Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Cristiano Ronaldo over shadowed by Lionel Messi
naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

**Maradona: "Cristiano was born in the wrong era. He will always live under Messi's shadow."

Comments
naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

A small message :

Every Barcelona fan, every Real Madrid fan, every Man Utd fan, every Portugal fan and every football fan can't deny the fact that Ronaldo is one of the best player for last 10 years.

Even those who hate him from the bottom of their heart, they are pretenders !! If you hate him you dont watch football. You are just Real Madrid or Man Utd hater or a Lionel Messi fan who happened to hate Ronaldo for one simple reason you can guess from this line.

Many time I see people saying they hate Ronaldo. I ask why ? They are speechless. The maximum they can say is that most of his goals come from penalties. Or they try to change the topic by casually saying, " Messi is God man !! ". Being a Madrid fan doesnt stop me from saying that Messi is one of my favorites and I love watching him.

The actual topic : 

As you can see the Maradona quote above and the picture above, I want all of you to share your views on this.

Cristiano Ronaldo > One of the most complete player, every time gets shadowed down by Lionel Messi. Is it just his badluck to be playing in the same era as Messi is playing or he is just totally undeserving to be counted among the best in the world.

** An intelligent and healthy discussion would be highly appreciated !!

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I dislike Ronaldo not becaus of his ability but by his attitude and personality. He is very cocky conceided arrogant and can be very selfish. That alone can just make people dislike him easily. 

But here's a quote I read a bit ago: "Ronaldo is compared to Messi. But Messi is compared to Pele and Maradona." 

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

@raimondo : I respect your opinion that he can be selfish sometimes while playing .... but here is my answer to your rest allegations. And I googled everything just to find out what I am posting is true or not.

Here pal >

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@Naman93..
I Know Ronaldo is one of the best players ever..
But he is arrogant..
Ok he hasnt tatoos?so what?does that mean something?Ok he donates money to palestinian schools(#RESPECT)..
But ionthe pitch(and whichever matter about football) he is one of the most arrogant players..He thinks that he is most important than anyone..He thinks he is most important than the club!
Last years he told to Iker "If you hadn't me in the team you would have been 20 points far from barca"! you can search it..

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

"It's surely because I'm good looking, rich and a great footballer. They're jealous of me. I don't have any other explanation," 

His exact quote after being taunted and jeered by Dynamo fans. 

Keisuke 12 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

He's a kid, fashion homosexual, money-lover and selfish! Giving money to Palestinians and Africans is not normal for those who receives over 1M salaries per month! Ronaldo C**k soccers!

Keisuke 12 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

His father is dead! Ohalalalaa! Poor Ronaldo! F*** you for those who starve to death in this world!

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

^ Sad that footyroom removed thumbs down!

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

@Don :  My chest just got wider !!

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Without a doubt he wasborn in the wrong era. Had it not been for a certain freak of nature Argentine he would have won the wpoty at least 2 more times. As for being under Messi.s shadow; he might have to stoop real low :)

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

**@raimondo : yes he said that because he was constantly taunted with chants of "Lionel Messi" whenever the ball was passed to him. One fan even put the banner saying " Messi je uvijek bolje od Ronalda" meaning " Messi always better than Ronaldo". His comment was purely because of the hate he received their, but still what he said was wrong.

@all members : To make myself clear the topic says whether Ronaldo despite being one of the best footballer is getting overshadowed by Messi. Their personal life doesnt matter. Talk from football point of view please. Thanks.**

Keisuke 12 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

In terms of football, Ronaldo is a more complete player than Messi but Messi still more useful because he makes some magic... Messi does not deserve to play Division 1, he deserves Division 0...

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

Division 0 ? You mean something like Division 1+ ... :P :)

Keisuke 12 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

Exact, a division where he will be alone, I think...
Messi on the pitch is like a professional player between kids... WTF?

JuanMata10 12 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

true story, don andres

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Seriously, the only reason why Maradona have said such a quote is most likely because he and Messi were born in the same country. Why else wouldn't he praise Ronaldo equally as Messi?

Not to get confused because I'm a United fan, but if you compare Messi and Ronaldo, I think Ronaldo is a highly more sophisticated and complete player. Unlike Messi, Ronaldo went through a much tougher road in becoming what he is today.

Ronaldo went to several different countries and was successfully able to adapt to different lifestyles. Unlike Messi, Ronaldo created the chance to experience and adapt to different styles of football in the countries he competed in. Ronaldo has a good reason to be arrogant and selfish today. His serious and insane work ethic has turned him into the Ultimate footballer, carrying the experience of English, Portuguese and Spanish football.

Messi on the other hand, is more a gifted footballer, who nurtured his skills mostly in Spain, meaning that he is 'too' adapted with Spanish football, with no experience in other nation's footballing style. Although he may be unstoppable, his path look a lot easier than Ronaldo's. 

Sure, Ronaldo MAY BE living under Messi's shadow, but in terms of being an all-round football player. But to me, judging by their experience and path to becoming great footballers, I'd say Ronaldo is 
definitely a more reliable player to have. PLUS, Ronaldo is not only a powerful striker, but I also think that he's a better winger than Messi as well. Don't take my word for it though since you were asking for my opinion...

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@Heisinburg
just Realised that changed the team you support.....
I don't know how you managed it but i think its impossible :P

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Both of them are amazing in the own different way's. Messi alway's get's this trophies because of the great team of Barcelona, hand's up. Cristiano deserves the player of the year just as much Messi. They are equal.

devilz 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

I agree with heis. I think it would be interesting to see how Messi would do in the BPL...

knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Messi would have scored 50+ goals in the EPL