Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Florentino has promised a galactico signing
Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Florentino always signs a galactico in election years, and with it being an election year at Real Madrid, he made the promise to sign a galactico in the summer.

If you recall, Luis Figo was signed in 2000. Michael Owen in 2004, Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka in 2009, and Gareth Bale in 2013.

Who will it be in 2017, and will it be more than one?

When it comes to Florentino, and when he makes a promise - there really isn't anyone out there that is out of reach. He has proven this again, and again. This is a guy who has always delivered.

Vote for who you would like to see in the royal white shirt.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Florentino always signs a galactico in election years, and with it being an election year at Real Madrid, he made the promise to sign a galactico in the summer.

If you recall, Luis Figo was signed in 2000. Michael Owen in 2004, Christiano Ronaldo and Kaka in 2009, and Gareth Bale in 2013.

When it comes to Florentino, and when he makes a promise - there really isn't anyone out there that is out of reach. He has proven this again, and again.

If you recall, Luis Figo was signed in 2000. Michael Owen in 2004, Christiano Ronaldo and Kaka in 2009, and Gareth Bale in 2013.

When it comes to Florentino, and when he makes a promise - there really isn't anyone out there that is out of reach. He has proven this again, and again. This is a guy who has always delivered.

Comments
tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

As much as I dont like Perez and his philosophy, @Madridsta: that's not the right answer, you can simply state you disagree because you dont like thing evolves around money, etc.. (it's ok to repeat yourself sometimes) a bit of an answer you know.... Although @Amer was a bit too harsh, mate

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I don't think anyone is going to argue the point that Perez is a douchecanoe. I also think it's pretty tough to argue with his results.

In a just world, if Perez is all he is cracked up to be, most fans should want him gone. But fans are bought by victory, and Perez has done that. So, meh. When your brand is as good as Real Madrid's, you could (to borrow Trump's words) "shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose any supporters."

Salahadin 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, France 11 554

I like Perez with all his faults I like him.

I would like to see Alaba from Bayern to play on the left as Marcelo is aging and also can't play a full season.
Also he can play in many other positions as CB RB CDM CM even CAM would be a really great signing for us at the back.

We have nacho which is becoming really good with Varane with alaba we have a versatile defender which could cover for caraval when needed. That would allow us to sell Danilo coentrao and keep Pepe who should retire in Madrid and NOT be sold unless he wants to he is a club legend.

In the midfield we have many options but what I believe most people don't know the value of kross he is the best midfielder in the world for a reason. We have modric aging but have a good cover in Isco and kovacic. James isn't doing any good I would sell him and bring in no one we have asensio Isco kovacic and have a cdm who is on loan which have better stats than kante we should bring him back from loan.

Now in the attack I would be careful and not bring anyone, we need players who are very close their prime or in it.
There is a lot of options and I don't like any of it I will have to get rid of BBC which I don't want ATM but we need to do something about bale he is one of the best but made of glass.

• History

I like Perez with all his faults I like him.

I would like to see Alaba from Bayern to play on the left as Marcelo is aging and also can't play a full season.
Also he can play in many other positions as CB RB CDM CM even CAM would be a really great signing for us at the back.

We have nacho which is becoming really good with Varane with alaba we have a versatile defender which could cover for caraval when needed. That would allow us to sell Danilo coentrao and keep Pepe who should retire in Madrid and NOT be sold unless he wants to he is a club legend.

In the midfield we have many options but what I believe most people don't know the value of kross he is the best midfielder in the world for a reason. We have modric aging but have a good cover in Isco and kovacic. James isn't doing any good I would sell him and bring in no one we have asensio Isco kovacic and have a cdm who is on loan which have better stats than kante we should bring him back from loan.

Now in the attack I would be careful and not bring anyone there we need players are very close their prime or in it.
There is a lot of options and I don't like any of it I will have to get rid of msn which I don't want ATM but we need to do something about bale he is one of the best but made of glass.

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

oh god. and barcelona can't attract anyone at the moment. no good rumours, nothing.

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

@amerr

How about Modric? He's no better looking than Angel, yet he's still an important part of our team. How about Marcelo? Hell. Gareth Bale??

most offensive thing ive read on footyroom in my life before...

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Courois and hazard are going nowhere and they want to stay at chelsea, madrid will likely buy a new striker and it will probably be aubameyang.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

How about Modric? He's no better looking than Angel, yet he's still an important part of our team. How about Marcelo? Hell. Gareth Bale??

Amer mate, I find your taste to be lacking, Modric, Marcelo and Bale are all better looking than Di Maria in my opinion. Modric in particular is looking good. :D

Cristianoo 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 53

@Madridista11, because? Obviously Cristiano wasn't available as name, so I picked Cristianoo with an extra o to emphasize the "Cristianoooooooo goaaaaaal". Cristianoo is much better than Christiano.

