Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Premier League Season 20-21 Predictions
Greatone 4 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

It's that time of year again, before the season starts, who do you think will be our champions and put in your end-of-the-year table!

For me I have absolutely NO IDEA of what's going to happen.
but... I feel like a lot of the weaker teams in the league won't be able to invest making it easier for Man City to curb stomp them giving them the points to win the league whereas Liverpool might stutter too many times.

1. Manchester City
  2. Liverpool
  3. Chelsea
  4. Arsenal
  5. Man U.
  6. Leicester City
  7. wolves
  8. Sheffield Utd
  9. Tottenham
  10. Leeds
  11. Everton
  12. Burnley
  13. west ham
  14. Southhampton
  15. Crystal Palace
  16. Fulham
  17. Newcastle Utd.
  18. Aston Villa
  19. west brom
  20. Brighton and Hove
Comments
Lodatz 3 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

For a little more on why Klopp is wrong, and you've all been taken in by his self-serving BS, let Gary himself spell it out:

Lodatz 3 years ago Edited

@quik:

if i learnt one thing, prediction table will only make you look like you don't know anything about football

I've always said this, especially with regard to the Premier League. You can predict the winners in Germany, Italy, France and Spain nearly every year for the last decade, but the Premier League is just a different animal. There have been 5 different winners in the past 10 seasons, and if Spurs do manage to somehow hang on, then we will make it 6, with a massive shuffle every year in terms of who makes it into the Top 4.

That's why we love it so much. People are falling over themselves to come up with reasons why it's been so 'crazy' this year, but it really hasn't. It's honestly just business as normal over in England, although the first couple of weeks did have an absurd amount of goals. Every year a few upstart teams like Everton, Wolves and Leicester start off doing really well, until the hefty schedule (for them) kicks in around December and they too have to play 2 games a week, and a familiar Top 6 starts to take shape.

Everyone laughed at United, and people have been downplaying City, but they are both now one win away from climbing back into the Top 4, and thankfully for us neutrals they have to play each other next to find out. People would be fools to write either team out of that race just yet, especially when you consider that we're not even a full 3rd into the season.

Really, this is just the PL returning to form, after a couple of strange years where the title-winning points tallies crept up into the 90s for two teams at once. Now that Klopp is seeing that his players are mortal too and might need to be rested more than they need a later kick-off time, maybe now Liverpool are not capable of amassing those points hauls. Maybe now that City's first XI isn't head and shoulders above everyone else because of how much money Pep can throw at it, they're slowing down too.

And maybe, just maybe, if Mou can keep Kane safe from the injury problems which hampered him the last two seasons, by playing more compact and with less charging around in a high press, and Spurs' defense can remain as solid as a rock, it's time for Tottenham to complete the project that was started 20 years ago in 2001, when the club was sold for 50m (less than we got for Kyle Walker) and Daniel Levy was charged with putting Tottenham back onto the top of English football from the mid-table mediocrity that all the modern/foreign fans mistakenly think is Spurs' historical pedigree.

I can but hope. What helps is knowing that 75% of the squad managed to make it to a Champions League Final only two seasons ago. Poch built that team, but maybe Mourinho is the one to drive it over the line. We shall see!

With regards to Arsenal... mate, wtf is going on? Wenger Out has never looked like a worse decision than right now. Do you think they can recover, and how long is Partey likely to be out?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@quik:

if i learnt one thing, prediction table will only make you look like you don't know anything about football

I've always said this, especially with regard to the Premier League. You can predict the winners in Germany, Italy, France and Spain nearly every year for the last decade, but the Premier League is just a different animal. There have been 5 different winners in the past 10 seasons, and if Spurs do manage to somehow hang on, then we will make it 6, with a massive shuffle every year in terms of who makes it into the Top 4.

That's why we love it so much. People are falling over themselves to come up with reasons why it's been so 'crazy' this year, but it really hasn't. It's honestly just business as normal over in England, although the first couple of weeks did have an absurd amount of goals. Every year a few upstart teams like Everton, Wolves and Leicester start off doing really well, until the hefty schedule (for them) kicks in around December and they too have to play 2 games a week, and a familiar Top 6 starts to take shape.

