Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Oscar to Chinese side Shanghai SIPG for 60 millions
kyoekyar 7 years ago Edited
12 163

It might not happen but what kind of world are we living in now? How come a chinese club even offer these kinds of outrageous transfer fees? :O

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It might not happen but what kind of world are we living in now? How come a chinese club even offer these kinds of transfer fees? :O

Comments
JuanMata10 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

I'm not sure how to feel about James. I don't really rate him that highly, but then again I haven't seen him play often enough over the course of the last 2 seasons to make a proper judgement. Clearly he'd be an upgrade over Oscar though, but let's not forget that he isn't restricted to the CAM spot like Oscar is. If I recall correctly, he used to play quite often as a right midfielder / right forward back at Porto. What I do like about him is that he has a good record of scoring goals from outside the box, something Chelsea has been missing for years. He doesn't really fit into the midfield of our current line up with 4 midfielders in one line, but I think he'd be able to do a job as right inside forward, where he would surely keep either one of Pedro and Willian out of the team.

Regarding the rumoured transfer fee of 75m pounds.. people will compare this sum to Oscar's transfer fee, but let's be honest, the sums in Chinese football shouldn't be compared to 'European' money. If Oscar went to China for 60m, then James should be worth 110m in the same market. In European terms, this is about half the money, though. If I was the technical direct of an European club, I wouldn't spend a single cent over 55m pounds on James, or similarly, over 30m on Oscar. 75m is Griezmann-money. This is wishful thinking, but I'd rather wait until the summer and splash the cash on Griezmann instead.

• History

I'm not sure how to feel about James. I don't really rate him that highly, but then again I haven't seen him play often enough over the course of the last 2 seasons to make a proper judgement. Clearly he'd an u bepgrade over Oscar though, but let's not forget that he isn't restricted to the CAM spot like Oscar is. If I recall correctly, he used to play quite often as a right midfielder / right forward back at Porto. What I do like about him is that he has a good record of scoring goals from outside the box, something Chelsea has been missing for years. He doesn't really fit into the midfield of our current line up with 4 midfielders in one line, but I think he'd be able to do a job as right inside forward, where he would surely keep either one of Pedro and Willian out of the team.

Regarding the rumoured transfer fee of 75m pounds.. people will compare this sum to Oscar's transfer fee, but let's be honest, the sums in Chinese football shouldn't be compared to 'European' money. If Oscar went to China for 60m, then James should be worth 110m in the same market. In European terms, this is about half the money, though. If I was the technical direct of an European club, I wouldn't spend a single cent over 55m pounds on James, or similarly, over 30m on Oscar. 75m is Griezmann-money. This is wishful thinking, but I'd rather wait until the summer and splash the cash on Griezmann instead.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

James will fail if he comes to england and specially to chelsea, i highly doubt that he is in conte's plans.
Conte might go for verrati or brozovic.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Oscar is a good player and has done lots for the club, but given that they rarely play him nowadays, I say cash in. I rather have James than Oscar if Conte can find a way to include him in the system. However, latest I heard he's going to United if he leaves. I guess no one knows yet.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Marcus2011 Winning La Liga, Copa Del Rey or even CL on the bench isn't such a good deal in my opinion. Then again, like Eden17 said earlier, he might not find a place at Chelsea either (his position doesn't really fit with Conte formation as of now) so yeah, its not sure at all. PSG could be a very good option though and they are the only team I see who could have enough money. :)

@Decentk Lol, that could be true if that was 3 or 4 year ago but as it have been proven recently, the market price are twice as pricy as it was before, a more reasonable price in my opinion would 30m or 40m. He is still a decent player after all, it isn't lack of playtime that will change this. But yeah, he is overpriced because of his star statut and the fact he is still only 25.

@JuanMata I can understand you but there is a risk that Griezmann will give priority to joining United if given a chance this summer cause of Pogba.

@KTB Man, United sure love to be linked with every star player at one point or another. Wonder if there is any truth to it this time again and also how united fan would feel about having James. :S

• History

@Marcus2011 Winning La Liga, Copa Del Rey or even CL on the bench isn't such a good deal in my opinion. Then again, like Eden17 said earlier, he might not find a place at Chelsea either (his position doesn't really fit with Conte formation as of now) so yeah, its not sure at all. PSG could be a very good option though and they are the only team I see who could have enough money. :)

@Decentk Lol, that could be true if that was 3 or 4 year ago but as it have been proven recently, the market price are twice as pricy as it was before, a more reasonable price in my opinion would 30m or 40m. He is still a decent player after all, it isn't lack of playtime that will change this. But yeah, he is overpriced because of his star statut and the fact he is still only 25.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Chelsea Football Club & Shanghai SIPG have agreed terms for the January transfer of Oscar.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

This is good for PL.

Let the money grabbers leave and let the players who love football more than money in our team

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

Sad to see oscar go.. but then if he does want money over top class football then i say hes welcome to go...
He wasnt perticularly used and didnt rly fit in so i guess he wont be missed that much... unfortunatly!!!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Like I said before, he had the choice of not playing any kind of football or only as a sub at a club where he was well paid or being able to start every game and being the third best payed player in the world. Only thing that could have keep him at Chelsea would have been his affection for the club. Sadly no matter how much you like a club, its alway gonna be hard to stay there if you have very few promise of getting any kind of playing time in the immediate.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I want to thank @chelseafc the owner and all the employees who have made my time at the club so special. A very special thank you to the Chelsea fans you guys a very special and I am honoured to have been a part of your club we have won some special titles together the UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE, the LEAGUE CUP and of course PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS !!!! You will always have a special place in my heart 💙

Quero agradecer ao Chelsea Football Club, o proprietário e todos os funcionários que fizeram nesse tempo no clube ser tão especial. Um muito obrigado especialmente para os fãs do Chelsea por serem muito especiais e estou honrado por ter feito parte deste clube que ganhamos alguns títulos especiais juntos, a UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE, o LEAGUE CUP e, claro, PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS! ! Vocês sempre terão um lugar especial no meu coração 💙

enter image description here

Will miss him :(

• History

I want to thank @chelseafc the owner and all the employees who have made my time at the club so special. A very special thank you to the Chelsea fans you guys a very special and I am honoured to have been a part of your club we have won some special titles together the UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE, the LEAGUE CUP and of course PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS !!!! You will always have a special place in my heart 💙

Quero agradecer ao Chelsea Football Club, o proprietário e todos os funcionários que fizeram nesse tempo no clube ser tão especial. Um muito obrigado especialmente para os fãs do Chelsea por serem muito especiais e estou honrado por ter feito parte deste clube que ganhamos alguns títulos especiais juntos, a UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE, o LEAGUE CUP e, claro, PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS! ! Vocês sempre terão um lugar especial no meu coração 💙

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Eden17 Indeed, he will be missed. Good luck in China Oscar. :(

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I don't ! Finally he is out ! I never ever was a fan of him but I respect the times he gave us and his memorable goals against Juventus .. however , such underachiever and the fact that he was picked over De Bruyne pisses me off at board , at Jose and anyone who picked him over De Bruyne ..

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus2011 Well, I guess if you does look at it like that, but pherhap De Bruyne wouldn't have progressed if he had stay. You guys should really have given the guy a buy-back clause. :P But if we don't compare him to De Bruyne, Oscar still seem a nice guy and I can't help but feel the rest of the team will miss him on a social level at the very least.

Jack_Jack_Jack 7 years ago
Liverpool, England 0 32

Oscar is no great player...............I could got to china and be paid millions