Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

How far will Mo Salah go
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

So you all know Salah have had a incredible season thus far and I started to wonder how far he would go, what title he would win. For me, he is well on his way to win PFA best EPL player of the season with the performance he currently given. But could there be more? Do you guys think he might win the Golden Boots? And where will he be on the Ballon d'or list? Top 3? Top 10? Higher?

Just to compare his stat in term of goal and assist with the like of Messi and Ronaldo on a club level, you'll already see how impressive it is:

Name | Appearances | Goal | Assist
Salah | 39 | 35 | 10
Ronaldo | 32 | 32 | 6
Messi | 38 | 33 | 14

Seem pretty damn close to me, so what you think? Is Salah on the same level as Messi and Ronaldo this season? Will this last? What will this give him in the end?

Comments
SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

thread about Salah

people arguing about Messi

God I hate this place

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Sun You could obviously ignore the people who love to go out of topic and focus on people making good on topic post like Rayrex but obviously, it up to you. I personally have no problem accepting certain thing will sadly alway be the same. My own fault btw for comparing Salah stat with Messi and Ronaldo but still, I agree it can get annoying sometime. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Sun You could obviously ignore the people who love to go out of topic and focus on people making good on topic post like Rayrex but obviously, it up to you. I personally have no problem accepting certain thing will sadly alway be the same. My own fault btw for comparing Salah stat with Messi and Ronaldo but still, I agree it can can't annoying sometime. :(

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

out of topic but sad that kdb is out of the conversation in just few weeks. midfielders like iniesta, xavi, modric, kroos and pirlo can hardly make it to the top 3 list of ballon d'or as history shows. :p

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Salah scoring so much pushed De Bruyne out of the spotlight.
Still he and Silva should be among the candidates for the poty.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Anyways... as I was saying ... Salah will go very far.

538 11435

@thebaldgenius I know, agree and think its a shame, number of goal scored and of assist overtake what midfielder over to a team. Player like KDB and Silva are so complete, scoring goal in important game, delivering key pass, controlling the temp of the game and even pressing to help their team get back the possession of the ball. Its so annoying its get harder to compare those stat with goal and assist.

@Golazo There are 6 PFA player of the year who get in the nominee I believe, I'm pretty sure you are right and KDB and Silva will be among them.

@Marcus Any reason you insist on saying that without adding any more. :P It was funny the first time but now it sound a bit cryptic.

• History

@thebaldgenius I know, agree and think its a shame, number of goal scored and of assist overtake what midfielder over to a team. Player like KDB and Silva are so complete, scoring goal in important game, delivering key pass, controlling the temp of the game and even pressing to help their team get back the possession of the ball. Its so annoying its get harder to compare those stat with goal and assist.

@Golazo There are 6 PFA player of the year who get in the nominee I believe, I'm pretty sure you are right and KDB and Silva will get be among them.

@Golazo There are 6 PFA player of the year who get in the nominee I believe, I'm pretty sure you are right and KDB and Silva will get be among them.

@Marcus Any reason you insist on saying that without adding any more. :P It was funny the first time but now it sound a bit cryptic.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Nah scoring is clueless when your team is 20 pts far from the title, KDB should win best player.
I think the award will be played in the CL tie between both, scoring 4 goals against weak opposition, dozen of players are able to do that with the right team. Jonas of Benfica has + 30 goals already in the league, no one is going crazy.
Salah should rest himself a little for his nation in a World Cup year, he is already king of anfield, the league race is over, he should focus on CL and WC. No one remembers who was the golden boot over a season...
At this moment, I’m still going for KDB.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@emo

You need to coordinate the debate. You are best at it. How did we go from Salah to Messi?

As far as why Salah will go far is the fact that he is already at 28 goals and doesn’t seem like slowing down. As the season wears down he will surely will score. How far will he go in terms of transfer? Well I bet you that maybe this summer he will be a hot rumour and if not this summer then next he will be shipped to Spain. Most likely Barcelona. If he has great World Cup then it will be this summer. Either way, in EPL I think Salah will break records this year.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Marcus

You are best at it.

Is that a compliment? I'll take it. :P Anyway, it seem like the topic is back on topic as is own now so it should be fine for the moment. :) As for what you said about Salah breaking record this season in PL, I believe he just might. Can't wait to see, thats for sure.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

We cannot make Room for Salah, nor Dybala for obvious reason I won’t say since it’s forbidden here :)
Madrid can, but why on hell would Liverpool want to sell ? Specially when the player does not push for a transfer ?
For the good of PL, Salah should stay so we witness at least a 2 horses race. The policy to not sell to direct rivals leaded to CL result collapse.
Liverpool and Tottenham do not feed top 4, they succeeded to be part of the new top 6 but at the expense of quality of the league who need at least 2 locomotives to push clubs limits...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@tiki Obviously, I see no reason for Liverpool to sell Salah especially if he keep this up. Personally, I'd be PSG or Real however, I try to secure his service. Not saying they would sucess but they could try at least. Beside, many player would do everything to push a move if they knew certain team wanted them, not saying Salah is one of them but we might see in the future.

10 1583

given liverpool's form and in the semifinal of ucl, this topic is becoming more lit. hopefully the fanbase won't go toxic be it salah vs messi or salah vs ronaldo.

538 11435

@baldgenius Exactly mate! Salah will get a lot more visibility thanks to that as well. Here hoping he reach the final with Liverpool! As for toxic controversy, I don't think it will happen, Salah isn't a direct rival of either Messi or Ronaldo (not in the same league) and Liverpool are a lot less touchy about their main key player than Barca and Real Madrid fan are, so I doubt they will stir any trouble or react in an agressive manner to provocation. The fact is Salah is just a good guy who is having a lot of success and I think you cannot really hate him for that.

• History

@baldgenius Exactly mate! Salah will get a lot more visibility thanks to that as well. Here hoping he reach the final with Liverpool! As for toxic controversy, I don't think it will happen, Salah isn't a direct rival of either Messi or Ronaldo (not in the same league) and Liverpool are a lot less touchy about their main key player than Barca and Real Madrid fan are, so I doubt they will stir any trouble or react in an agressive manner to provocation. The fact is Salah is just a good guy who is having a lot of success and I think you cannot hate for that.

DarthFooty 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1101

This really depends on if you only watch highlights and goals or if you ACTUALLY watch the player.

He will continue to impress as long as he is healthy and has a good cast around him. He is very smooth in his style of play. He moves with the progress of the ball and doesn't overextend himself, keeping control of his area. He has speed, but just as importantly, he has patience. His composer near goal is a game changer.

Now, if he did not have the solid supply from his mates around him, it would be much harder, but that is for any player really.

I do not think he is a one and done player. I prefer he stay in the system he is in and with Klopp, but money talks.

To add onto the other comments, this is a Salah thread, not a Messi or Ronaldo one. Do the math people, something does not add up. :P

Golefty 6 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Well Semi Finals at least.....

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@Golefty I see what you did here. :P

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Congratz to Salah, it has been a really tight choice between him and KVD, but KVD kinda drops a bit of his spark at the end of the season.

Deserved!

10 1583

well deserved! looks like he can break shearer, suarez and ronaldo record.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@thebaldgenius Lets not get crazy, who know if he will be able to carry that kind of form over the few next year. Still, I guess there is certainly potential for him to do that. :)

@tuan Indeed!