Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United players and Jose Mourinho
trimind 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Canada 3 533

My heart was shattered after today's game. Just shattered.

Is the result of 3-0 defeat marking the end of the 2018-2019 season for Manchester United? Before attempting to answer this question, there are several points I want to be clear.

There are two things I would like to discuss about the players and the coach.
1) People demanded for new players, for replacement of several positions on the field. It certainly is a sensible option. Are the players performing to their level? Are they playing well as a group? Are they playing with freedom and desire? Or are they just playing bad because they are just not good enough? What I saw from today's game is just not one or two players under-perform. It is nearly the team. There are one or two positions that I think the team is severely lacking in depth and quality, but that is not an excuse. That is something we can make up in the next transfer window, and preferably in the summer transfer window. History showed that ManU players bought in winter transfer window usually did not make it for the club. They needed time and games to adapt to the new environment. Hence, basically, if we want to strengthen the squad, we need to to wait until the next summer. Right now, ManU did not have that kind of luxury, so forget all the acquisition of World Class players, we need to focus on what is important right now. The cohesive of the team and the tactical style of ManU. #Cohesive #United #MoreAttackingStyle #YouthPlayers.

Instead of pointing the fingers to this player and that player to say he is sucked or whatever, it maybe time to sit down and reflect, and how to effectively use the players in the best scenarios. And oh, do not forget, ManU do have some very quality, up-and-coming defenders, in the like of Timothy Fosu Mensah, A. Tuanzebe and R. Williams. They have huge potential and given more game time, they will become something special for the club. Utilizing youth players from our academy is always the tradition of ManU, and we are proud of that. #Tradition #FergieKids

So what I am looking for from our players are their reaction to defeat. I am looking for their burning desire to perform, to fight, and to get the result for the club. If a player's heart is no longer at the club, then let him leave even if it grieves us. I am talking about Martial and Pogba, they are great players, one with huge potential and the other is world class. Losing them will be a real hit to any team, but no player is bigger than the team. There is no use in keeping players who do not want to be part of the club. If they still want to play for ManU, they will have to earn it in the training ground and in the upcoming match. #HeartBroken #LetThemLeave #NoPlayerIsBiggerThanTheTeam #Discipline

2) Mourinho - the coach : let's be honest here. we are spending hundreds of millions of dollars in the transfer market in the last few seasons, and according to Mourinho, it is still not a complete squad. Much to the dismay and surprisingly stubborn head of Woodward, things needed to be done are not done. #HugeMoneySpent #Wasteful

What I do not like about Mourinho, is his game style of parking the bus and defensive minded. It may have won us games in certain knockout stage, but that playing style is ugly, and it is not even effective for ManU. Last year's result proved it. Mou playing style is outdated, and the fans absolutely hate it. We know the playing style of ManU is fast attacking style by using classy wingers in the 4-4-2 formation, or the adaptation of 4-3-3 formation. Playing of one-touch soccer and crossing and dribbling has always been ManU forte. It's in our blood and vein. It's in ManU DNA!!! That playing style defines ManU, and no coach or manager is greater than the club! It is just that simple. #DefendIsBoring #Attacking #MoreAttacking #ManUnitedStyle

As much as my dislike for Mou's playing style, I want Mou to stay until the end of this season. People are asking for a change, people are looking for a sack. But the new coach/manger would need time to work with the players, he needs time to make the players familiar with the new tactics and he needs time to understand the players. Everything is taking time, and we do not have that kind of luxury either. We can talk and discuss about the change of management, when this season coming to an end, which I do think we need a new manager, who is more suitable for the club.

So, what do we do now? All hope seems lost? The answer is NO.
We need to find a short term solution for both the players and the coach. ManU needs to play every single game with the utmost desire to win. We need to treat every single game as if it is a cup final. The team (with us fans supporting) need to fight for the result. The team need to fight for every single ball. The coach needs to keep his head up and keeps the team morale high. He needs to let the team know, they are not just playing regular games, they are playing for the fans, they are playing for the pride of ManU, to show how good they are, to show how ManU are made of!!! What I am looking for from the team and the coach is their reaction, instant reaction! #Fight #EveryGameIsAFight #NeverBackDown

The result from the loss against Spurs is bad, but there is some slimmer of hope. At least, I saw a much more attacking oriented ManU, I saw how Mou ordered the team to press high up, and attempt more attacking soccer. Yes, we lose, but that is not the end. I do hope for a bounce back in the next week's game. Result in the next game will not matter to me, but the reaction from the players and the coach would be crucial. As a truly and loyal ManU fan, I will stick and support the team with all my heart. You guys won't hear any more complain about the coach or pointing the fingers at any players. We won't need that kind of reaction (from the fans). We need to show more faith in the team, and support, and give them will to fight. I believe in the team. And let's ManU keep going. #ManUNeedMoreSupport #LoyalFan #FightingSpirit

AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, THERE IS ALWAYS LIGHT.

Thanks guys for reading this, and let me know your opinion.

GameOn #Fight #MoreFight #ManUnited

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

My heart was shattered after today's game. Just shattered.

Is the result of 3-0 defeat marking the end of the 2018-2019 season for Manchester United? Before attempting to answer this question, there are several points I want to be clear.

There are two things I would like to discuss about the players and the coach.
1) People demanded for new players, for replacement of several positions on the field. It certainly is a sensible option. Are the players performing to their level? Are they playing well as a group? Are they playing with freedom and desire? Or are they just playing bad because they are just not good enough? What I saw from today's game is just not one or two players under-perform. It is nearly the team. There are one or two positions that I think the team is severely lacking in depth and quality, but that is not an excuse. That is something we can make up in the next transfer window, and preferably in the summer transfer window. History showed that ManU players bought in winter transfer window usually did not make it for the club. They needed time and games to adapt to the new environment. Hence, basically, if we want to strengthen the squad, we need to to wait until the next summer. Right now, ManU did not have that kind of luxury, so forget all the acquisition of World Class players, we need to focus on what is important right now. The cohesive of the team and the tactical style of ManU. #Cohesive #United #MoreAttackingStyle #YouthPlayers.

Instead of pointing the fingers to this player and that player to say he is sucked or whatever, it maybe time to sit down and reflect, and how to effectively use the players in the best scenarios. And oh, do not forget, ManU do have some very quality, up-and-coming defenders, in the like of Timothy Fosu Mensah, A. Tuanzebe and R. Williams. They have huge potential and given more game time, they will become something special for the club. Utilizing youth players from our academy is always the tradition of ManU, and we are proud of that. #Tradition #FergieKids

So what I am looking for from our players are their reaction to defeat. I am looking for their burning desire to perform, to fight, and to get the result from the club. If a player's heart is no longer at the club, then let him leave even if it grieves us. I am talking about Martial and Pogba, they are great players, one with huge potential and the other is world class. Losing them will be a real hit to any team, but no player is bigger than the team. There is no use in keeping players who do not want to be part of the club. If they still want to play for ManU, they will have to earn it in the training ground and in the upcoming match. #HeartBroken #LetThemLeave #NoPlayerIsBiggerThanTheTeam

Comments

The renew thread after another poor display in the game against Juventus.

I have been holding off my comments, just to see any improvements from ManU side over time, but so far ManU showed nothing.

Performance wise is not good enough (the playing style is still as boring as ever). What's about result? Up and down, with some decent result and some terrible result. The main improvement is the atmosphere in the dressing room, which I thought Mou has lost it, but it turned out he still got the support from the players. Two reasons I can think of:
1) Woodward stressed that the board is going to stick with Mou until the end of the season, so there's no point for the players to try to play badly and kick Mou out. That's not gonna happen. Hence, the players knew that and they decided to play to the extent of their ability again.

2) Mou has stopped criticizing the players, and instead of making encouragement to the players, and it worked! Martial has improved significantly, Lindelof improved significantly.

I do not how long ManU board is going to stick with Mou, and knowing the incompetent Woodward, they might have just keep Mou near the end of the season before the sacking can happen.

Also, ManU does have quality players, and the youth players are pretty good too. You never know until you try. Jadon Sancho would still be a reserve player if he remains at ManC. Now he becomes one of the hottest prospects in the world. We do possess several gems in our youth squad: Angel Gomes, Tatith Chong, Mason Greenwood, Dylan Evitt, James Garner. And further up the pecking, we can think of Pereira, Callum Gribbin, Alex Tuanzebe, Timothy Fosuh Mensah. What we need now is the change in mentality and the approach. If Mou cannot reinvent himself and follows the wheel of time, then he should just leave.

And I know there are a few very stubborn Mou's fans in here. Please stop your idiocy, after Mou got sacked, and I reckon he will either be PSG or Inter new head coach, you guys can go and support him and the new team for all I care.

• History

The renew thread after another poor display in the game against Juventus.

I have been holding off my comments, just to see any improvements from ManU side over time, but so far ManU showed nothing.

Performance wise is not good enough (the playing style is still boring as ever). What's about result? Up and down, with some decent result and some terrible result. The main improvement is the atmosphere in the dressing room, which I thought Mou has lost it, but it turned out he still got the support from the players. Two reasons I can think of:
1) Woodward stressed that the board is going to stick with Mou until the end of the season, so there's no point for the players to try to play badly and kick Mou out. That's not gonna happen. Hence, the players knew that and they decided to play to the extent of their ability again.

2) Mou has stopped criticizing the players, and instead making encouragement to the players, and it worked! Martial has improved significantly, Lindelof improved significantly.

I do not how long ManU board is going to stick with Mou, and knowing the incompetent Woodward, they might have just keep Mou near the end of the season before the sacking can happen.

Also, ManU does have quality players, and the youth players are pretty good too. You never know until you try. Jadon Sancho would still be a reserve player if he remains at ManC. Now he becomes one of the hottest prospects in the world. We do possess several gems in our youth squad: Angel Gomes, Tatith Chong, Mason Greenwood, Dylan Evitt, James Garner. And further up the pecking we can think of Pereira, Callum Gribbin, Alex Tuanzebe, Timothy Fosuh Mensah. What we need now is the change in mentality and the approach. If Mou cannot reinvent himself and follows the wheel of time, then he should just leave.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@trimind I agree with a lot of what you said but I still think you are harsh on Mou and his supporter, after all, you yourself said he stopped criticizing player and that some of them are doing better now thanks to it. Don't get me wrong, I still don't like his style and think it would be better if he would leave at the end of the season, but I wouldn't shoot down other united fan who actually still think they should give him a chance.

Ledley 6 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Don't let Mourinho shatter your heart. It's not worth it bra!

@Emobot: I did not mean to upsetting anyone, and I would like to apologize for that. I mean I probably can express the idea diplomatically better than putting things straight out.

Again, regarding Mou and Mou's issue, I do not think I am objectively being harsh about it. We only won one game in 7-8 consecutive match, and staying at 10th on the table is a disgrace. With the team we had, we should be in top 4 at the moment (definitely not first), but making top 4, or at least at 5th position.

Staying at 10th position, with a lifeless soccer style (terrible style), no heart, no result. It is just beyond salvation. The only thing can salvage this season is a change in personal. Remember how Mou praised the capture of Sanchez, and look at where he is now. It is pretty much sums up my conclusion. Also, I have no problem giving Mou until the end of the season, but HE HAD TO LEAVE NO MATTER WHAT THE RESULT (unless he can win both the CL and PL- but that is not going to happen). If he can't give the right playing style and entertain the fans, then at least the result should make up for it.

Knowing Woodward, he might already think about Conte and such, and that would be the last person we need. He is another version Mou, and his temper is even worse. The idea is if we sack Mou, we should not go for another big name (not Ancelloti, not Blance, not Zidane), but giving it to someone from our youth coach. Let's say McKenna or Nicky Butt, who are doing exceptionally well with the youth team!

No-one from outside can understand about our squad strength and weakness more than the already installed coaches, and these youth coaches (McKenna and Nicky Butt) know even more about our youth. Sometimes, we just need to take a step back and give our youth a chance.

@Ledley : thanks for the kind words, I just lost it, after watching the games this season with Mou in charge.

• History

@Emobot: I did not mean to upsetting anyone, and I would like to apologize for that. I mean I probably can express the idea diplomatically better than putting things straight out.

Again, regarding Mou and Mou's issue, I do not think I am objectively being harsh about it. We only won one game in 7-8 consecutive match, and staying at 10th on the table is a disgrace. With the team we had, we should be in top 4 at the moment (definitely not first), but making top 4, or at least at 5th position.

Staying at 10th position, with a lifeless soccer style (terrible style), no heart, no result. It is just beyond salvation. The only thing can salvage this season is a change in personal. Remember how Mou praised the capture of Sanchez, and look at where he is now. It is pretty much sums up my conclusion. Also, I have no problem giving Mou until the end of the season, but HE HAD TO LEAVE NO MATTER WHAT THE RESULT (unless he can win both the CL and PL- but that is not going to happen). If he can't give the right playing style and entertain the fans, then at least the result should make up for it.

Knowing Woodward, he might already think about Conte and such, and that would be the last person we need. He is another version Mou, and his temper is even worse. The idea is if we sack Conte, we should not go for another big name (not Ancelloti, not Blance, not Zidane), but giving it to someone from our youth coach. Let's say McKenna or Nicky Butt, who are doing exceptionally well with the youth team!

No-one from outside can understand about our squad strength and weakness more than the already installed coach, and these youth coaches know even more about our youth. Sometimes, we just need to take a step back and give our youth a chance.

@Ledley : thanks for the kind words, I just lost it, after watching the games this season with Mou in charge.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

trimind + Emobot7

I agree with Emo somewhat about Mou, recently anyways. Pulled a masterclass tactically against Chelsea in which he made dumb substitutions, then did alright against Juventus but didn't make any substitutions at all. I agree he could do better in the League, but a draw to Chelsea away is a normal Mourinho result. Maybe not to concede late, but he would usually go for draws in big away anyways.

But I still get the feeling that he is limited, Lukaku is known to ghost in big games, but he never benches him. Sanchez can't finish his games, for as shit as he plays he shouldn't be the first known sub, Martial too I guess. I think the most powerful players and fans favourites are Pogba, De Gea, Lukaku, Rashford and Matic in that order. They are usually the first names on the team sheet, and all of those guys except De Gea have been total shit since the international break. I get it's only 2 games, but it's not like it's the only 2 games they have been shit, especially for Lukaku and Pogba.

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if United ends up losing Everton at home, practially most the teams in PL are super strong, and considering they lost to new found West Ham, this would not be surprsing one bit.

trimind 5 years ago

Well, the clock is ticking again for Mourinho.

One funny fact that I found out about Mou is that every time, when he is really in serious trouble, which is near "to be sacked" state, then he pulled off some brilliant results (or good results) to save his skin.

After the Chelsea, Juventus performance, then another decent result against Arsenal. And right after the lifeless and terrible Valencia, then coming Liverpool. I am not sure what kind of performance I can expect from that man at the moment. We could go down like 3,4-0 or pulled up another "stunning 1-0".

So let's wait and see.

But by all means, I wish the ManU board can just sack Mourinho already, I just can't bear seeing his soccer style any longer. This is so done. The result is not uplifting either.

Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Man U board can't sack Mourinho because they would have to pay him a fck ton of money in compensation.
But anyways, Maybe a very bad result against Liverpool would be a big enough blow to have the board contemplating very seriously if he has to be sacked. Lets just hope he doesn't finish the season at least. I wouldn't be able to withstand another Mou season.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

As a football fan, what do you want to see happen to Mourinho?

amir_keal 5 years ago

The last option would be perfect.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@amir You might want reread my question, I said as a football fan, not an Arsenal one. XD

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

Yeah I see the sack but who's next? Another famous manager or promising one with more transfers to happen..
This MU is not a championship material, not only Mourinho does not convince me this season but neither those players.

SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Not hating just being realistic. As a football fan you have to be realistic, more than half the players at United are average and good for mid table teams such as Everton. Mourinho would have done better had they supported him with a good defensive players. Klopp asked and the price was high, yet they solved his problem and look at him now, he made Liverpool look like ready to compete for titles.

Same thing with Chelsea, we are like 3 players away from competing, but United needs an overhaul to their squad. the back 4 are not as they used to be when Vidic and Ferdinand etc used to be. their Midfield maybe is fine, Pogba and Fred are good just need one more creative CDM, Up front they need someone like Rooney instead of Sanchez and someone better than Lukaku.

For us, we need obviously a good striker and maybe just maybe a new RW, but the pedro/willian is fine if we have a decent striker.

Man City was a simple transition, first season was a failure, second season Pep replaced all the average players that held the team back during his first season and look at what he have done. Obviously he was the most supported manager financially and got what he wanted at any cost.

trimind 5 years ago

The point being made is that ManU gave Jose a lot on the transfer already.

