{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Xabi Alonso and Liverpool || Football Revisited #1
naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

XABI ALONSO – THE ONE PLAYER LIVERPOOL ARE UNABLE TO FIND A REPLACEMENT FOR

_________________________________________\

Liverpool won the UEFA Champions League trophy in 2005, FA cup in 2006 and then the 
Community Shield. They reached the finals of the Champions League in 2007 and finished second 
in the Premier League in 2008-09. Since then it has been  a downward fall for the club. 
They finished seventh in the 2009-10  season  and sixth in the following season. This was intertwined 
with the sacking of two mangers.  They are currently lying eighth in the table with four games to 
go. The fall began since the departure of one player in 2009. Most of you must have correctly 
guessed whom I am talking about. He currently plays for Real Madrid FC . I am talking of none 
other than Xabi Alonso.

Xabi Alonso was signed by Rafael Benitez in 2004 from Real Sociedad for 10.4 million pounds. He 
had a very successful first season with Liverpool, winning the Champions League and scoring in 
the final against Milan. He was a very important and integral part of Rafael Benitez’s  
management style and tactics. He soon established himself as one of the best midfielders in 
the League. He was not only known for his fantastic passing abilities but also for his tackling. He 
was also known for one more rare ability – scoring from his own half. He scored from 65 yards 
against Luton Town in the FA cup third round tie in 2006 and a 70 yarder against Newcastle in the 
League. BBC described it as an ‘outrageous’  strike. He was the perfect foil for Steven Gerrard. 
Alonso faced competition for his place from Javier Mascherano and Lucas Leiva. The 2008-09 
season began with rumors that Benitez wanted to sell Alonso to fund the purchase of Gareth 
Barry. It  unsettled Alonso but it did not affect his performance. He scored a deflected goal 
against Chelsea  in Liverpool’s 1-0 victory over Chelsea making Liverpool the first away team to 
win at Stamford bridge in over four years. He became the first player to complete 1000 
successful passes in the season. He scored what was to be his last goal for Liverpool against Hull 
on a rebound. He ultimately left for Real Madrid in a 30 million pound transfer due to differences 
with the then coach Benitez. He was very consistent for his new side and was a part of Marca’s  
La Liga team of the year in his first season. He also scored against Barcelona in crucial games.

Since his departure,  Liverpool were never the same team that they used to be. His supposed 
replacement Alberto Aquilani never had the same quality and had recurring injury problems.  
Suddenly the defence lacked cover and looked shaky. Lucas Leiva improved , but he was never 
in the same mould as Alonso . Liverpool’s League position also slipped down. It is ironic that 
Liverpool have still not found a suitable replacement for him even after three years. The search 
is still on. I doubt if they will find someone as classy as Alonso. Liverpool have had several great 
midfielders like Ian Callaghan, Jan Molby, John Barnes , Steve Mcnamaman, Terry Mcdermott , 
Jamie Redknapp and Steven Gerrard. Apart from Gerrard , I have not seen the others play, but I 
know Alonso was  as good as them if not better. On being asked if he would ever return to 
Liverpool , Alonso did not rule it out and said that his his son was born in Liverpool and he will 
definitely return there with his son some day. I only hope he does, because he is such a genious  
and an  icon to several Liverpool supporters.

_________________________________________\

# Source : Internet

Comments
Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

True story. I remember him in red and he used to be a real stablizing force in their midfield.

The_Iraqi_Maestro 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 9 192

Xabi Alonso is a great midfielder.. one of the best in spain ;)

This comment is disliked by many users (show)
Headline 12 years ago
9 59

Iraq dude, maybe he is one of the best in spain's national team, but not in the league, and he is not a great midfielder. ;)

Real Madrid, Iraq 9 192

OMG HEADLINE!!!! YOU ARE SICK DUDE WHY DO YOU MAKE SO MANY ACCOUNTS? YOU ARE LIFELESS!!!

Headline 12 years ago
9 59

Iraq man, I just think people agree with me that alonso isn't anything of a special guy? I mean, he's okay, but he's faaar away from being one of the best, he's not even close to the middle.

