{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

- Official FR Mod Casting PART 3 -
Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

So... it has come to this.

This, is where the fun begins.

You voted, you asked for them, you put them right where they are now...

This are the top voted user and final candidate list:

Emrecan_58 60+ votes

GunnerAFC 30+ votes

Vendetta 20+ votes

shpalman 15+ votes

* Tuan and Dynastian came very close with shpalman but since I haven't seen them around for a while then the list would not include them.

What proceeds in this round is the debating part. This thread is entirely and exclusively to debate, between users and candidates. Who is the best suited for the job and why. Why any of them shouldn't be chosen to be a mod. Any ideas are welcome, Ill be liberal with the comments but try to stay on topic. Candidates thoughts and comments are as important as regular users so please debate as much as you like.

Comments
tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Tuan_jin is active tonight, im going to ask him on his wall if he wants to be candidate.

Edit : How many mods are elected, if there is only one place i think the result talk of himself, we already have a winner.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Tuan_jin is active tonight, im going to ask him on his wall if he wants to be candidate.

Edit : How many mod is elected, if there is only one place i think the result talk of himself, we already have a winner.

Jimbet 10 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

Top 3 looks nice. CONGRATS!

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Any of those users deserve it in my opinion, they seem all nice lately and would be good mods...
Any choice will be good imo.
I may know some more than others, but they all seem nice from what i' ve seen, Good luck.

• History

Any of those users deserve it in my opinion, they seem all nice lately and would be good mods...
Any choice will be good imo.

Vendetta 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Man, I'm surprised I got in the top 3. Thank you for voting for me you guys. All the support I got was a kindness I never expected. Thank you. Anyway, onto why I think I deserve to be a mod...

To be honest I can't offer much. I can be a fair mod who checks the site reguraly, so sorry if you expected more. You'll have better luck with the other candidates if that's the case.

I know this forum and most of its users very well. I have been here for quite sometime now as well, which means I am on this site daily.

Some have noticed that I can sometimes be sensitive when my club is being mocked or criticized, and I admit it. Sometimes that does happen. But not if I become a mod. I promise (and not a politician's sort of promise) that with the responsibilities of a moderator I will stop overreacting when my club is being criticized and I won't be more supportive towards other Chelsea fans. I will treat everyone fairly and equally.

I won't comment on the other candidates because I don't think I should shift my reasons for becoming a mod on their flaws... well that is if they have any flaws. Seriously, they are all great guys and I wish they could all become mods. Good luck @GunnerAFC, @EmreCan and @shpalman

And thats it...

• History

Man, I'm surprised I got in the top 3. Thank you for voting for me you guys. All the support I got was a kindness I never expected. Thank you. Anyway, onto why I think I deserve to be a mod...

To be honest I can't offer much. I can be a fair mod who checks the site reguraly, so sorry if you expected wrong. You'll have better luck with the other candidates if that's the case.

I know this forum and most of its users very well. I have been here for quite sometime now as well, which means I am on this site daily.

Some have noticed that I can sometimes be sensitive when my club is being mocked or criticized, and I admit it. Sometimes that does happen. But not if I become a mod. I promise (and not a politician's sort of promise) that with the responsibilities of a moderator I will stop overreacting when my club is being criticized and I won't be more supportive towards other Chelsea fans. I will treat everyone fairly and equally.

I won't comment on the other candidates because I don't think I should shift my reason s for becoming a mod on their flaws... well that is if they have any flaws. Seriously, they are all great guys and I wish they could all become mods. Good luck @GunnerAFC, @EmreCan and @shpalman

And thats it...

SoccerBoss 10 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Emrecan and Vendetta are like always here, while GunnerAFC and shpalman are occasionally here; Despite that that's a pretty good list(could be even better with me in there), Never the less I'm sure these 4 guys will do a good job.

Emrecan_58 10 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

I am watching the Portugal-Ireland match, it's half time right now. Almeida scored twice . :D 3-0 First half

Anyways; again, thank you guys for voting for me. All I can say, I am always here, very active and fully neutral for every team.
@V "I won't comment on the other candidates because I don't think I should shift my reasons for becoming a mod on their flaws... "
Well said mate, the same I thought.

