Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Cristiano Ronaldo over shadowed by Lionel Messi
naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

**Maradona: "Cristiano was born in the wrong era. He will always live under Messi's shadow."

Comments
raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@heins Messi had a tougher time.. In case you forgot he had a growth problem. Had to deal with that thru most his youth and he took that and made it and advantage. Messi has an incredible work ethic.

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I agree that Cristiano is EXTREMELY unlucky, but he has lived the more difficult life, as Heisinburg and others explained in detail. I don't like his arrogance either, but I hate what Spanish football fans do sometimes. When Ronaldo has the ball, the opposition teams' fans always cheer "MESSI". Seriously, NO ONE ever does that to Messi, not even Real Madrid fans, so why to him. IMO, it is a disgrace to Barcelona fans. Barca fans are much better than that, and don't deserve to be brought so low by fans of other teams and fanboys alike who have nothing better to do than put down a talented player.

mladen 12 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

LoL @ knibs. He would score 50+ in 5 years at EPL.

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Mladen you are joking right? He destroyed arsenal and Manchester on multiple occasions he would do the same to lesser teams in EPL or any other league

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

In terms of skill both players are unmatched and I really can't tell these two apart. They're both amazing in their own way. Both players succeeded in crossing their own individual obstacles in life. The only deciding factor I'd say is their sportmanship. For me Messi is the better player only because I think (In my humble opinion) Messi has a better attitude than Ronaldo. I don't think I've ever seen Messi be an instigator, diver, or have an arrogant and disrespectful attitude (Drenthe said Messi called him a negro but other than that can't really dig up dirt on Messi) but Ronaldo...I remember too many times people chastising him being an arrogant D'bag. But I could be wrong. 

Please let's not have another argument concerning the EPL please...yes Messi did destroy us, ManU and others. Finished. ok?

manchesterutI 12 years ago
Real Madrid, England 23 388

Messi would totally flop in EPL. Lets see players that are not on his level, yet are playing amazingly on their team... Matta? Silva? Cazorla? What makes you think he would flop there? I believe they all came from La Liga. 

WhatTheHell 12 years ago
Barcelona, Spain 15 591

The reason why I dislike him is because IM A BARCELONA FAN there is no way you are going like a rival player 2nd is because "HE IS RICH AND HANDSOME" 3rd he is CRYBABY etc etc etc... If i dont like him doesnt mean i dont watch FOOTBALL because thats pretty STUPID 

@PPL WHO THINK MESSI CAN SUCCEED TO EPL STYLE:

Who is Fernando Torres before he move to LFC? Who is Aguero before he move to ManCity? Who is Yaya Toure before he move to ManCity? Who is Juan Mata before he move to Chelsea? Who is Michu before he move to Swansea? If these player can succeed playing in EPL why do you think Messi cant? Are they the BEST PLAYER IN LALIGA before they move to EPL? 

WhatTheHell 12 years ago
Barcelona, Spain 15 591

@username uhm who are you?

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

You guys say that Ronaldo was born at the wrong time. But we can also that Messi was born the wrong time, because now football is more based on attitude and money than ever before.

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

@username : your team support and country has changed like 10 times.

KingHenry 12 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

Sorry naman but the picture is not funny and saying that ronaldo is overshadowed (destroyed) by messi is wrong ! This season, messi was the one overshadowed. Ronaldo won la liga, played the euro and reached the semi finals while messi was on holidays. Maybe messi will win the ballon d'or, but ronaldo is NOT overshadowed by messi.

Messi is a freak of nature, Ronaldo is the perfect footballer and can do everything.
I like Ronaldo more because he is a show man. You say that he is arrogant and selfish. I think it is part of the show he puts on. That's what makes the difference between the players you like and the players you love. You love players not only for how they play but also for who they are. And that's why some people love ronaldo, and some people hate him. Fans of every teams. Everyone likes messi. Barça fans love him but others only like him. Messi scores goals and that's all. Ronaldo has personnality.

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

can someone change this font? it hurts my eyes (sorry for any inconveiniences)

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

@KingHenry: This isn't supposed to be funny at all.

bloodred1992 12 years ago
Manchester United, Portugal 15 300

In terms of achievements, Messi does overshadow CR7. But in terms of ability I think CR7 is better. However, all those who criticize him for being selfish and arrogant are not entirely wrong cause we do see instances many-a-time where he makes the wrong choices and does what I call "a Nani". If he gets the diving out of his game and always stays on his feet like Messi does, less people will criticize him.
Also what we consider to be arrogance and over-confidence could actually be self-belief. The journey that CR7 has had in his life and his achievements certainly give him the right to believe that he is the best in the world. Here's what Rooney had to say about him in his book: "The kit goes on, the boots go on. Not long after, Ronnie turns to his reflection and stares, psyching himself up for the game. If there’s one person with a bigger self-belief than Ronaldo, I haven’t met him yet."