Cristianoo 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 53

Completely agree with what most are saying with the good-looking factor of a galactico. Someone actually said De Gea is hot? This has to be a joke, I want to throw up whenever I look at that disgusting face and hair (no troll, just honesty).

Real Madrid want good-looking people, no question, Cristiano is their leading man as the best and most good-looking player of all time besides Beckham. Hazard, Dybala and Griezmann are the most likely future galacticos.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

As weird as it sounds, the looking factor indeed seems to happen with Real and Galactico :D.

In the end it makes sense because football is one big business, every business needs some kind of marketing engine.

Lolllzz De Gea is hot??? That's a joke, right.

Btw, in what definition Griezmann is hot? =)))))

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

@amerr30

dybala has only played right wing max 3 times for juve. here's one example where he had a bad game:
http://footyroom.com/matches/79925999/juventus-vs-inter/review

(for argentina) second and most notably his most sh"t game ever. honestly he didn't do anything. it might be because the ball never reached him and they didn't play him in, but still he was just awful. he's better centrally where he can create play or pass someone in or shoot from far. he's tactical. (btw this line up is backwards, he played on the right)
http://footyroom.com/matches/79913119/-/review

in his defense these were around a year ago, so he might've improved, but he's never played on the wing since. hazard imo is a more impressive player and more decisive. also take into consideration that the italian league is not the best place to show off skills. especially since it is very defense and the juve team itself is defensive. imo if dybala was playing in la liga he'd be monstrous infront of goal.

• History

@amerr30

dybala has only played right wing max 3 times for juve. here's one example where he had a bad game:

second and most notably his most sh"t game ever. honestly he didn't do anything. it might be because the ball never reached him and they didn't play him in, but still he was just awful. he's a better centrally where he can create play or pass someone in or shoot from far. he's tactical. (btw this line up is backwards, he played on the right)

in his defense these were around a year ago, so he might've improved, but he's never played on the wing since. hazard imo is a more impressive player and more decisive. also take into consideration that the italian league is not the best place to show off skills. especially since it is very defense and the juve team itself is defensive. imo if he was playing in la liga he'd be monstrous infront of goal.

@amerr30

(for argentina) second and most notably his most sh"t game ever. honestly he didn't do anything. it might be because the ball never reached him and they didn't play him in, but still he was just awful. he's a better centrally where he can create play or pass someone in or shoot from far. he's tactical. (btw this line up is backwards, he played on the right)

in his defense these were around a year ago, so he might've improved, but he's never played on the wing since. hazard imo is a more impressive player and more decisive. also take into consideration that the italian league is not the best place to show off skills. especially since it is very defense and the juve team itself is defensive. imo if he was playing in la liga he'd be monstrous infront of goal.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

They should change this sites name to footygirls.com

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Gonzi

I watched that game against Inter. From the looks of it, Dybala was a CAM, not RM. I'm pretty sure Cuadrado was RM, and Juventus were playing 4 2 3 1. I could be wrong, but that's how it looked to me

Out of those, Aubameyang looks the most realistic.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

yea that's what i said in another comment. that they had to change formation 15 minutes into the game because he was not performing. they had to revert back to 4 2 3 1. the argentina game is a better example for what i'm trying to say. the main point that he doesn't play on the wings, he has to be played centrally.

• History

yea that's what i said in another comment. that they had to change formation 15 minutes into the game because he was not performing

yea that's what i said in another comment. that they had to change formation 15 minutes into the game because he was not performing. they had to revert back to 4 2 3 1

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Chelsea8 Ouch? lol

I think I need to make my self clear on my Perez comments

We have suffered through Perez' education of football, his impulse buys, his meddling in affairs that are none of his business such as deciding the starting eleven in big matches. Now that he's stopped doing all of that, now that he's given up all power and decisions regarding the team to our manager, following a summer without him indulging in impulse buying.. you want him out??

No, I wanted him out for as long as I remember. I just brought it up now bc it's election year.

After being the one to bring the tenth, and the eleventh champions league titles to our club. After being solely responsible for taking Real Madrid to the top of club football, you would like him out??

Let's do some math. Perez spent approx 1 Billion euros to win La Decima. Do you know how many teams won in those 14 years? Now, do you know how many of them spent One frickin billion to win the UCL trophy?

Without Perez, there is no CR. There is no Gareth Bale. There is no Zidane. There is no La Undecima, nor is there La Decima.

Yeah ok buddy. Last I checked people wanted to play for Real Madrid, NOT Florentino Perez. You act like we never attracted big stars before Perez.

For what possible reason would you want him out? Because he's made Real Madrid, the brand, successful? Because our club has been on top of the Forbes riches clubs list, as well as the club with the most earnings for more than 10 years in a row? This bothers you somehow??

