Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Man Utd have bid €50 million for Anthony Martial
Comments
chelsea8 9 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

^ he is a good player and for 30million he would be a bargain, but paying 60million euros plus 20million add ons is just crazy lol.

TheGame 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United 104 1380

50 mil Euros. That's how much we paid for him. Chelsea bid around 40 mil Euros, which roughly is around 30 mil pounds. I am not sure where your getting the 60 million euros from. Also, the add-ons are included if he wins the Ballon d'or or achieves something ridiculous, which is highly unlikely given his age and the competition. But I do agree that the price tag is nonetheless crazy.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

50 mil Euros. That's how much we paid for him. Chelsea bid around 40 mil Euros, which roughly is around 30 mil pounds. I am not sure where your getting the 60 million euros from. Also, the add-ons are included if he wins the Ballon d'or or any other ridiculous achievements, which are highly unlikely given his age and the competition.

50 mil Euros. That's how much we paid for him. Chelsea bid around 40 mil Euros, which roughly is around 30 mil pounds. I am not sure where your getting the 60 million euros from. Also, the add-ons are included if he wins the Ballon d'or or any other ridiculous achievements, which are highly unlikely given his age and the competition. But I do agree that the price tag is nonetheless crazy.

50 mil Euros. That's how much we paid for him. Chelsea bid around 40 mil Euros, which roughly is around 30 mil pounds. I am not sure where your getting the 60 million euros from. Also, the add-ons are included if he wins the Ballon d'or or any achieves something ridiculous, which is highly unlikely given his age and the competition. But I do agree that the price tag is nonetheless crazy.

Jimbet 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

Manchester United signing Anthony Martial says his family are "a bit nervous" about his record transfer fee but that he is not worried about it.

Martial, 19, became the world's most expensive teenager when he joined from Monaco for £36m on deadline day.The fee could rise to £58m depending on conditions including Martial winning the Ballon d'Or award.

"I don't know if I am worth 80m euros but I don't worry about the sums," said the Frenchman."I'm going there for the football side of things - the price is between the two clubs and I don't see myself under any pressure.

"My family were really happy for me that I am going to such a big club. They were definitely a bit nervous given my high price but I am going to stay focused on proving my worth.Martial has scored 15 goals in 70 appearances for Monaco and linked up with the national side for the first time this week.

He scored four times in 12 games for the France Under-21 side."Manager Louis van Gaal asked me my preferred position," Martial said at a media conference for France's friendly with Portugal on Friday.

"I prefer to play in the centre but he told me I could play in a number of positions - it is the coach who decides but whatever position I play, I will do the best I can.

"Martial could make his debut for United against Liverpool in the Premier League on 12 September.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34134178

• History

“I do not know if I’m worth €80million,” said Martial, who believes that playing in the Premier League will give him a greater opportunity of securing a berth in Didier Deschamps’ Euro 2016 squad.

“Sure it’s crazy enough for a player of my age, but the amount is between the two clubs. I do not put myself in particular pressure.

“I just want to show what I can do on the field and it’ll be a big change to Monaco. In England, they live for football and it will be up to me to adapt.

“I will be more visible in Manchester, there is no reason why it goes wrong. It’s up to me to perform well – it’s a great challenge and for me I’m ready.”

Martial is also looking forward to playing under the guidance of Wayne Rooney – who had to ask United team-mate Morgan Schneiderlin who Louis van Gaal’s latest recruit was.

“It is normal that he [Rooney] does not know me,” said Martial.

“I have not played in Ligue 1 a lot and this is my first time in the France team. But I’m happy to go and progress with a great player.”

“I do not know if I’m worth €80million,” said Martial, who believes that playing in the Premier League will give him a greater opportunity of securing a berth in Didier Deschamps’ Euro 2016 squad.

“Sure it’s crazy enough for a player of my age, but the amount is between the two clubs. I do not put myself in particular pressure.

“I just want to show what I can do on the field and it’ll be a big change to Monaco. In England, they live for football and it will be up to me to adapt.

“I will be more visible in Manchester, there is no reason why it goes wrong. It’s up to me to perform well – it’s a great challenge and for me I’m ready.”

Martial is also looking forward to playing under the guidance of Wayne Rooney – who had to ask United team-mate Morgan Schneiderlin who Louis van Gaal’s latest recruit was.

