Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

MOURINHO LEAVES
iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Very surprised by this, even when I wanted him to leave. It says a lot when you lose a derby game, but there's a lot more to it with this exit. Good riddance or bad timing? Let's go~

Comments
the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

mourinho creates the toxic environment himself, how many funny interviews are there week after week? media is part of it but his reaction is begging the media to create a headline. he is not 100% to blame for man utd's problem but he is not making things better that's why I am saying what kind of apology are you expecting lol.

wenger gave arsenal new stadium, premier league million years ago and recently FA cup but "wenger out" team doesn't owe him an apology still. some things needs change, some things don't go well together, time to act.

liverpool fans move on from benitez; real madrid fans move on from ancelotti; arsenal move on from wenger; barcelona fans move on from pep; iker casillas move on from madrid; leicester fans move on from ranieri; mourinho fans need to move on as well.

Credit to mourinho for his discipline and mentality but he is not the man for man utd, simple as. Football sackings can be unfair at times but that's the harsh reality and part of the game.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

As a footballer with a very good contract combined with a ManU prestige level club to play for why the hell would you be concerned about your managers interviews? When your team is falling apart you will just quit because you don't like your manager and his interviews? Personally I find it completely unprofessional.

If you want to leave the club you have talks with your manager, the club, your agent and simply make it a gentle process for both sides. Unless you received abuse from your manager or anyone related to the club, quitting and giving up while getting paid thousands of dollars each week its pathetic in my eyes. It is simple maths honestly. People get paid below average and still do their work why can't footballers play some football for those millions they get? The fame? The women? The cars? I am grinding years for a simple sports car when they can get 10 of them in 1 month of PLAYING football not WORKING but kicking a ball.

That's just my opinion of course.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Mourinho left and United starts to unload players that Mourinho didn’t want and buys players that Mourinho wanted.

Mourinho wanted Ivan Perisic (Inter, Croatia) to join Man Utd, but the higher ups said no. Ivan does not sell shirts. He is not good for business.

So they 'convince' Mourinho to do a swap deal Alexis x Henrikh with Arsenal, because Arsenal desperately needed a midfielder and Man United needed an attacking player who could keep the team forward.

Alexis sell shirts, that was why the higher ups wanted him instead of Ivan, despite Mourinho never wanted Alexis in first place.

Also, Mourinho wanted Sadio Mane (2016) and Fabinho (2018) to join Man Utd but again, the higher up said no. Neither of them can sell shirt or so they said... Mane and Fabinho ended up joining Liverpool.

Mourinho wanted McGuire but united said he wasn’t good buy and too expensive yet now they paid more and turns out kid is talented.

Mourinho said Pogba must be disciplined but board and fans took side with Pogba and recently he openly talked about leaving. Still doesn’t add much to midfield and plays sloppy. Yet, he sells shirts. Good business.

2018 December. Jose got sacked
2019 May. Man Utd finished 6th and trophyless
2019 June. Liverpool won Champions League

Time is a funny thing. It puts everything into perspectives.

Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

8 months later still trying to justify how shitty Mourinho was at United?

Thanks god we got rid of him, best move of the season.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

I don’t justify Mourinho. I just pointed out facts of how pathetic your club looks after dismissing Mourinho getting the player he begged to get and addressing the issues he constantly asked to be addressed. Also, how pathetic board is to fire Moyes, Van Gahl and then Mourinho for stupid reasons. I bet Ole will have the same fate.

Hey Chelsea isn’t different in that aspect and I am just watching how long Lampard will last, but at least we see the core issue yet united fans still looking for next Ferguson. How can you create next Ferguson when fundamentally your club’s back office has lost core strategy and values? If Ferguson was hired as young manager now rather than back in late 80s then he would have be thrown under the bus exactly same way as Moyes who was hailed as successor.

Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Its not pathetic reasons to be honest, Moyes was handed a title winning team and left it at 7th place. Mourinho and Van Gaal had theri seasons to build a team and failed to do so. Mourinho was given many players to build the team but beyond the players we had we never managed to play to the level that was expected. All of that added to the fact he lost the dressing room as he usually does.
We signed 2 center backs under Mourinho, to build an aspect he considered key. Then we signed one of the best strikers in the league, we had our record signing in Pogba, and got one of the best premier league in recent years. He also chose to bring in an ageing Matic as his trusted midfielder when there where waay better choices around. Only to bring Fred into the club a season later... Maybe not all the signings where his 1st choice of players but we spent a ton of money into the team while he was the coach, he must have had some big responsibility with most of them.

Im not really convinced what you say about Mourinho wanting players that ended up being stars is true. Anyways It wouldn't surprise me that our board wuld to do such things being so out of touch in regards to the sport.

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago Edited

Àlthough it's no secret that United's board management is a shamble, there are some bold statements you've made, Marcus, that just isn't entirely true at all.

First off,

Mourinho wanted Ivan Perisic (Inter, Croatia) to join Man Utd, but the higher ups said no. Ivan does not sell shirts. He is not good for business.

Partly true, but the board also must have been swayed by Inter's demand for a ridiculously high fee on a player who very well looked to be declining from peak level. The negotiation at that time looked to be a complete rip off, and some would say that the recent Lukaku deal was an act of retaliation (by us) because of it. Looking at where Perisic is at now, I'd say we dodged a bullet, but that's not to say we haven't suffered without winger at that time, because we did.

So they 'convince' Mourinho to do a swap deal Alexis x Henrikh with Arsenal, because Arsenal desperately needed a midfielder and Man United needed an attacking player who could keep the team forward. Alexis sell shirts, that was why the higher ups wanted him instead of Ivan, despite Mourinho never wanted Alexis in first place.

Through a business perspective, this may be true, but you missed out on the fact that City were also favourites to grab his signature as well at that time. Signing Sanchez looked to be a political decision by the board, more than a footballing decision, but of course we also had an unsettled player in Mhki at the time who made the transfer swap reasonably justified, from a footballing perspective. In my opinion, the Sanchez signing had more political motive than anything else, since we're also paying the price of his currently ridiculous wage. Should he had ended up at City, who knows if they could have scored more than 100 points, that season.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Àlthough it's no secret that United's board management is a shamble, there's some bold statements you've made, Marcus, that just isn't true at all.

First off,

Partly true, but the board also must have been swayed by Inter's demand for a ridiculously high fee on a player who very well looked to be declining from peak level. The negotiation at that time looked to be a complete rip off, and some would say that the recent Lukaku deal was an act of retaliation (by us) because of it. Looking at where Perisic is at now, I'd say we dodged a bullet, but that's not to say we haven't suffered without winger at that time, because we did.

So they 'convince' Mourinho to do a swap deal Alexis x Henrikh with Arsenal, because Arsenal desperately needed a midfielder and Man United needed an attacking player who could keep the team forward. Alexis sell shirts, that was why the higher ups wanted him instead of Ivan, despite Mourinho never wanted Alexis in first place.

Through a business perspective, this may be true, but you missed out on the fact that City were also favourites to grab his signature as well at that time. Signing Sanchez looked to be a political decision by the board, more than a footballing decision, but of course we also had an unsettled player in Mhki at the time who made the transfer swap reasonably justified, from a footballing perspective. In my opinion, the Sanchez signing had more political motive than anything else, since we're also paying the price of his currently ridiculous wage. Should he had ended up at City, who knows if they could have scored more than 100 points, that season.

Àlthough it's no secret that United's board management is a shamble, there are some bold statements you've made, Marcus, that just isn't true at all.

First off,

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago

Secondly,

Mourinho wanted McGuire but united said he wasn’t good buy and too expensive yet now they paid more and turns out kid is talented.

