Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United's most likely starting 11 next season?
TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

Feel free to disagree. I am only speculating here based on some of the most unreliable transfer sources.

Comments
TheGame 9 years ago

UPDATED
Bench: Gundogan, Januzaj, Valdes, Valencia, Jones, Shaw, RVP

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Gundogan can't be on the bench

TheGame 9 years ago

^Who would you replace him with?

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Ramos? I doubt he's leaving. He's a club legend.

TheGame 9 years ago Edited

He is a club legend but he has achieved everything with Madrid. I applaud longevity but pursuing new challenges is a virtue in and of itself. Anyways, this is all purely speculation at this point and my starting 11 is based solely on recent rumors. I am sure it will look completely different by 9/1/15.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

He is a club legend but he has achieved everything with Madrid. I applaud longevity but pursuing new challenges is a virtue in and of itself. Anyways, this is all purely speculation at this point and my starting 11 is based solely on recent rumors. I am sure it will look completely different by 8/1/15.

liomessi10 9 years ago

@thegame i would would probably replace him with...
...well if i can't use him as starter than not get him.

liomessi10 9 years ago

Lol i would get in big trouble if i wrote 9/1/15 and not 1/9/15

ashwin1729 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

I don't want Ramos. He's getting close to 30. Has another 2-3 years of good football. Paying 40Mil for a 30yr CB is not worth it IMO.

@theGame: Carrick will start ahead of Schneiderlin. Shaw will probably start too. Blind will be an understudy for Carrick this season. I don't understand Schneiderlin's buy (if it were to happen)...gives LVG a lot of formations to tinker, which is good.But, I can only hope that we don't do as bad as this year...

For some reason I think Rafael will start next year unless he's injured again.

As for strikers, anyone know what happened with Pato? I know he was injured, and struggled with fitness. I'm sure he'll be available for cheap. That's a better option than Cavani..

liomessi10 9 years ago

@ashwin Lazio made offered about 6 mil for pato a few days ago.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

There is a huge obstacle to Ramos moving to United: Ronaldo. Ronaldo has seen Ozil, Alonso, and di Maria both depart. He was great friends with all three, and didn't appreciate them being 'kicked out' of the club (although Alonso genuinely wanted to leave, Ronaldo was upset that Perez didn't do more to convince him to stay). He even publicly stated that he was "upset" at Ozil's departure. Currently, it seems as if Ronaldo has called Ramos while Ramos is on his vacation to ask him if everything was alright. He reportedly told Ramos that he will back whatever decision Ramos makes for the future, but that the dressing room would not be the same without him. Perez has put up a 90.000.000 Euro price tag on Ramos, and Ramos' buy-out clause is valued at 128.000.000 Pounds. Ramos has been taking English lessons though, and has reportedly told Perez that he wants to leave to only Manchester United, and no other club.

Then again, how reliable are rumors.......

TheGame 9 years ago

@ashwin, well the reason for the Schneiderlin buy is 1) Carrick is too old to be involved in 4 competitions as a starter. 2) Blind is NOT an adequate no. 6 (great passer but too slow and defensively underwhelming). 3) If they were to both be injured (i.e. like the game against Chelsea at the Bridge where we played with Rooney in that deep role), we will be unable to play to our strengths. 4) We will become defensively better and, consequently, 5) Our attackers will have much needed security to do what they want up front with less worry on the defensive side of things. And Pato doesn't possess the same speed/finishing that he used to have. There are plenty of strikers on the market right now who we can target (Lukaku, Benteke, Cavani, Higuain, Benzema, Lacazette). Haha as a fan I really don't care about the money United spend, because we are the most valuable club in the world and its not my money. I want to see us succeed.

