Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

How is everyone doing?
Emrecan_58 3 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Hello people,

It's been a while we haven't really had some off topic conversations. Maybe you had some during the times I wasn't active that much. But we have time until football starts again after the Euros. So I thought I'd give it a chance.
I was wondering how everyone is doing with their lives? I remember when I first joined this community like more than 8 years ago. I was a child with a whole different mentailty. A lot has changed since then. Some active members who we had conversations everyday has left, some stayed. Some of us had gone through tough times, maybe still going through. Some of us got married, had children. Who knows maybe some of us even died. (Such positivity xd)

Just a thread passing through checking on the good people of this community.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Hello people,

So it's been a while we haven't really had some off topic conversations. Maybe it was done during the times I wasn't active that much. We have time until the football starts again..
I was wondering how everyone is doing with their lives? I remember when I first joined this community like more than 8 years ago. I was a child with a whole different mentailty. A lot has changed since then. Some active members who we had conversations everyday has left, some stayed. Some of us had gone through tough times, maybe still going through. Who knows maybe some of us even died. (Such positivity xd)

Hello people,

So it's been a while we haven't really had some off topic conversations. Maybe you had some during the times I wasn't active that much. But we have time until the football starts again after the Euros. So I thought I'd give it a chance.
I was wondering how everyone is doing with their lives? I remember when I first joined this community like more than 8 years ago. I was a child with a whole different mentailty. A lot has changed since then. Some active members who we had conversations everyday has left, some stayed. Some of us had gone through tough times, maybe still going through. Who knows maybe some of us even died. (Such positivity xd)

Hello people,

So it's been a while we haven't really had some off topic conversations. Maybe you had some during the times I wasn't active that much. But we have time until football starts again after the Euros. So I thought I'd give it a chance.

Hello people,

It's been a while we haven't really had some off topic conversations. Maybe you had some during the times I wasn't active that much. But we have time until football starts again after the Euros. So I thought I'd give it a chance.

Hello people,

I was wondering how everyone is doing with their lives? I remember when I first joined this community like more than 8 years ago. I was a child with a whole different mentailty. A lot has changed since then. Some active members who we had conversations everyday has left, some stayed. Some of us had gone through tough times, maybe still going through. Some of us got married, had childre . Who knows maybe some of us even died. (Such positivity xd)

Comments
Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Emrecan Hey Emre, good on you for making such a thread, hope you are doing well. Personally, I'm good, not much has changed in my live. I'm still a somewhat immature lad with too much free time on his hand enjoying football despite being a neutral fan. Other than that, I would say I tried to become more disciplined with how I take care of my health and focus on trying to help my family anyway I can. I also need to work on my football knoweldge, understanding tactics and such more would truly benefit me more.

Gennady 3 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Doing alright, except for the fact that Bangkok has almost 12,000 corona cases daily and that's where I am right now :)

Emrecan_58 3 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@Emobot7 That's great to hear man. Take care of your health. There's no need to support a team to enjoy football. We need neutrals like you.

@Gennady Oh that number is quite high yeah. Be sure to stay safe. My father also plans to go there this year to stay a while after the cases go down. If he goes there, I might also visit. I heard that there are some protests going on in Thailand against the government also. Hope everyone's ok.

Gennady 3 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

@Emrecan_58

Yeah, I would only suggest coming here next year probably. Now everything's pretty messed up in here and everything is pretty much closed. Can't sit in restaurants to eat, only take aways, I haven't been to a cinema since like March or something lol last time went clubbing was in the beginning of March, so yeah ... pretty fu'ed up

SunFlash 3 years ago
USA 19 3260

How's Belgium Emre? I've missed that darn country so much over the past year and a half of being cooped up in various lockdowns.

Keeping it short, I'm doing a bit better now, playing sports and going to the gym consistently, working on my thesis which should be done in December, and have squirreled away a not insignificant amount of money to really start my post-uni life.

That said, last year sucked. I had to move back to Canada and pursue my master's here instead of in Belgium due to the ambiguity of covid at the time and visas (February 2020), and then the thesis I wanted to do got canned and I had to do something my professor provided (and is paying me to do) but it's not what I wanted. Coupled with the fact that my entire undergrad social circle graduated and moved wherever they could to find work in a pandemic economy, I lost all my friends, my girlfriend (who I had to leave in Belgium when I returned to Canada sadly), my choice of uni, and even my bloody research topic. Add in the fact that with lockdowns it was basically impossible to create a new circle of friends, I felt as though I regressed in every area of my life.

Things have improved a lot over the past few months, but honestly I just want to be working full-time and putting all this education to use. Finding new friends, new relationships, and moving out from my parent's house that I never intended to return to are the priority as soon as the end of this year rolls around and I graduate.

