Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

CL semi-final winners and losers (prediction)
JohnStark 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, Kazakhstan 2 151

Since previous discussion was on prediction on semi-final draw I decided to start predictions on winners and loosers in semi-final stage. It will be interesting to know your prediction, and more importantly why you think so!! May the best team win!!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

since previous discussion was on prediction on semi-final draw I decided to start predictions on winners and loosers in semi-final stage. It will be interesting to know your prediction, and more importantly why you think so!! May best team win!!

Comments
Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Juventus outclassed us in midfield. Ramos' defensive cover was decent, but his distribution with the ball was horrid. Can't play him again in the Bernabeu with that kind of performance. And our defense was horrible as well. Varane and Pepe nearly gifting them goals on multiple occasions. Varane failed to track Tevez for Morata's goal, and Carvajal's challenge on Tevez was just stupid. This is why we need Ramos in center back with Varane. A much more solid partnership.

God how I miss Modric...

Tuanis 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Madrid cant be relying so much on Modric, the difference is evident when the team doesn't have him. What on earth happened to Khedira and is Illara that bad to prefer having Ramos on midfield? Wasn't Lucas the solution to the scarce midfield?

Madrid let Alonso go and that mistake could just be the mistake of the season. RM need to get their money on midfielders next transfer window.

I really hope they get back, I would rather see RM in the final just because they play a more enjoyable football when they are in form. I dont want Bayern to have it too easy in the final playing Juve either.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Khedira is absolute trash with Madrid now because he just doesn't care. He doesn't track back and goes in to reckless challenges all the time. That's why we just don't bother playing him anymore. He seems like he is intentionally trying to mess up our team. And Illarra is god awful..... please don't. Lucas Silva was decent, but Ancelotti doesn't seem to trust him. Not sure why. He's not world-class, but he's decent.

Tuanis 9 years ago

That is what I mean... In order to play a CB (who is not exactly great as a midfielder) over 3 other midfielders you need to be absolutely sure about it being the right decision, it was the first leg of a CL semi final so it is no match to try stuff. I believe any of those other 3 would have done better, but anyways.... Pogba was out and he is similarly as important as Modric to his team but Allegri who is no genius played this random guy Sturaro who at least I dindt know of and he did well. Ancelotti has no trust at all on his bench and reserve players.

JuanMata10 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Classic Roy Keane:

"It's very difficult to win a big game like this when you're only playing with 10 men. Gareth Bale gave them absolutely nothing tonight.”

The Irishman also took aim at Real Madrid defender Dani Carvajal, who needlessly gave away the penalty that led to Juventus’ decisive second goal. “I’m angry with him and I’m not even involved in the game. I’m fuming,” Keane said.

“[If you were one of his team-mates] You’d go up to him at the end of the game and say “what are you doing?” “It is absolutely schoolboy stuff, and he’s cost them the game. You’d lynch him.”

• History

Classic Roy Keane:

"It's very difficult to win a big game like this when you're only playing with 10 men.Gareth Bale gave them absolutely nothing tonight.”

The Irishman also took aim at Real Madrid defender Dani Carvajal, who needlessly gave away the penalty that led to Juventus’ decisive second goal.

“I’m angry with him and I’m not even involved in the game. I’m fuming,” Keane said.

“[If you were one of his team-mates] You’d go up to him at the end of the game and say “what are you doing?”

“It is absolutely schoolboy stuff, and he’s cost them the game. You’d lynch him.”

Classic Roy Keane:
"It's very difficult to win a big game like this when you're only playing with 10 men. Gareth Bale gave them absolutely nothing tonight.”

The Irishman also took aim at Real Madrid defender Dani Carvajal, who needlessly gave away the penalty that led to Juventus’ decisive second goal. “I’m angry with him and I’m not even involved in the game. I’m fuming,” Keane said.

