Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Premier League Season 20-21 Predictions
Greatone 4 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

It's that time of year again, before the season starts, who do you think will be our champions and put in your end-of-the-year table!

For me I have absolutely NO IDEA of what's going to happen.
but... I feel like a lot of the weaker teams in the league won't be able to invest making it easier for Man City to curb stomp them giving them the points to win the league whereas Liverpool might stutter too many times.

1. Manchester City
  2. Liverpool
  3. Chelsea
  4. Arsenal
  5. Man U.
  6. Leicester City
  7. wolves
  8. Sheffield Utd
  9. Tottenham
  10. Leeds
  11. Everton
  12. Burnley
  13. west ham
  14. Southhampton
  15. Crystal Palace
  16. Fulham
  17. Newcastle Utd.
  18. Aston Villa
  19. west brom
  20. Brighton and Hove
Comments
Lodatz 4 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Especially considering he is managing Spurs, a team well known for bottling it far too much.

Spurs are the joint fifth-most successful club in the entire history of English football, and the only reason they're not a clear 4th is due to Abramovic and Mansour utterly transforming a couple of clubs who have historically 'bottled' it a lot more than we have.

That said, I still don't see them doing better than 3rd this year. My money is on City to reclaim the title. The rest of the Top 4 is too close to call, for me...

Emobot7 4 years ago Edited
538 11432

Of course you pop up as soon as I talk crap about Spurs. XD

Like I said, i meant no insult. Spurs a good team, I respect them. It just... I don't expect much from them these day. :D

Anyway, I hope you are doing well, been too long since we last spoke Lodatz. :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Oh my... of course you pop up as soon as I talk crap about Spurs. :U Like I said, i meant no insult. Spurs a good team, I respect them. It just... I don't expect much from them these day. :D

Oh my... of course you pop up as soon as I talk crap about Spurs. XD

Like I said, i meant no insult. Spurs a good team, I respect them. It just... I don't expect much from them these day. :D

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

• History

Didn't think we would be this bad, my new prediction for Arsenal is 8th

Didn't think we would be this bad, my new prediction for Arsenal is 8th. I want Leeds to win the league

Didn't think we would be this bad, my new prediction for Arsenal is 8th. I want Leeds to win the league so I predict Leeds as champions

DarthFooty 3 years ago Edited
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

The current standings are surprising, but it is 6 matches played. * Indicate surprise a team is as high or as low as I expected.....

1. Everton *
  2. Liverpool
  3. Aston Villa ***
  4. Leicester City *
  5. Leeds Utd **
  6. Southampton ***
  7. Crystal Palace ***
  8. Wolverhampton
  9. Chelsea *
  10. Arsenal *
  11. Tottenham *
  12. West Ham
  13. Man City ***
  14. Newcastle
  15. Man Udt ***
    Brighton
    West Brom
    Burnley
    Sheffield Unt
    Fulham
  • History

The current standings are surprising, but it is 6 matches played. * Indicate surprise a team is as high or as low as I expected.....

1. Everton *
  2. Liverpool
  3. Aston Villa ***
  4. Leicester City *
  5. Leeds Utd **
  6. Southampton ***
  7. Crystal Palace ***
  8. Wolverhampton
  9. Chelsea *
  10. Arsenal *
  11. Tottenham *
  12. West Ham
  13. Man City ***
  14. Newcastle
  15. Man Udt ***
    16 Brighton
  16. West Brom
  17. Burnley
  18. Sheffield Unt
  19. Fulham
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

• History

LMAO the Manchester teams in the bottom half? Seems like a troll comment

Marcus2011 3 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@emo

If Mourinho wins EPL with Tottenham, they will erect a statue for him outside of stadium and he will forever make himself as the greatest manager ever in footballs history.

Expectations that people set for Mourinho in comparison to other managers are miles different. Yet, I repeat Spurs this season aren’t
underachievers. It will be an unusual season

• History

@emo

If Mourinho wins EPL with Tottenham, they will erect a statue for him outside of stadium and he will forever make himself as the greatest manager ever in footballs history.