It is weird to think about us years ago on this forum. I was an argumentative little kid on his way to becoming a lawyer, and now I'm a much more calm young adult who is sick to death of having his life on hold. We've all grown together a bit, in a way.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

Wow Sunflash, you sure went through years of experiences all in a 12 to 15 months time frame. (probably shorter the way things closed up)

One thing that will stand out in pretty much everyone's recap is struggles and losing a lot of connections. I know for a fact how important those connections can be, and even if you can only speak on forums/text/video, just know that you are not alone!

This place is special! We won't agree on everything, but for damn sure, we all love football. You have your fav player or team, someone else knows this style or tactic more than someone else, we all have opinions, but you are not alone!

Football is one giant family!!!!

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Emre Thanks mate.

@Gennady Take care of yourself and of your health, mate. I'll be wishing for you to stay safe on my side. ;)

@Sunflash Wow, don't know what to say, seem like Covid-19 been especially rough to you. I really hope thing work out for you in the end and you're finally able to do what you want to do. Good luck Sun.

@DarthFooty Completely agreed about football being a giant family, even if its a bit corny, I'd like to think its true. Hope you are doing okay as well mate. How your situation where you at?

Emrecan_58 3 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@SunFlash Sorry to hear that man. But I am pretty sure thing's will get a lot better for you once you gradute this year. I know you're a determined guy and you'll manage. Pandemic didn't help at all in this case. But it will get better. You're always welcome here if you visit Belgium ;)
Belgium is fine. I have always lived inside university campuses so I didn't feel the effects of pandemic to a certain extent. But it is recovering lately after the vaccinations. The cases go up a little bit but we have to live with it. Watching the Euro's in Belgium was lit. You know in Oude Markt Leuven it was full of screens in every bar available.
My suggestion would be to search for a job in Europe after you graduate. I feel like you enjoyed Europe very much. But you know I'd prefer Netherlands than Belgium.

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Hi emre and old users, glad to see some news of you...

Gennady covid isn't that dangerous so don't worry that much hope the country you live in comeback to life, Sun you were in Belgium ? Love their people friendly and nice comparing to us specially from Paris 😄

This period was difficult for everyone, I changed my job again, changed city, divorced... Got back to a football club 😄 I'm now the overweighted technical guy in the squad 😅

Well in France they are pushing us to get vaccinated, I won't do it so it will be difficult times for me not getting to bars or restaurants but it's my decision, got the Covid-19 English variant in April, but I was fine...

I followed less football except Barca, CL and Euro games...

My character didn't really changed but there are no really big arguments since PL clubs got consistency and results in Europe, Spanish lost it and dropped level in CL. I think back at the time I was 100% I was right on judging club levels and now if we go back results are giving me right. It's not a league strength argument if you win a league by one point margin or competitiveness. Always told it and got slammed here by old users. Atleti one the league by one point margin, City by many points, still PL this season was more competitive having teams with incredible consistency... And as a factual result Chelsea won CL and City got into the final.
Switch things back at the time and you see that my logic was the right one. 😁
The game has been more balanced the competitions more open, and everyone agree on this but contradiction and heat bring activity on the forum and more participations ☺️

I lost taste of debating anyway, I don't see any point I can completely disagree and I stopped my political matters because it hurt me a lot professionally and personally. Im not afraid but i should fight for my family first. And things are going really well not to face the negativity of this world and dominance of these people... And I feel much more better focusing on work and enjoying life. Can't change anything anyway...

I'm still around here from time to time, but FR need to do something in the video highlights... Many stopped following them for some reason it can bring life in here.

tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Cheeeeers everyone,

Thanks for sharing all the life details, I feel all the bumps you guys are telling....

Similar to everyone, the past 1,5 year have been pretty crappy, but there are also a lot of bright side from it for me. I can't travel, can't visit my motherland, my root (stuck here in the Netherlands), couldn't play indoor sport (Squash), so I picked up tennis again and been flying :D:D:D, now I play both, and football.

I get to spend a lot of times with my little son, it has been wonderful.

it has been up and down but I am in tip top physical condition, after being a pig the first few month, I forced myself into a routine and stick to that, it was tad boring for the first 5 months, then I'm used to it, until everything was opened again.

Work has been crazy, I'm responsible for some of the hottest products in my field on the market, but it comes with lots and lots of stress, zoom fatigue is real guys.

I'm stuck in the Netherlands, but everything is fine.

_Pelle_ 3 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

I’m fine! With family in southern germany/switzerland enjoying the the small towns and villages😁

The only thing missing in my life now is for the next season to start!

Cheers!

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Hi Emre, I have to admit to my life getting so much busier I lost a bit of interest watching football, but I watched every game of the Euro 2020 so I hope I can get back to loving it as much as before and become the "expert" again :)

All the best!

_Pelle_ 3 years ago

Man... I wrote two days ago and everything was nice. Since then I got calls telling me that my two uncles died in covid.

It feels surreal... One day they’re here and the next they’re gone.

Take care of yourselves.

