Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

CL semi-final winners and losers (prediction)
JohnStark 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, Kazakhstan 2 151

Since previous discussion was on prediction on semi-final draw I decided to start predictions on winners and loosers in semi-final stage. It will be interesting to know your prediction, and more importantly why you think so!! May the best team win!!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

since previous discussion was on prediction on semi-final draw I decided to start predictions on winners and loosers in semi-final stage. It will be interesting to know your prediction, and more importantly why you think so!! May best team win!!

Comments
Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

He was doing just fine, if Messi wouldn't have gone crazy we would be talking about what a great match Guardiola and Bayern had and how it all went as planned, it was very circumstantial that they lost that way. Guardiola is not the man to blame because he was less than 10 minutes away from achieving what no other club had achieved so far this season. Juventus in the other hand is a team that is defensive by nature and were playing home, completely different scenarios.

I assumed you hated him because there is no way anyone who doesn't hate him would talk about him that way, nobody else said it was his fault and you went even further to say without luck he has a hard time winning in these stages. He had some help by the referees as many other team have. Still, not his foult. Im gald that happened because that helped to forge one of the greatest teams in history. They got lucky on one game, champions need luck on their side, all champions have gotten lucky at least in one match. You talk as if you were condemning Guardiola and everything he has done just because that one match.

Messi saved Barcelona's ass because Bayern was playing well. The match could have perfectly ended 0-0, but one team had Messi and the other one didn't simple as that..

JohnStark 9 years ago

I will agree with Tuanis on Pep luck stuff, you can't say Pep was like all the time through three years, even if we assume UEFA helped them, no matter how you try to pull for example your relative in the job place if he has not what it gets to be chief he will not make it. I don't believe that those three years under Pep Barca win many things by luck. As, I can't say Barca win RM 5-0 by luck.

I assume, that Barca's tiki-taka got studied over succesful times to learn and to find ways to fight it. What Pep represents now is agressive tiki-taka style but you can't fight against tiki-taka esteblishment with that, but only being defencive with good counter attacks. On that I will agree with dynastian.

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Here we go again with 2009 stuff... Not being able to kill the game at home against 10 men was the reason they lost, you are never safe from a last minute equalizer...
Guardiola is a Huge coach, no matter what being said about him, Mourinho keeps digging at him for no reason, there is probably one imo...

Guardiola vs Madrid is 2-6 at Bernabeu and 5-0 in Camp Nou, so yes his Barça time frustrated many.

I dont think its his fault in this game, CL was never that competitive so being in semi-final many teams would be glad to reach it.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Agree with @Tuanis. It was a great game, Barca is in their top insane form and BM missed their key players, I think Pep did great until Messi went mad... The game was played in extremely high tempo and super high quality to watch.

However, I think after 2 - 0 down Pep could have calm their player down and not pushing for an away goal. We dont talk about 1 - 0 because the 2nd goal was just a moment of genius.

But again, it's never a style of those teams to defend anyway. And everything would have been fine if there hadn't been any Messi's alienpowermadness

raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

If I were to analize the game it would be like this: The game had three stages. First 20 minutes were Bayern had 3 at the back and Barca was ripping them apart and could have scored a few goals. Then Pep realized his starting plan was not working at all and he quickly switched to 4 at the back. From the 25th minute to the 70th minute the game was very even and at one point kind of dull. It could have ended 0-0 there. Then from the 75th minute to the 93rd, Messi and company decieded to kick it in over drive and win the game. No one saw it coming and thats exactly what Messi wanted. He has those games were he seems out of it walking around not participating and then you give him one ball and he just does what he wants with it. I think both goals were almost unstopable. Too much quality from Messi. And the third goal was a great counter attack when Bayern was pushing to at least end 2-1 with an away goal. The ref could have called the foul but he quickly realized messi had the ball and played a great ball for neymar to run about 20 yard with no one around. Pep had his tactics right from the 20th minute on, Enrqiue had his tactic right the entire game. 3-0 doesnt reflect how even the game was.

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited

@Rai Spot on.

3-0 doesnt reflect the game, but thats Barça strenght, killed an even game like they killed plenty before...

