Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ramos playing volleyball
porkey 7 years ago
Liverpool, Trinidad and Tobago 9 85

Sergio Ramos had a clear handball inside the box near the goal line, but it wasn't called.
Real Madrid always getting the decision it their favour

Comments
Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

And you guys consider yourselves knowledgeable, neutral fans of this game. What a sad, sad realization this is for me.

You don't have to be a Barcelona fan to have a bias against Real Madrid, you can be a fan of any number of teams. Bayern Munich, Juventus, Atleti, even United. Just a few teams from the very recent history that Real Madrid has given reasons to be hated to. However, only a certain, a distinctive fanbase goes after every little thing that can be perceived unfair (even those that aren't, those that even only have 'that look') will call Real Madrid or its player with names.

The fact that the title of this thread says "Ramos is playing Volleyball" is enough of a reason for me to assume that it is the work of a Barcelona fan, perhaps not an open Barca fan, but one that adores them as a second club. Regardless, at this point this is irrelevant. I am simply calling it as I see it, if you are acting in a certain way, I will call it exactly as I see it. If you are acting like a Cule, running around and complaining about things that are extremely prevalent in the game as proof of some sort of a conspiracy, I will call it exactly what it is.

Now aside from that, do you have any reason other than, for anybody here, to say that is a handball "because I think so"?

I said the ref made a correct call in waving it on for following reasons:

1. Ramos did not intentionally touch the ball with his hands.
  2. The fact that Ramos was running and jumping, you cannot expect his hands to be at his waist, thus cannot make the argument that his hands were in 'unnatural position'. Given what he was doing, his hands were at a natural position since we use our hands for balance, and etc.
  3. Had Ramos NOT touched the ball with his hand, the ball WOULD NOT have gone over the line. At that point, the balls direction was AWAY from the goal - not heading towards it.

This happened right at the beginning of the game.

How many times, in the past, have we complained about the ref ruining games before it starts?

That act alone was not worthy of a penalty, nor was it worthy of a red card. If the ref gave the penalty, he would've had to give a red as well. Because he can't give a pen unless he thought the handball was intentional. If intentional, it's a red.

Did that act alone deserve for Real Madrid not to only go one down with a penalty, but also a man sent-off?

No. The ref used his better judgement.

Even with Video-review, the ref would not have given a penalty here. It was simply an accidental incident, and the correct decision is PLAY ON.

All these ref wanna-bes here should learn the rules first.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

And you guys consider yourselves knowledgeable, neutral fans of this game. What a sad, sad realization this is for me.

You don't have to be a Barcelona fan to have a bias against Real Madrid, you can be a fan of any number of teams. Bayern Munich, Juventus, Atleti, even United. Just a few teams from the very recent history that Real Madrid has given reasons to be hated to. However, only a certain, a distinctive fanbase goes after every little thing that can be perceived unfair (even those that aren't, those that even only 'that look') will call Real Madrid or its player with names.

The fact that the title of this thread says "Ramos is playing Volleyball" is enough of a reason for me to assume that it is the work of a Barcelona fan, perhaps not an open Barca fan, but one that adores them as a second club. Regardless, at this point this is irrelevant. I am simply calling it as I see it, if you are acting in a certain way, I will call it exactly as I see it. If you are acting like a Cule, running around and complaining about things that are extremely prevalent in the game as proof of some sort of a conspiracy, I will call it exactly what it is.

Now aside from that, do you have any reason other than, for anybody here, to say that is a handball "because I think so"?

2. The fact that Ramos was running and jumping, you cannot expect his hands to be at his waist, thus cannot make the argument that his hands were in 'unnatural position'. Given what he was doing, his hands were at a natural position since we use our hands for balance, and etc.
  3. Had Ramos NOT touched the ball with his hand, the ball WOULD NOT have gone over the line. At that point, the balls direction was AWAY from the goal - was not heading towards it.

How many times, in the past, have we complained about the ref ruining games before it starts?

That act alone was not worthy of a penalty, nor was it worthy of a red card. If the ref gave the penalty, he would've had to give a red as well. Because he can't give a pen unless he thought the handball was intentional. If intentional, it's a red.

Did that act alone deserve for Real Madrid not to only go one down with a penalty, but also a man sent-off?

Even with Video-review, the ref would not have given a penalty here. It was simply an accidental incident, and players/teams should not be punished for that.

You don't have to be a Barcelona fan to have a bias against Real Madrid, you can be a fan of any number of teams. Bayern Munich, Juventus, Atleti, even United. Just a few teams from the very recent history that Real Madrid has given reasons to be hated to. However, only a certain, a distinctive fanbase goes after every little thing that can be perceived unfair (even those that aren't, those that even only have 'that look') will call Real Madrid or its player with names.

3. Had Ramos NOT touched the ball with his hand, the ball WOULD NOT have gone over the line. At that point, the balls direction was AWAY from the goal - was not heading towards it.

Even with Video-review, the ref would not have given a penalty here. It was simply an accidental incident, and players/teams should not be punished for that.

3. Had Ramos NOT touched the ball with his hand, the ball WOULD NOT have gone over the line. At that point, the balls direction was AWAY from the goal - not heading towards it.

Even with Video-review, the ref would not have given a penalty here. It was simply an accidental incident, and the correct decision is PLAY ON.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

All these ref wanna-bes here should learn the rules first.

