ago Edited
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

Until Onana gets signed I'm really hoping Man U gets egg on their face with the way they treated De Gea, regardless of the timeline, it was handled incredibly poorly with DG now having to scramble.
I would love it if the Onana deal doesn't go through

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Until Onana gets signed. I'm really hoping Man U gets egg on their face with the way they treated De Gea, regardless of the timeline, it was handled incredibly poorly with DG now having to scramble.
I would love it if the Onana deal doesn't go through

quikzyyy 10 months ago
Arsenal 429 9002

seems like done deal with Onana, good business by United here.

looking at Lukaku transfer rumours, hahahah this guy has no chill

Lukkake really enjoying this transfer season. Not surprised by how things turned out. Always thought he was a snake.

Emobot7 10 months ago
538 11435

Lukaku is so cursed its not even funny anymore lol. For me, its all started when he started to be really good at Inter, he really thought he had become one of the 5 or 10 best striker in the world at that time I think and from that moment on, he propably thought that every thing was gonna be easy from there on.

Failure to make an impact at Chelsea made him feel like the team didn't feed him enough and he immediatly started to complain. Now he returned to Inter and once again fail to make an impact as big as he did when Conte was there (was still much better than at Chelsea). And now he immediatly want to go to a 'bigger club' like Juventus. Guy could still could have made a dynasty at Inter if he would have been patient but he burned every bridge he possibly could. Such a joke.

DarthFooty 10 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1101

At Inter Miami, they have Messi, S Busquets, very soon Jordi Alba, and it looks like Luis Suarez is very close. All with Tata Martino as HC.

The league is in the works to redo a number of the pitches based on Messi's "standards" which is what they are calling it. Sounds like turf will be replaced with grass when he plays.

Also, the league below the MLS is voting on a promotion-relegation system with the three tiers they have in place. It could put pressure on the MLS, which would only be a good thing.

Inter Miami has a LONG way to go, sitting dead last in the Eastern Conference and carrying the worst record in the entire league. It will be very difficult to bring them up high enough to make the playoffs, something Messi and new mates are not used to dealing with.

Also, the MLS might not be as technical as what Messi and crew are used to, the league is fast, very physical, and press non-stop. You dont see the same beautiful game here as you do in Spain. No doubt Messi has the technical gifts still, but how will he deal with the support and movement for this team? Add in the longer travel, different weather, and altitudes.....

Gonna be fun/painful to watch I think. haha

Emobot7 10 months ago
538 11435

@DarthFooty For sure, it will be interesting, I think Messi might actually be the one with the less issue in term of adaptation, he played two season in France where the physical intensity is largely under-rated (there a reason why so many Ligue 1 talents end up targeted by the Premier League) and had decent seasons imho.

I think it will be a question of how serious those guy are and how their body hold up. They are all around 35 years old and most of them left their clubs because their age was starting to show. Might hinder their chance in the physical league that is the MLS if I'm being honest.

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1863

It's so dumb MLS doesn't have a promotion relegation system.

Havertz is already breaking the wrong records as expected. He became the worst player to do the MLS skills challenge. The first player to not score!! I'm disgusted at his signing!!!

Gennady 10 months ago
Manchester United 284 3961

André Onana to Manchester United.

Your thoughts?

DarthFooty 10 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1101

Good move for United, but I am still a De Gea fan, so I would have been good either way. He really does not fit Ten's plans/expectations, and he has made some rather glaring mistakes over the seasons, but he is still a top keeper in my opinion.