• History

@Rai Spot on.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I predicted it correctly :)

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Not even 13th player helped them.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Sell that monkey Bale.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@Dynastian We had Torres for like years and many misses but I have never heard any Chelsea fan calling him names or boing him or any other player. Bale might have had a bad luck today but it doesn't mean that he is useless. Isco was as bad as him today. Ronaldo barely did anything marvelous. It's the whole team to blame not just Bale. Give him a rest. He doesn't speak a good Spanish and RM fans boing him constantly. How is he supposed to play football with peace without doing mistakes with all that hate from his own fans? I wouldn't mind him joining Chelsea next season. Hazard - Bale - Willian.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Real fans were boing everyone, Morata every time he touched the ball. Even Casillas, without whom they could have easily conceded 3 goals at least.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

The standard at Real is different than that at Chelsea. Real has been arguably the club of the 20th century, and a pretty damn good club in the 21st as well. This team is full of superstars, and the standards are extremely high. Failure to perform leads to punishment. He has been atrocious throughout the entire season. At least Torres tried to do good, which I respect. Bale doesn't even bother to try. Horrendous.

Haha, please don't compare Ronaldo and Isco's performances tonight to Bale's. Those two give it their best every time they step on to the pitch. We were in the CL semi-finals thanks to players like them.

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

It's not Bale's fault. Bale was one of best players on field (from Real) and one of most dangerous. Did we (Gooners) called Giroud 'monkey' after 3-1 against Monaco? Nope, we didn't. Real has some of the worst fans in the world. I saw 1.000 times that fans boo player from opponent team, but from their own team - that's only happening in Real. Not showing any kind of respect on Morata, player which had to go to Juventus. Did Chelsea boo Lampard against City, did Arsenal boo Fabregas against Chelsea?

This time it's Bale's fault, before it was Ancelotti's, Casillas' etc. No one deserves to have such a fans when they give their best. Ancelotti's fault because he didn't use right tactics or Bale's fault because he missed few chances. How could they only concentrate on game when their own fans boo him every f****** game?

• History

It's not Bale's fault. Bale was one of best players on field (from Real) and one of most dangerous. Did we (Gooners) called Giroud 'monkey' after 3-1 against Monaco? Nope, we didn't. Real has some of the worst fans in the world. I saw 1.000 times that fans boo player from opponent team, but from their own team - that's only happening in Real. Not showing any kind of respect on Morata, player which had to go to Juventus. Did Chelsea boo Lampard against City, did Arsenal boo Fabregas against Chelsea?

This time it's Bale's fault, before it was Ancelotti's, Casillas' etc. No one deserves to have such a fans when they give their best. Ancelotti's fault because he didn't use right tactics or Bale's fault because he missed few chances. How could they only concentrate on game when their own fans boo him every f****** game?

JuanMata10 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

^ Arsenal fans did actually boo Fabregas all the time (though the circumstances are very different to Bale's situation) but I agree with the rest of what you said.

• History

^ Arsenal did actually boo Fabregas all the time (though the circumstances are very different to Bale's situation) but I agree with the rest of what you said.

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

@Juan

Ok, there are some exceptions but I remember almost whole Emirates clapped him when he was substituted.

JohnStark 9 years ago

") none of my predications for semifinals were right, Juve surprised me or I should say RM surprised me. I did not see super Juve game but bad game by RM. It seems previous match of RM with Valencia shook them a lot.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Exactly what i saw, Pogba flopped, Marquisio missed his few chances, Pirlo wasnt in a good day, but at the same time except Benzema, Varane at the back and James, Madrid was average overall...

But Tevez was here as usual, and Morata did his best, its incredible that he could control the ball, and prepare his shoot without anyone to try to stop him, defensively Juve back 4 were outstanding,...

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@tiki: Pretty harsh to say that Pogba flopped. It's true, he didn't play well, but did you really expect him to do so after 7-8 weeks of having to deal with an injury and then immediately having to play in the semi finals of the Champions League against Real? I agree about the others though. MotM was Chiellini for me, he played like a kraken, always managed to get a leg in in the most dangerous situations.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

He got circumstances but he was invisible till the assist, credit for him to be crucial despite his bad performence.

JohnStark 9 years ago

Pogba got quality, I saw it in the game. I think he needs time to figure out what is not necessary movements. He will get better I am sure.