Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Champions League Semi Finals Prediction
Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Here is also a bit of analysis by Mourinho on quarter finals and semifinals. I can listen to this man talk about football everyday. So much knowledge and he knows how to deliver it to general public without being to technical.

Liverpool vs Barcelona

This is one truly tough one to guess, but Liverpool playing first game away is an advantage. I give first game draw 1-1 and second one Liverpool with their amazing crowd to beat Barcelona 2-1. Liverpool into the final.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Here is also a bit of analysis by Mourinho on quarter finals. I can listen to this man talk about football everyday. So much knowledge and he knows how to deliver it to general public without being to technical.

Liverpool vs Barcelona

This is one truly tough one to guess, but Liverpool playing first game away is an advantage. I give first game draw 1-1 and second one Liverpool with their amazing crowd to beat Barcelona 2-1. Liverpool into the final.

Comments

I truly believe that Ajax is a special club but they won't have enough to reach final. Juventus and Real like Jose said didn't take them seriously at all. I think Pochetinho will not repeat same mistake. He has healthy squad right now and all the quality to beat Ajax at home and secure draw away.

First leg 3-1 Spurs and second leg away 1-1.

Liverpool vs Spurs in the final. I know many want to see Ajax there but Spurs will be super ready.

• History
the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

I want ajax not only to win against spurs but to win the champions league. it's a rare thing to play beautiful with the least amount of net spend and believing mainly on young homegrown to pull it off.

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

As much as I'd like to see the underdogs winning, I think Spurs deserve the chance to glorify their progress throughout the years with a CL win. They did it the proper way, in comparison to other big clubs in our league, and they've been consistent with finishing in the top 4. Would be awesome to see Son's contributions to the club not go to waste, with a win against Ajax and reaching the finals. I think Pochettino and the squad have earned it.

• History

As much as I'd like to see the underdogs winning, I think Spurs deserve the chance to glorify their progress throughout the years with a CL win. They did it the proper way, in comparison to other big clubs in our league, and they've been consistent at it. Would be awesome to see Son's contributions to the club not go to waste, with a win against Ajax and reaching the finals. I think Pochettino and the squad earned it.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Ajax winning Champions League would be probably 2nd best story after Leicester, bring it on!

Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Might as well do the other one too.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

The other one is there..

tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Now thats a 50-50 Marcus... XD
Ajax should benefit from Harry kane injury and Son suspension. But the tie is also really open.

• History

Now thats a 50-50 Marcus...
Ajax should benefit from Harry kane injury and Son suspension. But the tie is also really open.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

I think Liverpool's supporters give stronger motivation than Barcelona's. That will be crucial.

If Liverpool shuts down Messi in the middle then Mane and Fermino and Salah will wreck more havoc on the other side because Messi is crucial player for the Barca's attacking trio where is In Liverpool, all three pose serious threat and have amazing goal scoring abilities.

Barca's three - Suarez and Countinho good at creating spaces for Messi but their scoring record in CL .. leaves one hoping for better display against Liverpool.

Mane - Ferminho - Salah vs Barca's defense
Messi - Suarez - Coutinho vs Liverpool's defense

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@tiki

They have other strikers who are fit like Llorente and Janssen is used to playing against Eridivise clubs. Janssen's gave a good game in the last match. He is full of energy, motivation and eager to prove himself.

I think they should worry more about Eriksen and Dele Ali who are going to be instrumental in the first match.

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

If Spurs win the CL, I may have to stop watching football, and this is an actual possibility if Spurs vs Liverpool will be the final.

I personally think the final will be Ajax vs Barcelona, but it's so open, especially the latter game.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

Ferminho

Wouldn't that be Firmino? :S

@amir Dude, don't stop watching football for that. It would suck. Though I get why it would be a pain. :(

tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Its not easy to shut down Messi, to create a cage you need 2 zonal defending plus 1 vs 1. The zonal defending will limit midfielder impact from Liverpool. But I suspect Klopp preparing something.

Lol at preseason highlight tho, what’s the point ?

If last year Madrid could defeat them, Barca could too...

And don’t forget, Suarez and Coutinho were the top of their squad in Red. At Barca they are just a piece of the puzzle. I’m not scared, I’m excited it can go any way...

• History

Its not easy to shut down Messi, to create a cage you need 2 zonal defending plus 1 vs 1. The zonal defending will limit midfielder impact from Liverpool. But I suspect Klopp preparing something.

Lol at preseason highlight tho, what’s the point ?

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

The winner of Liverpool-Barcelona will most likely win it all. My bet is on Messi leading Barca to a new trophy.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@tiki

You are obviously scared.

Standard game plan but with extra care for Messi. Liverpool shouldn't play their usual open game end to end, but rely on zonal play and counter attack. Liverpools speed is phenomenal. Very aggressive in counter attacks, so Barcelona playing high will definitely get caught once or twice.

Ofcourse Liverpool will have to have two players controlling Messi's runs, but shut him down and Barcelona doesn't have alternative plan to beat Liverpool. This year it seems Barcelona has been playing exclusively around Messi and his performance is vital.

Dynastian98 5 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I think both Liverpool and Barcelona are ill-suited to face each other. It will likely be a goal fest. Just depends on if Salah/Mane and Suarez/Dembele/Coutinho can be clinical enough.

raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Barca wins at home and Liverpool winn their home game. It's gonna come down to goal difference/away goals. Really hard to call. Overall these teams are evenly matched and I'm really excited. If it's a midfield battle then Barca wins hands down.

On the other side I'm leaning to Spurs winning. Poch has shown he's pretty smart over two games. Went toe to toe with City whose been one of the best this season. Both are highly motivated and I think if Ajax is to win they need to take full advantage of Son not being present in the first leg. Ajax has shown they have no issues playing away so I think it's all down to their home game.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Spurs v Barcelona i think would be a good final. Just my opinion.

Counter attack vs Possession.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

If I speak as a fan I believe it will be Liverpool vs Ajax but...

IF I speak as a football wannabe pundit its Barcelona vs Spurs.

Messi, Suarez, Pique, Rakitic and Busquetes must be extra motivated to win CL for the last time before they retire. Amean there is no guarantee that next year will have same chance and they aren't getting any younger that means performance will drop as well.

Plus to win CL in Madrid. That will be nice to rob it in to Madrid fans and good political statement for the sake catalonian independence :)

• History

Messi, Suarez, Pique, Rakitic and Busquetes must be extra motivated to win CL for the last time before they retire. Amean there is no guarantee that next year will have same chance and they aren't getting any younger that means performance will drop as well.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

I think another key will be to force Barcelona play wide instead of coming close to box through the middle. Even last game Suarez kind played Messi's role of opening those holes through the middle. It seems like wingers always cut inside towards center to play quick one -two and open gaps.

All 3 goals against Manchester were scored through the center right in front of the box. It was just so arrogant to play only Fred there.