Ihaveabbc 12 years ago
Liverpool, England 7 370

Sorry for my diction but you are a dumbass if you say that Liverpool was only about Xabi Alonso. Every team has got a downfall and at the moment this is happening to Liverpool. It may be that just one player can make the big difference but nevertheless if we have had Lucas Leiva the whole season Liverpool would have finished fourth or maybe third because the season started good for Liverpool.

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

Headline and ihaveabbc : I don't give a horse shit to this thumbs system , all I am believing is in the opinions/comments from "real" footyroom members. Keep thumbing down the threads and it will strengthen my belief that you are a low life crap of the society with no friends and no constructive aim in life !!

This is my last comment to you and the other trolls !!

Ihaveabbc 12 years ago
Liverpool, England 7 370

I didn't thumb anything down or up. I've got a life ya know.

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

headline your a fckin bastard..Son of a whore
Guys he is Norway and the others that i said at the topic Latest trollz list!

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@Naman93 what do you expect from a person that doesn't know who is his father?

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

@Ihaveabbc, how can you compare Lucas to Xabi Alonso? Alonso is a world class mid, Lucas isn't even close, Liverpool were fools to let Alonso go and they clearly haven't found a worthwhile replacement yet, Lucas would never in a million years got Liverpool 3rd or 4th this season. 

@Headline, you're a moron, you really need to get a life, if the only thing you can do in your life is sit on a forum changing accounts thumbing people up and down I suggest you do everyone a favour and END IT!

@naman, good thread to read as usual.

Headline 12 years ago
9 59

My mom and dad are having company in our enormous house, so I'm chilling in the basement living room with a couple of friends playing FIFA. Afterwards we're going out to party with chicks! We've got a taste from a delicious entrecote; my dad is perfect in cooking. I know it's hard for you low-life persons to understand (you live in small appartments and are eating finished-food every day, can't believe you're holding out) how rich I am, and how beautiful life is, but life is as it is. Yay me! :)) (Btw, alonso suucks.)

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@Headline i have one idea that would make everyone Happy!
Put YOUR money in YOUR ass!!!!
Only with the idea to be rich and had your character i am gettin sick..

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

I will change it for you to what everyone else on this site knows you mean.

"my mom and dad live in a 1 bedroom flat, I sleep in a cot in the corner of there room because they can't afford a bed for me, I have no friends because I can't afford a TV or anything entertaining, I steal my internet connection of my neighbours so I can sit in the corner and thumb down people, this is how I get thrills in my life, one day I hope I can get a life and move out of my parents flat and buy myself a caravan"

Headline 12 years ago
9 59

Jim, naaaw, I'm really feeling sorry for uu.. NOT! :D Haha, you're pooor, I'm rich. Yay me!! <3 But guys, I'm going to go out and party, so see you soon poor people! :)

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

Everyone knows your lying, if you were playing FIFA with your so called friends you wouldn't have time to log in to 15 accounts, so therefore you're talking out your arse, when I have friends over and we are gaming I don't even touch the internet let alone be sad enough to do what you do on a forum and I know plenty of people who are the same, so keep talking out your backside kid because NOONE believes you.

Headline 12 years ago
9 59

Sad to see that you lies doesn't come thru, Jim, but everyone loves me here on FR, so they thumb ME up. <3 (thank's guys :)) That's the easy reason, but it's sad that NOONE believes your lies. :( Soon party!! <3<3

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

Thought you were going out, funny that you're still thumbing up yourself, lol

Real Madrid, Iraq 9 192

Haha headline your a funny guy... your probably some nerd or a fat kid trying to be cool on the internet.. well done headline for being life-less... and why do you go on 15 accounts to thumb everyone down and thumb your self up..??

devilz 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

i tell you what, headline.... you are a little tinker for making all these accounts <3 i admire your sadness and the amount of free time you have (actually i dont admire it, i think its quite pathetic...). i think you should invest in a life, google the word 'life' if you dont know what one is