“[If you were one of his team-mates] You’d go up to him at the end of the game and say “what are you doing?”“It is absolutely schoolboy stuff, and he’s cost them the game. You’d lynch him.”

quikzyyy 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

• History

To be honest, i didn't even seen Bale.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Barca destroyed Bayern on the counter in the final 15 minutes of the match. This is what happens when you dwell with the ball too much with your defenders. Messi destroys you. Bayern's trash defense exposed again. I thought they would be smart and play more defensive, but Pep's tactics were stupid once again. Once again he tried to attack a Spanish team that is lethal on the counter. Once again he got torn apart by three extremely speedy and tricky forwards. Only difference was that last time it was against Benzema, Ronaldo, and Bale, and this time it was against Neymar, Suarez, and Messi.

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Actually they did amazing till the goal, the rest you know when the first goes in and you have killers, it escalates quickly...
Barça controled first half and second half, they werent good enough till the goal, Neymar should be hugging Messi at the moment, he saved his ass again...

The final clasico may come, that would be the most epic clasico ever... ( Not secured yet, just a prediction )

• History

Actually they did amazing till the goal, the rest you know when the first goes in and you have killers, it escalates quickly...
Barça controled first half and second half, they werent good enough till the goal, Neymar should be hugging Messi at the moment, he saved his ass again...

Kompany 9 years ago
Manchester City, Belgium 1 114

I love revenge hehehe

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Boateng got humiliated by Messi.

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited

• History

Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

congrats barca. :)

JohnStark 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, Kazakhstan 2 151

how on earth someone can fall like that? I think I am underestimating level of devotion of players. Although, Boateng had no physic to act agile he's mind tried.

• History

how on earth someone can fall like that? I think I am underestimating level devotion of players. Although, Boateng had no physic to act agile he's mind tried.

JuanMata10 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@tiki_taka:
"Actually they did amazing till the goal"

I disagree. They did okay from the start of the second half until the goal, yes, but in the first half - and I really mean from minute 1 to minute 45 - they've looked very shaky and if it wasn't for Neuer, they would have been 0-2 down after half an hour. Barcelona was absolutely fantastic, tripping Bayern into losing possession with deadly pressing right from the start and not allowing them to play their usual game. I don't want to take anything away from Barcelonas tactics, but that's also Guardiola's fault. What on earth was he thinking by playing 3atb against MSN and as a highlight he put up Rafinha to man-mark Messi in the first half, what an absolute melon. Why doesn't he play Lahm in defense, when he has at least two more world-class midfielders at his disposal (Martinez, Götze) to take his place, but no decent right-back to replace him. I'm not even a Bayern fan, but Guardiola pissed me off so much by doing this.

In the second half, Bayern managed to get some longer passing sequences, but Barcelona still controlled the game and never looked in danger. After Messi scored, Bayern fell apart, which is typical for them under Guardiolas management. Everytime when they are not the first team that scores (also in Bundesliga), they look so insecure and are unable to cope with the pressure and obviously, Barcelona knew exactly how to exploit it and added two more to their goal-tally. But still, even though they scored three in the second half, their performance in the first half impressed me more. I hope they go on and win the CL this year, no one deserves it more than them.

• History

@tiki_taka:

I disagree. They did okay from the start of the second half until the goal, yes, but in the first half - and I really mean from minute 1 to minute 45 - they've looked very shaky and if it wasn't for Neuer, they would have been 0-2 down after half an hour. Barcelona was absolutely fantastic, tripping Bayern into losing possession with deadly pressing right from the start and not allowing them to play their usual game. All credit to Barcelona for this, but that's also Guardiola's fault. What on earth was he thinking by playing 3atb against MSN and as a highlight he put up Rafinha to man-mark Messi in the first half, what an absolute melon. Why doesn't he play Lahm in defense, when he has at least two more world-class midfielders at his disposal (Martinez, Götze) to take his role (in Martinez' case), but no decent right-back to replace him. I'm not even a Bayern fan, but Guardiola managed to piss me off so much by doing this.