Expectations that people set for Mourinho in comparison to other managers are miles different. Yet, I repeat Spurs this season aren’t a underachievers. It will be an unusual season

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

if i learnt one thing, prediction table will only make you look like you don't know anything about football :D

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

That I agree with you. Tbh, Spurs would propably build a statute for any manager who would be able to win the league and that would be fair considering how long they haven't won such a major trophy.

As for Mourinho, winning the Premier League with another team that Chelsea would certainly boost his already impressive record that already for me make him one of the greatest manager in football. (Like honestly, the guy won CL with Inter and Porto and also the domestic league at least once in every country he managed in, he already got a great legacy imho)

amir_keal 3 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Every year Arsenal make their way in the top 4, even though they have shown nothing to deserve that, fans are too optimistic

Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

• History

I have to change my predicition again, if Arteta isn't sacked we will finish 14th

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Gotta be honest, the lack of preparation and the amount of game played without any break are really costing some of the bigger team a lot. City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United are all relatively underperforming.

Chelsea are doing ok considering we expected them to need time to glue together considering how many new player they have.

And Tottenham is surpassing our expectation. honestly, i don't like saying that, but this year might be their one chance at getting their hand on the PL trophy. They certainly got the momentum going right now.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

10 matches in now and we are starting to see some movement for many of the bigger teams.

Spurs and Liverpool tied for 1st....... Surprised with the Spurs but shouldn't be given their players and coach.
Chelsea in 3rd... We saw the players they were bringing and knew they would be a factor. Bit surprised they are hitting the ground running, but it is good for the league.
Leicester City 4th.... Not surprised given the Manchester teams not being higher up the table right now.
Southampton 5th..... Complete surprise!
Wolves 6th..... Solid team, well worthy of the place in the table.
Everton 7th..... Started so well but came to EPL reality. Love seeing them as a higher table team again.
Man Udt 8th, Man City 10th, and Arsenal 14th...... Complete surprise all three are this low in the table. Still, 10 matches in and we have seen some life, but wow.
Leeds came back to reality as well. Was fun seeing them start so well, but EPL is rough.

Marcus2011 3 years ago

Did you see Interview with Jurgen Klopp?

Dea Kelly was way out of line. What an unprofessional behavior! He knows networks pay the money to EPL to get those fixtures but he sits there with arrogance talking back and winding a man who is already mad about his long injury list.

Scums! Fans must express their anger properly! I don’t understand we love our players but don’t defend them. This game is for the players and the fans, not corporations. Yes, it is entertainment but we don’t have to kill players to entertain us and they make plenty enough to still do job they love to do! That is why i think we don’t see more high intensity games in EPL because players sometimes just exhausted.

Marcus2011 3 years ago

Yea I think I hurried up with Arsenal and underestimated Leicester

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11432

Actually, I started it but couldn't watch till the end, it was pissing me way too much. Everything Klopp told the guy though was completely true, he did a good job conveying his feeling about the situation and his anger toward it.

But yes Marcus, I agree with you pal, its really stupid to see how many games are being pushed on the players and seeing the premier league going back to 3 subs as well. The higher-ups clearly don't give a single thought to player healths. Really disgusting. :(

• History

Actually, I started did but couldn't watch till the end, it was pissing way too much. Everything Klopp told the guy though was completely true, he did a good job conveying his feeling about the situation and his anger toward it.

But yes Marcus, I agree with you pal, its really stupid to see how many games are being pushed on the players and seeing the premier league going back to 3 subs as well. The higher-ups clearly don't give a single thought to player healths. Really disgusting. :(

Marcus2011 3 years ago Edited

On top of all this, why the hell players are playing international friendly games? Fck those games. They don't matter. Euro qualifiers, I understand , but friendly, why??

UEFA and FIFA are just as guilty. They think they own some sweatshop. They are nothing without player or fans, just clowns with suits on pretending to like football. They got reality checked this year with pandemic. I sincerely hope that it hits their pockets harder.

I am ashamed that club boards don't speak out! Players sit quietly and don't strike. Are they really that submissive?

At last, It made my blood boil to see that smug talk back to Klopp when he knows that he is right. People say that violence doesn't solve anything, but damn it I would have loved Klopp to punch his lights out! Disgusting scum bag.

• History

On top of all this, why the hell players are playing international friendly games? Fck those games. They don't matter. Euro qualifiers, I understand , but friendly, why??