If you have any complaints about me, please don't hesitate to tell me. I would be happy to hear that.

Probably you most think my biggest problem that I am not an old user. But I am trying to know well everyone on this site. It's been my 4th month here. And it's your choice now. Thank you for your supports.

• History

I am watching the Portugal-Ireland match, it's half time right now. Almeida scored twice . :D

Anyways; again, thank you guys for voting for me. All I can say, I am always here, very active and fully neutral for every team.
@V "I won't comment on the other candidates because I don't think I should shift my reasons for becoming a mod on their flaws... "
Well said mate, the same I thought.

If you have any complaints about me, please don't hesitate to tell me. I would be happy to hear that.

Probably you most think my biggest problem that I am not an old user. But I am trying to know well everyone on this site. It's been my 4th month here. And it's your choice now. Thank you for your supports.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

I like the idea of V as a mod, he's a longtime user, he doesn't get involved in most of the offtopic shitstorms we sometimes have here, but he still defends his team and he's shown in the past that he can get into a fight and get nasty. That means he can understand our rivalries and our fights and moderate them within reason. Also you voted for me so that shows you're the second smartest person of footyroom.

GunnerAFC is a cool member who understands football banter, not the most active though. Good thing is he doesn't get affected by all the fighting and keeps a cool head most of the time.

Emrecan is a nice guy, maybe if he wants to become a good mod he needs to be meaner to people. I'll still back him up.

Shpalman is a good member as well but among the 4 candidates he's the one most prone to losing his temper. However tt hasn't happened lately.

I think all 4 are good candidates but I'd give my vote to V.

Enjoyneer_RED 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 43 257

why i chose shpalman :

with all due respect to the 4 members selected, imo shpalman is simply " best one to know football" and this is what we need, in case any football thread derails or any argument goes wrong, shpalman is capable of providing smart and sharp responses considering the topic and in this way i think the arguments will be on track again instead of having our discussions closed.

again, we need the most brilliant footballing figure, because this is why me and many others joined FOOTYROOM, to know more about FOOTBALL.

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Would be great to see GunnerAFC more active now.
Although good luck to all, you need big nerves!

tuan_jinn 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Sorry guys, I was away for the entire weekend + Monday for Pinkpop 2014 (Netherlands), so I guess I am out of luck. :D.

But anyway, all the listed candidate are well respected and nice. Im sure they can keep this forum intact. I vote for @Emrecan_58 & @Vendetta respectively.

It's ashamed that @Dynas & @tiki who has strong wil and football knowledge can't be part of this :( @Dyn can make a great MOD for sure

• History

Sorry guys, I was away for the entire weekend + Monday for Pinkpop 2014 (Netherlands), so I guess I am out of luck. :D.

But anyway, all the listed candidate are well respected and nice. Im sure they can keep this forum intact. I vote for Emrecan_58 & @Ven.

GunnerAFC 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Congratulations to everyone who made the list and thank you to everyone who gave me a valuable vote of theirs.

To be honest, I'm in the same boat as @Vendetta. I can be a fair mod who checks the site regularly. That's pretty much me as well. I may not post a lot which people have noticed and pointed out but believe you me when I say I check the site everyday. You'll see much more activity and interaction from me throughout the forum due the responsibilities of a moderator, which I am willing to do.

The reason you don't see enough of me? I strongly dislike arguments. Most threads recently and in the past have contained some awful arguments that have had a negative impact on our community and we've lost some truly great members because of this and that is sad to see I must say. Debates on the other hand? They're fine but this is the weird and wonderful FR forum. Having debates around here will more than likely lead into arguments and I'm hoping to come out of the shadows and cut down these arguments. Don't get it twisted, I don't want to stop the debates because that's the last thing I want to do but If I see a thread that is going in the direction of an argument then I'll give a warning to the members and ask them to be civil but if they don't listen it's closed discussion time.

I've gotten all sweaty just typing about arguments... jeez. This is why I hate them.

