Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Higuain to North London?
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I keep seeing reports that Tottenham and Arsenal are both planning to try and snap up Higuain, who supposedly is not terribly happy at Real.

Anyone know if this has any weight to it, or is just some drama nonsense cooked up by newspapers?

I'm sure I speak for both sides of North London to say: Yes Please.

Comments
FredTilson 11 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

I think he will be sold by Madrid, and they will buy Falcao. Perez is facing an election, he wants two/three marquee signings.

I guess the team out of these which gets a CL spot will have a higher chance of signing him.

COYSPURS2008 11 years ago
76 540

but if Athletico makes the Champions league.. im pretty sure falcao will have no problem in staying at the Calderon..

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lodatz

Okay. Just to give you a heads up, Higuain is a great striker and finisher. He is a poacher, and I believe he's only 25 too, so you don't have to worry about his age anytime soon. BUT, he's incredibly inconsistent. He has great runs of form (scoring 10 goals in as many matches), then has really BAD runs of form (having a 5-8 game goalless drought). But he shouldn't be THAT expensive. His wage demands are pretty high due to Madrid's big wallet and that he scored more than 100 goals for us, but he should be around the 20-25 Mil Pound mark.

And @FredTilson, I believe Perez wants to bring Bale, but since most Madridistas expect that already, he's probably going to bring in Cavani. The difference between Cavani and Falcao is that Cavani is younger and considerably faster and more athletic, and Falcao already plays for Atletico. If he leaves Atletico for Real, he's going to be hated all around Spain. Cavani is therefore the better option, with a cheaper buyout clause as well (although not by much). Falcao seems more likely to go to Chelsea though, if (and when) Mourinho returns there.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@COYS

No, Atletico are currently hundreds of millions in debt. They're keen to sell Falcao to the highest bidder, so Atletico themselves don't care what team Falcao ends up in, because they need the money anyways. So Falcao's options are very much open, with him being the world's second-best striker at the moment and every big and rich team eager for his signature. And Atletico can't afford to pay Falcao's high wages any longer either, so expect him to leave this summer transfer window.

GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

No thank you.

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

Imagine Higuain at Spurs! Any London club to snatch him up could consider themselves lucky.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@GunnerAFC

Just saying, Gonzalo is twice as good as Olivier Giroud, and he's also proven himself on the big stage since he's played at Madrid for so many years and alongside players like Guti, Raul, Kaka, Ozil, and Ronaldo too. I'm sure Arsenal can use him, although Spurs seem to need him more at the moment. :P

Lodatz 11 years ago

He could come and be the Renegade Master!

Higuain Damager -- power to the people!

TheTruth 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 5 246

Seems plausible

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

hope we goes to west london ;p,we need a striker like him

FredTilson 11 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

@Dynastian - But what about the rumors floating around 3-4 months ago that Atleti and Real had already negotiated something. Also news linking him to Chelsea seems to be less and less these days.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Great finisher -- YES! (hopefully I will be able to see him)

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Fred

That was Radamel's father. He went to the press to tell them that Falcao's childhood dream was to play for Real Madrid, and that's where the rumor mill started from.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^ lol

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@Dynastian98 
Falcao said his childhood dream was to play for Chelsea!Mainly because of Zola...

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@DonAndres

No, I believe his father came out and said his childhood dream was to play for Real. :P
Oh, well. Not that it matters. We have Alvaro Morata breaking through the ranks, so I'm not interested in seeing Falcao in the other side of Madrid. It would ruin our chances for having a youth product with great potential to break into the first team. >.<

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Don

We haven't had one like that since Iker Casillas and Raul and Guti, so I've been eager for a while. All our brilliant youth products have been sold to other teams (like Roberto Soldado).

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Yes,i understand! 
Also Jese Rodriguez has  bright future.
but he still plays for  the second team

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

He probably doesn't want this xD

Lodatz 11 years ago

LOL. Still better than Adebayor!