Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Real Madrid new coach
serans 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Poland 3 203

So today Lopetegui has been sacked (thank god). Santiago Solari was named new coach, but it seems like temporary sub.

Question to you guys - who do you see as new RM coach. For me the choice is obvious: Antonio Conte. Good offensive football, great transfers (and we need tem), perfect fit overall.

Question number two: who do we need to bring in January window?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So today Lopetegui has been sacked (thank god). Santiago Solari was named new coach, but it seems like temporary sub.

Question to you guys - who do you see as new RM coach. For me the choice is obcious: Antonio Conte. Good offensive football, great transfers (and we need tem), perfect fit overall.

Question number two: who do we need to bring in January window?

Comments
amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Wenger in. Prove us you still got it. He will stay in the job longer anyways.

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I would say that this was for the best for both club and country. This was karma on Lopetegui for stabbing his countrymen in the back 4 months ago during the World Cup, not a very good role model. Why he wasn't able to replace Ronaldo and Kovacic remain a mystery to me.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Unpopular opinion, Leonardo Jardim. Could build something amazing at Real with a bit of patience. Could help bring out the best out of some younger player like Vinicius, Asensio, Ceballos and Vallejo.

serans 5 years ago

@Emobot7 That's actually very good suggestion. But I'm not sure if he will be able to gain trust and respect of big stars like Ramos, Bale etc.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Lopetegui - sacked by Madrid and Spain 🇪🇸 in the same year. Thats quite a year for the lad

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Serans Its true he doesn't have a lot of experience in the domain but he did manage to do very well with Falcao who used to be a star in the past (although he was in a different situation under Jardim than when he was at his best so it might not count).

amir_keal 5 years ago

Wenger is not in the running, I believe the running is Mourinho, Conte, Solari can stay there, and maybe Guti. Conte seems the most likely, Mourinho is in a job and the last two aren't that experienced yet.

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 5 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

Not sure Conte would be right for the job... No doubt he would do well, but his authoritarian management style will quick gain him enemys! And with egos like Ramos and Bale and Marcelo etc... I dont think a team such as Real will get on well with Conte for long... It may work for a season or so but not much longer..

Would like to see Wenger there tbh... But not sure it will actually happen.

Aubameyang 5 years ago
Arsenal, Gabon 3 512

Manchester United fan referring to real Madrid as " we " ? Strange.

expertfootball11 5 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Still a big power vacuum following the brutal Ronaldo's and Zidane's departure. The teams needs another leader, you can't have just top players without anyone of them taking leadership. Lopetegui didn't understand that. I was upset when Benitez was sacked, but on this, I think Perez was spot on. He was really a liability.

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Hahahaha Wenger in.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'd love to see Courtois face if Conte joins, but rumours says he declined the offer because of short term contract and ego of Real Madrid players.

serans 5 years ago

@Aubameyang I support both clubs since i was like 6yrs old (so for about 15yrs), so it is really not strange for me.

Wenger is not an option in my opinion.
I also heard the news that Conte declined the offer.
Mourinho is same thing like Wenger, not an option.

I was trying to thing about diffrent options and so far:
Laurent Blanc - free agent, good experience, strong candidate imo
Leonardo Jardim - i like his style but not sure if he will be able to work with really big stars

There is also option of taking international manager like they did with Lopetegui. Then:
Joachim Löw - great coach no doubt about that, but not sure if he wants to leave Germany
Roberto Martinez - he will be even harder to get cause of his good run in WC

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@serans Good shout-out for Blanc, the guy managed big name at PSG and dealt with it fine imo. Heck, if you can deal with Zlatan, I'm sure you can deal with Ramos, Bale and Marcelo.

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 5 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

Mauricio Pochettino? If its true that hes unhappy at Tottenham atm... However that could turn out as a similar situation to Lopetegui!

However that suggestion of Laurent Blanc sounds decent.. Agreed.. He has the experience of managing big players so could fit the team well tbf! Had forgotten all about him! Feels like ages since he was PSG manager!

serans 5 years ago

Mauricio Pochettino won't leave Tottenham till the end of the season for sure. Would love to see him joining Real cause that means that he could bring some players with him (I would love to see Kane or Eriksen in Madrid shirt).

in my opinion Low, Blanc and Conte are best choices so far.

SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Hopefully they sign Conte, so Hazard can forget about the idea of joining them ever again and retire at Chelsea where he is very happy at :)

amir_keal 5 years ago

I was thinking that lol, but tbh I think they are focusing on Neymar. He’s much more marketable. Him and eventually Mbappe too.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@amir Too bad Blanc never got to manage either of those, would have been a great reason to get him. :( But Jardim did manage M'bappe for a while so it could all work out! :D

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Pochetitno just signed a new extension in March for 5 years to stay at Spurs - not happening.