Anyway, why I should be chosen? There are a number of reasons including my new found willingness and happiness to work and interact with other people.

I'm adept at at helping and consulting with people of all ages, computing ability and the self gratification it brings.

Spamming and posting? Not around here sunshine. It's easy to tell the difference between spam and active posting. Highlights must be sorted as well.

I guess I can say that I'm experienced at positions of power because I've been a moderator before @rapmusic.com but that site is dead now because around 80% of it's users left due to the new design layout and it's never been the same since. I left as well because it's a bloody ghost town in the section that I moderated at. Sad times.

Lastly, I believe FootyRoom is a growing, expanding and thriving website which is only getting bigger and better. I wish to be an intricate part of this community and give something back to this site. This is why I want to become a mod.

Good luck @Emre, @Ven and @Shpalman. I wish you all the very best.

GunnerAFC 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

The edit option is not working for me. This irks me tremendously. I'll edit here ><

*I'm adept at helping

Say no to double 'at'.

raimondo90 10 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

In my time here (its been over 2 years now) ive seen many member and well we all get upset one time or another and lash out. Ive never seen a time when GunnerAFC has done that. If it were up to me i would like to see him be a mod.
V would also be a great mod due to his regularity on this site. I used to comment daily but well life is complicated sometimes but i till do take the time to check the post on a daily manner.

Conclusion either V or Gunner would be great mods. Ideally both should become mods and have a period of reevaluation every 4 months.

Besiktas 149 3375

@KingHenry "Emrecan is a nice guy, maybe if he wants to become a good mod he needs to be meaner to people. I'll still back him up."
Don't worry mate, when it comes to keep Forum safe and clean, I'll do whatever I have to do. I am controlling the Xat chat page on http://trlivespor.us/ .(Don't go in there without adblocker :D) And it has many visiters on Turkish Super League and Basketbal League matchdays. I recognize most of the people now because they always come back again. And on that chat page, you can't see any insulting language. We don't have any exception to people about that, even if we know them. But of course that's not the same with this site. I just made an example.

• History

@KingHenry "Emrecan is a nice guy, maybe if he wants to become a good mod he needs to be meaner to people. I'll still back him up."
Don't worry mate, when it comes to keep Forum safe and clean, I'll do whatever I have to do. I am controlling the Xat chat page on http://trlivespor.us/ .(Don't go in there without adblocker :D) And it has many visiters on Turkish Super League and Basketbal League matchdays. I recognize most of the people now because they always come back again. And on that chat page, you can't see any insulting language. We don't have any exception to people about that, even if we know them. But of course that's not the same with this site. I just made an example.
And I forgot to say that, I am very confidence about my football knowledge. I'll go to NTV Sport Turkey for becoming a sport commentator for the second job, after my Univercity exam which is in 4 days. Damn...
Btw I'll work on physics in the univercity but it's early to say that because I don't know what the results will be :D

And I forgot to say that, I am very confidence about my football knowledge. I'll apply to NTV Sport Turkey for becoming a sport commentator for the second job, after my Univercity exam which is in 4 days. Damn...
Btw I'll work on physics in the univercity but it's early to say that because I don't know what the results will be :D

Emrecan_58 10 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Guys Mancini left Galatasaray. Try not to take him :D

Heisinburg 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United 67 1516

I believe the votes from the long serving members in this site carry bigger weights than the ones that started here not so long ago.

My opinion on the top 4 candidates:

Emrecan_58 - From what I've seen from him so far, he brings a great deal of ecstasy in this site - implementing a certain twist to the forums such as introducing the Turkish's pride in other sports and knowledge about the importance of himself and the Turkish league. He's also a friendly member. However, like he said so himself, Time is his biggest weakness in this voting, and the other three has been members for over a year at least and so we were able to observe them through dark days till now.

Emre, I am a firm believer of the saying, "Slow and Steady wins the Race" (The Tortoise and the Hare), and therefore I believe that it's only fair that either V, Shpalman or GunnerAFC should be chosen to be a mod because they have served their time in this site long enough to get this far. If you get the mod job, however, then you have a lot more to prove imo, because Time can change people (from good to bad via the other way around) in this site. Good luck anyway.

