Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Guardiola: Sensationally Overrated?
Amerr30 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Has anyone changed their minds regarding Guardiola recently - especially following the City and Liverpool QF tie?

I know this has been discussed here over and over again, and we all know where everyone mostly is with regards to their views of Guardiola, but the more time goes by, the more people like myself and those who think he's overrated are proven right.

Has anyone jumped fences?

Comments
EdgarEAM 6 years ago
2 241

I agree with qquizy, league competition for Pep Guardional seems more easy that manage in CHampions league. So, in league he can continue winning titles while in CHampions League are few posibilities to get tittle. There are so many serious opponents right now like Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Paris Saint German.

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

guardiola change things though, means he isn't as stubborn as wenger. recent 0-0 results shows that pep is wary of klopp, maybe same for klopp too. but after years, it seems like klopp's side are the most troublesome to face.
enter image description here

Emobot7 5 years ago Edited
538 11426

Damn, nobody other than Klopp got a very positive record. At least, Mou managed to force him into a certain amount of draw.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Damn, nobody other than Klopp got a very positive record. At least, Mou managed to force him into a lot of draw.

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Jurgen never played against Guardiolas Barcelona.. Wenger, Mourinho and Pellegrini all did and that team wasn't just great tactical set up and talented team but there was also an incredible chemistry between the players and referees.

• History

Jurgen never played against Guardiolas Barcelona.. Wenger, Mourinho and Pellegrini all did and that team wasn't just tactical set up and talented team but incredible chemistry between the players and referees.

Jurgen never played against Guardiolas Barcelona.. Wenger, Mourinho and Pellegrini all did and that team wasn't just great tactical set up and talented team but incredible chemistry between the players and referees.

EdgarEAM 5 years ago
2 241

Marcus "incredible chemistry betweeen the players and referees" LOOOOOOOL
U made my day ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

EdgarEAM 5 years ago Edited
2 241

Another mind blowing facts is that Guardiola has around 73% of win in all his record like Manager, in premier League Mourinho has the second best with 65%, Kloop has 50% of wins.

It traduced to players' world is Guardioal is Messi, and Mourinho is Ronaldo ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Its quiet how Guardiola have that mind blowing record, im interested in more tactical roles of Guardiola, i learn that tiki taka is not the way, like Guardiola says that is not the point in him philosophy, maybe that can be the result from other things like pressure, big chances created, shoots on target, but the principal focus is not keep the ball.

Klop is the kriptonite from Guardiola ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿค“, just 35% win ratio while him overall record is 73%, annoying ๐Ÿค๐Ÿค

BUt... How much that can affect to Guardiola's tittles? Maybe losing Premier leagues tittles or more important maybe losing CHampions league title in hands of Klopp, that would be stunning, im loving this premier league campaign. Until now i see like 3 or 4 teams going to direct clash to Premier LEague Tittle.

Additional, Manchester United is doing the Arsenal role (misfortune) ๐Ÿ˜…

Check Guardiola Words, its marvelous

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/were-the-best-side-in-europe-in-shots-says-guardiola-as-he-urges-man-city-to-be-ruthless/

I love this part, โ€œBut we have to increase our

on-target (shots)

because the first half it was only 1-0 and we created enough chances to score more goals.โ€

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/were-the-best-side-in-europe-in-shots-says-guardiola-as-he-urges-man-city-to-be-ruthless/

• History

Another mind blowing facts is that Guardiola has around 73% of win in all his record like Manager, in premier League Mourinho has the second best with 65%, Kloop has 50% of wins.

It traduced to players' world is Guardioal is Messi, and Mourinho is Ronaldo ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Its quiet how Guardiola have that mind blowing record, im interested in more tactical roles of Guardiola, i learn that tiki taka is not the way, like Guardiola says that is not the point in him philosophy, maybe that can be the result from other things like pressure, big chances created, shoots on target, but the principal focus is not keep the ball.

Klop is the kriptonite from Guardiola ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿค“

Klop is the kriptonite from Guardiola ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿค“, just 35% win ratio while him overall record is 73%, annoying ๐Ÿค๐Ÿค

BUt... How much that can affect to Guardiola's tittles? Maybe losing Premier leagues tittles or more important maybe losing CHampions league title in hands of Klopp, that would be stunning, im loving this premier league campaign. Until now i see like 3 or 4 teams going to direct clash to Premier LEague Tittle.

Check Guardiola Words, its marvelous

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/were-the-best-side-in-europe-in-shots-says-guardiola-as-he-urges-man-city-to-be-ruthless/

JozeV2 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

Under-rated for his special ''unlocking'' footballer legs.
I mean the football he teaches and forces you to play takes the game to a higher level but sometimes boring since its pass to the pass to another pass till you unlock the defense. Nonetheless he improves your game.