In the second half, Bayern managed to get some longer passing sequences, but Barcelona still controlled the game and never looked in danger. After Messi scored, Bayern fell apart, which is typical for them under Guardiolas management. Everytime when they are not the first team that scores (also in Bundesliga), they look so insecure and don't know how to cope with that and Barcelona knew exactly how to exploit it and added two more to their goal-tally. But still, even though they scored three in the second half, their performance in the first half impressed me more. I hope they go on and win the CL this year, no one deserves it more this year than them.

@tiki_taka:

I disagree. They did okay from the start of the second half until the goal, yes, but in the first half - and I really mean from minute 1 to minute 45 - they've looked very shaky and if it wasn't for Neuer, they would have been 0-2 down after half an hour. Barcelona was absolutely fantastic, tripping Bayern into losing possession with deadly pressing right from the start and not allowing them to play their usual game. All credit to Barcelona for this, but that's also Guardiola's fault. What on earth was he thinking by playing 3atb against MSN and as a highlight he put up Rafinha to man-mark Messi in the first half, what an absolute melon. Why doesn't he play Lahm in defense, when he has at least two more world-class midfielders at his disposal (Martinez, Götze) to take his role (in Martinez' case), but no decent right-back to replace him. I'm not even a Bayern fan, but Guardiola managed to piss me off so much by doing this.

In the second half, Bayern managed to get some longer passing sequences, but Barcelona still controlled the game and never looked in danger. After Messi scored, Bayern fell apart, which is typical for them under Guardiolas management. Everytime when they are not the first team that scores (also in Bundesliga), they look so insecure and don't know how to cope with that and Barcelona knew exactly how to exploit it and added two more to their goal-tally. But still, even though they scored three in the second half, their performance in the first half impressed me more. I hope they go on and win the CL this year, no one deserves it more this year than them.

@tiki_taka:

I disagree. They did okay from the start of the second half until the goal, yes, but in the first half - and I really mean from minute 1 to minute 45 - they've looked very shaky and if it wasn't for Neuer, they would have been 0-2 down after half an hour. Barcelona was absolutely fantastic, tripping Bayern into losing possession with deadly pressing right from the start and not allowing them to play their usual game. All credit to Barcelona for this, but that's also Guardiola's fault. What on earth was he thinking by playing 3atb against MSN and as a highlight he put up Rafinha to man-mark Messi in the first half, what an absolute melon. Why doesn't he play Lahm in defense, when he has at least two more world-class midfielders at his disposal (Martinez, Götze) to take his place, but no decent right-back to replace him. I'm not even a Bayern fan, but Guardiola pissed me off so much by doing this.

In the second half, Bayern managed to get some longer passing sequences, but Barcelona still controlled the game and never looked in danger. After Messi scored, Bayern fell apart, which is typical for them under Guardiolas management. Everytime when they are not the first team that scores (also in Bundesliga), they look so insecure and are unable to cope with the pressure and obviously, Barcelona knew exactly how to exploit it and added two more to their goal-tally. But still, even though they scored three in the second half, their performance in the first half impressed me more. I hope they go on and win the CL this year, no one deserves it more than them.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Bayern's loss was entirely Guardiola's fault. They are a squad well and truly capable of thrashing Barca once again, but Guardiola's idiocy is what prevents them.

Tuanis 9 years ago

Why would that be Guardiola's foult? He was handling a great game until the 80th minute when Messi went crazy. No team on earth can prevent that. Bayern has a bunch of injuries and Guardiola has been dealing with that very well. What exactly do you believe he did wrong?

Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tuanis

What he did wrong was blatantly obvious. He tried to attack a team that is lethal on the counter. As the game wears on, one must realize that players get tired and clumsy. Bayern needed to be more defensive at that point in order to keep the 0-0 scoreline. Instead, Guardiola pushed for an away goal. The result? Messi scoring 2 goals in 3 minutes, with both goals coming from fast breaks on the counter after high pressure forced Bayern to dispossess the ball. Guardiola tried to attack and keep possession against Barca, when the best method of defeating them is playing deep and going on the counter. He made the exact same mistake as he did against Real, and he's ruing it now. Ridiculous decisions. The game was completely in his hand, and he let it go.

