Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Real Madrid give up on Bale?
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

http://www.givemefootball.com/335163-real-madrid-cancel-gareth-bale-talks-due-to-his-tottenham-happiness?

Scheduled talks between Real Madrid and Gareth Bale’s representatives have been called off.

According to Spanish website Punto Pelota, Santiago Bernabeu officials decided to cancel the discussions after gathering that Bale was not keen on leaving White Hart Lane this summer.

The Spurs star has been in scintillating form this season, which has lead to increased speculation that he could be on his way to La Liga and Real Madrid or Barcelona.

It is not only Spanish clubs that have been linked with a Bale bid; Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United and Roberto Mancini at Manchester City have both been credited, as well as Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich.

However, Andre Villas-Boas has revealed he hopes qualification for the Champions League next season will persuade to stay on with Spurs for longer, though accepted it will be difficult to keep hold of him.

Another reason Bale may decide to stay in north London could be the £150,000-a-week contract chairman Daniel Levy is reportedly ready to offer him.

Bale has scored 11 goals in Spurs’ last ten games and is proving to be almost impossible to handle for opposition defenders.

The Punto Pelota report also claims the 23-year-old has turned down the opportunity of discussions with Barcelona due to way they have conducted themselves with his agents and Levy.

Bale apparently only wants a move that will represent a good deal for both he and Tottenham and he is ready to wait another season for it.

Happy happy joy joy. :)

Comments
JuanMata10 11 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

good for you, Lodatz :)

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Lol, we don't need him. And for freekicks we've got CR7 ;)

devilz 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

good for spurs 

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I've heard that since Spurs are interested in Higuain, they might be willing to lower the 70 Mil Euro asking price for Bale in order for a Higuain - Bale + 45 Mil Euro switch. It would seem that Madrid are more willing to resume talks during the summer.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Nit surprised. i dont think he'll leave if they get CL football (whch looks likely)

TheGame 11 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

I wish Bale could reciprocate Giggs at United (except shag his brother's missus of course). If Spurs win a trophy this season, it might change him mind.

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

I don't think Bale would leave if Spurs qualified for CL. He probably wants to stay and develop further.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Madrid would be much better off with him in 2-3 years, when Ronaldo will be 30-31. Then Bale will be 25-26 and he can dominate the left flank.

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@Dynastian98
With that Physical condition Ronaldo is able to play till 34 at the same level, lol !

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Don

Probably, LOL. And Messi too. Don't be surprised if he's still a top notch player in his prime when he's 30+. They might end up being like Zidane. Leading their team to glory at age 34. O:)

Zakzook 11 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

Gratz man, wish we would do that.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Good. They need stop buying for a while!

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@rama

Tell that to Sandro Rossell! Barcelona are 400 Mil Euro + in debt, and he plans to buy Neymar!!! They're in a BAD financial situation right now. :/

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^ I know! All I want is for him to sell Alexis & Valdes , and perhaps Abidal. We don't need him.. he derserves better!

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Barca in 400M Dept?
That doesnt exist.
But at least,if they are in debt they will pay it alone,unlike some other teams who government pay for them ;)

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

That Government pays for them*

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Don

No, no. They are 400,000,000 + in debt due to unpaid taxes since (I believe) either 1995 or 2000. And they owe the money to the government, so the government CAN'T pay for them. And the amount of debt they have builds up every year as they refuse to pay their taxes. Real Madrid are also in debt for this, but I think only 100,000,000, and I believe they payed it all in last year. So we're financially stable at the moment thanks to Perez, but Rossell is just being an idiot up there. Go appoint Cruyff as your president, and you'll see a sudden incline in your club's performance and stability, if that's even possible with the way they're playing now. It's scary to think that they can actually get better. :P

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

From what I've read, it's not just Rossell who is anti-Cruyff. Apparently a significant portion of the cules, despite everything they owe to the man, have never forgiven him for not being an actual Catalan. :p

Though yeah, it was Rossell who stripped Cruyff of his Honorary President title (the equivalent of Di Stefano at Real), because of past grudges, and not everyone in Barcelona were upset by that...

Such a shame. He's basically given us the modern game as we know it.

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

If Cruyff would be elected president of Barcelona then he would know exactly what to do with our club and to make our reign last longer. Not like Rossell who at times make it seem we are going straight downhill :/ .

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

^ I've heard this as well about ambivalence toward Cruff at Barca by some. Mind-boggling for outsiders really.