Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Oscar to Chinese side Shanghai SIPG for 60 millions
kyoekyar 7 years ago Edited
12 163

It might not happen but what kind of world are we living in now? How come a chinese club even offer these kinds of outrageous transfer fees? :O

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It might not happen but what kind of world are we living in now? How come a chinese club even offer these kinds of transfer fees? :O

Comments
OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

Typical chinese clubs tying to scrounge under performing, top players from european leagues.... just like they did with jackson martinez and others.
However even though they probably wont buy oscar for 60 million i dont think chelsea should sell oscar to china for any price. It wud be a waste of his talent and i think he will be needed later on in the season for chelsea.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Getting 60M for Oscar, Chelsea must have the best negotiators in the world.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

With that 60M we can get a world class player or give a youngster a chance. Oscar seems to not be what we were hoping for if you ask me

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I would say cash in asap. No one else would offer that sum and hes not a key player at the moment. I'm pretty sure the agents just want to cash in on their sizable sum of the transfer.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@JozeMourinho Agreed, Oscar not a bad player but at Chelsea, he is sub quality and nothing more, if you had sold him at the beggining of the season, you could have gotten Lukaku instead of Batsuyahi. ;P

But seriously, for 60 million, who would you buy to replace Oscar Chelsea fan, I would even propose making a poll of potential replacement. :D

Messi3457 7 years ago Edited
2 12

@emobot7 great idea. Would you mind make a poll? I would say Naiggolan for direct replacement, Bonnuci for CB (if chelsea get Bonnuci, they might be able to use Matic, Fabregas, and Kante alternatively which means indirect replacement), Alaba (may be just a dream).

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@emobot7 great idea. Would you mind adding a poll? I would say Naiggolan for direct replacement, Bonnuci for CB (if chelsea get Bonnuci, they might be able to use Matic, Fabregas, and Kante alternatively which means indirect replacement), Alaba (may be just a dream).

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

If we could get that amount of money for Oscar, seel him immediately. He hasn't been in the starting XI for a while now. Chinese teams are splashing the cash by signing a few stars every now and then. It's no longer a destination for retiring footballers.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Money money moneeeyy, now we can buy a back up for kante and matic.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Oscar's not a bad player, just doesn't hasn't had any managers or many fans showing some faith in recent years. 60 million sounds like a lot but it's not much in this new world of football. If Pogba went for 100, then 60 for Oscar sounds like a steal.

If Conte sees no future for him, especially in the 3-4-3, then selling would be the right thing to do, but if we ever play a formation with a distinct CAM, then I would happily start Oscar every single game.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

60 for Oscar sounds like a steal.

Cmon man, he's not even worth 30-40 millions.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@messi3457 Might do one later on. Don't really have the time right now. ;)

@quikzyyy Depend, I would argue he is at least worth 30 million with the current market for player. :P

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

He is worth 100 million . Chinese are getting a bright future !!

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

maybe in other currency :)

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

You just jealous no one ever pays for your players that much money :))

Chelsea FC 157 4232

My point is that in the current market, 60 million is not what we used to think it was. Like I said, Pogba went for 100 million this summer and Napoli were rejecting Chelsea's bids for Kalidou Koulibaly which circulated around 50 million. Yes, we signed Kante for 32 million, Guerreiro, Mkhitaryan and co moved for a lot less, but a transfer fee doesn't dictate a club's decision to buy and sell these days. It's more about whether or not the player fits in the squad, whether he is happy, whether he has a future at the club, whether he is replaceable etc.

And it's not like Abramovich desperately needs 60 million. The money involved in transfers are nothing compared to what owners have in their pockets these days. Yes, 60 million would free us up against FFP, but it's not like we've been breaking FFP. I see every year that City are lining up £250 million bids for Messi, and you could argue that they could sign world class talents with that, but like Ronaldo, he is invaluable.

Money in the footballing world can't be compared to money in real life. In the footballing world, Messi and Ronaldo are gods. You can't buy gods with money. As for Oscar, he's like the gods' loyal servant, whom the gods don't want to lose for anything.

Oscar's lost confidence, doesn't fit into the new system, and if this progresses and Conte sees no future for him at Chelsea, then sell him for sure. Don't sell him for the sake of making 60 million.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Marcus2011

He is worth 100 million . Chinese are getting a bright future !!

Never go full Bendtner. ;P

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Even 100M would not suprise me.

20M real value
20M young
40M from BPL to China
20M Champion in England

It doesn't seem like they will miss those money anyway, if Granziano Pelle gets a fatter paycheck than Ronaldo from RM then an overpriced 60M Oscar is nothing and yes they are actually buying a bright future.

Dissapointed by him but that is life, although I was more sad when Ramires left us :(

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@JozeMourinho Woah, just checked recent news and its seem the deal is happening. 90% done from what the player said and of course only if the news I saw were true. :O Well, thats a sad news indeed. :(

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Ramires would have been immense under Conte. He didn't like his involvement under Hiddink, but I wish he had waited for six more months.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Eden17 Hiddink was great with Chelsea though, wonderful back-up coach you have there. ;)