_Pelle_ 3 years ago

@expertfootball11: I know the feeling. Those are periods we go through. You will find time for football.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Pelle Damn, that hurt man, my sympathy. :(

Emrecan_58 3 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@tiki_taka

My character didn't really changed but there are no really big arguments since PL clubs got consistency and results in Europe, Spanish lost it and dropped level in CL.

Wow things really have changed ha! :D I was also thinking the same for the last couple of years. Years ago I was a strong La Liga defender like you but now as you said it dropped a level.

And things are going really well not to face the negativity of this world and dominance of these people... And I feel much more better focusing on work and enjoying life. Can't change anything anyway

Indeed. I feel what you say man. Keep this up for your own sake. The negativity of the world will always be there. Sometimes in front of our eyes, sometimes in social media, sometimes some parts of the world (Especially Africa) that we don't even hear about. Maybe you can't change anything on a higher level but you first try to change it with yourself and then your family-friends and the environment, for the good. Things will get better in that order.

@tuan_jinn

I get to spend a lot of times with my little son, it has been wonderful.

Great to hear that man! I wish you will have many more good years with your loved ones.

Work has been crazy, I'm responsible for some of the hottest products in my field on the market, but it comes with lots and lots of stress, zoom fatigue is real guys.

Lit! I can imagine the stress though.

@Pelle

With family in southern germany/switzerland enjoying the the small towns and villages

You know Garmisch-Partenkirchen in Southern Germany? I love that place man. Amazing nature.

I got calls telling me that my two uncles died in covid.

So sorry to hear that mate. My condolences to you and your family.

The life we live is just an artificial time the humanity created to satisfy its needs. It lasts as long as a snap of your fingers. The universe is huge and human life is just a part of the dust in the universe. So live it to the best you can. Noone stays.

@expertfootball11

Agreed. We grew up with the time and the experiences we had. We lost interests on the things that made us happy to join the monotonous life of the regular order that only makes us busy and stressed.

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Absolutely, before reaching adulthood I never experienced stuff like loneliness, anxiety or things like that... I just never felt them. Thank god my bad episodes are behind me and managed to overcame (not even that hard) but it still leaves a small scar behind, football was part of my daily life and I hope it will become one day again.

voyager1beeran 3 years ago
0 3

If I had discovered this thread a month ago, I’d say everything is fine. Heck, even better than it was pre-covid. But it isn’t. Have you guys ever had a situation where a friend or a loved one tells you that you’re going off the deep end, and then at that moment you snap out of whatever you’re doing, only to realize how close you’ve come to the edge? I’ve had a thing like that happen to me.

When covid hit I was one of the first to lose my job. The company I worked in was producing car parts and one day we literally ran out of resources. First, the factory floor people got sacked, then the rest of us got the notice. So I went home and started looking for another gig. That turned into a struggle. Depression got to me, and I’ve found my escape in gaming. Got stuck on CS:GO for a good while. The thrill of opening cases and getting rare skins was the only time I’ve felt good in a day.

Anyways, long story short, a good friend of mine comes over one day, and he tells me I’ve got a gambling problem. At first, I thought he was legit crazy, but then he shows me this https://www.nodepositdaily.com/features/differences-between-gambling-and-gaming/ , and it all clicks. I’ve been spending a lot of money that I don’t have, on things that don’t matter. My job search was going nowhere, and I was stuck. The realization of how messed up I was felt like someone woke me up from a lucid dream. I’m better now, but I don’t want to experience anything like that ever again.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

@Voy Thank you for sharing and I am glad to hear you are doing better.

Depression is a trickster. Many who are depressed don't even know it and in some cases, it is too late to get pulled back.

Like greaving, there is no one-way depression affects someone and it can be masked really well if those around you are not paying attention. Had it not been for my wife, I might still be going through the paces thinking I am doing everything just as I had always done, which would have ruined everything eventually.

She was brave enough to try and talk to me, but more importantly, she stuck by and pushed because I was in complete denial for the longest time. I wasn't depressed, that was stupid. I wasn't acting any different, you don't know what you are talking about! It was always someone else's fault and not mine, I was doing just fine!

Just like you said, Voy, the realization once that fog gets lifted is insane and completely sobering.

It is important to have people around you or have a network. But more important is to have people who are willing to go that extra step to call you out on your bullsh*^, or push back when you get defensive. Those are the people you need, and they arent always blood family.

I hope everyone can find a place to talk. Again, we get on each other here because we don't all support the same player or team, but at the end of the day, we are all footy family.

tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@voyager1beeran thanks for sharing.

Indeed, that the problem a lot of people has and not realised on time. Before they know it, they have wasted money and time.

On the bright side, gaming really isn't too bad but you must balance it, the logical and analytical thinking in gaming actually helps developing your brain and reflection, also if you learn to stay cool and calm at the right time. Realize it before it affecting your real life.

Best of luck mate.