UEFA and FIFA are just as guilty. They think they own a some sweatshop. They are nothing without player or fans, just clowns with suits on pretending to like football. They got reality checked this year with pandemic. I sincerely hope that it hits their pockets harder.

I am ashamed that club boards don't speak out! Players sit quietly and don't strike. Are they really that submissive?

At last, It made my blood boil to see that smug talk back to Klopp when he knows that he is right. People say that violence doesn't solve anything, but damn it I would have loved Klopp to punch his lights out! Disgusting scum bag.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Yeah, thats a good question. I'm guessing that the FA and UEFA put pressure on team so they wouldn't try this. As for player, the only way something like that would work would be if an huge majority of them would do it. Even then, history show, sadly, that most of the time, when player did strike, they were most of the time the one penalized for it. But honestly, considering all the injury we already seen, at this point, I think any penality they might had would be better than the risk they are currently taking. :(

All in all, I'm glad that at least some managers and players have shown their dissapointement toward the current situation but I also think they should do more.

Marcus2011 3 years ago

Hold on a second... they are all kneeling for political movement like “Black Lives Matter” that has nothing to do with football, but not for their own health conditions that they won’t?

I always knew most footballers are stupid, but didn’t think it was this much.

tiki_taka 3 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

The crowd effect is also playing a big role...

It's too early to judge London teams, and I don't understand some Liverpool coach line ups, wtf is that weak Japanese player doing in such a big club ? Lol

PL is getting more compact again but it has to do with City - Liverpool drop of level, it's clearly a 75 pts winning League season unless we notice an incredible winning streak, but I don't think so...

If it's 75 pts winner Season, then yes many clubs could pretend reaching this amount of points and therefore many outsiders could have their chance...

For me it depends, winning a league with +90pts is very different than the 75-80pts because it's not the same season copy you give, for instance the Liverpool who won the league last season would have won it everywhere in Europe...

Ofc if Mou wins it, a very beautiful line will be written in his glorious palmarès because he won it with a looser tag club.
But I don't erase his bad choices and seasons he had... Actually he doesn't even have to prove his worth, he is already established as a top class coach.

Not sure a 75 pts winner would be that impacting, the 72 pts win of Leicester is a great example to illustrate my odd argument 😄

• History

The crowd effect is also playing a big role...

It's too early to judge London teams, and I don't understand some Liverpool coach line ups, wtf is that weak Japanese player doing in such a big club ? Lol

PL is getting more compact again but it has to do with City - Liverpool drop of level, it's clearly a 75 pts winning League season unless we notice an incredible winning streak, but I don't think so...

If it's 75 pts winner Season, then yes many clubs could pretend reaching this amount of points and therefore many outsiders could have their chance...

For me it depends, winning a league with +90pts is very different than the 75-80pts because it's not the same season copy you give, for instance the Liverpool who won the league last season would have won it everywhere in Europe...

Not sure a 75 pts winner would be that impacting, the 72 pts win of Leicester is a great example to illustrate my odd argument 😄

Lodatz 3 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Marcus:

Yes, I did see his childish little tantrum. How pathetic is it that he's been favored numerous times by the league scheduling, has had enormous luck over the past 2 years to not have any of his first team injured, and the first time it starts to go a little wrong he's going to whine about playing the exact same fixtures that every other champion has had to face?

Please. Spare me the pity party. Liverpool have played 18 games so far this season. Tottenham have played 20.

Oh, and if Klopp wants to talk about "poor Robbo", well then why exactly did he play him against Brighton? He could have given the lad a rest, couldn't he? Is his squad not deep enough to handle Brighton? And if not, then tough sh*t. Everyone else is in the same boat, and that goes for previous seasons too. Check out this fun graphic that Gary Neville pulled up:

enter image description here

See that shiz? Liverpool have not even had anywhere near the worst of it. Klopp can shut his mouth and get on with his job, which is to manage that squad among multiple competitions, same as anyone else at the top end of the table. If his squad isn't as deep as he wants it to be, well boo-hoo-hoo.

Maybe he should ask the broadcasters for another 75m to buy a replacement for VVD, seeing as TV money is what allowed him to buy such players in the first place.