Again with that "Perez is the Lord and Savior" bullsh!t. We were one of the most profitable teams before Perez and I doubt that'll ever change. Real Madrid needs to focus on good football not good business. Like I said before, good football = good business, good business doesn't always = good football.

How can you be so ungrateful? Do you have any idea what other clubs would give to have somebody like Perez? Somebody who can year after year, bring you the biggest star, the best players?

I'm not ungrateful. I appreciate the good that he has done for us and do not appreciate the bad. Like I said above, he has done more harm than good.

What happened with Barca in this generation is a freak of nature, a fluke, something that will never repeat itself. No President could have possibly foreseen or stopped it. Nobody in the World football could have eclipsed them. However, even in the most successful period of their entire history, Perez managed to keep us competitive. He managed to build a team that still won trophies, despite Barcelona.

No it's not a fluke. Every team has it's region. In fact, most teams go through the cycle of massive success, then mediocrity, then failure, and back to success. Stop making excuses.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

we're the pinnacle of World football that even Barcelona is envious of us.

I had to make a separate comment for this one HAHAHA. Barcelona is envious of us?! Are you serious? It's not like we're the ones who won La Liga a total of 6 times in the last 8 years. It's not like we defeated them 6-2, 5-0, and 4-0 in the past 8 years. It's not like we have won the same amount of UCL trophies with home grown talent and less spend. Smell the frickin coffee man. We have lost the fear factor that we used to have. Every time we draw big opponents (Like Bayern and Barcelona) we're the underdogs, I miss when ever teams drew us they used to recite prayers. I know for a fact that guy's gonna stay so it's whatevs.

I don't want him anymore. I don't want to be the guy celebrating signings rather than trophies. With all do respect to you, @Amerr, you are exactly what's wrong with this fan base.

I want us to sign like.. 4 players. Hah. Excessive, I know. But tell me if you disagree with any of this

Amerr30 7 years ago Edited

@Madridista11: When I say we're the pinnacle of World Football, I mean that now. Right now, this season, this year. I don't mean that 8 years, or 6 years ago. I mean right now. Barcelona could not beat us in their own stadium, we beat Atletico by 3-0 at the Vicente Calderon. We are the reigning World Champs, European Champs, and Super Cup holders. Further, we are on top of La Liga with a game in hand. So tell me, how are we not at the pinnacle?

Why is this happening? Because of smart transfer dealings, investing in the future - something that Barcelona has not been doing. They are on the down slope while we're heading up. There has been a change, a shift happening between powers in World Football. It was slow, but was happening. All of this was made possible because of Perez.

You're telling me you miss the time we were not the underdogs against teams such as Barcelona and Bayern? How can you see us as underdogs against such clubs? Like I said, Barcelona could not beat us in their own stadium while the last time we played against Bayern, we won 5-0 on aggregate. Tell me please, why do you feel this way? Is it perhaps because you have some inferiority complex, something that has nothing to do with the reality of Real Madrid?

If you look at the betting sites, you'll notice that Bayern is considered the favorite. The only reason this is though is because no team has ever won Champions League titles back to back, in its current format. No other reason whatsoever. They're not a better team than us, and that is clear when you look at achievements of both clubs in the past 5 years.

How can you possibly say that what happened with Barcelona's rise was not a freak of nature? How many times in the past has a team produced, at the same time, 5 of the best players in a generation in their positions? The only time it happened before, as far as I recall, to Ajax when they won back to back European Cups. That simply does not happen. What is going on now with La Mesia? When was the last time they produced a world-class talent, before or after the class of Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta? Tell me. I'm all ears. If it's not repeated, simply going by evidence, what happened there was a statistical outlier. It will not happen again.

Of course we dominated them before because they were just a regular football club, like every other team out there. If they were lucky, they would produce one or two starters from their academy with the rest of the players being acquired from other, feeder clubs.

Of course they're envious of us, because they know things are going back to the way they always used to be. Before the class of Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta. Their biggest achievement was being a rival to Real Madrid, and they will go back to that position before too long. You can tell this by comments being made by Barca players, and the staff. By the comments made by their fans.

However, going back to your comment that you are tired of us being underdogs to such clubs, a statement I do not agree with - do tell me WHEN was it better?

Are you talking about the FIRST Florentino Perez era? When he brought us Zidane, Ronaldo R9, and Figo?

If not, when? During the time he wasn't the president, and we were getting humiliated in Europe? When we couldn't go pass Lyon, who for two years in a row eliminated us in the round of 16? Or is it when we were humiliated 4-0 at Anfield? Please tell me. I am curious to know.

You are clearly delusional. You are thinking about the fantasy era, perhaps in the 50s, and 60s? Or is it during Quinta Del Buitre, when something similar that happened to Barcelona happened to us, and we had 5 great home-grown players that included Emilio Butrageno. Although, we still did not win an European Cup during that time.

