Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Reus to Real Madrid!!??
Iraqi_Madridista 9 years ago
Real Madrid 33 1388

On facebook and on the Dutch football news everywhere i read here i see that it is confirmed that Reus will join Madrid at the end of the season. I dont know if its true or not but to be honest it would be amazing if he comes. Some players have to leave, and some have to spend some time on the bench.

Comments
RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

Honestly, everyone will want Reus at their club, so whatever rumor they read inking him to their club, is what they will believe, but Reus himself said he wont join Bayern, so theres that.

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

Modric will NEVER join Chelsea, back off.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Rumours had it that Mou called Modric last transfer window but that he then didn't want to leave then. If he'll leave this window that's absolutely a possible destination.

But, naah don't think that will happen so you can be calm.

Otherwise we can just "buy Aguero".

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Rumours had it that Mou called Modric last transfer window but that he then didnät want to leave. If he'll leave this window that's absolutely a possible destination.

But, naah donät think that will happen so you can be calm.

Rumours had it that Mou called Modric last transfer window but that he then didn't want to leave then. If he'll leave this window that's absolutely a possible destination.

But, naah donät think that will happen so you can be calm.

Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Ramos is one of the best defenders of his generation, but the fact that he is prone to error will never change. What mistakes you guys are pointing out aren't "ex-RB" mistakes, they are just stupid things only players like Ramos do. I will never understand what compels him to do such things, but that is the way he is. The reason he is still on our team is because his defending skills have been among the finest in Europe over the last 7 years or so, and his aerial ability is impeccable. He has excellent tackling abilities, and combining that with arguably the best heading ability in the world for a CB, Ramos becomes one of the best defenders of his generation - garnering praise from the likes of Maldini himself. His ability to shine in the important games and tournaments makes him even more valuable. However, his stupidity in charging out, and his irrational fouls, make his defending questionable to some. He is basically John Terry's talent along with Joey Barton's brain.

• History

Ramos is one of the best defenders of his generation, but the fact that he is prone to error will never change. What mistakes you guys are pointing out aren't "ex-RB" mistakes, they are just stupid things only players like Ramos do. I will never understand what compels him to do such things, but that is the way he is. The reason he is still on our team is because his defending skills have been among the finest in Europe over the last 7 years or so, and his aerial ability is impeccable. He has excellent tackling abilities, and combining that with arguably the best heading ability in the world for a CB, Ramos becomes one of the best defenders of his generation - garnering praise from the likes of Maldini himself. However, his stupidity in charging out, and his irrational fouls, make his defending questionable to some. He is basically John Terry's talent along with Joey Barton's brain.

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

100% agreed Dynastian, couldn't have said it better myself.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Real launch 50M plus Modric bid for Hazard... hands off!

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

Fuck hazard. I rather have Modric any day. Lukita is our little magician <3

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Ehm^. hmm. ok. Just ok. Especially since they aren't playing in the same position.

Also, bleacherreport? Like the least reliable source of them all. I mean, do you really think that an american site would be first out with those breaking news? A site that calls football for soccer and links to random twitter feeds as their sources? .

Iraqi_Madridista 9 years ago
Real Madrid 33 1388

^ No not only bleacherreport. But also sites like VoetbalPrimeur (dutch), Sport1 (dutch), Express, Goal.com and the Dailymail said the same. I used the link from bleacherreport as an example.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Express, Goal, Dailymail = same sh*t, different name.

JuanMata10 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Dynastian:
"His ability to shine in the important games and tournaments makes him even more valuable"

The thing is that he shines by scoring goals, not by showcasing his defending skills. As soon as he is confronted with a top counter attacking side like Atletico or the Netherlands he seems to be overstained. I agree that he has one of the best, if not the best, heading ability in the world atm, but I'd rather have a CB who is a top class defender instead of a goal scorer. Fortunately for him, his important goals influenced the impression people have of him. I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't be rated that highly, if he didn't score those.

"He is basically John Terry's talent along with Joey Barton's brain"

He is no where near John Terry's talent. The only attribute where they are pretty similar is their goalscoring ability.

• History

@Dynastian:
"His ability to shine in the important games and tournaments makes him even more valuable"

The thing is that he shines by scoring goals, not by showcasing his defending skills. As soon as he is confronted with a top counter attacking side like Atletico or the Netherlands he seems to be overstained. I agree that he has one of the best, if not the best, heading ability in the world atm, but I'd rather have a CB who is a top class defender instead of a goal scorer. Fortunately for him, his important goals influenced the impression people have of him. I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't be rated that highly, if he didn't score those.

He is no where near John Terry's talent. The only attribute where they are pretty similar is their goalscoring record.

@Dynastian:

He is no where near John Terry's talent. The only attribute where they are pretty similar is their goalscoring record.