Over-rated for stubborn ONLY way of playing.
So far he never adapted/changed his game or managed to do it, to win a game. He simply follows the same tactic in hope that he will win. Never saw him doing anything rather than go more offensive or less offensive by a subtitution, nothing more nothing less.

and last but not least...

Terrible player management if he doesn't like them, was the main reason that started the hate trend on him. Ibrahimovic, Etoรณ, Yaya and the list goes on.

• History

Under-rated for his special ''unlocking'' footballer legs.
I mean the football he teaches and forces you to play takes the game to a higher level but sometimes boring since its pass to the pass to another pass till you unlock the defense. Nonetheless he improves your game.

Over-rated for stubborn ONLY way of playing.
So far he never adapted/changed his game or managed to do it, to win a game. He simply follows the same tactic in hope that he will win. Never saw him doing anything rather than go more offensive or less offensive by a subtitution, nothing more nothing less.

and last but not least...

Terrible player management if he doesn't like them, was the main reason started the hate trend on him. Ibrahimovic, Etoรณ, Yaya and the list goes on.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@Joze Good analysis mate. +1 ;)

tuan_jinn 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@JozeV2 & @Emo: how is that good analyses????

• He won almost all major trophies, every clubs against him have this fear and we ALL know it.
  • He never adapt changes his game??? He follows his own philosophy and it gets his team to be the most terrifying club in all leagues he coaches. Why would he change his game?
  • Sure, he failed at some period, but all best coaches do. He is not perfect, and has much rooms for improvement, sure.
  • Changing to counter attack at some games? He does that too, but it's just not his style. Would you ask Messi to be a poacher?

The example of people management is utter craps and it's the media to need to write some drama. If you are ever in the leader or management position you would know sometimes hard, cruel decision must be made. It's not pretty. So far all of the examples you gave have proven Pep's right!

And now?
2 tennis set win in a row, with probably the best football we have seen in the history of EPL

• History

And now?

2 tennis set win in a row, with probably the best football we have seen in the history of EPL

@JozeV2: how is that good analyst????

• He won almost all major trophies, every clubs against him have this fear and we ALL know it.
  • He never adapt changes his game??? He follows his own philosophy and it gets his team to be the most terrifying club in all leagues he coaches. Why would he change his game?
  • Sure, he failed at some period, but all best coaches do. He is not perfect, and has much rooms for improvement, sure.
  • Changing to counter attack at some games? He does that too, but it's just not his style. Would you ask Messi to be a poacher?

The example of people management is utter craps and it's the media to need to write some drama. If you are ever in the leader or management position you would know sometimes hard, cruel decision must be made. It's not pretty. So far all of the examples you gave has proven Pep's right!

And now?

@JozeV2: how is that good analyst????

The example of people management is utter craps and it's the media to need to write some drama. If you are ever in the leader or management position you would know sometimes hard, cruel decision must be made. It's not pretty. So far all of the examples you gave have proven Pep's right!

And now?

tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I stopped debating here for a reason, in a squad of 23 players, 14 are happy and 9 arenโ€™t. Switched yaya with masia upgrade Busquets which turned capital. Then took off Zlatan to let Messi score 92 goals one season later... terrible management. Now he is getting 100 per cent of sterling and took off joe hart...

Etoo management for me was 50-50, Etoo at half time talked instead of Rijckard, PeP wants to be the main boss and Etoo wasnโ€™t respecting him because before training Barca Pep had 0 Palmares as a coach.

Getting rid of Zlatan was complicated but smart, Zlatan is strong Vs weak opposition and weak in big games, stats do not show this part. We lost 3-1 to inter in 2010 because of Ibra. And he never took PSG higher to quarters in CL, and the day they won vs Chelsea he was red carded first half letting his teammates playing whole game at ten. He is no Drogba who single handedly won a CL with a weaker squad in 2012.
He makes extreme decisions like yaya toure, Joe Hart etc.... but 99% turned right and made others respect his decisions and focus on sacrifice. Hart was the captain and Zabaleta,Kolarov and Yaya were the leaders of the dressing room. He kept Aguero and made his own squad...
A coach is there to make decisions, when it turns bad only the coach gets fired. He actually has balls to put his vision wherever he goes. He made Pl looks like a farmers league with the 100 pts last year and nobody can take this fact down.

• History

I stopped debating here for a reason, in a squad of 23 players, 14 are happy and 9 arenโ€™t. Switched yaya with masia upgrade Busquets which turned capital. Then took off Zlatan to let Messi score 92 goals one season later... terrible management. Now he is getting 100 per cent of sterling and took off joe hart...

quikzyyy 5 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

He made Pl looks like a farmers league with the 100 pts last year and nobody can take this fact down.

would he achieve this without spending 530 million in 2 seasons?

