Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Lallana completes move to Liverpool
nandaYNWA 10 years ago Edited
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

LINK: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/165545-liverpool-complete-lallana-deal

I don't really know how to feel about this. I feel that he was a bit overpriced at $41.7 million (Australian currency)

Couple of things:
-Is he overpriced?
-He does have Premier League experience which will be beneficial
-Is he Liverpool's marquee signing? (hope not)
-Feel sorry for Southampton because all their significant players are being poached by bigger clubs
-Will he be another Carroll?

Anyway, thoughts?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.
Comments
KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

I don't want to get too deep into this argument you guys are having, but I'd just like to point out that Sterling is making £35000/week, not 150 000 !!!! that would be more than ozil at arsenal.

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Well Spain and Germany has good clubs and good national teams, the we cant have both argument is a little stupid...
The big players all over History did amazing while in national teams, maybe some are just biased or systematically overrating everything made in England...
I dont care if its a motivation problem, hunger or formation, i only rely on pitch results and Even Italian youth seem better at the moment than the English...
I always watch youth WC and i NEVER EVER saw a good English performence, while Spanish and Germans are always there.
I want to make an effort and try to understand this view who tell us that English players are world class, i just want them to perform ONE FUCKING TIME ON THE PITCH to understand...

• History

Well Spain and Germany has good clubs and good national teams, the we cant have both argument is a little stupid...
The big players all over History did amazing while in national teams, maybe some are just biased or systematically overrating everything made in England...
I dont care if its a motivation problem, hunger or formation, i only rely on pitch results and Even Italian youth seem better at the moment than the English...
I always watch youth WC and i NEVER EVER saw a good English performence, while Spanish and Germans are always there.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

I don't want to hurt the english in saying this, but the england national team has never had that many great talents on it. They're no Brazil or Germany, or Argentina. What england have is the best footballing tradition in the world, and that makes the EPL the best league in the world. I'm not saying the EPL teams are better than la liga teams for example, I'm just saying that the EPL has the richest history, the best fans AND the most fans, the best stadiums etc. Imo england's pride is the EPL, the FA Cup, things no other country can have.

tiki_taka 10 years ago

EPL has the richest history ?? Really ?
I think you never watched Calcio in his peak, and i think you know nothing about Spanish clubs History but i agree about tradition and stadiums...
Im only focused on results and playing style and strenght, but yes the atmosphere is better in England and thats it for the moment.

KingHenry 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@tiki yes it has the richest history

Edit : I'll elaborate because why not. The FA Cup is the oldest football competition in the world, its first edition was in 1871. The English football league was the first in the world and started in 1888. England have countless clubs that are above 100 years old. The English invented the sport god damnit. England just have the richest history in football, you can't argue against that.

I don't care as much for results and playing style as I care for the experience of being a fan, the EPL is the best league in the world for a football fan.

• History

@tiki yes

Perhaps, but the trophies are elsewhere...

edit :

Since i saw what is written behind and to sick on topic here is the facts :

CL general performence by nation :

Country -------- Winners-------Runners up
Spain----------------14--------------10----------
Italy------------------12--------------14--------
England-------------12--------------7----------
Germany-------------7---------------10---------

Number of participating clubs of the Champions League era :

Spain : 13 ( Real madrid - Barcelona - Atletico Madrid - Real Sociedad - Athletic Bilbao- Sevilla - Betis - Mallorca - Malaga - Deportivo la Coruna - Valencia - Villareal - Celta Vigo )

Germany : 10 ( Munich - Leverkusen - Dortmund - Stuttgart- Bremen - Schalke 04 - Kaiserslautern - Hertha - Wolfsburg )

France : 10

England : 9 ( Unuited - City - Arsenal - Liverpool - Newcastle - Blackburn - Leeds - Spurs - Chelsea )

By Semi finals appearences :

