Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Man City banned from UEFA Champions League for 2 seasons!
Yusuf_10 4 years ago
Manchester City, England 16 73

Ok if Man City is banned from UEFA Champions League for 2 seasons as well as £25 mln is crazy whats your veiw on this decision

Comments
United_Hates_Blues 4 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 984

They'll probably find the right people to pay off. As for Pep only time can tell.

Ledley 4 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

They should be stripped of last years PL title if found guilty.

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

How many big teams have been REALLY punished for this? I think it is time to put the foot down and truly penalize a team once found guilty.

Not saying it should be against City, but why not? If they are guilty, use them as an example!

Sadly FIFA and UEFA can be just as corrupt.

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I am not the right one to voice opinion on MC to be heavily punished. But it's about time this need to happen.

I cant wait for PSG and others too to be heavily investigated. Might be us too.

Keep football fair and clean

_Pelle_ 4 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

We dont know every detail behind this... it could be fair. The problem is how many others are corrupted...

I know some for sure are thinking PSG, but truth is it doesnt stop there. Many other clubs leagues and even UEFA itself have to deal with corruption from within.

Man City is just the top of the ice-berg... but how deep are we really willing to dig...

Ledley 4 years ago

They have gotten banned before, and their sentence was a reduced squad from 25 - 19 players a couple years back.

They haven't just inflated the value of their sponsorship,, they player junior talent around the globe on their sister teams. Melbourne City, NY City, Yokohama FC, Montevideo City.

It's a miracle they are having a sh*t season.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

That is pretty crazy but if they really broken the FFP, then I think its completely fair. Hope this serve as an example to people with the same ambition as their owner.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Mansour and Qatar will just pay UEFA few millions and it will be solved with a warning. Man City brand became too big for UEFA to exclude them, they would loose too much money.

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

These rules are exactly reason why team like Benfica never will be seen in CL final again. They are in place to keep rich clubs rich without any challenge from any other aspiring clubs. They could have fined them, create limits but banning City completely is unjustified. Out of most sport competitions in the world, football is one sport where being big rich club in a top league is very important now than ever before. Shame on corrupt UEFA. These sons of whores.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

banning City completely is unjustified

how if you breach the rules?

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

UEFA governing body isn’t a court. It is time to treat football clubs as corporations because honestly they have become just that wether we like it or not. Corporation Manchester United for example has network huge marketing, and strategic partnership operations all around the world. They are listed on stock market to draw further investments. Club like City tries to become just that through but through direct investments from their owner. Not a single owner wants his corporation to be an expense but eventually generate healthy cash flow as well as performing well in competitions.

UEFA is preventing clubs like City, PSG, Monaco, Chelsea and whatever other clubs to get into big clubs circle. United finally felt that they can’t anymore go around in EPL and hand pick players because for whatever “give me that player cheap” money other clubs have “fck off” money to keep that player. So same happens when a club like City in this kind of market are forced to spend large to get the overpriced players they need, to turn this club into European powerhouse and maintain their dominance EPL which directly affects their financial performance. Thus, in this current UEFA system which is favoring big clubs, small clubs that are owned by rich and still trying to establish themselves as completely financially independent, are forced to find loop holes if they are aspire to become as big as Real or Bayern or United.

City found loopholes and UEFA got mad along probably with other big clubs, so they decided to make an example out of them, so no one else dares to do the same. This kind of cases should be held in court of law by national sports committee that is independent from Corrupt UEFA. I for once suggest to invite United States. They have straightened out FIFA. I am sure they can fix this one too because this has nothing to do with fair football competition but how governing body artificially maintances supremacy of the top clubs in Europe. I am tired of seeing same clubs buying big names and making final fours.

_Pelle_ 4 years ago

@Marcus2011: very very well said...👍

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

"I am tired of seeing same clubs buying big names and making final fours" <-- same here.

Although, the rule are not only for spending big... there are a lot more to that. I agree, there should be a whole different system to judge the matter and to break those clubs in power.

