Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Man City banned from UEFA Champions League for 2 seasons!
Yusuf_10 4 years ago
Manchester City, England 16 73

Ok if Man City is banned from UEFA Champions League for 2 seasons as well as £25 mln is crazy whats your veiw on this decision

Comments
quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

suggest you to watch this.

_Pelle_ 4 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

@Ledley:

I.e Man United generated over $500 Million in revenue last season. They are allowed to spend equal to that.

This is fair but still the elephant in the room in my opinin...

Because how are teams supposed to generate that kind of money if the system set-up prevent them from spending more than what they generate...?! How are they supposed to invest for the future...

The team that generates the most money will have more to spend, and consequently be in a more favorable position. And if “smaller” clubs try to challenge that in other ways, for example through young players from the academy, they always end up losing the best players to the team that can spend more... because it generates more.

And thats why teams like Southampton will never ever be able to reach up to teams like Liverpool or Man Utd, because the economic system hold them back.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

It's not the economic system that holds them back. You can invest money, you just can't buy immediately success like Chelsea, City or PSG.

City had posted combined losses of £149m for the first two seasons 2012-2013. How is this fair compared to other teams explain me?

Imagine 10 sheikhs buying 10 premier league clubs spending unlimited amount of money, they can spend 500 million on Messi, another 500 million on Mbappe and basically buy anyone they want to. Now what happens to remaining teams? Football would be dead.

_Pelle_ 4 years ago Edited

@quikzyyy: your point is only valid and unfair in regard of other top teams... (that earned their money with no sugar daddy).

But compared to the smaller clubs in the leagues and all the way down to amateur level football... it doesnt matter if it is Man City, Arsenal or Man Utd cleansing their academies from talanted players (and their main teams too!). The result for them is the same... actually short term they benefit more from a sugar daddy buying their talents, but in the long term they are STUCK down there.

The set-up of the system maintains and feeds the existing hierarchies. I no league will you find more than a very few handful of teams winning everything decade after decade after decade...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@quikzyyy: your point is only valid and unfair in regard of other top teams... (that earned their money with no sugar daddy).

But compared to the smaller clubs in the leagues and all the way down to amateur level football... it doesnt matter if it is Man City, Arsenal or Man Utd cleansing their academies from talanted players. The result for them is the same... actually short term they benefit more from a sugar daddy buying their talents, but in the long term they are STUCK down there.

The set-up of the system maintains and feeds the existing hierarchies. I no league will you find more than a very few handful of teams winning everything decade after decade after decade...

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

You are all missing a big picture because none of you are supporting any small club except Arsenal and Celtic fans. Joking except Celtic fans.

Ok now that I am done with banter.

It shouldn’t matter if your owner funds your club. Simple. I don’t give a sht who funds Tesla to compete against my beloved Mercedes brand. I only care for innovation, progress and change! These top football clubs don’t want any faking change, so they sit there with their high twisted morals about how they earned fair ( which is also under question with some clubs) and want fair competition but yet they rampage these small clubs during the transfer window with every tactic possible to take talents to their club.

I don’t care if Leicester becomes new top club, gets unlimited supply of money to turn into club with successful performances and positive cash flow. As longest they play fair football and win fairly on the field.

UEFA has forced team like City to cheat. These rules are anti competitive. It is anti free market. UEFA has created this environment where who ever has the big brand and most money gets the best talents! Who cares if next Ronaldo is playing , let’s say Ajax, When he is ready Real will come and grab him and no one else will challenge unless they have the money or the brand or at times both!

So quikzy how do you propose Leicester City to become top team in Europe? They have once lost Kante to us l, Mahrez to City and not mention who knows what’s going on in their books. Maybe they need cash injection just like any normal company that is going through aggressive growth?

I sincerely understand why fans of top clubs are for financial fair play because just like their club they don’t want their dominance to be over.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

If UEFA cares about football being fair then they should put caps on transfer amount or perhaps come up with other methods but to limit owners to invest into their club. If I make a billions by the time i get old, why I can’t I buy my favorite football and invest in it to make profitable, big and successful off and on the field.