Real Madrid : 25
Bayern Munich : 16
Barcelona : 15
Milan : 13
Manchester United : 12
Juventus : 10
Liverpool : 9
Benfica : 8
Inter Milan : 8
Ajax : 8
Chelsea : 7
Red star Belgrade : 4
Atletico Madrid : 4

• History

edit : Since i saw what is written behind and to sick on topic here is the facts :

CL general performence by nation :
Country -------- Winners-------Runners up

Spain----------------14--------------10----------
Italy------------------12--------------14--------

England-------------12--------------7----------
Germany-------------7---------------10---------

Number of participating clubs of the Champions League era :

Spain : 13 ( Real madrid - Barcelona - Atletico Madrid - Real Sociedad - Athletic Bilbao- Sevilla - Betis - Mallorca - Malaga - Deportivo la Coruna - Valencia - Villareal - Celta Vigo )

Germany : 10 ( Munich - Leverkusen - Dortmund - Stuttgart- Bremen - Schalke 04 - Kaiserslautern - Hertha - Wolfsburg )

France : 10

England : 9 ( Unuited - City - Arsenal - Liverpool - Newcastle - Blackburn - Leeds - Spurs - Chelsea )

By Semi finals appearences :

Real Madrid : 25
Bayern Munich : 16
Barcelona : 15
Milan : 13
Manchester United : 12
Juventus : 10
Liverpool : 9
Benfica : 8
Inter Milan : 8
Ajax : 8
Chelsea : 7
Red star Belgrade : 4
Atletico Madrid : 4

Lodatz 10 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

"Perhaps, but the trophies are elsewhere..."

Not by an enormous margin.

Spain have won 14 European Cups, Italy and England have won 12 each. Hardly a poor showing, is it?

And you know what else? Spain's wins have been by only 2 clubs (have a guess which ones :p), and Italy's have been by 3 teams (Milan, Inter and Juve), whereas England have produced 12 wins by 5 clubs (Liverpool, United, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, Chelsea). So, it's hardly the case that 'the trophies have been elsewhere', is it?

And if we're talking about recent times, the PL is still sitting on 8 finalists over the last 10 years, whereas Spain still only have 5, including last season. So...

There's really no need to have an argument about the leagues, here, but if you really want to, then let's at least keep it factual,. tiki. Or, we could just not have an argument about the leagues. That seems better to me.

Either way, the point I was making earlier is that England are in the position where they either continue to have the Premier League as the place where most of the world's best come to play, and suffer internationally because of it, or they focus on their international set-up and youth, and lose their attractiveness because teams would then have to favour English players.

Ironically, the English clubs would have to BECOME biased towards English players in order to do that. Right now? They most certainly are not, and that's possibly the problem.

Any chance we could stick to the topic...?

• History

^ Not by an enormous margin.

Spain have won 14 European Cups, Italy and England have won 12 each. Hardly a poor showing, is it?

And you know what else? Spain's wins have been by only 2 clubs (have a guess which ones :p), and Italy's have been by 3 teams (Milan, Inter and Juve), whereas England have produced 12 wins by 5 clubs (Liverpool, United, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa, Chelsea). So, it's hardly the case that 'the trophies have been elsewhere', is it?

And if we're talking about recent times, the PL is still sitting on 8 finalists over the last 10 years, whereas Spain still only have 5, including last season. So...

There's really no need to have an argument about the leagues, here, but if you really want to, then let's at least keep it factual,. tiki. Or, we could just not have an argument about the leagues. That seems better to me.

Either way, the point I was making earlier is that England are in the position where they either continue to have the Premier League as the place where most of the world's best come to play, and suffer internationally because of it, or they focus on their international set-up and youth, and lose their attractiveness because teams would then have to favour English players.

Ironically, the English clubs would have to BECOME biased towards English players in order to do that. Right now? They most certainly are not, and that's possibly the problem.

^ Not by an enormous margin.

Any chance we could stick to the topic...?

Lodatz 10 years ago Edited

It's funny that tiki's edited, extra text doesn't actually change the fact that England have the joint-second number of European Cups in history, alongside Italy.

