Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Higuain to North London?
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I keep seeing reports that Tottenham and Arsenal are both planning to try and snap up Higuain, who supposedly is not terribly happy at Real.

Anyone know if this has any weight to it, or is just some drama nonsense cooked up by newspapers?

I'm sure I speak for both sides of North London to say: Yes Please.

Comments
FredTilson 11 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

So a complete player, can defend as well.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Don

Yeah, I'd rather have Jese than Bale. I heard Jese's been called a miniature Cristiano Ronaldo, so if he's even half as good as Ronaldo, I'd take him. :)

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Apparently, things are moving...

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/higuain-set-on-leaving-and-waiting-on-tottenham-making-their-move

Today's El Confidencial broadsheet in Spain has jumped into the Higuain to Tottenham mix which is a reason to be optimistic for Tottenham supporters. Whilst everyone in Spain loves a good rumour, El Confidencial aren't quite as gossipy as their tabloid cousins and run far fewer transfer stories so there's a little more credibility attached to them. 

They say today that Gonzalo Higuain has totally made up his mind to leave Real Madrid and is ready to receive offers. The newspaper says he wanted to go last summer was talked into staying at the club for another season, he's subsequently not been convinced by his role within the team and squad and doesn't think it's the best place for his career so he fancies a move. 

His agent, Norberto Recansens Cacho (all agents have excellent names, it's a rule), is irritated by talks over a new contract which didn't come to anything and will assist his client in finding a new club. Just like other newspapers in Spain have over the past week, El Confidencial say the most likely destination is Tottenham Hotspur and that's regardless of whether Gareth Bale goes to Real Madrid or not. No contact has yet been made by Tottenham and that's what the deal is waiting for.

Of course, this all assumes that Tottenham are interested, the Spanish press have seemingly taken that as a given.

To give this a bit background, Sport said last week in their newspaper edition that Higuain was likely to be heading for London because his pregnant girlfriend was due to move to the city for work reasons. AS followed it up a couple of days later by saying that Tottenham wanted him. 

El Confidencial say that Tottenham have yet to contact Real Madrid and that's what Higuain is waiting for, after previous interest from Juventus failed to materialise. 

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lodatz

If he's not happy at Madrid, let him leave. It might give Alvaro Morata a good chance to burst into the first team. And there's also no point in making Higuain stay against his will when we can make a good 20 Mil Pounds off his exit.