Not a good argument because you're completely ignoring the context of both situations (Mourinhos and Oles).
Under Mourinho, we signed Lindelof for 35 - 45M (add ons included), plus Baily for 30M. That's already 75M altogether, on two CBs alone. At that time also, we needed a winger more than anything, and the Maguire links were simply a smokescreen to cover up the blows that were made regarding the Perisic deal negotiations.

What you also ignored was the fact that Maguire was never our first CB target, it was Koulibaily - and if it wasn't him, it was then De Ligt - but since we missed out on both, Leicester played their hands well in knowing we were desperate for a CB now more than ever, so you can imagine how they were able to grab 80M off of us, under the circumstances. The board would never had paid them 60M for Maguire at that time when Mourinho was in charge, never in a million years.

Mourinho said Pogba must be disciplined but board and fans took side with Pogba and recently he openly talked about leaving.

Not entirely true.
Not every fan took Pogba's side in that situation. In fact, a lot of us empathised with Mourinho because after what has happened with 2 of his predecessors, we know how the Player-Power can influence the game. So no, I blamed the players more than Mourinho for his departure. That's not to say that Mourinho didn't contribute to the toxic environment the club was in, he was very well part of this too, so the sack was also justified. The only thing that wasn't to my liking was the timing of his departure, but after how things turned out when Ole took over, it seemed that the risk was well-rewarded.

Still doesn’t add much to midfield and plays sloppy. Yet, he sells shirts. Good business.

This is the part that annoys me the most.
The myth about Pogba being "lazy" and not adding much to our style of play is complete bollocks. He's distinctively talented amongst the rest in our midfield line-up, and believe or not, he actually does work his socks off in a lot of games more than anyone else. The only reason why he's getting all the blame is because of how the media circles jerks around him daily. If you've been watching our games week in-week out, last season, you would be questioning more about the work rate of our forward players rather, more than anything.

Yes, he doesn't shut up about him wanting "a new challenge", but just because a player moans about leaving doesn't mean the club should abide by it. He's still under contract, and until we receive the respectable fee and time for a replacement, he's not going anywhere. Not like we're trying to tie him down or anything, because he looks to be enjoying himself in the training sessions recently.

ashwin1729 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Moyes was the stupidest hire in sports history. There were some pretty bad hires, but this was downright bollocks. I mean my grandmom could have had the team finish 7th and she doesn't know anything about football.

Sacking LVG was on borderline- he deserved one more season. The team lost its plot in the second half- I think he was buried by the players he bought- notably Darmian.

Mou was a case of "me against the world" mentality. It works great when you're not a big club like Madrid or United. And players needed to buy into his defensive game. United's squad isn't a defensive squad; not built for that. Some of our buys were questionable. The squad is built for counter. What I don't understand is why he didn't chose to counter more than what he did. Ole has exploited this exceptionally well. End of the day, I'd say he deserved to last till the end of the season. I'm sure we wouldn't have been trashed 6-1 by Barcelona if he were the coach. It would have been a respectable 2-1 or a 3-1. Or knowing him, we would have made the semi-finals or even finals like how we threw the league in run for Europa.

Ole, like I said above, has mastered the art of counter attack. It brings back memories of Fergie's earlier times when United were still establishing themselves to belong in the top ranks. You go one goal down against United, forget it. You're not winning the game any more. But the difference between Ole and Fergie's earlier teams is the dogged determination. Fergies teams-when down by a goal or even 2, kept attacking till they got that goal. This united team doesn't have that skill yet. There are a couple of players - Rashford, (Herrera till last season), Lingard, and Shaw who you can notice the difference in attitude, but the rest depends on their mood. Until he figures this out, Ole's teams won't win the big trophies.