How someone can claim that is evidence of a lack of 'rich history', or a lack of 'trophies', is beyond me, but then, I dare say that bias may be involved. ;)

To pretend that the English league doesn't have a rich (and yes, the richest) history is plain arrogance, ignorance and an insult to the English game.

It's also a broken record, that will not change, no matter how many facts are brought to light.

• History

^ Wow. Rather than respond in a reply, you edit a post hoping that I will not find it, and be able to respond. That's a new low.

But, as to what you edited to say:

"CL general performence by nation :"

You are basically just citing the same fact that I cited. Why do you feel this helps your argument against the English league? In fact, why are you making an argument against the English league in the first place, again? Is this not what people have been complaining about for, well a YEAR now?

"Number of participating clubs of the Champions League era :"

The Champions League era began in 1993. I thought you were interested in history. Why are you now choosing to ignore any history before 1993? We can both play that game. Want to see? Let's try, oh, the last 10 years. In the last 10 years:

England finalists: 8 (4 clubs) Spanish finalists: 5 (3 clubs).

Do you want to continue playing this game? :)

"By Semi finals appearences : "

Wait a second. Now you've SWITCHED again, to the entire history of the European Cup, not just the Champions League era. Want to know how I know that, even without going to check? Because the CL era has been going only 21 years, and you have Madrid featuring in 25 semi-finals. LOL

Are you cherry picking only the stats that help your argument, and ignoring everything else? Are you just so unwilling to take back your insulting, biased, arrogant statement that the ENglish league have not won trophies? Can you not just grow a pair of balls, grow into an adult and just admit you are WRONG?

Please? For the good of the forum, will you just admit that you are being biased against English football for no reason whatsoever?

Just ONCE?

^ Wow. Rather than respond in a reply, you edit a post hoping that I will not find it, and be able to respond. That's a new low.

You are basically just citing the same fact that I cited. Why do you feel this helps your argument against the English league? In fact, why are you making an argument against the English league in the first place, again? Is this not what people have been complaining about for, well a YEAR now?

The Champions League era began in 1993. I thought you were interested in history. Why are you now choosing to ignore any history before 1993? We can both play that game. Want to see? Let's try, oh, the last 10 years. In the last 10 years:

Wait a second. Now you've SWITCHED again, to the entire history of the European Cup, not just the Champions League era. Want to know how I know that, even without going to check? Because the CL era has been going only 21 years, and you have Madrid featuring in 25 semi-finals. LOL

Are you cherry picking only the stats that help your argument, and ignoring everything else? Are you just so unwilling to take back your insulting, biased, arrogant statement that the ENglish league have not won trophies? Can you not just grow a pair of balls, grow into an adult and just admit you are WRONG?

Please? For the good of the forum, will you just admit that you are being biased against English football for no reason whatsoever, and that your argument is wrong?

Just ONCE?

Please? For the good of the forum, will you just admit that you are being biased against English football for no reason whatsoever, and that your statements are wrong?

Just ONCE?

^ Wow. Rather than respond in a reply, tiki has edited his post, hoping that I will not see it because it doesn't register as a new reply in the thread, and be able to respond. That's a new low.

But, as to what he edited to say:

Please? For the good of the forum, will you just admit that you are being biased against English football for no reason whatsoever, and that your statements are wrong?

Just ONCE?

^ Wow. Rather than respond in a reply, tiki has edited his post, hoping that I will not see it because it doesn't register as a new reply in the thread, and be able to respond. That's a new low.

You are basically just citing the same fact that I cited. Why do you feel this helps your argument against the English league? In fact, why are you making an argument against the English league in the first place, again? Is this behavior of yours not what people have been complaining about for, well, a YEAR now?

Can't you just stop behaving that way?

Just ONCE?

You are basically just citing the same fact that I cited. Why do you feel this helps your argument against the English league? In fact, why are you making an argument against the English league in the first place, again? Is this behavior of yours not what people have been complaining about for, well, a YEAR now?

