{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

- Official FR Mod Casting PART 3 -
Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

So... it has come to this.

This, is where the fun begins.

You voted, you asked for them, you put them right where they are now...

This are the top voted user and final candidate list:

Emrecan_58 60+ votes

GunnerAFC 30+ votes

Vendetta 20+ votes

shpalman 15+ votes

* Tuan and Dynastian came very close with shpalman but since I haven't seen them around for a while then the list would not include them.

What proceeds in this round is the debating part. This thread is entirely and exclusively to debate, between users and candidates. Who is the best suited for the job and why. Why any of them shouldn't be chosen to be a mod. Any ideas are welcome, Ill be liberal with the comments but try to stay on topic. Candidates thoughts and comments are as important as regular users so please debate as much as you like.

Comments
KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@charlie to be fair, this new mod affair concerns the highlights as well. I was expecting more people from the highlights to follow what happens on the forum and to come have a say for the voting.

ramaboy10 10 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

First 3 :)

charlie33 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 14 188

@kinghenry I guess you have a point, but most of the people in the highlights section do not even no what the forum is, so that is why they are probably not here

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@charlie yep and this guy has NO history of even commenting in the highlights so that's all the more suspicious. Anyone wants to have a wild guess of who this is ?

GunnerAFC 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal, England 47 1026

3 years ago I was a horny, frustrated teenager. I like to think that I've become a man now. Take what you will on what I said in the past. I'm focusing on the present now.

I'm not gonna hide from the comments I made back then when a vast majority of the users in the highlight section were all trolls. I was being a troll myself. Search for more. It doesn't bother me. I like to think that I've grown with the site as well as into a man... which kind of sounds wrong but you get what I mean, lol.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

3 years ago I was a horny, frustrated teenager. I like to think that I've become a man now. Take what you will on what I said in the past. I'm focusing on the present now.

I'm not gonna hide from the comments I made back then when a vast majority of the users in the highlight section were all trolls. I was being a troll myself. Search for more. It doesn't bother me. I like to think that I've grown with the site as well a man.

Vendetta 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

^Don't worry. Your comments from 3 years ago means jack sh*t to us now. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows exactly how awesome of a person you are.

Besides, we've all had our fair share of troll moments. Mine was obviously Trollman, but that is history.

• History

^Don't worry. Your comments from 3 years agomeans jack sh*t to us now. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows exactly how awesome of a person you are.

Besides, we've all had our fair share of troll moments. Mine was obviously Trollman, but that is history.

shpalman 10 years ago Edited
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

so here is where we're supposed to write the "VOTE ME" thingy? :D
i've read this thread yesterday night but i was too tired to post.

again i want to thank all the fellows who think that i may do good as a mod. i gave my availability because i care about this site, so if there's a chance to make it better then i'll be happy to help. like the little Santa helpers.

for those who don't know me that much, i can say i'm around since FR was in beta, after long time as visitor i eventually decided to sign up for good, in 1 month i will hit the 2 year mark as registered user.
as GunnerAFC said, the reason you don't see my name around too often is because i don't like to get into arguments... in more than 2 years of permanence on FR i've had 2 "serious" arguments, with Tiki_taka and Dynastian. yet in these days i saw Tiki doing my name as mod, and i'm very glad for that. not because he suggested me as mod, but because i think he understood what kind of person i am. as i understood him as well.

as FR member, i don't belong to any gang and i tend to be very neutral in the debates, even because i support AC Milan, so very neutral when it comes to EPL or La Liga. in general i do not thumb up and support some bullcr*p (which might even offend someone else) just because "my buddy" wrote it. i treat everyone the same, and this is my usual approach, even without being mod. i respect all people's opinions when i see that are genuinely formulated and related to football.

respect, this is what there should be at the base of a community, especially if it's sport related. we are Football fans, of course we have different, many times opposite, crushing point of views, again: we are Football fans.
and, as true Football fans, we should care more about the game and less about personal issues. a Football forum without mocking, arguing and teasing would be very boring. but one thing is when that mocking, arguing and teasing is directed towards people on a personal level, another completely different thing is when those things are purely Football related, in a healty goliardic fashion.

how do the real football fans do? they mock each other, their respective clubs, but then at the end of the day they all go eat and drink together. tell me, i'm sure you all have buddies in real life who have different opinions in football matters; do you end insulting and kicking eachother's ass everytime you talk football? no.

when i went to high school, every morning i had to take the bus and drive for 30min with it. every morning i had to take the whole freaking Lazio chants in my left ear, from a buddy of mine. i hated it, he made me hate Lazio with all my heart. we mocked eachother, oh man how many debates we had. we were and we are still best friends.

that should be the spirit here on FR too.

