Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Gareth Bale
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I love Gareth Bale. Gareth Bale is wonderful. He's a fantastic player, and he's becoming, with every game, more of a leader and more of a game-changer, to the point where he is one of the best players in the league.

However.

Gareth Bale is not Ronaldo. No, he's not as good as Ronaldo, and the truth, he probably never will be, because Ronaldo is special. Ronaldo is on a level with Messi. Bale is not. Even as a Spurs fan, who loves Bale to death, I'm getting sick of all the stupid articles floating around out there, saying that he is going to be as good as Ronaldo, and thay he's one of the best 5 players in the world, and blah-blah-blah.

When Capello said that Bale was the best player in his position in the world, I thought it was a bit over-the-top, but still mostly true. I can think of no other left-winger in the world I would rather have. But that, while a little silly, was at least talking about his position. All the current hype about him being one of the top 5 in the world is just, to be honest, obnoxious.

Can anyone persuade me that I'm being unfair, and that I should be agreeing with every band-wagon writer who is half-assedly filling the internet with dodgy comparisons to Ronaldo?

'Cause from where I'm standing, it's over the top, it's dumb, it's annoying, and at the end of the day, it doesn't even really help him. 

/rant

Comments
GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Bale is a wonderful player. Absolutely dangerous. Just not on Messi's & Ronaldo's level, yet.

I would categorize Bale in a few classes below Messi & Ronaldo, while rising ever so rapidly.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Hehe, he was doing this back in September, too. :)

MRarsenal500 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 59 741

as GunnerAFC says he isnt in Ronaldo,Messi level.
Probably the same level as cavani or falcao

onenil 11 years ago
Arsenal, United States 6 91

He sure kicked ass this weekend. Read the title of your post going into that game and it got me thinking, there is definitely something to your posit.

mladen 11 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

2 stunning FK goals tonight against Lyon.

Jimskeleton 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

I really want to know what the defender of Lyon said to the keeper before that 2nd Bale free kick, he must of been bricking it :P

AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

OMG he is cr7 level ! just wow

FredTilson 11 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

onenil 11 years ago
Arsenal, United States 6 91

So how does he compare to Messi and Ronaldo on set pieces? You all got one good player there, man. Looks like Eddie Munster but wow.