Are you cherry picking only the stats that help your argument, and ignoring everything else? Are you just so unwilling to take back your insulting, biased, arrogant and CLEARLY incorrect statement that the English league have not won trophies? Can you not just grow a pair of balls, grow into an adult and just admit you are WRONG?

Just ONCE?

Seriously. You wanted to talk about 'trophies', and yet the moment someone points out how many trophies have actually been won, you suddenly want to talk about finals, and semi-finals, and blah blah blah.

So. Tired. Of. This. Bullshit.

Are you cherry picking only the stats that help your argument, and ignoring everything else? Are you just so unwilling to take back your insulting, biased, arrogant and CLEARLY incorrect statement that the English league have not won trophies? Can you not just grow a pair of balls, grow into an adult and just admit you are WRONG?

Just ONCE?

Seriously. You wanted to talk about 'trophies', and yet the moment someone points out how many trophies have actually been won, you suddenly want to talk about finals, and semi-finals, and blah blah blah.

So. Tired. Of. This. Bullshit. Seriously, why should English fans have to sit here and take this constant disrespect? What says arrogance and 'fan-boy' more than someone who cannot spend more than a few days without insulting the league of another country?

They have a rich History but not the richest, the arrogance is saying the opposite.
No if you dont mind sticking to topic too ?

• History

They have a rich History but not the richest, the arrogance is saying the opposite.

Lodatz 10 years ago

No, 150 years of history is not arrogance. It's history. History of which you are ignorant.

This topic was doing just fine until, you insulted England.

Why are you always insulting England?

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lodatz

I didn't reply because I felt that I didn't feel like I had anything positive left to contribute to the discussion. But I will agree with you here. England have the richest club football history in all of Europe. Italy and Spain are probably right behind them.

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

and there we go with League vs League debates...

TheGame 10 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@tiki_taka, mate you can't argue about PL's history. I mean Stoke City were founded 37 years prior to FC Barcelona.

Marcus2011 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Adam Lallana: £25m, 1 Johnstone's Paint Trophy with Southampton

Toni Kroos: £24m, 12 trophies with Bayern and a World Cup!

• History

Adam Lallana: £25m, 1 Johnstone's Paint Trophy with Southampton

Toni Kroos: £24m, 12 trophies with Bayern and a World Cup!

Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Marcus

Lol, rumors have it that it was less. 25 Million Euros is what I heard. Should be 19.8 Million Pounds if I'm not misinformed.

• History

Lol, rumors have it that it was less. 25 Million Euros is what I heard. Should be 19.8 Million Pounds if I'm not misinformed.

Marcus2011 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

well that is even worse .

In all fairness Kroos had one year left on contract and Real Madrid with it's reputation can bargain out good deals because often players push for the deal to happen harder than a selling club . If Liverpool had went for Kroos , they would not get him for same price and probably Kroos would not choose Liverpool over Real Madrid ( there are few players in the world who would turn down a chance to play for Real ) .

Still Lallana overpriced compare to Kroos .

• History

In all fairness Kroos had one year left on contract and Real Madrid with it's reputation can bargain out good deals because often players push for the deal to happen harder than a selling club . If Liverpool had went for Kroos , they would not get him for same price and probably Kroos would not choose Liverpool over Real Madrid ( there are few players in the world who would turn down a chance to play for Real ) .

Still Lalana overpriced compare to Kroos .

Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

To be fair though, English players have always been overpriced.

ArsenalGunners 10 years ago
Arsenal, England 37 1662

Lallana 26 year old 25m , 0 trophies in career. Kroos 24 year old 20m 13 major trophies at Bayern and 1 world cup. Thats some business by Real Madrid...

Lodatz 10 years ago

@Ven: to be fair, that's a myth, and the last 3 pages of this thread contain some stellar information explaining this. It's a tired, old anti-English cliche that is about as true as the myth that Chelsea play 'antifootball'. Extremely tired of it, in fact.

Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

You can't get me on your side with your flattering comparisons... it won't work this time!