Man Utd have bid €50 million for Anthony Martial
Comments
tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Day 62(actually, yes), still waiting for a striker, defensive midfielder.

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

This guy is one of the best young talents in the world, he has done very well with Monaco. I dont see why so much hate. 50m is just about right, 40 would be fair but over 50 starts to get ridiculous.

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@D, honestly I am beginning to question LvG's "masterplan". This is total BS. Why sell Chicharito and loan Januzaj?? 36 mil for Martial is rediculous. Why not spend 20 more and buy De Bruyne or Sterling. Actual world class talent. Needless to say, the problem with this squad is not the players. Our players leave and perform phenomenally for other teams.

chelsea8 9 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

^perform phenomenally? Lol

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited

50M is less ridiculous than 80M, but as in Sterling case, bargains have became too expensive, now you buy the promise not the actual level.

Unpopular opinion : Hype and marketting attractivity aside, Martial > Sterling. If i put this on highlights i will get down voted -50, but i watched both players and i would rather have Martial, despite not having the same visibility, he has a CL level and a big progression mark. Pretty confident about his integration in PL but i may be wrong ( it doesnt happen alot though lately )

• History

50M is less ridiculous than 80M, but as in Sterling case, bargains have became too expensive, now you buy the promise not the actual level.
Unpopular opinion : Hype and marketting attractivity aside, Martial > Sterling. If i put this on highlights i will get down voted -50, but i watched both players and i would rather have Martial, despite not having the same visibility, he has a CL level and a big progression mark. Pretty confident about his integration in PL but i may be wrong ( it doesnt happen alot though lately )

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

^Exactly, Martial is a very promising player. He is like a version of Sterling a year ago. He is only 19, players this young are not cheap. People need to look more into this guy if questioning whether we should sign him or not. He could get to be a regular starting XI player in 3-4 months easy.

minoas57 9 years ago
Arsenal, Greece 8 155

one word...OVERATED

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Im still shocked about the price because French players arent expensive comming from Ligue 1, the transfer record was Benzema 35M euros, Benz had given some great guarantees before his transfer. Martial is exactly the same case as Sterling, shine one season and becomes bankable...

If i was United i would have added 20M and gone for Griezmann, he was made for them and ready to give results instantly. 50M for a player that could give results this year or next year or in 2 years who knows when he will be given a chance with LVG management. Hope his pricetag will secure to him a starting place.

Or give to Benzema an amazing contract and try to bring him as a condition for DDG transfer, now Navas will cost United 15 millions...

Wolfie 9 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Van Gaal is legend . I think he came back to finish what he has started back in 2010 , destruction of United :))

It is nice . I have always waited for Sir Alex to retire and United to start crushing but did not expect it will get this good . I am sure things will go back to normal but for now I will just smile and enjoy ))

tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

The thing is we have no clear tactic and just force bunch of "good-on-paper" on the fields. Doesn't matter what talent we are going to buy, if this remain the same we will still be shiet. Period.

Who dares to say Jan, Chicha, Maria are not talented??? They all are, Shaw etc... Look at how we play now?

• History

The thing is we have no clear tactic and just force bunch of "good-on-paper" on the fields

rayrex7 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Martial is an excellent Player, but I would prefer buying an experienced striker like Higuain or keep Hernandez. Honestly if you were to play Hernandez more, you will surely not regret it, he is faster than rooney, hungrier than Rooney and More dangerous in the air than rooney, I would put my starting line up like this

Striker: Chicarhito/Higuain

Wingers and CAM: Depay-----Rooney------Martial

Midfielders: Bastian-----Morgan

CDM: Blind

Defender: Damian/Shaw---Rojo-----Phil-----Smalling

Goalkeeper: De Gea/Romero/Valdes

Honestly Playing Blind CB is an awful Choice, why put one of your best players in Passing and Crosses a CB?!

• History

Martial is an excellent Player, but I would prefer buying an experienced striker like Higuain or keep Hernandez. Honestly if you were to play Hernandez more, you will surely not regret it, he is faster than rooney, hungrier than Rooney and More dangerous in the air than rooney, I would put my starting line up like this

Chicarhito/Higuain

Depay Rooney Martial

Bastian Morgan
Blind

Damian/Shaw Rojo Phil Smalling

De Gea

Honestly Playing Blind CB is an awful Choice, why put one of your best players in Passing and Crosses a CB?!

United_Hates_Blues 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

Its hilarious how much of a hypocrite wolf is, he made a thread stating how he liked LVG's plan and tactics and now posted this stupid meme***. Gracias ^_^
==edited by mod - watch out for offensive comment please ==

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

I guess this wouldn't be an awful transfer, I know nothing about Martial, but I'm hearing good things. He is young, and that's good I suppose...

But why wouldn't we give Wilson a shot? I was sad that Hernandez was playing so badly, but was optimistic that Wilson would get a chance, now that seems unlikely... we have all these promising youth players and instead we are getting 19-year olds from elsewhere for really high prices...

Rayrex, you put Smalling in as a RB? And suggested sitting either Shaw or Darmian? Those have been easily our three best players so far this year.

Look, I understand that Romero is a little shaky, and Blind as a CB is not ideal, but this D is far better than last year's, with basically the same players. The problem is the final third. The centre midfield is stupid strong. I want to see pace on the outside, maybe move Mata inside, (he does his best work there anyway, even when he's supposed to be on the wing) with Valencia or someone taking his place. Rooney...I would like to say that it's the service, but it's not. As a striker, you earn your goals with your runs and movement, and aside from the second Brugge game, Rooney hasn't.

I don't think that bringing in new players or kicking out old ones is going to solve anything. We need chemistry.

And I don't see how bringing in a young Frenchman is going to solve that.

bluezz 9 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

every french source i saw are reporting that the deal is €80m

chelsea8 9 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Yep the vice president of monaco said that manchester gave 80mill€ for martial lol,
Now chelsea is in talks with pogba and ramires will be headed to juve.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

Well too bad, the number is 36 million. Your sources suck.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

30 Millions euros on add ons !!! Thats insane. It looks like Neymar's case where the price given is reduced to not shock people, first time i saw 30 millions on add ons.

Officially its 50M, but we can already say it will be arround 50-80M or 60-80M because i guess at this price if he does not get injured, he will play as a starter and fulfill the playing time bonus, if he wins trophies or reach personal objectives then the transfer will be more expensive...

I guess if he does all this United wont be annoyed to pay the extra money...

chelsea8 9 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@sunflash lol vice president of monaco said that in an interview so i think that your source sucks.