Vendetta - he exemplifies a great FR member in this site- someone who not only has shown positivity, but also some negativity, which at least to me shows that he has personality and isn't some kind of robot. His regularity in this site is great - he doesn't SPAM in forums unlike some new members, and he's been here long enough to be fully established as 'Vendetta', and not 'Trollman', which he use to be back in the day. I think V is great the way he is right now, and who knows, if he doesn't get the role now, maybe he can become a mod in the future because Time always changes people's perspectives of one another, and I'm confident that he will if he is willing to take his current status to the next level. Good luck on this election anyways, V.

Shpalman - Believe it or not, this guy is fairly quiet but he set the foundation of my sense of maturity ever since I started in this site. I'll be honest, I was a little surprised that he nominated me to be a mod, because I unfortunately do not know too much about him other than the time when I was involved a short debate with him in one of my forums that really struck me because I genuinely felt that I lost that debate, which was my first in this site. I forgotten what it was about but somehow after that debate, I began to respect him a lot more, so thanks for that, Italian Stallion and good luck.

which leads me to MY VOTE...

GunnerAFC - Experience in this site, Self-disciplined on the web and Self-confident in himself - these are the attributes I look for from a mod, and GunnerAFC has admitted it himself, ticking all the list, and even better, he has had experience as a mod before in another website. I have no doubt that he will be an asset to this site if he becomes a mod here, and as a member who keeps annoyingly reporting his fellow moderators about unhealthy members, I can say that I can rely on him to be a mod, because I've been here a very long time as well and have seen him through dark days till now. I think he can be a good counselor as well whenever any of us are in bad shape. I hope he gets the mod job, because I know nothing but brightness will come if he does, IN THIS SITE.

• History

I believe the votes from the long serving members in this site carry bigger weights than the ones that started here not so long ago.

My opinion on the top 3 candidates:

Emrecan_58 - From what I've seen from him so far, he brings a great deal of ecstasy in this site - implementing a certain twist to the forums such as introducing the Turkish's pride in other sports and knowledge about the importance of himself and the Turkish league. He's also a friendly member. However, like he said so himself, Time is his biggest weakness in this voting, and the other two has been members for over a year at least and so we were able to observe them through dark days till now.

Emre, I am a firm believer of the saying, "Slow and Steady wins the Race" (The Tortoise and the Hare), and therefore I believe that it's only fair that either V or GunnerAFC should be chosen to be a mod because they have served their time in this site long enough to get this far. If you get the mod job, however, then you have a lot more to prove imo, because Time can change people (from good to bad via the other way around) in this site. Good luck anyway.

Vendetta - he exemplifies a great FR member in this site- someone who not only has shown positivity, but also some negativity, which at least to me shows that he has personality and isn't some kind of robot. His regularity in this site is great - he doesn't SPAM in forums unlike some new members, and he's been here long enough to be fully established as 'Vendetta', and not 'Trollman', which he use to be back in the day. I think V is great the way he is right now, and who knows, if he doesn't get the role now, maybe he can become a mod in the future because Time always changes people's perspectives of one another, and I'm confident that he will if he is willing to take his current status to the next level. Good luck on this election anyways, V.

GunnerAFC - Experience in this site, Self-disciplined on the web and Self-confident in himself - these are the attributes I look for from a mod, and GunnerAFC has admitted it himself, ticking all the list, and even better, he has had experience as a mod before in another website. I have no doubt that he will be an asset to this site if he becomes a mod here, and as a member who keeps annoyingly reporting his fellow moderators about unhealthy members, I can say that I can rely on him to be a mod, because I've been here a very long time as well and have seen him through dark days till now. I think he can be a good counselor as well whenever any of us are in bad shape. I hope he gets the mod job, because I know nothing but brightness will come if he does, IN THIS SITE.