SunFlash 5 years ago
USA 19 3260

Hindsight makes for experts of us all.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Also, Mourinho wanted Sadio Mane (2016) and Fabinho (2018) to join Man Utd but again, the higher up said no. Neither of them can sell shirt or so they said... Mane and Fabinho ended up joining Liverpool.

lol, don't blame this on higher ups. Mane himself said no to United.

however United problem is Ed Woodward, that man is absolutely clueless about football. that's like when Arsenal had Gazidis, exactly same problem.

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited

@tuanis

Question remains the same: were they really his signings? I always thought Mourinho buying Lukaku is the oddest move because Jose and him never really hit it off at Chelsea. Pogba was wanted before Jose joined but perhaps Mourinho didn't see him as good CDM or CM that he needs in this team to fit to his philosophy so he bought Matic. Point is if club brings manager in to win titles instantly then give the tools not throw him under the bus and running away from the strategy. Boards strategy is always different to managers. And manager is the one that fields and lines up these players. I Don't believe that board gave proper backing Mourinho and i doubt they will do it differently to Ole.

Yes @sunflash in hindsight we are all experts but time has shown that Mourinho was sacrificed like a goat. Yes, his war with press can be tiring but do you trust media? These scums already trying to undermine our manager Lampard, and also they were twisting words of Mourinho ( who is now pundit at SkySports) to instigate a fight with Lampard. What a scumbags, but no one holds them accountable.

Aside from his antics: he asked players and never got proper players. Ok then why back him with 18 months contract and then betray him few months later? That just shows how fundamentally back office lost their plot.

Jurgen Klopp lost CL final of 2018 due to goalkeeper. Following season board bought him world class goalkeeper. Klopp now has CL 2019 in his pocket, and on top he got players he wished for. He was never sacked for mediocre football Liverpool was playing several seasons before that happened. That is because board had faith in their strategy and believed that with time Klopp will find the right players to create the right dynamics in the squad. He got rid of many players along this process.

Pep Guardiola barely made into top 4, then he went to board asking them 4 defenders, plus other players in variety positions, all of whom he picked himself. Then he got rid off all the dead wood or players he felt will not follow fit to his management style. Either with me or out! Now, we praise him as amazing manager with fantastically strong team but have we forgotten his first season?

You know why your club spends so much but gets little back? Because you are under pressure which club's board created themselves. Pressure to perform and win the league right off the bat! That won't happen. It is a slow process. Pochetinho has been generously given time because board understood that in order for this club not to spend crazy amount but also get right players they need to take off the pressure.

United always go around looking for the next big players, and in return they get fcked with over priced and overrated players. Look at Chelsea : Every club knows that since Drogba left, we need quality striker. Only time we got quality striker is when we were cool headed and simply evaluated Costa's ability and we got real bargain. Then we went back to panic buying once again. That is why we constantly buy garbage strikers who can't perform. We don't take time to evaluate and step in with fair transfer offer at the right time.

I bet you all still demand United to win titles in two years, right? It won't happen. Mourinho coming second was a miracle with that team, and this year you will see it again why. Although, United seems to be starting to fix right areas . Mcquire is genuinely a very good buy. I was impressed with his performance.

Another main question isn't also whom to buy to make this United team better but who to sell so the dynamics in the team gets better! So these players feel more togetherness as well new fighting spirit. At Chelsea, Lampard offloaded Luiz and i fully support him for this because Luiz would have created more trouble in the dressing room being a senior player and not starting ahead of young defenders. United has many players Mourinho wanted to ship out, but board didn't allow him. Another mistake i think and same mistake is happening with Ole as he hasn't sold overrated players in the squad.

• History

@tuanis

Question remains the same: were they really his signings? I always thought Mourinho buying Lukaku is the oddest move because Jose and him never really hit it off at Chelsea. Yes @sunflash in hindsight we are all experts but time has shown that Mourinho was sacrificed like a goat. Yes, his war with press can be tiring but do you trust media? These scums already trying to undermine our manager Lampard, and also they were twisting words of Mourinho ( who is now pundit at SkySports) to instigate a fight with Lampard. What a scumbags, but no one holds them accountable.