You all used cry about money doesn’t buy success. What changed? Let them buy success even if it is short term. Market will take care of them because club can’t run on loses for so long eventually money runs out and not a single owner in the right mind wants to have a club that is huge expense!

quikzyyy 4 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

club can’t run on loses for so long eventually money runs out and not a single owner in the right mind wants to have a club that is huge expense!

you're forgetting that City is run by the country where the owner could probably buy every single player in this world if there was no FFP. he has put 1.5 billion into the club by 2018, do you think he cares if he makes profit of 10 million this year? can't fucking believe someone is actually backing City with this. Then of course, if FFP was invented earlier, you would be probably fan of other team.

• History

club can’t run on loses for so long eventually money runs out and not a single owner in the right mind wants to have a club that is huge expense!

you're forgetting that City is run by the country where the owner could probably buy every single player in this world if there was no FFP. he has put 1.5 billion into the club by 2018, do you think he cares if he makes profit of 10 million this year? can't fucking believe someone is actually stay backing UEFA with this decision.

_Pelle_ 4 years ago

@quikzyyy: You miss the point. No one is defending City. They are justly punished... for cheating the system put up by UEFA. However the same system is protecting bigger clubs in general and with its FFP it doesnt prevent smaller clubs from being sucked dry by bigger clubs. Just look at how UEFA changed the setup of UCL to meet the demands of the big clubs, because they were threatening to make an own super league (because of mainly economic reasons).

City is not the CAUSE to the problem of uneven/unfair competition. City is a consequence of a flawed system that UEFA is now trying to tinker.

uncle_touchy 4 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 123

^Psg is probably next mate, squeaky bum time huh? Off with their heads. Plus you're missing the point you can spend money you don't earn, off to league two!

Marcus2011 4 years ago

Quikzy

What is your solution to this ever widening gap between small and big clubs? How do you make it fair so big clubs don’t take foundation that small clubs are trying to build by growing young talents?

How many players Southampton has to loose every season to still be competitive instead of fighting for relegation? They have incredible football academy and scouts that found/gave top players to top clubs.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

Also to add. I never was FFP fan. I am capitalist at heart that believes in free market economy. Therefore, when I see how artificially markets of football being manipulated ( regulations, TV rights, governments, UEFA or FAs favoring certain clubs), it boils my blood. I want fair competition with a fair system in place to ensure that and I wouldn’t care if Chelsea goes out of top four because of that because if we are top club then we should step up the plate!

Ledley 4 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

What is your solution to this ever widening gap between small and big clubs?

Don't allow countries to own football clubs.

Manchester City = UAE.
Manchester United = FAmily owned business.
Leceister City = Family owned business.

Can you imagine the United States of America a country owning a Southampton for example. Now that is unfair competition. I.e, what is happening with City and PSG.

Marcus2011 4 years ago Edited

UAE = Family owned country = family owned Manchester City :)))

But in all seriousness are you saying that Sheikh Mansour as well as Mansour family are not family? UAE doesn't own the club but Sheikh does.

Are you saying that Manchester United is "mom and pop" type of club and only family should own clubs? hahaha United is publicly traded company listed on stock market, mate! It is incorporated as PLC.

Question is quite simple. What can UEFA do to help small clubs to reach their ambitions of reaching top 4 or winning the league? You don't think Southampton fans dream of their team lifting EPL cup let alone European cup one day? These clubs have incredible long history but not much in the major trophy department.

What UEFA's current system does only helps big clubs. I hope City can tell them to f*ck off, and continue building domestically. Manchester City has brought, so many opportunities for UK. State of the art academies and sporting facilities. Job opportunities, community development and these fckers at UEFA think that they have the right to deprive owner from investing into his own club because it is unfair to other top clubs...

Unfair is when Barcelona and Real win CL with dodgy referee decisions, then get more endorsements, sponsorships, final prize money and we all know it but no one does anything. Unfair is when they punish some clubs in transfer market in such a way that it wouldn't really matter because they did all their shoppings. should I go on or do you watch enough football to follow who is the cancer of the football?

