Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United's most likely starting 11 next season?
TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

Feel free to disagree. I am only speculating here based on some of the most unreliable transfer sources.

Comments
TheGame 9 years ago

@ashwin, haha you did! That's an insane line-up. I really like the 4-3-3 too:
---Lloris---
Darmian-Otamendi-Jones-Blind
--------Schweinsteiger--------
Mata---------------------Herrera
Di Maria----------------Depay
-------------Rooney------------

ashwin1729 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

^That is one attack minded lineup...half of the team defends...the other half plain attacks...problem with this line up is we lack physicality for EPL. Most likely an UCL lineup...against some teams from Spain.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Well, United looks scary now..

TheGame 9 years ago

@ashwin1729, that is our identity. We are not Chelsea haha. Remember the days when SAF would play a 4-4-2 formation with Giggs in the CM position!? If we learn to track back as a team and not play like a bunch of individuals, then that is a beastly formation. I am only taking LVG's style of total football into consideration.

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

-----------------------LLORIS-----------------------

DARMIAN--------JONES--------BLIND--------SHAW

----------------SCHWEINSTEIGER-----------------

------------MATA------------HERRERA------------

DI MARIA------------------------------------DEPAY

----------------------ROONEY----------------------

mladen 9 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

-----------------------LLORIS-----------------------

DARMIAN--------SMALING--------ROJO--------SHAW

----------------SCHNEIDERLIN-----------------

---SCHWEINSTEIGER------------HERRERA------------

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

-----------------------VALDES-----------------------

DARMIAN-----SMALLING-----BLIND----SHAW

----------------SCHWEINSTEIGER-----------------

------------MATA------------HERRERA------------

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I like the 4-3-3 except Smalling is better than Jones in my opinion.

TheGame 9 years ago

@mladen, scary formation mate! @Eden and @Lio, not sure about Blind in the center-back position...United just signed Schneiderlin and he, along with Schweinsteiger, both had their medical today. Well done to Ed Woodward for getting these deals done before the tour. Now for Otamendi and a top striker.

ashwin1729 9 years ago

So...who's going to be sold now? Damn, we now have 3 CDM's where we had 1.
@TheGame: I'm not saying we don't attack. I'm saying that team with Mata, Herrera lacks physicality...but will be extremely good in UCL. Now that RVP is gone...this only means one thing. We are going for Cavani and Bale. Most likely ADM will be sold to PSG.

TheGame 9 years ago

@ashwin, yes this Gaitan saga isn't going away and the only way he is coming is if Di Maria leaves. Also, for a striker do you think we're going for Benteke or someone better, in the ilk of Higuain or Cavani?

ashwin1729 9 years ago

I think LVG rates Cavani pretty highly...but then again, he doesn't really fancy South Americans that much. I'm actually surprised he brought ADM and Rojo in the first place...I think he'll go for Cavani. Should we go for Kane instead? I don't know. If we really need a striker, Reus isn't that bad either. But the problem with that is we already have way too many Left wingers...we need a right winger...Bale or Hulk aren't bad options. But if DiMaria/Mata play on the right, we're set. I'd say, give Janujaz another shot. If he sucks, we can sell him, and get another one...

TheGame 9 years ago

I think Kane is a liability as he could turn out to be a one-season wonder. So I'd say wait until next year to see if he is consistently class. Di Maria and Mata would be really good on the right side. We even have Valencia if need be. We could potentially play 50-60 games this season, so I see no reason why any player would be left out. I personally prefer Higuain as we can have the Argentine connection with Di Maria, but Benteke will do as well. He always seems to score against us but his price tag might put us off.

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Kane looks promising and has a big mental, started as a bench player, he got his chance in EL, he took it brilliantly, was called in the English U21 and scored goals, then he got a starter place and estblished himself quickly as the best Spurs player, got caped in Senior national team and scored quickly. Ended the season being rookie of the year and prooved to be clinical vs big four.
I dont find him really technical master or Football maestro, but he has the mental of a future legend, not ready yet to move into another club imo, he should confirm his good season to deserve a big price tag and to keep his progression and earn more experience in a team where there is less pressure.

On the other hand, i really dont think Benteke is United material, he is a good striker for a midtable team but not good enough when United will need him the most ( CL and big four games ). Same for Lukaku.

Higuain isnt consistant lately, United will overpay for him for no reason, Napoli president is one of the hardest in negotiating.
Cavani is amazing physically, will do wonders in PL, a little less in CL as he needs many chances to score, i personally dont think PSG would give him since Ibra is aging.
Martinez was the best striker deal of this summer, quality/price and available, i think that United would be smart to sign some Copa America performers, Aranguiz, Guerero or even Gonzales of basel are all cheap and good players.
Morata would be awesome, i also like Nolito, Gonzales, LaCazette, give Chicharito a chance...