Aside from his antics: he asked players and never got proper players. Ok then why back him with 18 months contract and then betray him few months later? That just shows how fundamentally back office lost their plot.

Jurgen Klopp lost CL final of 2018 due to goalkeeper. Following season board bought him world class goalkeeper. Klopp now has CL 2019 in his pocket, and on top he got players he wished for. He was never sacked for mediocre football Liverpool was playing several seasons before that happened. That is because board had faith in their strategy and believed that with time Klopp will find the right players to create the right dynamics in the squad. He got rid of many players along this process.

Pep Guardiola barely made into top 4, then he went to board asking them 4 defenders, plus other players in variety positions, all of whom he picked himself. Then he got rid off all the dead wood or players he felt will not follow fit to his management style. Either with me or out! Now, we praise him as amazing manager with fantastically strong team but have we forgotten his first season?

You know why your club spends so much but gets little back? Because you are under pressure which club's board created themselves. Pressure to perform and win the league right off the bat! That won't happen. It is a slow process. Pochetinho has been generously given time because board understood that in order for this club not to spend crazy amount but also get right players they need to take off the pressure.

United always go around looking for the next big players, and in return they get fcked with over priced and overrated players. Look at Chelsea : Every club knows that since Drogba left, we need quality striker. Only time we got quality striker is when we were cool headed and simply evaluated Costa's ability and we got real bargain. Then we went back to panic buying once again. That is why we constantly buy garbage strikers who can't perform. We don't take time to evaluate and step in with fair transfer offer at the right time.

I bet you all still demand United to win titles in two years, right? It won't happen. Mourinho coming second was a miracle with that team, and this year you will see it again why. Although, United seems to be starting to fix right areas . Mcquire is genuinely a very good buy. I was impressed with his performance.

Another main question isn't also whom to buy to make this United team better but who to sell so the dynamics in the team gets better! So these players feel more togetherness as well new fighting spirit. At Chelsea, Lampard offloaded Luiz and i fully support him for this because Luiz would have created more trouble in the dressing room being a senior player and not starting ahead of young defenders. United has many players Mourinho wanted to ship out, but board didn't allow him. Another mistake i think and same mistake is happening with Ole as he hasn't sold overrated players in the squad.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@quikzy

Mane : Link please? Ofcourse, now he would say that it was a right decision to join Liverpool. Like sunflash said in hindsight, he makes it seem like he made a wise decision. Lol there is a lot more going on behind closed doors. I bet United thought he didn't worth that much.

Here is a mentality and strategy in transfers of Ed Woodward:

Go after Sanchez because City were after him, then they went after Fred because City were after him, they went after Pogba because everyone else was after him. CLUSTERFCK and Reality of United's transfer strategy. Same was with Lukaku. He was scoring these goals for Everton and they chased to buy him. This guy became overweight, and turned out to be overrated. ( I always thought he was overrated, one thing to score for Everton and whole another for big club like United)

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@iheart

I like how you mentioned the word " Context". I think United has forgotten that long days are gone when you can come to any club to bully them with big transfer offer and take their players away. That is why these transfers are ridiculous price tags. Perhaps, good idea would be change of context. Change the environment of being this desperate club chasing players like Spurs did. Spurs don't hunt any names. They just prepare for the season, and if they see they can reinforce in some areas, then they calmly make the move without pressure or desperation.

United created this context or environment for themselves because your stocks are burning and you are a global brand that must be winning titles. Board brings exactly the type of player that can win titles, then give him assurances and then decide that he we should be also involved heavily in transfer deals instead of backing him and telling to take it slow, so he picks right players for low prices.

Inter just loaned Perisic to Bayern recently with possibility of transfer? Right? . That just shows that someone isn't negotiating these transfers well.

The board would never had paid them 60M for Maguire at that time when
Mourinho was in charge, never in a million years.