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

apparently modric's wife isn't happy in madrid and wants to go back to london so chelsea is biggest possibility

chelsea8 9 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

modric got no place in our team lol if he would enjoy the bench then he is welcome.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@JuanMata

I'm afraid you don't watch Ramos enough, mate, since you only seem to remember his goals from highlight reels. His defending is top-class. His tackling skills, heading ability, strength, ability to retain possession, etc. All are world-class. Believe me, I've been watching him for about 7 years now. It is not a fluke that he was part of the Spanish defense that only conceded 2 goals at the World Cup. He was the center-back at EURO 2012 where Spain won with only 1 goal conceded. He was part of Real Madrid's Champions League campaign, where his defensive contributions in the semi-finals and finals were severely overlooked because of his goals.

I suggest watching Ramos more regularly. You will get a better idea of his skills. I know this video shows a lot of his footwork as well, but I'm sure you can pick out the tackles and defending skills.

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

Modric could easily bench Oscar, He's better than any of your midfielders, but his play style doesn't suit Chelsea

RealMadrid17 9 years ago
Real Madrid 20 755

@JuanMata10 Maybe not in his prime, but ATM Ramos is a much better defender than Terry

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

He is a deepline midfielder . We have Matic in that position and no one would exchange technical bully Matic , who holds the midfield together with interception and distribution , for Modric . Second position where he can play is Fabregas as center mid playmaker . Well , Fabregas is a player who has 15 assists , so I think he is better playmaker than Modric .

Fabregas :
303 appearances for Arsenal; scored 57 with 100 assists 96 appearances for Barcelona; scored 29 with 32 assists
Modric :

159 appearances for Spurs; scored 17 with 26 assists53 appearances for Madrid; scored 4 with 8 assists

Only place where Modric can bench someone , it will be Oscar and that will be against certain opponents in certain games , due to style of Oscar he can be exceptional against some teams , same to Modric . So basically they will rotate but no one will be guaranteed starter .

So , yeah statement *"*He's better than any of your midfielders, " is ruled as complete nonsense . Sorry mate .

• History

He is a deepline midfielder . We have Matic in that position and no one would exchange technical bully Matic , who holds the midfield together with interception and distribution , for Modric . Second position where he can play is Fabregas as center mid playmaker . Well , Fabregas player who has 15 assists , so I think he is better playmaker than Modric .

Fabregas :
303 appearances for Arsenal; scored 57 with 100 assists 96 appearances for Barcelona; scored 29 with 32 assists
Modric :

159 appearances for Spurs; scored 17 with 26 assists53 appearances for Madrid; scored 4 with 8 assists
Only place where Modric can bench someone , it will be Oscar and that will be against certain opponents in certain games , due to style of Oscar he can be exceptional against some teams , same to Modric . So basically they will rotate but no one will be guaranteed starter .

So , yeah statement *"*He's better than any of your midfielders, " is ruled as complete nonsense . Sorry mate .

He is a deepline midfielder . We have Matic in that position and no one would exchange technical bully Matic , who holds the midfield together with interception and distribution , for Modric . Second position where he can play is Fabregas as center mid playmaker . Well , Fabregas player who has 15 assists , so I think he is better playmaker than Modric .

Fabregas :
Modric :

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@real

Ramos better than Terry ? Again, I strongly don't think so .

Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Marcus

You know as well as I do that stats don't mean anything when it comes to CMs. Iniesta only picked up 9 assists during Barcelona's UCL winning campaign in 2011. He was still widely regarded as one of the greatest play-makers in the world, and in history.

Modric is one of the best midfielders in the world, no doubt. He doesn't provide the directness of Fabregas, but he is one of those midfielders who will control the entire pitch. He will spread the play, maintain possession, pull off sneaky and calm passes, make long balls, etc. There are hardly any other CM's in the world capable of matching his play-making prowess. Oscar definitely doesn't match up to Modric, and Matic, despite being one of the best DM's in the world, has a completely different playing style when compared to Modric. And Cesc can hardly be compared to Modric due to their differences in playing style. It's like trying to compare Xavi and Iniesta. Doesn't work.

I agree with RM17, Modric is better than all Chelsea play-makers (except perhaps Cesc), but Modric's playing style doesn't suit Chelsea's. Neither does Cesc's style suit Real Madrid.

Terry in his prime is better than Ramos in his prime, but it doesn't mean that Ramos hasn't been one of the best defenders of his generation. Only close combatants are players like Lucio, T. Silva, Puyol, Terry, Ferdinand, and Vidic.

• History

@Marcus

You know as well as I do that stats don't mean anything when it comes to CMs. Iniesta only picked up 9 assists during Barcelona's UCL winning campaign in 2011. He was still widely regarded as one of the greatest play-makers in the world, and in history.

Modric is one of the best midfielders in the world, no doubt. He doesn't provide the directness of Fabregas, but he is one of those midfielders who will control the entire pitch. He will spread the play, maintain possession, pull off sneaky and calm passes, make long balls, etc. There are hardly any other CM's in the world capable of matching his play-making prowess. Oscar definitely doesn't match up to Modric, and Matic, despite being one of the best DM's in the world, has a completely different playing style when compared to Modric. And Cesc can hardly be compared to Modric due to their differences in playing style. It's like trying to compare Xavi and Iniesta. Doesn't work.

I agree with RM17, Modric is better than all Chelsea play-makers (except perhaps Cesc), but Modric's playing style doesn't suit Chelsea's. Neither does Cesc's style suit Real Madrid.