My top 3 if i would Woodward would be Benzema, Kane and Morata. Benitez doesnt play with 4-3-3 and he decided to play Ronaldo as a 9 so i guess Benzema starting place could be a danger, Benzema would be the perfect player for United.

• History

Kane looks promising and has a big mental, started as a bench player, he got his chance in EL, he took it brilliantly, was called in the English U21 and scored goals, then he got a starter place and estblished himself quickly as the best Spurs player, got caped in Senior national team and scored quickly. Ended the season being rookie of the year and prooved to be clinical vs big four.

I dont find him really technical master or Football maestro, but he has the mental of a future legend, not ready yet to move into another club imo, he should confirm his good season to deserve a big price tag and to keep his progression and eran more experience in a team where there is less pressure.

On the other hand, i really dont think Benteke is United material, he is a good striker for a midtable team but not good enough when United will need him the most ( CL and big four games ). Same for Lukaku.

Higuain isnt consistant lately, United will overpay for him for no reason, Napoli president is one of the hardest in negotiating.

Cavani is amazing physically, will do wonders in PL, a little less in CL as he needs many chances to score, i personally dont think PSG would give him since Ibra is aging.

Martinez was the best striker deal of this summer, quality/price and available, i think that United would be smart to sign some Copa America performers, Aranguiz, Guerero or even Gonzales of basel are all cheap and outstanding.

Morata would be awesome, i also like Nolito, Gonzales, LaCazette, give Chicharito a chance...

My top 3 if i would Woodward would be Benzema, Kane and Morata. Benitez doesnt play with 4-3-3 and he decided to play Ronaldo as a 9 so i guess Benzema starting place could be a danger, Benzema would be the perfect player for United.

I dont find him really technical master or Football maestro, but he has the mental of a future legend, not ready yet to move into another club imo, he should confirm his good season to deserve a big price tag and to keep his progression and eran more experience in a team where there is less pressure.

Martinez was the best striker deal of this summer, quality/price and available, i think that United would be smart to sign some Copa America performers, Aranguiz, Guerero or even Gonzales of basel are all cheap and outstanding.

Martinez was the best striker deal of this summer, quality/price and available, i think that United would be smart to sign some Copa America performers, Aranguiz, Guerero or even Gonzales of basel are all cheap and good players.

TheGame 9 years ago

+1 Tiki. You broke it down perfectly. I do think Kane is a fantastic, hard-working striker, but I would much rather United wait and see how well he does on a consistent basis for Spurs before splashing major cash on him. I agree that Benteke and Lukaku, the belgium strike duo, aren't United material, but Higuain gets upwards of 20+ goals a season so I would definitely like to see him or Cavani in a red shirt. It is egregious how much we've paid RVP and Falcao last season only to get a grand total of 14 goals out of them BOTH.

Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

I think @TheGame's 4-3-3 would be perfect for United. I don't understand this fuss of "not being able to withstand the EPL's physicality". The sport is a technical sport as much as it is a physical sport. If Barcelona's diminutive team of 2008-11 can perform excellently against tough teams with big players like Real Madrid and Manchester United, then I don't understand why that United lineup is perceived as physically lacking.

However, I do understand that some of the weaker English teams play like animals and believe that they are on a rugby pitch, not a football one. That would frighten me too, because those teams don't play real football, they are just a group of brutes put together on a team. But I still believe that United's midfield and forwards are technically apt enough to perform at the highest level and help United finish in the Top 3 next season.

• History

I think @TheGame's 4-3-3 would be perfect for United. I don't understand this fuss of "not being able to withstand the EPL's physicality". The sport is a technical sport as much as it is a physical sport. If Barcelona's diminutive team of 2008-11 can perform excellently against tough teams with big players like Real Madrid and Manchester United, then I don't understand why that United lineup is perceived as physically lacking.

However, I do understand that some of the weaker English teams play like animals and believe that they are on a rugby pitch, not a football one. That would frighten me too, because those teams don't play real football, they are just a group of brutes put together on a team. But I believe that United's midfield and forwards are technically apt enough to perform at the highest level and come in the Top 3 next season.

TheGame 9 years ago

@D, your second paragraph hit the nail on the head. There are teams in the PL that are perfectly willing to defend for the entirety of 90 minutes and that's where you need a bit of physicality to assert your dominance in order to grab the 3 points. When the game is more open (like for example against City, Liverpool, Tottenham or Arsenal), United's attack-minded philosophy worked much better than against smaller teams (Villa, West Brom, West Ham, etc.) who were willing to stack the midfield and their back line. SAF understood this perfectly and he was always getting the right balance against almost every team he encountered. So there is credence to what @ashwin is saying, but I agree with you that the 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 formation would work much better now that we have personnel more adept to playing that style.