• History

He made Pl looks like a farmers league with the 100 pts last year and nobody can take this fact down.

would he achieve this spending 530 million on 2 seasons?

would he achieve this without spending 530 million on 2 seasons?

tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited

Well 530 millions right now is the price of 3 players with the inflation.
Mendy one season at Monaco
Bernardo Silva 2 seasons at Monaco
Ederson From Bernfica
Laporte From Bilbao
Walker Tottenham

He signed like 0 player from a big club, but prices right now for rebuilding are what they are. Mbappe is worth 300 mil right now and if you get trophies, you get your investment back by having new generation of young fans able to buy shirts, supporting you in social media and make sponsors and tv rights higher....
Well he did smart choices in the buys, he would have spent 2 or 3 times less on same players 5 years ago.

I judge transfermarket from the flood of newcomers, he got like 0 flop over 2 seasons... United brought many 40-50 mil price tag players, their real cost 20-30m in recent past, how many of them are starting right now ? Bakayoko, Morata Batshuay Zapacosta and co were not signed for free.

• History

Ederson From Bernfica
Laporte From Bilbao
Walker Tottenham

He signed like 0 player from a big club, but prices right now for rebuilding are what they are. Mbappe is worth 300 mil right now and if you get trophies, you get your investment back by having new generation of young fans able to buy shirts, supporting you in social media and make sponsors and tv rights higher....
Well he did smart choices in the buys, he would have spent 2 or 3 times less on same players 5 years ago.

Ederson From Bernfica
Laporte From Bilbao
Walker Tottenham

I judge transfermarket from the flood of newcomers, he got like 0 flop over 2 seasons... United brought many 40-50 mil price tag players, their real cost 20-30m in recent past, how many of them are starting right now ? Bakayoko, Morata and co were not signed for free.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I have some doubt, but I still think he would be a hell of a team, takes lots of players to the max potential world class players. And the club would have his attacking philosophy.

Money sum in this market and inflation is a bit irrelevant. Take my club for example, over the course of 5 years, we have spent SH!T LOAAAD of $$$$$$ but achieve NEXT to nothing, especially in term of football style.

• History

I have some doubt, but I still think he would be a hell of a team, takes lots of players to the max potential world class players. And the club would have his attacking philosophy.

Money sum in this market and inflation are a bit irrelevant. Take my club for example, over the course of 5 years, we have spent SH!T LOAAAD of $$$$$$ but achieve NEXT to nothing, especially in term of football style.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Agreed Tuan.

Money makes things go faster, he trained Piquรฉ, Busquets, Pedro, Sergi in yougster session.

I think if you give Pep, a small club he will need 3 or 4 years to make youngsters grow, then he will get results.

Algerino 5 years ago
Napoli, Algeria 6 844

4-3-3 with counterattacks is easily the most efficient way to play against Guardiolas tiki taka. Klopp and sometimes Mourinho has done it.

raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@quickzy how much has United spent to just be average? Somewhere around the same ball park and only have a EL to show for it.

Sometimes spending is a necessity when your current players aren't good enough or don't fit into your style.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

@raimondo Agreed.

@tuan At the end of the day, Pep is a good manager, because he is good at bringing player at their best level. However, he don't adapt to his opponent a lot and got himself a lot more ennemy among player than some coach. Doesn't take away the fact he is incredible as a manager but it does prove he isn't perfect either.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

Didn't he lost even to Everton like 4-0 before those ''would he achieve this without spending 530 million in 2 seasons?''?

Bollocks he would never achieved so fast this success without breaking the FFP but he would eventually if he was given time. He is excellent at transfers and building a team but he would lose half those great players to other clubs and everything becomes a very very big IF.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Sometimes spending is a necessity when your current players aren't good enough or don't fit into your style.

I'm not denying Guardiola ability of being amazing manager, however with the resources he always had, it's hard not to succeed. That's like he is playing a football manager, give me money, f**k the any financial rules and buy me anyone I want, no matter the cost. And I will deliver the results. Give the resources he had to every manager and then we would see if he's that special.

Barcelona 2008-2012 spend 340M+

Bayern Munich 2013-2016 spend 180M+

Man. City 2016-2018 spend 600M+

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

I don't want to get into conspiracy theories but I know footy room loves it, if you remove the 2009 Semi-Final between Chelsea and Barcelona at Stamford BRidge, the dubious game, Guardiola wins 1 Champions League with Barcelona and Messi & Co??

Go through the game highlights if you haven't seen it.

Ooo the controversy begins