Everyone laughed at United, and people have been downplaying City, but they are both now one win away from climbing back into the Top 4, and thankfully for us neutrals they have to play each other next to find out. People would be fools to write either team out of that race just yet, especially when you consider that we're not even a full 3rd into the season.

Really, this is just the PL returning to form, after a couple of strange years where the title-winning points tallies crept up into the 90s for two teams at once. Now that Klopp is seeing that his players are mortal too and might need to be rested more than they need a later kick-off time, maybe now Liverpool are not capable of amassing those points hauls. Maybe now that City's first XI isn't head and shoulders above everyone else because of how much money Pep can throw at it, they're slowing down too.

And maybe, just maybe, if Mou can keep Kane safe from the injury problems which hampered him the last two seasons, by playing more compact and with less charging around in a high press, and Spurs' defense can remain as solid as a rock, it's time for Tottenham to complete the project that was started 20 years ago in 2001, when the club was sold for 50m (less than we got for Kyle Walker) and Daniel Levy was charged with putting Tottenham back onto the top of English football from the mid-table mediocrity that all the modern/foreign fans mistakenly think is Spurs' historical pedigree.

With regards to Arsenal... mate, wtf is going on? Wenger Out has never looked like a worse decision than right now.

Lodatz 3 years ago

@Emo: heya bud. :) Just bad timing on the last appearance I guess lol. I still think you would do well to get away from the conventional wisdom of Chelsea, United and Arsenal fans when it comes to assessing Tottenham and their level of bottle. They might be just a little bit biased...

ForeverBayern 3 years ago
Bayern Munich, Germany 44 593

Tottenham will win the league

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11435

@Lodatz Fair enough. Honestly, I would got nothing against Tottenham proving me wrong. And they certainly are in better position today to do it than in the past but lets see what happen when the pressure is even more on them toward the end of the latter part of the season.

amir_keal 3 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Arsenal being 15th is karma to every fan who was hyped about Willian.

People are overreacting though, we are definitely a top 10 team. I told people we would get into the top ten and that's where we will end.

Honestly never expected Sheffield to be so bad though, that was a surprise tbh.

_Pelle_ 3 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6888

@amir_keal When you don’t have much to be happy about, you celebrate anything you can come up with...😒

amir_keal 3 years ago

That nature has cost us lol, we need big changes but I doubt that will happen sadly.

On the positive, at least it looks like we're not doing Europa again lol

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11435

Honestly never expected Sheffield to be so bad though, that was a surprise tbh.

Yeah, that make me wonder, what exactly went wrong with them? Last season, they were amazing but its like this year, nothing is going their way.

amir_keal 3 years ago

Probably second season syndrome, happens all the time and sadly it's affected them. Was expecting a lot more from Wilder but it's sad to see.

Probably poor recruiting too, 25 million for Brewster is not smart, they didn't learn from Bournemouth's mistakes it seems.

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1861

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Now we are seriously in a relegation battle. We never lost to Burnley and never conceded first to them until today. Its our worst ever start to the Premier league. If the kroenkes don't sack Arteta before the next game I expect our future to be in the championship even if we don't get relegated this season.

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Well, it's not going to be a 75pts league winner this season, City ended Any competition...

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1861

Premier league is a farmers league it gets proven every season but people deny it. The Premier league used to be a force over a decade ago but no more

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

look who has switched clubs, hahahaha, one less plastic in our colors.

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1861

I cant support Arsenal with Arteta as manager even if he wins the league. The style of play is against my footballing DNA

Marcus2011 3 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I thought I would look foolish but not this much... holly crap! WTF happened this year. Maybe it is because there aren't any fans

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1101

My picks have been pretty crazy as well, so not just you Marcus!

My Top 10 vs Current Spot

1. Man City (Currently 1st)
  2. Liverpool (Currently 6th)
  3. Chelsea (Currently 5th)
  4. Man Utd (Currently 2nd)
  5. Arsenal (Currently 11th)
  6. Wolves (Currently 12th)
  7. Tottenham (Currently 9th)
  8. Leicester City (Currently 3rd)
  9. Sheffield Udt (Currently LAST)
  10. Everton (Currently 7th)
Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited