Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United players and Jose Mourinho
trimind 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Canada 3 533

My heart was shattered after today's game. Just shattered.

Is the result of 3-0 defeat marking the end of the 2018-2019 season for Manchester United? Before attempting to answer this question, there are several points I want to be clear.

There are two things I would like to discuss about the players and the coach.
1) People demanded for new players, for replacement of several positions on the field. It certainly is a sensible option. Are the players performing to their level? Are they playing well as a group? Are they playing with freedom and desire? Or are they just playing bad because they are just not good enough? What I saw from today's game is just not one or two players under-perform. It is nearly the team. There are one or two positions that I think the team is severely lacking in depth and quality, but that is not an excuse. That is something we can make up in the next transfer window, and preferably in the summer transfer window. History showed that ManU players bought in winter transfer window usually did not make it for the club. They needed time and games to adapt to the new environment. Hence, basically, if we want to strengthen the squad, we need to to wait until the next summer. Right now, ManU did not have that kind of luxury, so forget all the acquisition of World Class players, we need to focus on what is important right now. The cohesive of the team and the tactical style of ManU. #Cohesive #United #MoreAttackingStyle #YouthPlayers.

Instead of pointing the fingers to this player and that player to say he is sucked or whatever, it maybe time to sit down and reflect, and how to effectively use the players in the best scenarios. And oh, do not forget, ManU do have some very quality, up-and-coming defenders, in the like of Timothy Fosu Mensah, A. Tuanzebe and R. Williams. They have huge potential and given more game time, they will become something special for the club. Utilizing youth players from our academy is always the tradition of ManU, and we are proud of that. #Tradition #FergieKids

So what I am looking for from our players are their reaction to defeat. I am looking for their burning desire to perform, to fight, and to get the result for the club. If a player's heart is no longer at the club, then let him leave even if it grieves us. I am talking about Martial and Pogba, they are great players, one with huge potential and the other is world class. Losing them will be a real hit to any team, but no player is bigger than the team. There is no use in keeping players who do not want to be part of the club. If they still want to play for ManU, they will have to earn it in the training ground and in the upcoming match. #HeartBroken #LetThemLeave #NoPlayerIsBiggerThanTheTeam #Discipline

2) Mourinho - the coach : let's be honest here. we are spending hundreds of millions of dollars in the transfer market in the last few seasons, and according to Mourinho, it is still not a complete squad. Much to the dismay and surprisingly stubborn head of Woodward, things needed to be done are not done. #HugeMoneySpent #Wasteful

What I do not like about Mourinho, is his game style of parking the bus and defensive minded. It may have won us games in certain knockout stage, but that playing style is ugly, and it is not even effective for ManU. Last year's result proved it. Mou playing style is outdated, and the fans absolutely hate it. We know the playing style of ManU is fast attacking style by using classy wingers in the 4-4-2 formation, or the adaptation of 4-3-3 formation. Playing of one-touch soccer and crossing and dribbling has always been ManU forte. It's in our blood and vein. It's in ManU DNA!!! That playing style defines ManU, and no coach or manager is greater than the club! It is just that simple. #DefendIsBoring #Attacking #MoreAttacking #ManUnitedStyle

As much as my dislike for Mou's playing style, I want Mou to stay until the end of this season. People are asking for a change, people are looking for a sack. But the new coach/manger would need time to work with the players, he needs time to make the players familiar with the new tactics and he needs time to understand the players. Everything is taking time, and we do not have that kind of luxury either. We can talk and discuss about the change of management, when this season coming to an end, which I do think we need a new manager, who is more suitable for the club.

So, what do we do now? All hope seems lost? The answer is NO.
We need to find a short term solution for both the players and the coach. ManU needs to play every single game with the utmost desire to win. We need to treat every single game as if it is a cup final. The team (with us fans supporting) need to fight for the result. The team need to fight for every single ball. The coach needs to keep his head up and keeps the team morale high. He needs to let the team know, they are not just playing regular games, they are playing for the fans, they are playing for the pride of ManU, to show how good they are, to show how ManU are made of!!! What I am looking for from the team and the coach is their reaction, instant reaction! #Fight #EveryGameIsAFight #NeverBackDown

The result from the loss against Spurs is bad, but there is some slimmer of hope. At least, I saw a much more attacking oriented ManU, I saw how Mou ordered the team to press high up, and attempt more attacking soccer. Yes, we lose, but that is not the end. I do hope for a bounce back in the next week's game. Result in the next game will not matter to me, but the reaction from the players and the coach would be crucial. As a truly and loyal ManU fan, I will stick and support the team with all my heart. You guys won't hear any more complain about the coach or pointing the fingers at any players. We won't need that kind of reaction (from the fans). We need to show more faith in the team, and support, and give them will to fight. I believe in the team. And let's ManU keep going. #ManUNeedMoreSupport #LoyalFan #FightingSpirit

AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, THERE IS ALWAYS LIGHT.

Thanks guys for reading this, and let me know your opinion.

GameOn #Fight #MoreFight #ManUnited

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

My heart was shattered after today's game. Just shattered.

Is the result of 3-0 defeat marking the end of the 2018-2019 season for Manchester United? Before attempting to answer this question, there are several points I want to be clear.

There are two things I would like to discuss about the players and the coach.
1) People demanded for new players, for replacement of several positions on the field. It certainly is a sensible option. Are the players performing to their level? Are they playing well as a group? Are they playing with freedom and desire? Or are they just playing bad because they are just not good enough? What I saw from today's game is just not one or two players under-perform. It is nearly the team. There are one or two positions that I think the team is severely lacking in depth and quality, but that is not an excuse. That is something we can make up in the next transfer window, and preferably in the summer transfer window. History showed that ManU players bought in winter transfer window usually did not make it for the club. They needed time and games to adapt to the new environment. Hence, basically, if we want to strengthen the squad, we need to to wait until the next summer. Right now, ManU did not have that kind of luxury, so forget all the acquisition of World Class players, we need to focus on what is important right now. The cohesive of the team and the tactical style of ManU. #Cohesive #United #MoreAttackingStyle #YouthPlayers.

Instead of pointing the fingers to this player and that player to say he is sucked or whatever, it maybe time to sit down and reflect, and how to effectively use the players in the best scenarios. And oh, do not forget, ManU do have some very quality, up-and-coming defenders, in the like of Timothy Fosu Mensah, A. Tuanzebe and R. Williams. They have huge potential and given more game time, they will become something special for the club. Utilizing youth players from our academy is always the tradition of ManU, and we are proud of that. #Tradition #FergieKids

So what I am looking for from our players are their reaction to defeat. I am looking for their burning desire to perform, to fight, and to get the result from the club. If a player's heart is no longer at the club, then let him leave even if it grieves us. I am talking about Martial and Pogba, they are great players, one with huge potential and the other is world class. Losing them will be a real hit to any team, but no player is bigger than the team. There is no use in keeping players who do not want to be part of the club. If they still want to play for ManU, they will have to earn it in the training ground and in the upcoming match. #HeartBroken #LetThemLeave #NoPlayerIsBiggerThanTheTeam

Comments
Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Aguero wouldn't have fit into our system. Our team was build to have a big target man striker. That is why Torres seemed like a great alternative. That is why we also bought Ba then finally got Costa who can play by himself out there and create chance or hold the ball just like Drogba used to do for us.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@amir

Oh we are enjoying it a lot!! Finally after so many years of arrogance and trash talking, they are being humbled down. Still, we don't give them as much crap as they used to other clubs. I am not talking online only but mainly on the stadium with their chants and despicable behaviors.

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11432

@amir I'm not enjoying it but I guess I understand some people do. So go ahead and enjoy United turmoil I guess. :P

Aguero wouldn't have fit into our system. Our team was build to have a big target man striker. That is why Torres seemed like a great alternative. That is why we also bought Ba then finally got Costa who can play by himself out there and create chance or hold the ball just like Drogba used to do for us.

With that description, its hard to understand why Giroud isn't starting over Morata more... Don't get me wrong, he is clearly not on the same level as Drogba but when I think big target man and holding the ball, I think Giroud.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@amir I'm not enjoying it but I guess I understand some people do. So go ahead and enjoy United turmoil I guess. :P

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

@Emobot7 Nothing against Giroud but I am a smoker and I can sprint faster than him, I can assure you that. We need a striker like Drogba we miss that since he went past his prime.

Back on the topic I think MU lacks mature players who want to compete and win everything. Nowadays they get paid 150.000 euros the week and the worse scenario's that can happen are the bench, China or a smaller club that would still pay them enough for few generations. Football became a business and MU is a victim of this situation and its not just MU, its a lot of teams. I mean look at Morata, he was great for few weeks and went missing since now besides few games, he loves the warm legs of his girlfriend much more than football and he is becoming a family man I guess? Nothing against that but at least show some fucking effort besides flopping on the first chance, hoping for a free-kick or a penalty. He has the ability and the talent to do all of those but nah he settles for a flop 90% of the times. If I was in his shoes I would not accept being benches for Giroud or a no ST system, my ego would take a huge strike that would only motivate me to work harder.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@JozeV2 Guess thats fair as well. As for Morata, I feel like he lack guidance, the guy squander a lot of chance because he is in too much in a hurry to actually score. He look kind of unsetled for Chelsea. Feel like he isn't mature enough for the PL. He need to work with what he do with the ball more than what he does without it imo. Then again, it been a while since I last seen him play for Chelsea.

trimind 5 years ago

Well @Marcus I don't recall us being that vocal against Chelsea or anything.

The main rivals only include ManC and Liv. So I am not sure if it is applicable with Chelsea (at least with my understanding). And me personally, I have shown a lot of respect to Liv as well.

So I guess you guys can try to rub salt on the wound, but at this point it does not matter anymore. Mou is a cancer and he has to be removed either way. Let's see what is going to be next after this cameo if ManU can choose wisely another manager.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@trimind

I don't recall us being that vocal against Chelsea or anything.

Hey, don't worry about it, there are 2 kind of fan in any club, the good ones and the bad ones, you are part of the first group and Marcus is refering the later no doubt. ;)

Marcus2011 5 years ago

I have been following football since 1997 and I have never met one fan who said nice things about United fans right up until recent failures. Now, you guys are good)) And i don't refer about you just like @emo said it. Perhaps, i shouldn't generalize but bad apples were a heavy majority though.

@joze

Where are they these amazing individual runs from Morata? I mean if man can run like this on his own against Bayern, he should be able to repeat it against bloody Vidi FC at least for christ sake!

@emo

I am referring to back to 2011 when Chelsea still had veteran players. We had a very different style of football to what we play now days. Also, back then our team didn't give sht wether team parks the bus or has the possession, we would just driver over them like a tank if we were having a good day. Now days, we are flocking around that defense like flies against the window.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

@trimind I did not really meant to rub salt in your wounds, instead I understand and I sympathize with you, but nonetheless Marcus ain't wrong. Most MU fans are disgusting and watching this situation does not make me feel sorry for most of them.

trimind 5 years ago

Thanks @JozeV2.

And finally Mou left for better or for worse (:P). ManU fans thanked him for the success in the very first season. It was finally a good decision from ManU board.

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

mourinho and wenger should have gone on holiday together lol.

Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Apparently Sanchez won a £20k bet with Rojo over Mourinho getting sacked. That's pretty toxic if it is true.

trimind 5 years ago

The thing is what happened is certainly not ideal for all parties involved.

It was terrible for the ManU fans to watch their team suffered games in, games out, playing boring, defensive, and still getting poor results.

It was bad for a lot of ManU players, who were demotivated and demanded to play in unsuitable systems and mentality, and getting roasted by the manager.

It was not good for Mou's reputation and he is not enjoying his life in ManU I must say. I mean no one can enjoy losing and team performing badly. But he brought it upon himself. Mou is still a top manager, but his style never suits ManU from the beginning.