Yet, now they paid 80 million. I think since Moyes days it was always obvious that UNITED MUST FIX THEIR DEFENSE.
Last, year Liverpool won CL because their defense was solid! Good defenses win you titles. Maquire is a solid buy that may become captain.

The only thing that wasn't to my liking was the timing of his
departure, but after how things turned out when Ole took over, it
seemed that the risk was well-rewarded.

Exactly, why give him extension then fire him? Also, how well did it turn out with Ole? Players simply started to play then Ole was exposed by better tacticians. He parked the bus in big games, and towards the end of season played the football you despised under Mourinho.

Yes, he doesn't shut up about him wanting "a new challenge", but just because a player moans about leaving doesn't mean the club should abide by it. He's still under contract, and until we receive the respectable fee and time for a replacement, he's not going anywhere.

You are ok to put up with mutiny in your club? He creates toxic environment within the team if he doesn't want to play for the team. There is a reason why players who are about transfer often separated from the team during trainings. There is a reason why EPL clubs all asked for transfer windows to be closed before season starts.

I like Pogba as a player. I always wanted him to join Chelsea but looking at his attitude, I am glad he isn't with us. Kid not only has mouth on him, but shows no respect to his current club. You should send Roy Keane and watch him act right immediately.

I agree he is talented, and should be given chance to prove his value, and perhaps he needs a good partner in midfield, but he needs to STFU. Just look at our experience with Rat - Courtois. He created toxic environment in the team. We got rid of him, and we couldn't be happier! Fcker even had sex with DeBruynes girlfriend. TRUE RAT and Backstabber! When you have one of these guys, club should cut them.

Like Ferguson said" No one is bigger than a club" and he told Pogba to hit the road.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@ashwin

Mou was a case of "me against the world" mentality.

I may sound like a broken record, but media does truly loves him. Look at his ratings. SkySports signed him as pundit and their views increased. His youtube videos gain so many views. He is phenomenal tactician, but also well spoken as pundit and elegant in his feedbacks. Clever, charismatic and can say somethings that no pundit even with managerial experience ever thought off.

Media loves to entice him. Twist his words, then say lies to another managers or twist Joses words so they can say something back at Jose. They like Mourinho who creates headlines. He doesn't choose voluntarily "me against the world" mentality.

Ole, like I said above, has mastered the art of counter attack.

Why do you say this? Is that because of 4-0 win over Chelsea? We made some incredible positional mistakes. I am not convinced yet about his style. We dominated United in midfield, and we had plenty of opportunities to change the game to our favor in first half if we have taken chances. United's defense was solid but it seems like Ole again not playing that amazing attacking football that United were used to see under Fergie.

So what is the philosophy or strategy of play under Ole? I think he is just in transition period, and trying to get right players. Maybe, then we will see his true strategy and tactics. So, far I don't see United much different to second half of last season.

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited

FYI something that came cross my mind today after watching United’s highlights and Pogba missing penalty.

Only Manchester United man that comes close to Pogbas ego was Ronaldo. Ronaldo was super famous among fans around the world before Instagram or Facebook went viral he was most followed footballer! Yet, Ronaldo put in 100% in trainings not letting this affect him and when he didn’t perform well he was devastated. Talk the talk walk the walk. Mourinho can sounds cocky but he walks the walk. Ibrahimovic has huge ego but he also backs it up. Pogba on the other hand, goes to social media to get more boost for his ego.

• History

FYI something that came cross my mind today after watching United’s highlights and Pogba missing penalty.

Only Manchester United man that comes close to Pogbas ego was Ronaldo. Yet, Ronaldo put in 100% in trainings and when he didn’t perform well he was devastated. Talk the talk walk the walk. Mourinho can sounds cocky but he walks the walk. Ibrahimovic has huge ego but he also backs it up. Pogba on the other hand, goes to social media to get more boost for his ego.