Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Reus and Schurrle swap rumors
Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

The German international is available for £20m next summer due to a buy-out clause in his contract, but the Blues are hoping to get their man in January.

The Bundesliga giants currently find themselves in the relegation zone and have reportedly set their sights on World Cup winner Schurrle in an attempt to fix their domestic form.

And Stamford Bridge tactician Jose Mourinho is expected to take advantage of their interest by offering Schurrle in a straight swap deal for Reus.

Schurrle has a contract at Chelsea until 2018, but could be tempted by a return to Germany due to his lack of first-team opportunities under Mourinho.

Dortmund recently revealed that they have ended negotiations over a new deal for Reus, and that could be because they're resigned to the fact he will leave.

What do you think ? Good deal or bad deal ? Is Reus better option or Schurrle ? Let's also remember that Reus is injury prone player .

Comments
Iraqi_Madridista 9 years ago
Real Madrid 33 1388

Hope he doesnt ruin his carreer by moving to Chelsea. I really do hope Reus comes to Madrid after CR7 leaves (which is about to happen soon) RM is going to give him a starting 11 position on the left side. Chelsea already has 3 or 4 wingers or maybe even more.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Please Van Gaal, do everything to get this guy :(

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Where will Hazard play then?
@tuan_jinn Everyone would like to see Reus in their club.

Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited

@iraqi

Ruin his career ? Should I fax you list of players that Real Madrid ruined ? If Anything Reus will elevate his career to new heights and Chelsea has all the tools to make him top .

Also , it is a swap deal . It is not adding another winger .

@quikzyy

Plays on the left and Schurrle plays on the right . Reus is just like Schurrle who can play on the right , or in the center or the left . Yes , he plays left in Dortmund , but he has freedom to shift from wings. Him and Hazard will shift the crap out of any team :))

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@iraqi

Ruin his career ? Should I fax you list of players that Real Madrid ruined ? If Anything Reus will elevate his career to new heights and Chelsea has all the tools to make him top .

Also , it is a swap deal . It is not adding another winger .

@hazard

Plays on the left and Schurrle plays on the right . Reus is just like Schurrle who can play on the right , or in the center or the left . Yes , he plays left in Dortmund , but he has freedom to shift from wings. Him and Hazard will shift the crap out of any team :))

Vendetta 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Besides, our attacking trio constantly switch places during a match. One time Oscar's on the right, then all of a sudden he's playing on the left while Hazard plays centrally.

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

Both Schurrle and Reus are great players.It would be deadly if Hazard and Reus play together! :(
Looks like BvB is going to lost players,even Hummels wanna leave (According to German magazines)

Argjent 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Kosovo 8 714

Well i don't think that Reus will move at Chelsea.I see Reus in next season in Bayern M. or Real Madrid! Schurrle is amazing player,it would be good for Chelsea to keep him

Marcus2011 9 years ago

Here is a question to madrid fans , what about Bale ?

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

I rate Willian higher than Schürrle and Mourinho thinks likewise. I wouldn't mind a swap deal between Schürrle and Reus, however, Schürrle is still a good sub for us if BVB don't want to swap with Reus.

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Good deal for all parties involved. Schürrle would get more playing time, Chelsea would get an upgrade over Schürrle and Dortmund would get a decent backup within their financial limits. Everyone is happy. Please make this deal happen.

Diamant06 9 years ago
Barcelona, Kosovo 9 70

What the f*** is doing Dortmund?!

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

One thing I don't understand is when BVB bought him for ~13m pounds, why'd they but 20m release clause for him. That's ridiculous.

Would love to see him at Arsenal too, though something needs to change in our club first.

seymorebutts_66 9 years ago
Bayern Munich, Germany 10 422

It's nice to dream!

quikzyyy 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has claimed the club had no choice but to include a €25m (£20m) release clause in Marco Reus' contract when they signed him in 2012 – as it was the only way to beat other suitors.

"From today's perspective, there would certainly have been no get-out clause, but at the time he wanted one, there were ten deals on the table and we had to compromise. If we had not done it, then he would not be with us today. We will do a lot to convince Marco that his future is here. And also with us he has the chance to win a title every year."

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has claimed the club had no choice but to include a €25m (£20m) release clause in Marco Reus' contract when they signed him in 2012 – as it was the only way to beat other suitors.

"From today's perspective, there would certainly have been no get-out clause, but at the time he wanted one, there were ten deals on the table and we had to compromise.

"If we had not done it, then he would not be with us today. We will do a lot to convince Marco that his future is here. And also with us he has the chance to win a title every year."

"From today's perspective, there would certainly have been no get-out clause, but at the time he wanted one, there were ten deals on the table and we had to compromise. If we had not done it, then he would not be with us today. We will do a lot to convince Marco that his future is here. And also with us he has the chance to win a title every year."

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

There's no way Reus will get playing time with Oscar and Hazard clearly being preferred by Mourinho. No way. He will simply rot on the bench like Schurrle. Best for him to move to a club like Juventus, Valencia, or Atletico Madrid where they will really use him well.

raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Reus critiziced Lewa and Gotze for leaving for better paychecks and claims he isnt motivated by money so i think he will stay at BVB at least a few more seasons. but with them maybe missing out on CL, he might consider moving. hopefully not.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@Dyn

How will he not get playing time.

Fab will stay in defensive midfield, Hazard on the left, Oscar central, and Reus on the right, ahead of both Willian and Schurlle.

I expect Salah to be loaned out and either Willian or most likely Schurlle will be included in any deal.

Id like to see Schurlle stay, maybe we can offer Salah or Willian but I'll happily swap Schurlle, Willian or Salah for Reus

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

@quikzyyy Thank you a lot.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

Why would Reus go to Valencia ? And can Valencia afford Reus ?

And Atletico ? Club that has operating income is little over Reus's buy out clause ...

Juventus ... to Italy ... with all respect but leaving Bundesliga for Seria A is step back . Especially to a team that second year in row struggling to get out of group , but yet wins domestic titles every year.

@raimondo

Reus critiziced Lewa and Gotze NOT solely on choosing bigger paycheck . Main criticism was for leaving Dortmund to direct title rivals . That is a c*nt move , especially because there were many other club offers from other leagues and with better pay .

Fru_Toot 9 years ago
Manchester City, England 54 635

@marcus how does Schurrle play on the right? On Fifa his card is a left mid you you flopped