Do tell me, what the hell are you talking about? When did we have a 'fear factor' in the modern era that WASN'T the product of Florentino Perez's signings?

Like I said, you should be grateful for Perez as are the majority of Real Madrid fans. He has come leaps and bounds, and is finally doing the job the right way. Now of course, there were times I wanted Perez out as well. Many times over his tenure, but not now. Not now that he's finally got it right.

• History

@Madridista11: When I say we're the pinnacle of World Football, I mean that now. Right now, this season, this year. I don't mean that 8 years, or 6 years ago. I mean right now. Barcelona could not beat us in their own stadium, we beat Atletico by 3-0 at the Vicente Calderon. We are the reigning World Champs, European Champs, and Super Cup holders. Further, we are on top of La Liga with a game in hand. So tell me, how are we not at the pinnacle?

Why is this happening? Because of smart transfer dealings, investing in the future - something that Barcelona has not been doing. They are on the down slope while we're heading up. There has been a change, a shift happening between powers in World Football. It was slow, but was happening. All of this was made possible because of Perez.

You're telling me you miss the time we were not the underdogs against teams such as Barcelona and Bayern? How can you see us as underdogs against such clubs? Like I said, Barcelona could not beat us in their own stadium while the last time we played against Bayern, we won 5-0 on aggregate. Tell me please, why do you feel this way? Is it perhaps because you have some inferiority complex, something that has nothing to do with the reality of Real Madrid?

If you look at the betting sites, you'll notice that Bayern is considered the favorite. The only reason this is though is because no team has ever won Champions League titles back to back, in its current format. No other reason whatsoever. They're not a better team than us, and that is clear when you look at achievements of both clubs in the past 5 years.

How can you possibly say that what happened with Barcelona's rise was not a freak of nature? How many times in the past has a team produced, at the same time, 5 of the best players in a generation in their positions? The only time it happened before, as far as I recall, to Ajax when they won back to back European Cups. That simply does not happen. What is going on now with La Mesia? When was the last time they produced a world-class talent, before or after the class of Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta? Tell me. I'm all ears. If it's not repeated, simply going by evidence, what happened there was a statistical outlier. It will not happen again.

Of course we dominated them before because they were just a regular football club, like every other team out there. If they were lucky, they would produce one or two starters from their academy with the rest of the players being acquired from other, feeder clubs.

Of course they're envious of us, because they know things are going back to the way they always used to be. Before the class of Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta. Their biggest achievement was being a rival to Real Madrid, and they will go back to that position before too long. You can tell this by comments being made by Barca players, and the staff. By the comments made by their fans.

However, going back to your comment that you are tired of us being underdogs to such clubs, a statement I do not agree with - do tell me was it better?

Are you talking about the FIRST Florentino Perez era? When he brought us Zidane, Ronaldo R9, and Figo?

If not, when? During the time he wasn't the president, and we were getting humiliated in Europe? When we couldn't go pass Lyon, who for two years in a row eliminated us in the round of 16? Or is it when we were humiliated 4-0 at Anfield? Please tell me. I am curious to know.

You are clearly delusional. You are thinking about the fantasy era, perhaps in the 50s, and 60s? Or is it during Quinta Del Buitre, when something similar that happened to Barcelona happened to us, and we had 5 great home-grown players that included Emilio Butrageno. Although, we still did not win an European Cup during that time.

Do tell me, what the hell are you talking about? When did we have a 'fear factor' in the modern era that WASN'T the product of Florentino Perez's signings?

However, going back to your comment that you are tired of us being underdogs to such clubs, a statement I do not agree with - do tell me WHEN was it better?

Like I said, you should be grateful for Perez as are the majority of Real Madrid fans. He has come leaps and bounds, and is finally doing the job the right way.

Amerr30 7 years ago

They should change this sites name to footygirls.com

lol.

@Emobot & @liomessi:

Come on, he's simply not an attractive person. He is an amazing footballer but as far as the looks are concerned, he's in the same league as Di Maria - which is why I find the whole Di Maria story ridiculous

This is attractive?

enter image description here.

Come on, lol.

You want to know who's attractive at Real?

James, CR, Benzema, Sergio Ramos, even Kroos.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I didn't know who to vote for so I voted for the most unlikely option, Griezmann :D

I think Aubameyang was linked to Real before a few times, but honestly they have Morata that will replace either the minutes of Benzema or Cristiano sooner or later so I'm sure Aubameyang doesn't want to sit on the bench.

Maybe Verratti then, but I think Barcelona would give him much more since they need him more?

Dybala should stay where he is, he's the new king there after Tevez.

De Gea is also too much important for Manchester United...

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

enter image description here