Emrecan_58 - From what I've seen from him so far, he brings a great deal of ecstasy in this site - implementing a certain twist to the forums such as introducing the Turkish's pride in other sports and knowledge about the importance of himself and the Turkish league. He's also a friendly member. However, like he said so himself, Time is his biggest weakness in this voting, and the other two has been members for over a year at least and so we were able to observe them through dark days till now.

Emre, I am a firm believer of the saying, "Slow and Steady wins the Race" (The Tortoise and the Hare), and therefore I believe that it's only fair that either V or GunnerAFC should be chosen to be a mod because they have served their time in this site long enough to get this far. If you get the mod job, however, then you have a lot more to prove imo, because Time can change people (from good to bad via the other way around) in this site. Good luck anyway.

Shpalman - Believe it or not, this guy is fairly quiet but he is one of my role models during my noob times in this site. I'll be honest, I was a little surprised that he nominated me to be a mod, because I unfortunately do not know too much about him other than the time when I was involved a short debate with him in one of my forums that really struck me. I forgotten what it was about but somehow after that debate, I began to respect him a lot more, so thanks for that, Italian Stallion and good luck.

Emrecan_58 - From what I've seen from him so far, he brings a great deal of ecstasy in this site - implementing a certain twist to the forums such as introducing the Turkish's pride in other sports and knowledge about the importance of himself and the Turkish league. He's also a friendly member. However, like he said so himself, Time is his biggest weakness in this voting, and the other three has been members for over a year at least and so we were able to observe them through dark days till now.

Shpalman - Believe it or not, this guy is fairly quiet but he is one of my role models during my noob times in this site. I'll be honest, I was a little surprised that he nominated me to be a mod, because I unfortunately do not know too much about him other than the time when I was involved a short debate with him in one of my forums that really struck me. I forgotten what it was about but somehow after that debate, I began to respect him a lot more, so thanks for that, Italian Stallion and good luck.

Emre, I am a firm believer of the saying, "Slow and Steady wins the Race" (The Tortoise and the Hare), and therefore I believe that it's only fair that either V, Shpalman or GunnerAFC should be chosen to be a mod because they have served their time in this site long enough to get this far. If you get the mod job, however, then you have a lot more to prove imo, because Time can change people (from good to bad via the other way around) in this site. Good luck anyway.

Shpalman - Believe it or not, this guy is fairly quiet but he set the foundation of my sense of maturity ever since I started in this site. I'll be honest, I was a little surprised that he nominated me to be a mod, because I unfortunately do not know too much about him other than the time when I was involved a short debate with him in one of my forums that really struck me because I lost my first debate in this site. I forgotten what it was about but somehow after that debate, I began to respect him a lot more, so thanks for that, Italian Stallion and good luck.

GunnerAFC 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Thanks Rai and Heis. Especially you, Heis, you've been a huge advocate of mine along with Ramaboy and have nothing but kind words for me. I wholeheartedly appreciate all your support.

charlie33 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 14 188

^ mate, everyone makes mistakes, I think Gunner AFC is very nice and a good user of footyroom and he will make a great mod. As for u, I know about those comments but U have only been a member for a matter of hours.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@blackandwhite he sure went on a rampage there.... 3 years ago. Btw no one is going to take you seriously when it's your first post and you have no history of commenting in the highlights. I wonder who you could be...

Besiktas 149 3375

@blackandwhite lol :D how do you even remember that?
I don't know if that account is created by someone in here or not, but if it is why do you make a new account for saying that? You can say that with your own account, I don't think people will judge you by saying that.
I don't know if Gunner was bad or not but I don't see a big deal on that page by GunnerAFC. He says " They're meant to be funny names." of course he should has not said that but it was 3 years ago.

• History

lol :D how do you even remember that?
I don't know if that account is created by someone in here or not, but if it is why do you make a new account for saying that? You can say that with your own account, I don't think people will judge you by saying that.
I don't know if Gunner was bad or not but I don't see a big deal on that page.

I don't know if Gunner was bad or not but I don't see a big deal on that page.

I don't know if Gunner was bad or not but I don't see a big deal on that page by GunnerAFC. He says " They're meant to be funny names." of course he should not has said that but it was 3 years ago.