Another blatant error was his man-to-man marking in the first 20 minutes. Playing 3 at the back and marking every Barca player man-to-man.... is Pep crazy? There was a massive amount of space between the midfield and defense, and Pep is immensely lucky that Messi and Suarez were unable to score from exploitation of that space. His change to a 4 man defense around 20 minutes was what kept them in the game.

I can't believe he actually put Lahm in midfield again. Why put Lahm in that role when you have Martinez? Why start Gotze on the bench when he is clearly a powerful attacking threat? I'd rather have a solid RB and Martinez in midfield than a decent RB and Lahm in midfield. Against Barcelona, you need to be able to defend, and Guardiola is unable to change his principles and his tactics at this level. It worked with Barcelona a few years ago, but he was lucky in both his semi-final match-ups that he won. Lucky in both. No luck on his side with Bayern this time around. No referees to win the match like it happened with Chelsea, and his team doesn't have a diving reputation to exploit like they were able to against Madrid with Pepe.

• History

@Tuanis

What he did wrong was blatantly obvious. He tried to attack a team that is lethal on the counter. As the game wears on, one must realize that players get tired and clumsy. Bayern needed to be more defensive at that point in order to keep the 0-0 scoreline. Instead, Guardiola pushed for an away goal. The result? Messi scoring 2 goals in 3 minutes, with both goals coming from fast breaks on the counter after high pressure forced Bayern to dispossess the ball.

Another blatant error was his man-to-man marking in the first 20 minutes. Playing 3 at the back and marking every Barca player man-to-man.... is Pep crazy? There was a massive amount of space between the midfield and defense, and Pep is immensely lucky that Messi and Suarez were unable to score from exploitation of that space. His change to a 4 man defense around 20 minutes was what kept them in the game.

I can't believe he actually put Lahm in midfield again. Why put Lahm in that role when you have Martinez? Why start Gotze on the bench when he is clearly a powerful attacking threat? Guardiola tried to attack and keep possession against Barca, when the best method of defeating them is playing deep and going on the counter. He made the exact same mistake as he did against Real, and he's ruing it now. Ridiculous decisions. The game was completely in his hand, and he let it go.

Tuanis 9 years ago

So he should have parked the bus earlier and hope for the best? Bayern was doing great in the second half and a very specific player mistake and an in form Messi had them 1-0. You would probably have said the same about the tactics if they would have lost while attempting to park the bus. After that they had to go for the equalizer, and two deadly counters ended the game for Bayer. First 20 minutes were a little clumsy for Bayern but Guardiola was able to handle it.

Why do you hate him so much? Saying he can only win if he gets lucky, or with the helo of referees... He is responsible for one of the best teams to have ever played football, the Barcelona from 2009-2012 was coached by him and he won everything there is to win.

The only reason Bayern lost is because Barcelona had a better team, individually and collectively. Messi was the game changer.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tuanis

Did I say he should've parked the bus? Why is parking the bus synonymous with playing defensively? He should've played how Juventus played against Real. Excellent defense combined with quick counterattacks in order to be lethal. This isn't the first time Guardiola has lost in this fashion. Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Real, and Porto have all used this tactic effectively to great success, and Guardiola has not learned from it.

"Why do you hate him so much? Saying he can only win if he gets lucky, or with the helo of referees... He is responsible for one of the best teams to have ever played football, the Barcelona from 2009-2012 was coached by him and he won everything there is to win. "

• I don't hate Guardiola, don't go on making pointless assumptions. What I am stating is a fact. Anyone who watched the Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona match on that night at Stamford Bridge knows that there should have only been one winner: Chelsea. That match, as Didier Drogba perfectly puts it, was a "f*cking disgrace". Guardiola's team was lucky more than anything else. That season's Champions League final should've been a repeat of the previous year: United vs. Chelsea. Without the CL, Guardiola wouldn't have even competed in the UEFA Super Cup or the Club World Cup, and his legacy would be far from what it is today. It was that one night that decided it all. If that is not lucky, then I don't know what is.