• History

UAE = Family owned country = family owned Manchester City :)))

But in all seriousness are you saying that Sheikh Mansour as well as Mansour family are not family? UAE doesn't own the club but Sheikh does.

Are you saying that Manchester United is "mom and pop" type of club and only family should own clubs? hahaha United is publicly traded company listed on stock market, mate! It is incorporated as PLC.

Question is quite simple. What can UEFA do to help small clubs to reach their ambitions of reaching top 4 or winning the league? You don't think Southampton fans dream of their team lifting EPL cup let alone European cup one day? These clubs have incredible long history but not much in the major trophy department.

What UEFA's current system does only helps big clubs. I hope City can tell them to f*ck off, and continue building domestically. Manchester City has brought, so many opportunities for UK. State of the art academies and sporting facilities. Job opportunities, community development and these fckers at UEFA think that they have the right to deprive owner from investing into his own club because it is unfair...

Unfair is when Barcelona and Real win CL with dodgy referee decisions, then get more endorsements, sponsorships, final prize money and we all know it but no one does anything. Unfair is when they punish some clubs in transfer market in such a way that it wouldn't really matter because they did all their shoppings. should I go on or do you watch enough football to follow who is the cancer of the football?

_Pelle_ 4 years ago

@uncle_touchy Squeaky bum? So as a parisian PSG fan from 1997 Im not allowed to give my opinion you twat?! Watch me support them in amateur level if that would happen you sob. F*ck off with ppl like you trying to silence others with no arguments, just because they support teams you don like.

_Pelle_ 4 years ago

And if PSG is going down, so be it... but UEFAs system still needs to be thrown in the garbage bin. Everyone acknowledges that except for fans to the clubs winning everything every year... that and Man Utd fans (because they cant stand that their fiercest rival wins more-so they only whine about Man City).

How is it even allowed for an owner to take multibillion loans for a club (like Man utd, RM) and then UEFA sets up a system that forbids teams from spending more than what they earn?! The net income is lower... and earning to pay back loans shouldnt be counted as true earnings. Why is UEFA allowing those big clubs get away with that... Would UEFA let smaller clubs take huge loans as a future investment? No! Because they cant ”earn” the money the bigger clubs do. Its a vicious cycle the smaller teams are stuck in, and which teams like Man Utd are not.
And why isnt UEFA taking into account differing tax rates in different countries?!! This is another major problem favoring countries with lower tax rate... The system is flawed AF!

Hypocrites whine about how corrupt UEFA/FIFA but they dont ask for fundamental changes.

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Now that's hit hard...

I think only the football governing and tax can enter and solve it. I dont know the solution, it's tough. Economist must come up with a model for a fairer system, and to minimize the gaps between all clubs.

• May be co-efficient points and the rewards. The lower you are the higher the rewards
  • May be limitation in transfer market,

FFP is still neccessary but should be executed correctly

_Pelle_ 4 years ago

FFP is needed. But the way it is now... its too flawed.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Sheikh Mansour, is an Emirati royal who is the deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emirates, minister of presidential affairs and member of the royal family of Abu Dhabi. He is the half brother of the current President of UAE. He is also the chairman of the ministerial council for services, the Emirates Investment Authority and the Emirates Racing Authority. He sits on the Supreme Petroleum Council and the boards of numerous investment companies including the International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) and the Abu Dhabi Investment Council (IDIC).

so yeah, you're right UAE doesn't own the club on the paper.

so PSG and City made the gap smaller by winning the league by 20 points, breaking all the records putting 6 past every team, buying all the talent on the market?

_Pelle_ 4 years ago

Because its only PSG and City that beat other teams by 6-0

uncle_touchy 4 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 123

Awww he's mad cause his lil Sunday League team is next. Btw psg are trash even after breaking ffp, aren't you annoyed seeing your team get wrecked in UCL every year?

Anyways TL;Dr your opinion is just like Sunflash's irrelevant. Definitely squeaky bum time mate.