Sure dude, keep telling that to yourself...the day Ramos stops getting special treatment you will complain first.

raimondo90 7 years ago Edited
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Wasn't there some serious outrage especially from Real fans when Mascherano made a slide tackle and caught the ball with his hand against PSG? I seem to recall that being listed as one of the many reasons they were chanting UEFAlona.

Some people just cannot handle when someone criticizes the team they like. Like damn, you guys really don't owe anything to Real or any team to be so blatant flip floping on questionable calls.

In regards to VAR being necessary, there was literally a goal line ref in direct view of everything right behind Ramos. You cannot get a more clear view.

@Amer, you are delusional to attack someone for using a creative title as Cule. Barcelona does hate Real and Real hates Barca. The extreme fan base is equally pathetic and to judge someone based on that is sad. I have a hard time thinking any other Real fan agrees on that statement.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Wasn't there some serious outrage especially from Real fans when Mascherano made a slide tackle and caught the ball with his hand against PSG? I seem to recall that being listed as one of the many reasons they were changing UEFAlona.

Some people just cannot handle when someone criticizes the team they like. Like damn, you guys really don't owe anything to Real or any team to be so blatant flip floping on questionable calls.

In regards to VAR being necessary, there was literally a goal line ref in direct view of everything right behind Ramos. You cannot get a more clear view.

@Amer, you are delusional to attack someone for using a creative title as Cule. Barcelona does hate Real and Real hates Barca. The extreme fan base is equally pathetic and to judge someone based on that is sad. I have a hard time thinking any other Real fan agrees on that statement.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Wasn't there some serious outrage especially from Real fans when Mascherano made a slide tackle and caught the ball with his hand against PSG?

Ummm yea! And for a good reason too, you don't need to be biased, I many times defended Real Madrid, I also opened a thread bashing Sergio Ramos as well...
So just like back then, the reaction after this game is totally expected and natural, if Real Madrid had won without a strange call this thread wouldn't exist.

This is not some Henry handball next to his body down in a natural position, it's very clear that Ramos didn't follow the rules even if the ball was going towards his head/shoulder he clearly put his hands up and pushed the ball away, the ball touched only his right hand but both were up and ready to act like a goalkeeper.

I can't see how if VAR was involved this wouldn't have been a penalty call, I can understand that the ref didn't see but if he could see this video he would have showed the ball to the spot.
I just can't understand someone trying to justify this handball even after watching the video, this means that even when VAR gets implemented fans will still argue and not agree with decisions even with something that is so obvious and that's sad.

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

@porkey that's twice you've said "real madrid always getting the decision in their favour", so it's funny how you're asking someone to take off their real madrid glasses off when it seems like you got a nice pair of antimadridista glasses on yourself :p Disliking Madrid and being a Liverpool supporter aren't mutually exclusive you know.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Apparently if someone is willing to say something about Real, automatically he is Barcelona fan in disguise and totally biggest hater of Real. Because you guys are untouchable.

Ramos did not intentionally touch the ball with his hands.

Did you watch the previous clip when Real go awarded same penalty? Not? Here it is again

This happened right at the beginning of the game. How many times, in the past, have we complained about the ref ruining games before it starts?

Nowadays it's not fair to give players cards because it's beginning of the game? Only teams like Chelsea/Arsenal & tons of others who plays against likes of Real can have early red card? How is denying a penalty "ruining the game"? Then few mins after Real scores. It chances the whole game, this isn't ruining it?

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Lmao the bias is too much

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Amerr30

The fact that the title of this thread says "Ramos is playing Volleyball" is enough of a reason for me to assume that it is the work of a Barcelona fan

Hahahahahaha you're a comedian. Please, keep coming at them! This one was good too

Barcelona for what they really are, diving cheating bastards who do not deserve respect or acknowledgement. They're a dirty stain on football.

What's going to be next?

porkey 7 years ago
Liverpool, Trinidad and Tobago 9 85

@Amerr30 u appear to b a very ignorant person ..... cause real madrid can do no wrong in your eyes
Is like the saying goes ..... trying to talk football to a Real fan is like trying to talk to a brick wall...

You are a very terrible ref. also. u should learn the game before u run your mouth

U are assuming that i am a Barcelona fan ...... well dont burst a vein trying to figure it out. i assure u im not.

The hatred u show towards Barca fans is very disgusting ..... hope you get well soon

I wont waste any more time arguing with you.... PEACE OUT

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Are we arguing if this was a penalty or not? What's going on here?

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

From what I've learned, a handball like this should always be called. Now since this wasn't intentional Ramos shouldn't be carded but to the best of my knowledge this is a handball

And lol @Golazo Ramos gets protection. Are you serious? If anything Ramos gets oppressed sometimes just for his reputation. If the guy looks the wrong direction he might get booked. Effect outta here. Most of the a lot of the 21 red cards Ramos received were reputation calls.

Seriously dude, I respect a lot of your opinions but sometimes u try too hard to sound controversial.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Madridista It just happens that I think that Ramos is protected, but I'm wrong about it because I just see or focus on a specific situation and not the whole picture.

At least in this particular situation I can only see a handball penalty that could have been an easy call, him being protected is just me remembering other situations but not thinking about the times when he actually got booked or sent off and such and such so yea a fans discussion can be like a slipperly slope if you know what I mean...

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Golazo @Madridista Funny fact, I believe Ramos actually have had more red card in his whole career than Pepe. 22 for Ramos and only 6 for Pepe or something like that. XD