Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Man Utd have bid €50 million for Anthony Martial
Comments
SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'm bitter enough about this transfer policy, let me be angry.

chelsea8 9 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Haha oke mate but don't worry he is 19years old and is a great player, who cares about the money right?Let them spend it so the fans get happy.

Wolfie 9 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

@United - Oh don't get your panties in a twist sugar pie . :)

Wolfie 9 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Apparently Martial is being heralded as the next Henry. That's very flattering for him. From the same town too.

Wolfie 9 years ago Edited
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Show everyone what an insecure fool you are.

@tiki - Just ignore him, obviously a few cards short of a full deck..

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Cool trolling kid. You must really hate yourself huh. :) Show everyone what an insecure fool you are.

@tiki - Just ignore him, obviously a few cards short of a full deck..

mladen 9 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

Look at main trollers here : MCFC fans (spend 150 millions on
Mangala,Otamendi and Kompany + 75 millos for Zidane,Oh...it's De Bruyne) AFC fans (bought only Cech and frustrations are huge ) INTER fan ( scared cos Manccini won't get them to 3rd place with team full of rejects and average players,but ..it's Serie A,average league) .

You are all cute :) Interesting to see what is going on on Footy once in a month :))

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@tiki

How do you know mate ? Were you holding the candle ?

tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Im gonna ban anyone insulting the other in whatever way so please stay on topic!!!

• History

Im gonna ban anyone insulting theother in whatever way so please stay on topic

Inter, Germany 94 1844

What's that kid's problem anyway? Just some lighthearted banter and he turns it into personal attacks.. -.-

• History

What's that kid's problem anyway? Just some lighthearted banter and he turns into a raging lunatic.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@Wolfie

"Raging lunatic"? Thankfully you edited your comment after.

Inter, Germany 94 1844

^Jeez man, nothing slips past you huh. haha.. Let's get back to the topic, and stop being such sensitive drama queens.

Anyone watch this Martial kid enough last season? I hear the deal is actually 22 mil but ad ons if he wins balon d'or etc.. Do they really think he's that good or panic buy from Man U cause of De Bruyne City deal and Pedro to Chelsea. This season is gonna be tasty. City leading the way though in the PL..

• History

^Jeez man, nothing slips past you huh. haha.. Let's get back to the topic, and stop being such sensitive drama queens.

Anyone watch this Martial kid enough last season? I hear the deal is actually 22 mil but ad ons if he wins balon d'or etc.. Do they really think he's this good or panic buy from Man U cause of De Bruyne deal and Pedro to Chelsea. This season is gonna be tasty. City leading the way though in the PL..

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

"Sensitive drama queens?" There's a way to diffuse an argument, calling people names.

I could respond many ways to this, but I'm going to take the fictional moral high ground and ignore all your inciting posts.

Anyhow, like almost every other transfer this window I'm not making an immediate judgement on this. However, this is an awful lot of money for a player that "might" someday actually be worth all that money. Buying potential is always risky, and with the amount of money involved here, it is a VERY high-risk move.

I must say I like this transfer less than any other United have completed so far this window. Of course, I could be eating my words very shortly, but I will take that if he wins us games.

Jimbet 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

Wenger has reiterated time and time again that he would not spend big money on a player unless he adds something extra to the squad and used the Martial transfer as the context while defending the Gunner’s lack of summer activity.

"Monaco sold Martial to Man United last night for €80 million, I've heard,” Wenger said, as quoted on ESPN. “Martial has scored 11 goals in the French championship -- that sums it up.""It's not the money that is missing at the moment, it's not the desire of investment that is missing, it's the number of players available who can strengthen the big clubs.

"So am I happy with the investment that I made [this summer]? Yes. Every time. I bought [Alexis] Sanchez, I bought [Mesut] Ozil, I bought Cech. I bought Gabriel last year, I bought [Mathieu] Debuchy."But when you have to invest, when you find the players to invest the money in, the problem at the moment is to find the players that guarantee that you are absolutely a better team after.

"That example last night shows you very well -- Martial is a huge talent, he's 19 years old. The investment is absolutely huge as well. That shows you there are not many players in the world who can strengthen these teams."

Read more at http://www.sportskeeda.com/football/arsene-wenger-claims-martial-signing-cost-manchester-united-80-million

• History

Wenger has reiterated time and time again that he would not spend big money on a player unless he adds something extra to the squad and used the Martial transfer as the context while defending the Gunner’s lack of summer activity.

"Monaco sold Martial to Man United last night for €80 million, I've heard,” Wenger said, as quoted on ESPN. “Martial has scored 11 goals in the French championship -- that sums it up."

"It's not the money that is missing at the moment, it's not the desire of investment that is missing, it's the number of players available who can strengthen the big clubs.

"So am I happy with the investment that I made [this summer]? Yes. Every time. I bought [Alexis] Sanchez, I bought [Mesut] Ozil, I bought Cech. I bought Gabriel last year, I bought [Mathieu] Debuchy.

"But when you have to invest, when you find the players to invest the money in, the problem at the moment is to find the players that guarantee that you are absolutely a better team after.

"That example last night shows you very well -- Martial is a huge talent, he's 19 years old. The investment is absolutely huge as well. That shows you there are not many players in the world who can strengthen these teams."

Read more at http://www.sportskeeda.com/football/arsene-wenger-claims-martial-signing-cost-manchester-united-80-million

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

Maybe I'm just being a real ass about United right now, but I agree with almost everything Wenger just said.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Hey mr . Wenger should try to invest in players early in the season . Like Benteke would have made Arsenal striking options better , but he complained about lack of strikers . Honestly , we must show respect to Arsenal fans who has such a good patience . Like this die hard fan :

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Wenger is saving the face. They should have brought at least 1 quality signing in addition to Cech, i mean its not like he is managing a 3 times treble winning team in a row or something, they didnt win the league for ages and there is a reason for it...

Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

im a bit upset that wenger didnt buy a stiker nor a DM. but im just staying positive hoping welbeck would come back strong, ozil can be better at his central role and sanchez can shine like he did last season. giroud and walcott? dem two needs to start making their finishing touches more lethal. -.- COYG

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

I have hope for wenger, I think that he is saving so he can spend big in the winter transfer, but I agree with tiki, he should at least buy one world class player in addition with Cech, a CDM probably, Khedira could have been a great signing honestly, or even Matuidi, toulalan, Krychowiak (or something) or a fast CDM like Ramires, Melo and Gustavo(personal choice), I just hope Wenger listens to the fans. Wish ya all the best Arsenal fans!

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@Marcus, you know your precious Chelsea also bid around 30 mil for him? Except Monaco rejected it. I have a suspicious feeling that if he went to Chelsea, he would be hailed as "the best teen in the world" or a "bargain" by you lot.

Anyways, no doubt he's got potential, but we paid over the top for his services. I've also heard that Spurs bid 20 mil for him earlier in the summer, which was also rejected. This begs the question, do these clubs know something about him that we don't? Like I said, he's got potential, but that doesn't mean he'll surely be the next Henry, unless he has been thoroughly scouted to the point where it is a sure deal. We'll know for sure soon. Until then, GET IN THERE MARTIAL!