Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

El Hadji Diouf has slammed Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard as being 'selfish'
Gennady 12 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Very interesting stuff coming from former red Diouf. This is what he had to say about Gerrard. 

"Steven Gerrard's words? It is jealousy," Diouf told L'Equipe.
"I was the most important man at that time and I had everyone at my feet.
"I was committed to the Senegal national team. I took them to the quarter finals of the 2002 World Cup."I was in the 100 best players of the century list by Pele not him.

"I respect him as a footballer, but there is no one more selfish than he is.

He prefers that Liverpool loses and he scores.
"I respect him as a footballer, but there is no one more selfish than he is" 
El Hadji Diouf on Steven Gerrard
"He doesn't care about anyone. I've talked to Liverpool greats and no one can stand him.
"Diouf has also had a long-running feud with Gerrard's team-mate Jamie Carragher with the pair trading insults after the Reds defender hit out at Diouf for his lack of loyalty and passion in his autobiography.But Diouf refused to even talk about Carragher, saying: "And I won't talk about Carragher."Diouf also rejected claims that he is a bad boy, but admits he has done things that he now regrets."I have done things but others have done worse," added Diouf. "I am an easy target, people talk about me no matter what.
"Okay, I have hurt people and I regret that. But I have never been to prison, I have never injured anyone on the pitch.
"After people gave me the 'bad-boy' image, I had to deal with it. Bad boy? It makes me laugh."It doesn't bother me. I prefer that people talk about me, whether good or bad. I leave my mark wherever I go."

Do you think this is true ? Because If it is, this is really surprising because I've always considered Gerrard to be one of the most UN-selfish players out there. And stuff about Gerrard not caring if Liverpool won or lost is just a load of bulls**t, Gerrard is a true Red in my opinion and Diouf is just seeking for attention.
What you guys think ?

Comments
Ihaveabbc 12 years ago
Liverpool, England 7 370

The same as you Gennady, Gerrard is one of the most UN-SELFISH player in EPL. Diouf desperately seeking for attention, like he says:

Bad boy? It makes me laugh."It doesn't bother me. I prefer that people talk about me, whether good or bad. I leave my mark wherever I go."

He was a great Liverpool player, he even was one of the reasons why I became a Liverpool fan ...

ahmed0175528891 12 years ago
0 4

When Kenny Dalglish came to manage Liverpool "legend team eternal" insisted on the exclusion of all losers of the team even if he believes that Steven Gerrard says selfish seen Gerrard now in the club of the greatest clubs in Europe.

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

Gerrard can be selfish... most English fooballers are selfish (no offence to any English kid)

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

You never know. So far, the only thing I hate about english footballers are their wages and their accents.

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

ramaboy10 you live in england yourself why do you  hate the accent then?

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Have you heard Rooney, Lampard, or Gerrad speak? You don't come from England so you won't understand.

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

Thats because England sucks and Italy rocks haha.. no just kidding.. london is a nice place..

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I think that Pele considering Diouf in the FIFA 100 was a mistake. Diouf never ended up proving himself as one of the hundred "best" footballers in history (before 2004). IMO, Diouf is not seeking attention, he's just a plain dumbass and Liverpool hater. Gerrard and Lampard would've beat him to the best 100 players of all time before 2004 anytime, if it wasn't for Pele's stupid list.

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

England sucks? Bitch please take a look around.

Ronaldo-R9 12 years ago
Inter, Italy 19 337

Your a funny kid for some 12 years old.. England is for me pretty much a fucked up country.. riots , political problems , alot of criminalism..

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Let's NOT go there, Ronaldo-R9

devilz 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

ronaldo-R9, mate, shut up.

neshwar 12 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 8 567

ramaboy10, hv u heard carragher speak???? cant understand single word, was even wondering whether is he speaking english in the first place

Jeffrey_Hazard 12 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

the guy is just jealous of gerrard

Keisuke 12 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

Recently, Gerrard sucks...