Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Pogba or no Pogba?
_Pelle_ 5 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

Should Man United cash in big on Pogba and move on without him? Or should they keep him and let him be the big star that carries the team? How would a Man United team look with and without him if new players are brought in? Should they go for Tielemans?

Should Man United sell Pogba?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Should Man United cash in big on Pogba or move on without him? How would a Man United team look with and without him if new players are brought in? Should they go for Tielemans?

Should Man United sell Pogba?

Comments
Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Yep. Player has become bigger than the club. Liability for me

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Under current circumstances, I would say no and give it another first half of the season to see how it goes with the new signings. It's obvious that some of the current players aren't helping Pogba on the field, not well enough at least. He's been our best player, by far this season, and we need to keep him to see how well we'll perform with the right players around him. So far, Daniel James looks to be a promising signing, and Bruno Fernandes is apparently around the corner, which is big news for us. There doesn't seem to be any issues between Pogba and our club, based on what Ole informs the press. It's the media that are always trying to aggravate things.

• History

Under current circumstances, I would say no and give it another first half of the season to see how it goes with the new signings. It's obvious that some of the current players aren't helping Pogba on the field, not well enough at least. He's been our best player, by far this season, and we need to keep him to see how well we'll perform with the right players around him. So far, Daniel James looks to be a promising signing, and Bruno Fernandes is apparently around the corner, which is big news for us. There doesn't seem to be any issues between Pogba and our club, based on what Ole informs the press, it's the media that are always trying to aggravate things.

SunFlash 5 years ago
USA 19 3260

There are two genuinely world-class players at the club right now, Pogba and De Gea. To sell either would be not ideal.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@Sunflash Problem is that Pogba doesn't alway look world class for United. If he get his stuff together and perform the way he does when Ole first signed for an entire season then yes, he need to stay. If he cannot keep his consistency better than this season however, I don't think thats good enough.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

As rival fan : yes
If I apply logic : no.

Played of his caliber will be needed for United’s future transfer prospects. He is still maturing and perhaps, this season he will clean his acts.

Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Pogba is by no means world class. How can you say he is world class? He doesn't perform with the consistency or ability of other top midfielders in the world. In what way is he world class? Midfielders like De Bruyne, Modric, Kroos, Kante, Bernardo, David Silva - these are the top midfielders in the world. How is Pogba on their level?

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

How is he not world-class? He's surrounded by mid-tabled players at best, and the amount of work he puts in compared to our* other outfield players are unfairly ignored

• History

How is he not world-class? He's surrounded by mid-tabled players at best, and the amount of work he puts in compared to other outfield players are unfairly ignored.

Dynastian98 5 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

I remember when the United standard for world-class was Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo. Now a self-absorbed lad who can't string 5 good games together, doesn't understand the tempo of the game, and trots back during counter-attacks is called world-class. It's laughable to consider Pogba on the level of players like KDB, Modric, Kante, Kroos, etc. Those are true world-class midfielders.

• History

I remember when the United standard for world-class was Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo. Now a self-absorbed lad who can't string 10 good passes together, doesn't understand the tempo of the game, and trots back during counter-attacks is called world-class. It's laughable to consider Pogba on the level of players like KDB, Modric, Kante, Kroos, etc. Those are true world-class midfielders.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

I don’t know about Modric... he’s been far from world class this season.

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11426

It's laughable to consider Pogba on the level of players like KDB, Modric, Kante, Kroos.

To be fair, when you take into consideration the last season those guy had, it might not be so laughable. But I agree Pogba got a lot of consistency problem, certainly more than those 4. Though if I'm being sincere, I seriously think Pogba would be much much better in Real Madrid than in United where his team look like the weaker side half of the time.

• History

It's laughable to consider Pogba on the level of players like KDB, Modric, Kante, Kroos.

To be fair, when you take into consideration the last season those guy had, it might not be so laughable. But I agree Pogba got a lot of consistency problem. Though if I'm being sincere, I seriously think Pogba would much much better in a team like Real Madrid than in United where his team look like the weaker side half of the time.

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Real Madrid xfer rumor. Pogba for Bale + $$$. Interesting move....

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

I dont see Man United being in dire need of Bale. Thats not interesting for them imo

serans 5 years ago
Manchester United, Poland 3 203

If we swap Pogba for Isco + cash I wouldn't mind.

Pogba has potential to be one of the greatest, but he needs proper coach and environment. He is lacking consistency, and he is not young anymore, so no excuses there.

If we dont get good player in swap deal, I would keep him.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Because Modric is now in legendary class.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

This is a very difficult case, and there might be no right or wrong.

A couple of things are certain:

• Pogba has class and has all the potential to be a great player
  • He's very inconsistent and a big pain in the dressing room for any manager

NOw that can be interpret that he needs the right setup, the right coach to make the best out of him, he need someone like Kante around him on the field.

But that's not certain either >.<

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

@Serans: Pogba for Isco-Ceballos-(and Bale) and maybe money. I think Ceballos is underrated and could somewhat fill Pogbas shoes, and he’s young and could be like a new Busquets. Isco gives you the creativity and is absolutely worldclass when in form, but could however improve his workrate. Bale is already proven in EPL but injury-prone.

I don’t see this swap as bad for neither team. A bit risky for Man Utd with Bale and his wages though.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Whether Pogba is world class or not shouldn't be discussed before deciding what is "world class player".

Otherwise, I invite you check his skills because if United put him on sale tomorrow, I would want Chelsea to buy him. He can play as CAM/CM. That is what we need. Kante and Jorginho will cover everything else. He needs and must get disciplined with his behavior and work ethics otherwise he is an incredible talent. He really must humble down and work like a machine! No one should restrict him from having fun, but that I am the sht no matter what attitude is going to turn him into Mario Baloteli.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

"I am thinking of this: to have a new challenge somewhere else." 👀

Will Paul Pogba be heading to Juventus or Real Madrid C.F.?

Lmao!! This man hasn’t meet the expectations, destabilized dressing room, and then challenge manager by getting him fired. Now, wants new challenge, to get Zidane fired?? Have you even completed becoming best player in EPL challenge?? Hahaha everything that is wrong with football written all over the face of this player.

Fans enables this behavior because modern fans are just like him. Self centered narcissistic and cry baby attitude raised kids seeking attention through Instagram or any social media.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Come to think of it. I know maybe understand why Fergie let him go. That is because Sir Alex never liked players challenging his authority. He was ruthless even towards Roy Keane - captain. That is why United did so well because it was iron discipline. He probably foreseen this kid will be trouble in dressing room, so he rather find other talents that will play for the team not for themselves.

Anyways, great talent but very high chances of becoming Baloteli.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Paul Pogba expected to say at Manchester United next season sources have told ESPN UK.