Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Reus and Schurrle swap rumors
Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

The German international is available for £20m next summer due to a buy-out clause in his contract, but the Blues are hoping to get their man in January.

The Bundesliga giants currently find themselves in the relegation zone and have reportedly set their sights on World Cup winner Schurrle in an attempt to fix their domestic form.

And Stamford Bridge tactician Jose Mourinho is expected to take advantage of their interest by offering Schurrle in a straight swap deal for Reus.

Schurrle has a contract at Chelsea until 2018, but could be tempted by a return to Germany due to his lack of first-team opportunities under Mourinho.

Dortmund recently revealed that they have ended negotiations over a new deal for Reus, and that could be because they're resigned to the fact he will leave.

What do you think ? Good deal or bad deal ? Is Reus better option or Schurrle ? Let's also remember that Reus is injury prone player .

Comments
quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Reus would be injures every week with Serie A, style of play.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Eden

In case you haven't noticed: Reus is a left sided midfielder. Teaching him how to play second-fiddle to Hazard on the right is a mission and a half.

Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

The fact that the buy out clause sets him a 20m price doesnt mean any bid for that amount would end in a deal. I just dont see any reason at all why this could or should happen. Borussia Dortmund knows how to negotiate and do business with their players. A swap like this would be plain ridiculous.

JuanMata10 10 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Dynastian: Before Bale came to Madrid he was a left sided player, now he usually starts on the right side because of Ronaldo. What's your point?

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@JuanMata

My point is that he is not as good on the right wing. He can't use his right foot to save his life, and he is not as effective on the right as he was on the left. If I recall correctly, he was near impossible to stop at Spurs. It took Alex Ferguson to assign Ferdinand, Rafael, Carrick, Valencia, and Scholes to mark him to finally stop him. Last season, Filipe Luis and Diego Godin by themselves was enough to stop Bale. It's because Bale isn't as comfortable on the right as he was on the left.

Marcus2011 10 years ago

The real question is not whether he can perform on the left or right better ... real questions is :

TheGame 10 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

^@Marcus2011, yes!

Marcus2011 10 years ago

@dyna

Reus is out and out winger , CF and very adaptable to any side of the wing . I watch Dortmund matches all the time he is like Hazard all over the place . We certainly will fit him well in our team . Mourinho will turn him into anything .

Plus it is just great for both parties . Dortmund does not loose another top player to Bayern and gets immediate replacement . Chelsea gets upgraded version of Schurrle . Win win for both clubs .

Reus cetainly not going to United ( No CL or Clear shot at titles ) or Arsenal ( No guarantee of titles ) or Liverpool ( sorry but LOL ) or City ( FFP issues ) . Another place where he might go will be Real Madrid , but they have two worlds most expensive wingers that are regular starters . Chelsea sounds like great place for Reus especially with Jose at helm . IMO .

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I know he's a LM, but he'll make a great RM. Think about it, Schurlle isn't a RM either. Our attackers do swap over during the game and Reus has scored many goals from the right hand side

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I know he's a LM, but he'll make a great RM. Think about it, Schurlle isn't a LM either. Our attackers do swap over during the game and Reus has scored many goals from the right hand side

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Eden

Schurrle is a left-sided midfielder. I watched him back in his days at Mainz and Leverkusen. He almost always played on the left hand side, and does so for Germany as well.

JuanMata10 10 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@Dyn: Reus is a very, very versatile player. I follow Bundesliga closely and when Marco was still on Gladbach's payroll he used to play in a lot of different positions. Mainly as CF, but he also played on both wings and did very well. He's an offensive allrounder, brilliant in every position. I know that Reus developed into a world class player in the LM-position, but that doesn't mean he's not capable of reproducing his performances on the other side.

Marcus2011 10 years ago

So pretty much we have a delema . Rumors say that Real Madrid are willing to let Bale go in order to get Reus. Chelsea is interested in Reus and Bale as well . In the middle of all this is Schurrle who will be momentum in this deal.

However, no way will we pay 90 million or even half for him when we have a shot at Reus .

Another scenario that may unfold is United stepping in . United will pay for Bale . Reus will go to Real Madrid. Schurrle will stay and Dortmund will be a team without their best player and needing a reinforcement .

Or Liverpool may come and buy all of them Bale and Reus at one swipe of Uncle Sam's credit card .... if that happens then surely it will be last time I ever discuss football rumors .

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@Dyn

I meant RM, it makes more sense saying he's not a RM either, because he plays on the RM for Chelsea since Hazards on the left

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Apparently, Reus is out again with a torn ligament. He'll be sidelined for at least 2 months from what I've heard..

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Behind the scenes talks leaves Chelsea in pole position. Mourinho's words about not signing him seem to be mind games.

MacScot 9 years ago
Rangers, Scotland 1 30

If those rumours are to be believed, they are also saying he has spent the last 3 months learning Spanish, he obviously want's to really get along with Cesc and Costa ;)

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Reus has started intensive spanish classes... Does he just happen to like the language?

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Hahahha Tuanis, he spoke about only one possible destination for him, he made a choice, i love this kind of players who know what they want from the start. if it happens i would be the happiest :D
I knew this 2 weeks ago, hope things go on as expected :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Hahahha Tuanis, he spoke about only one possible destination for him, if it happens i would be the happiest :D
I knew this 2 weeks ago, hope things go on as expected :)

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I think he's going to Barca but I still have hope.

Lol MasCot, intensive training just so he can speak with Costa

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Wonder what he will do at Barca? Surez, Neymar, Messi, Reus, holy... However La Liga would suit him, but can all the stars upfront in Barcelona line up together?