Bailey, Sanchez, Lukaku, Fred, Matic, etc are all the requirements from Mou in previous transfer windows. And yet they are all underperformed /got worse overtime and why is that? If it is not Mou to blame.

One of the main problem of Mou is his ego. It was too much and also the way he put down the efforts of his own players. They became demotivated and it translated into their performance. A guy like Zidane would surely make the team into a cohesion unit, but definitely not Mou.

At this point, he is losing the team support, and it shows downright in their reactions after games.

If you asked me who I would like to lead the team, then I will say some names that you might not think of. Ryan Giggs or Nicky Butt got my vote. Another strong candidate for the job is McKenna, I said his name countless times already. If I have to go for an already made name then Joardim (ex Monaco coach) or Nagaelsman (Hoffeinhem coach). The last two impressed by their original attacking styles, fast tempo and the utilization of youth.

But again, realisticcally speaking, Mou won't be sacked until the end of the season.

trimind 5 years ago

And I do appreciate your comment @SarriBall and JoseV2.

I just do not think Mou is fitting to ManU from the very beginning when he is assigned as the coach. And Woodward should be sacked also. That incompetent good for nothing fool.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Oh Don't use Vidic and Ferdinand in the same sentence with United's back 4! They are light years ahead in quality. I watched Jones against Valencia, and I honestly couldn't believe that he is playing for one of the most valuable clubs in the world lol Although, he should be on the bench and even then that is a stretch for his abilities!

I think United should sack Mourinho, then they will get a dose of the red pill when they hire another manager who will demand better players or will struggle again with the same ones.

@sarri

STRIKER. We haven't had one since Costa left.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Woodward shouldn't get sacked. He should stick to doing business and marketing because that is what he was assigned to do. Keep him out of the transfers and scouting for players.

trimind 5 years ago

Being a business and a club is two entirely different notions. Woodward did not have the quality to be a manager, he might be at best a marketing manager, and ManU does need a football director.

Thinking about the squad, yes, the squad is not ideal. They are not performing, and too many players performed well below their levels. Some managers improve the players, the others can only what is available at their disposal. Speaking about improving players, we are talking about managers like Klopp or Pochettino. The others, like Mournho or even Pep (to some extent), can only improve the squad to massively buying. I am not saying the other managers do not need buying, they do, but not relying entirely on the market. And they are known to use youth players from the academy.

Monaco and Dortmund keep producing bright talents, or at least revealing young talents to the world. Given they have extraordinary scouts available at their disposals, the key lies within their trust in talented youth players. The same Jadon Sancho would not be in the scintillating form at the moment, if he still stays at ManCity. And many more examples like that. Big teams in EPL choose to buy rather than using their own talents.

It might have sound very optimistic or unreal, but I have seen some real talents in the ManU youth academy. They may not up to the task this season, but given more chances, they can quickly jump and raise up their game level very quickly. Youth players tend to do that all the time. What I am looking for is another class of '92, and since this season is already gone for ManU, they might as well try their hands on the new young up-and-coming youth players. That's why I prefer guys like Nagaelsman or Jardim, who are known for using and developing youth players, with attacking styles to boost. In fact, McKenna as the head coach might not be a bad idea either.

Let's see how Napoli, which literally spent very little and still managed to assemble a great team, that have great chemistry and understanding, and playing soccer with heart. English teams tend to splash cash unnecessary and always slack behind in term of using their own youth products. Even Arsenal, which is known for the youth policy, is missing out on Nelson. That kid is doing wonder in the Bundesliga!!!

SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Agreed. and @Marcus Ikr.. We want Prime Drogba back .. I still to this day wish that Mansour didn't buy City, cuz then we would have went for Aguero instead of Torres but we were forced to move on for an injured Torres.. We were close to get Aguero.. Imagine what that would have changed through out the years..

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

STRIKER. We haven't had one since Costa left.

enter image description here

amir_keal 5 years ago

Emobot7

I mean, I was thinking football fans were enjoying this little crisis mode as much as me, right?

If I was a United fan, I'll probably give him until the end of the season, and see how he does. I mean if he gets to the CL final, it wouldn't be too bad, right? Yes they may be in Europa, but I don't see which top manager is gonna want to be in Europa. At this point, Poch going to Untied would be a downgrade, not an upgrade.