:D Talking about a club going out and buy all smaller club's talent. Bayern is a king of that :D

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

UEFA is preventing clubs like City, PSG, Monaco, Chelsea and whatever other clubs to get into big clubs circle

nah, they are preventing those clubs from buying their way into big clubs circle.

UEFA also wants part of the money. however I'd never understood how can a football fan stay behind City in this case. you should be happy that Abramovic was able to buy you titles before FFP.

_Pelle_ 4 years ago Edited

@quikzyyy: you are right in clubs trying to buy success... but are there really any other realistic chance to join that circle??? Really???

Its the same god d*mn teams winning almost everything every season...
B Munich the n Bundesliga
Juventus in Serie A
Barca and RM in la liga
PSG in ligue 1
Ajax PSV in deutch league
Porto Benfica in portuguese league
And its the same pattern in almost ALL other leagues including UCL!
We have EPL that has been a little bit of an exception lately, but historically even in EPL its been the exact same handful of teams decade after decade...

Im not saying you are wrong quickzyyy, but in my opinion Marcus2011 is spot on.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@quikzyyy: you are right in clubs trying to but success... but are there really any other realistic chance to join that circle??? Really???

Its the same god d*mn teams winning almost everything every season...
B Munich the n Bundesliga
Juventus in Serie A
Barca and RM in la liga
PSG in ligue 1
Ajax PSV in deutch league
Porto Benfica in portuguese league
And its the same pattern in almost ALL other leagues including UCL!
We have EPL that has been a little bit of an exception lately, but historically even in EPL its been the exact same handful of teams decade after decade...

Im not saying you are wrong quickzyyy, but in my opinion Marcus2011 is spot on.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002
  • 5. november 2018 Manchester City and their sponsors manipulated contracts to circumvent Uefa's Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations. The club allegedly misled Uefa by not revealing they had directed money to the club from the owner Sheikh Mansour and artificially inflated the value of their commercial income.
  • March 2019 Uefa begins investigating the club for potential breaches of its FFP regulations. Keep in mind that Uefa previously found City had breached FFP rules in 2014. To this Man. City replied by:

The accusation of financial irregularities is entirely false. The club's published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record.

• Valentine day 2019 BANNED

Imagine you attack UEFA (yeah they are corrupt as fuck, but once they are doing something right, people go mad) that all your documents are as perfect as they should be.
Imagine you have brand new 67.5 million/year sponsorship deal to help you with FFP.
Imagine that sponsor only paid 8 million while remaining tiny piece of 59.5 million was actually paid by the Skeihk himself.
Imagine accusing UEFA that all your documents are still as perfect as they should be.
Imagine saying the ban is unjustified after being warned, punished, warned again and yet still breaching the rules.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Let's say this ban is seriously unjustified like you said. UEFA unbans City and they could go and spend 10 billion next season and no one will stop them. Wouldn't even need shell companies like Chelsea with Abramovic. Football would be over.

_Pelle_ 4 years ago

It wouldnt surprise me though if UEFA does this to polish their image rather than really wanting to punish Man City.

Greatone 4 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

I think the main problem everyone is having with this decision is:

"If Man City is going to get banned for blatant disregard to the rules, why aren't all the other teams that blatantly disregarded the rules being punished"

If you agree with that statement then Man City being banned is the correct ruling. It's just not technically fair against Man City for being made an example of. (Obviously what Man City did is unfair against the rest of the teams who didn't cheat the system)

Ledley 4 years ago

"If Man City is going to get banned for blatant disregard to the rules, why aren't all the other teams that blatantly disregarded the rules being punished"

Most of the teams earned their money.

I.e Man United generated over $500 Million in revenue last season. They are allowed to spend equal to that.
Mancheater City did not generate that revenue, it came from the owner inflating the value of Sponsorships (Etihad is the Sheikhs brother) and commercial deals to match United.