“It is normal that he [Rooney] does not know me,” said Martial.

“I have not played in Ligue 1 a lot and this is my first time in the France team. But I’m happy to go and progress with a great player.”

Manchester United signing Anthony Martial says his family are "a bit nervous" about his record transfer fee but that he is not worried about it.

Martial, 19, became the world's most expensive teenager when he joined from Monaco for £36m on deadline day.

The fee could rise to £58m depending on conditions including Martial winning the Ballon d'Or award.

"I don't know if I am worth 80m euros but I don't worry about the sums," said the Frenchman.

"I'm going there for the football side of things - the price is between the two clubs and I don't see myself under any pressure.

"My family were really happy for me that I am going to such a big club. They were definitely a bit nervous given my high price but I am going to stay focused on proving my worth.

Martial has scored 15 goals in 70 appearances for Monaco and linked up with the national side for the first time this week. He scored four times in 12 games for the France Under-21 side.

"Manager Louis van Gaal asked me my preferred position," Martial said at a media conference for France's friendly with Portugal on Friday.

"I prefer to play in the centre but he told me I could play in a number of positions - it is the coach who decides but whatever position I play, I will do the best I can."

Martial could make his debut for United against Liverpool in the Premier League on 12 September.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

From what i've heard, his price tag is 43m£+15m£ adds ons ( 36m+7m), the 7m£ pounds will be give to Lyon his formator club and a pourcentage of the bonuses on playing times, United results and personal objectives ( goals + Bo )

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@thegame

Nahh we did not bid for him ... why ? What sources do you have ?

And mate you confusing us with United , we never hail players we signed as best in the world. It all you mate to save your faces from ridiculous amounts you pay to attract players .Although we are all victims of inflated transfer market .

Also, We are by far not the best in the world , and sometimes we sign crap too like Cuadrado , but for the last 3 years we have been signing good players usually for a good bargain . Facts backed on transfermarkt , not an opinion .

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

I heard it on the radio a few days ago. The figures I've read online have been misleading to a certain degree. The point is that there were several clubs interested in signing him and they were willing the pay the big bucks, except that they fell short of Monaco's ridiculously high valuation of the player. Chelsea were definitely interested in signing him and there are reports online that suggest they had a massive bid rejected, but frankly I am not sure how accurate the figures are after doing more research. At this point I don't care. It's not my money but I hope Martial succeeds.

@Tiki, I believe the 7m pounds will be given to his youth club by Monaco. United only pay Monaco the 37 mil plus the add-ons if they apply. Monaco is responsible for fulfilling the contract they signed with Lyon, which included the sell on fee.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

It is possible . Wenger is right to some extent that there is scarcity of proper old fashion hard as a rock strikers who can score goals and hold up on their own upfront . So, when any club not just Chelsea sees potential in the player to be the one every club wants there will be interest and possibly bid . I don't remember any of Chelsea fans mentioning anything about Martial . And I am glad we did not sign him . That is a huge gamble .

Plus , I think it is also a gamble for a player in his career . It can all go down the hill if he does not justify his price tag . It is incredible amount of pressure on young lad . This transfer market needs to be regulated somehow for the better future of footballers who risk their potentially great careers to be over before it starts under weight of the price tag pressure and expectations .

If I was Martial , I would not probably sleep worrying about falling short rather than concentrating on my development.

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Thegame I think Monaco will pay Lyon after recieving the 43M£, nothing is being said about Monaco getting only 29M£ ( 36m-7m ).
Anyway what really happened ( in euros ) is that Monaco rejected the 50m offer, United made a second offer also rejected ( 60m ) then a third one with add ons included, some of them will be reached pretty easily if the player doesnt get injured and some will be impossible like the BO bonus, ( Neymar BO bonus was 2-3M, and the goals objective 4-5m ) I think its pretty similar here...

• History

@Thegame I think Monaco will pay Lyon after recieving the 43M£, nothing is being said about Monaco getting only 29M£ ( 36m-7m ).
Anyway what really happened ( in euros ) is that Monaco rejected the 50m offer, United made a second offer also rejected ( 60m ) then a third one with add ons included, some of them will be reached pretty easily if the player doesnt get injured and some will be impossible like the BO bonus, ( Neymar BO bonus was 2-3M, and the goals objective 4-5m ) I think its pretty similar here...