Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Favorite Books
Chanakya999 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Germany 56 167

Books are something I had liked when I was younger in elementary school but hated as time progressed. With me now being in the 10th grade about to enter 11th grade this August, I had somewhat come to the realization of liking books again and appreciating the amazing stories and worlds authors create. However, I can't seem to find time to read books due to homework, AP Exams, SAT/ACT, etc.

But with my summer break approaching, I had figured that I want to read a little so I can set my mind free, improve vocabulary, and somewhat build up my imagination.

In high school, I had read many books and novellas such as:

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok
Night by Elie Weisel
Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Animal Farm by George Orwell

I had liked all of these books (with the exception of ATTWN and the challenging English in ATOTC) and these are books I would recommend you guys to read but alongside this, I want to know some other good books to read and what your favorite books to read are.

I like reading science fiction/dystopian and I have planned on trying to read Ender's Game and Harry Potter this year .
Please feel free to talk about books you love, books you would recommend to others, or even talking about parts of a book if more than one user has read the same book.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Books are something I had liked when I was younger in elementary school but hated as time progressed. With me now being in the 10th grade about to enter 11th grade this August, I had somewhat come to the realization of liking books again and appreciating the amazing stories and worlds authors create. However, I can't seem to find time to read books due to homework, AP Exams, SAT/ACT, etc.

But with my summer break approaching, I had figured that I want to read a little so I can set my mind free, improve vocabulary, and somewhat build up my imagination.

In high school, I had read many books and novellas such as:

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok
Night by Elie Weisel
Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Animal Farm by George Orwell

I had liked all of these books (with the exception of ATTWN and the challenging English in ATOTC) and these are books I would recommend you guys to read but alongside this, I want to know some other good books to read and what your favorite books to read are.

I like reading science fiction/dystopian and I had planned on trying to read Ender's Game and Harry Potter this year .
Please feel free to talk about books you love, books you would recommend to others, or even talking about parts of a book if more than one user has read the same book.

Comments
liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

I am zlatan was good. Just finished it yesterday

Amerr30 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

One of the favorite books is the The Great Train Robbery. When I was reading it, I ended staying up until 3 am i the morning, laughing my ass off. I would recommend it to anyone.

I also read the entire trilogy of The Girl In With the Red Dragon Tattoo. Excellent series, and the following two books are even better than the first in my opinion. I'm still waiting for the US sequels.

I do however also loved reading anything by Michael Connelly, and to a lesser extent John Grisham.

My favorite all time detective series is Connelly's Bosch. I've read about 90% of all the books. His Mickey Haller (aka Lincoln Lawyer) series are excellent as well.

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

@liomessi10 Cool! (: I read it few years back already :-P

liomessi10 8 years ago

Just read where the red fern grows. Itwas great man. So emotional at times. Really sad when the dogs died tho.

liomessi10 8 years ago

Its just one if those books you read and it stays on your mind for the rest of the day.

tdot2barca 8 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

The Creature from Jekyll Island
Assyrians post-Nineveh (672BC-1920AD)
The BIBLE

liomessi10 8 years ago

"the boyhood of burglar bill" was great if you like footy books.

nandaYNWA 7 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

read a lot since then, id reccommend these:

waking up - sam harris
the god delusion - richard dawkins
arguabbly - christopher hitchens
god is not great - christopher hitchens
poetry by christina rossetti
short stories by nikolay gogol
twelve angry men - reginald rose
anything by ayaan hirsi ali

VAMOSBenfica 7 years ago
15 183

Harry Potter
Twelve Angry Men
Da Vinci Code

Of the Harry Potter series I in particular loved the 3rd and 5th. Fantastic books.

Chanakya999 7 years ago
Manchester United, Germany 56 167

I finished reading The Adventures of Huckelberry Finn by Mark Twain after being forced to read it for school. I have to say it's one of my favorite books ever.

cr7real 7 years ago
Galatasaray, Turkey 0 66

I have read some good books. But After I read THE KİTE RUNNER which was written by Khaled Hosseini I was very impressed from this book. And I highly recommend this book. According to me IT was so good book I have never read before. The story which take place in Afganistan is telling us two children called hasan and emir. Emir who behieve badly to Hasan was so rude children and even though Hasan was a good friend and true friend. The main caracters of the book are emir and hasan. İf you read this book. I am sure that You will agree with me or anyone who read this book. IT was read fluently. I had read in three or four as far as I remember.while I was reading I was feeling that as if I am into of the story

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

I don't read novels. The last time I've read a novel was years ago. I remember reading these:

Çalıkuşu-The Wren

My Left Foot

Great books.

And this, I suggest you all to read this one: Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind

Read Sapiens a few months ago and it was awesome.

But I am usually busy with the ones like: Thomas' Calculus :D LoL
It's the web page of book's pdf so be careful while you open it. I've finished every single line in this book. Just too good.

Divya1 7 years ago
Air India, India 0 3

Hello,
I completely agree with your thought that we hated books a lot in our school days. But by the time passed, I have realized that books are the best friends. Your friends can cheat you but books will never do that.

Here are some advantages of reading books:

• It helps Stress Reduction
  • Increase our Knowledge
  • Improve our Vocabulary
  • Make our Focus and Concentration good
  • we can learn Better Writing Skills
  • Best thing to pass the time & Entertainment
  • Reading can make your Imagination creative

Here I am suggesting some books which everyone should read -

• To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  • The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • My Inventions: The Autobiography of Nikola Tesla
  • Non-Fiction: The Black Swan – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
  • The Fountainhead - Ayn Rand

Well, I am preparing for net exam, so I don't get a lot free time to read books. But whenever I feel bored from my studies, I start reading.

I just hope that I can score more in my CSIR NET Result.

:)

Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Some that I would recommend

• The Sorrows of Young Werther (Goethe)
  • Fathers and Sons (Turgenev)
  • Kafka on the Shore (Murakami)
  • The House of the Dead (Dostoyevsky)
  • War and Peace (Tolstoy)
  • Also Sprach Zarathustra (Nietzsche)
  • A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man (Joyce)
  • The Picture of Dorian Gray (Wilde)
  • Dead Souls (Gogol)