@D, what about the bigger obstacle to Ramos staying? Perez. Their relationship isn't exactly rainbows and butterflies. If this is just a publicity stunt by Ramos to get a better contract, then shame on him. But at this time, given that De Gea hasn't moved, I DO appreciate any trouble we can stir up in the Madrid camp. It is ridiculous how stingy/cheap your club are being with regards to buying Spain's (and potentially the world's) best goalkeeper.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@TheGame

To be fair, it's Perez calling all the shots, and he's a horrible representative of Real as a footballing identity. I would just pay the 25+ Million and get it over with. And yes, Ramos is notorious for using publicity stunts to get a better contract. According to his mother, he's not moving anywhere. But Perez doesn't have a great relationship with anyone in the club. The players either dislike him or don't have a relationship with him at all. Perez does, however, value Ramos and Casillas because they are both club icons, and Ramos was the first player Perez ever purchased. I don't believe Perez will want to let Ramos go unless Ramos genuinely wants to leave, proven by the 90 Mil price tag he's slapped onto Sergio.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

As we've seen time and time again (Ronaldo immediately comes to mind) if a player really wants to leave they will. United had just come off a couple solid years of CL and league, while Madrid wasn't up to par, and Ronaldo left anyway because that's where he really wanted to be. That being said, I highly doubt Ramos is serious about leaving.

ashwin1729 9 years ago

@TheGame: Yes, injuries are a concern, and it will make our squad stronger, but it may upset the team chemistry if LVG doesn't get it right. As for the purchases, I still like the old United way...where we buy young talent, and develop them into world beaters. That has always been the United way. Fergie bought players, but he was buying them to fill gaps...this is just madness don't you think? A certain Ruud van Nistelrooy was also written off by everyone after a knee surgery. Look how he turned out to be. I think Pato for 6 mil is a worthy gamble. You don't get anything for 6 mil these days..

TheGame 9 years ago

@ashwin, I don't think it will upset the chemistry of the team because LVG is addressing a need in this situation and not buying for the sake of buying. I am not, with absolute certainty, suggesting that Pato would be a terrible buy. What I am saying is that he is not a striker who will get us 20+ goals a season in the PL. We didn't have that type of player (20+ goal striker) last year, which United always has during a successful season. I for one would be happy to let Rooney play up front where he is most dangerous, but I am done with RVP. RVP still can offer a lot, but not as a starting role, which he will not appreciate. Therefore, selling him and getting another TOP class striker would be best for us at this time. In terms of youngsters, LVG has done a great job giving Wilson, Blackett, Januzaj, McNair, James, and Pereira all chances. How many of Europe's elite managers have done that? In some ways, he is promoting youth better than SAF. United have always been the club that breaks transfer records and I don't see our team becoming a group of mercenaries like City.

ashwin1729 9 years ago

@TheGame: Yes, I don't think Pato will give us 20 goals a season. But he is a good steal for 6 mil. Can at least give Wilson and others some competition.
As for the team chemistry, I don't know. Who are we pairing with Schneiderlin? Carrick/Blind with him is a pretty bad combination. Herrera is the only option. What if Herrera is injured? Where does Fellaini fit in all this? I'm sure LVG has some plan. I just hope that we don't have a similar start as this year next year when he tinkers with the formations.
Yes, we have always broken transfer records, but for the one player we needed that year. diMaria was decent when he came, but lost his place to Young. Now, that is something to think about. Was he just out of form or was he not in sync with the team mates? I hope whatever reason, he will click this year. Or it will be a waste of 60 mil.
I like that LVG is giving youngsters some opportunities. Hope that we will be back like United of the old...we never went more than 3 years with out a trophy under Fergie....this is the 3rd year since he retired...lets see.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

di Maria is worth the money if LVG actually learns to use him. It's like Wenger playing Ozil on the wing all over again. If you want di Maria to perform the same way he did in his final season at Madrid, play him in the same position. Put him in CM next to Hererra and in front of a good DM, and he will perform great. Of course he will never have the same numbers as he did in Madrid. Ozil will never have those numbers either. There is a massive difference between Higuain, Benzema, Ronaldo, Bale and the United/Arsenal squads. But those players must be played in the positions they are most successful at in order to get your full money's worth. Otherwise, di Maria is always going to be a waste of 80 million Euros.

ashwin1729 9 years ago

Actually, United is not that far off if Rooney plays upfront, and RVP is fit too. Real's real because every player on the squad is like top 5 in the position.

TheGame 9 years ago

Oh the possibilities:

ashwin1729 9 years ago

@TheGame: Called the 4th one!! :P I think Jones will take Rojo's spot.