FR is a multicultural football community, that means that when you want to be part of this community, you have to be able to cohexist with, respect and accept other people's opinion, no matter how different from yours.
if you aren't able to do that, then there are plenty of Club/League focused communities, feel free to join one of those.

this is my way of thinking concerning FR. if i'll be called to moderate the boards i'll see to keep things healthy among members.

the quality of a community is what makes a site truly special, and i think that FR deserves a great, bigger and better community, in all honesty. whoever is called to help out, i'm sure cares about this as well :)

• History

so here is where we're supposed to write the "VOTE ME" thingy? :D
i've read this thread yesterday night but i was too tired to post.

again i want to thank all the fellows who think that i may do good as a mod. i gave my availability because i care about this site, so if there's a chance to make it better then i'll be happy to help. like the little Santa helpers.

for those who don't know me that much, i can say i'm around since FR was in beta, after long time as visitor i eventually decided to sign up for good, in 1 month i will hit the 2 year mark as registered user.
as GunnerAFC said, the reason you don't see my name around too often is because i don't like to get into arguments... in more than 2 years of permanence on FR i've had 2 "serious" arguments, with Tiki_taka and Dynastian. yet in these days i saw Tiki doing my name as mod, and i'm very glad for that. not because he suggested me as mod, but because i think he understood what kind of person i am. as i understood him as well.

as FR member, i don't belong to any gang and i tend to be very neutral in the debates, even because i support AC Milan, so very neutral when it comes to EPL or La Liga. in general i do not thumb up and support some bullcr*p (which might even offend someone else) just because "my buddy" wrote it. i treat everyone the same, and this is my usual approach, even without being mod. i respect all people's opinions when i see that are genuinely formulated and related to football.

respect, this is what there should be at the base of a community, especially if it's sport related. we are Football fans, of course we have different, many times opposite, crushing point of views, again: we are Football fans.
and, as true Football fans, we should care more about the game and less about personal issues. a Football forum without mocking, arguing and teasing would be very boring. but one thing is when that mocking, arguing and teasing is directed towards people on a personal level, another completely different thing is when those things are purely Football related, in a healty goliardic fashion.

how do the real football fans do? they mock each other, their respective clubs, but then at the end of the day they all go eat and drink together. tell me, i'm sure you all have buddies in real life who have different opinions in football matters; do you end insulting and kicking eachother's ass everytime you talk football? no.

when i went to high school, every morning i had to take the bus and drive for 30min with it. every morning i had to take the whole freaking Lazio chants in my left ear, from a buddy of mine. i hated it, he made me hate Lazio with all my heart. we mocked eachother, oh man how many debates we had. we were and we are still best friends.

that should be the spirit here on FR too.

FR is a multicultural football community, that means that when you want to be part of this community, you have to be able to cohexist with, respect and accept other people's opinion, no matter how different from yours.
if you aren't able to do that, then there are plenty of Club/League focused communities, feel free to enjoy one of those.

this is my way of thinking concerning FR. if i'll be called to moderate the boards i'll see to keep things healthy among members.

the quality of a community is what makes a site truly special, and i think that FR deserves a great, bigger and better community, in all honesty. whoever is called to help out, i'm sure cares about this as well :)

AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@blackandwhite:

why pop out now like this? i hope you understand you are putting me in an awkward position lol.

@soccerboss:

if one doesn't post 5 times per day, doesn't mean he's not present :)

• History

@blackandwhite:

why pop out now like this? i hope you understand you are putting me in an awkward position lol.

Emrecan_58 10 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

^ lol, don't worry. We know it's not you :D

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@Emre
heh i hope so, i think i'm one of those really-really-few members who never had multiaccounts on here D:

KingHenry 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@shpalman good stuff, I'll say that among the four candidates I would have chosen you last, but after reading this I'm more than okay with you being a mod and I had a wrong opinion of you. At this point I can't really decide who I'd like most to become a mod but I'll stick with Vendetta for now.

• History

@shpalman good stuff, I'll say that among the four candidates I would have chosen you last, but after reading this I'm more than okay with you being a mod and I had a wrong opinion of you. At this point I can't really who I'd like most to become a mod but I'll stick with Vendetta for now.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@shpalman: not -really-really-few. But it's sad that so many ppl has multiple accounts

• History

@shpalman: not -really-really-few. But it's sad that so many ppl has multiple accounts?

AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@tuan_jinn
in my opinion: why would you need a multiple account? even if much has been said about it, we can open another thread about that. i mean to not derail this one :D

@Heisinburg
i can't find the words mate, feeling very emotional reading your words.
about why i made your name, because you're one of the pillars of this community, you've seen them all, and you're still here. edit: and same goes for Koldimere, always bringing fresh air and a smile with some witty post.
you guys know my opinion about you, meaning also Wolfie, Lodatz and Tiki_taka and others too.

• History

@tuan_jinn
in my opinion: why would you need a multiple account? even if much has been said about it, we can open another thread about that. i mean to not derail this one :D

@Heisinburg

@tuan_jinn

@Heisinburg
about why i made your name, because you're one of the pillars of this community, you've seen them all, and you're still here.

koldimere 10 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

GunnerAFC's been with me in Footyroom since its inception. I'm sorry to the other users but I can't see anyone else being a candidate for the mod. He's an old active user (unlike me my activity's been diminished badly due to Nursing school), he knows what he doing and he's had immense experience with this website. He has witnessed its growth and its dark times as well. So I really don't see any reason as to why GunnerAFC shouldn't be the mod. Good luck bro!

koldimere 10 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

@shpalman oh crap I didn't read the last part. Thanks bro! :D

Want a witty quote by a famous wise man?

WayneRooney 10 years ago
Manchester United, Argentina 52 488

u guys u guys lets all calm down, why dont u just pick me :P

liomessi10 10 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

congrats @ emrecan, vendetta, shpalman, and gunnerafc.

liomessi10 10 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

charlie33 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 14 188

you changed your profile pic koldemire :(

Walortromers 5 years ago
Eupen, Belgium 0 1

I like sport, because sport is life! I have been involved in many sports. These were yoga, running, gym. But I want to try something new. I want to learn to play golf. I [think this is a beautiful sport. I'm looking for matching clubs now. I found some reviews about it on. Maybe you will tell something? What do you think about this?