Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Champions League Semi Finals Prediction
Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Here is also a bit of analysis by Mourinho on quarter finals and semifinals. I can listen to this man talk about football everyday. So much knowledge and he knows how to deliver it to general public without being to technical.

Liverpool vs Barcelona

This is one truly tough one to guess, but Liverpool playing first game away is an advantage. I give first game draw 1-1 and second one Liverpool with their amazing crowd to beat Barcelona 2-1. Liverpool into the final.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Here is also a bit of analysis by Mourinho on quarter finals. I can listen to this man talk about football everyday. So much knowledge and he knows how to deliver it to general public without being to technical.

Liverpool vs Barcelona

This is one truly tough one to guess, but Liverpool playing first game away is an advantage. I give first game draw 1-1 and second one Liverpool with their amazing crowd to beat Barcelona 2-1. Liverpool into the final.

Comments
iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

An all English final, I love it. Plus, it's at Madrid too (lol).

SoccerBoss 5 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Yes indeed, these semifinals were very intense and breathtaking. Despite seeing Barça fall (and Ajax as well), it will still be fun to see Tottenham and Liverpool play it out in the final, especially given the significant players that were unavailable for both teams. Fans of football in general should be gearing up for an exciting final!

nandaYNWA 5 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

if the last two games are anything to go by, one team will be 5-0 up at HT and end up losing 5-6 at FT

Greatone 5 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

If previous results are anything to go by.. then Liverpool will win, however it's easy to imagine a few errors from liverpool that tottenham pounce on

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Yes, London derby would be nice! I am already thinking about buying tickets to SuperCup because CL final is astronomical.

Emrecan_58 5 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

This is probably the best champions league season I've ever watched. I feel pretty sad for Ajax. I really wanted them to win it all because they deserved it.

• History

This is probably the best champions league I've ever watched.

This is probably the best champions league season I've ever watched.

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Ajax bottled it the minute they thought they were qualified and should hold the result, hit the bars home and away and dominated 3 half out of 4, but that’s football. Credit to Spurs who believed in it till the last minute.
Breathtaking game for neutrals, my PSG friends seeing Lucas scoring a hat trick away in a Semifinal of CL was for them a shock, absolutely unthinkable. His second goal excecution was gods plan 🎶

iHEARTfootball 5 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Ajax bottled it the minute they thought they were qualified

this is a cruel, yet very true statement. We're talking about, literally, the final 5 seconds here. Imagine losing your concentration for the last few seconds of the game, only to be severely punished with a goal that would end your run. Your dreams are gone just like that, poof! Times like this is rare and scarring for any person affiliated with the victims. Amen, that's football.

enter image description here

tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited

Yeah and probably at half time, it’s the first time they had to just control a result rather than go all in Forbes it. They paid it cash. Went to win at Bernabeu, went to win at Juve, always high on the field. For the first time they sit back and defend deep thinking 3 goal scorer margin was enough, just like Barca lol.

Another thing to notice, Spurs CL compain is incredible, they were lucky to get the 6th game the most complicated one against Barca in Camp Nou already securing first place and with a policy of rotating when the result is reached. Here again Lucas equalized and Inter conceded the draw home while all odds were against them.
Then eleminating City was incredible achievement, they keep believing till the last minutes...

This result is simply an award to Poch work each season who ends up unrewarded. This healthy Sportive rise is also thanks to their president. The new stadium is wonderful. Spurs are being rewarded for all the work they achieved on and out of the pitch.

That makes happy for them and backing them for the final, but even more angry on the Barca players and staff looking at both club gap of level in groupstage.

• History

Yeah and probably at half time, it’s the first time they had to just control a result rather than go all in Forbes it. They paid it cash. Went to win at Bernabeu, went to win at Juve, always high on the field. For the first time they sit back and defend deep thinking 3 goal scorer margin was enough, just like Barca lol.

tiki_taka 11 days ago
Barcelona, France 352 9434
Not sure of this. I just hope we keep a clean sheet in first leg which is a hard task.
We can win 4-2 and end up loosing 3-1 or 2-0 and quit competition.
With 1-0 or 2-0 it will be perfect. With 1-0 we are obliged to score at anfield so we will prepare the away leg with playing offensive football.
Klopp is a cup coach, I believe we got the best team but they got the best coach.
We got the best GK who won us many points and games and it will be crucial to outscore such a goal scoring machine.
They got the best defense, equivalent midlefield, but we Have Messi :D Toty card at 99 lol.
They will be forced to defend zonally so we will dominate.
Messi will be in cage, but if other players step up we will go through.
Everything could happen, defensive mistakes, ref decisions, early goals...
Both teams are able to ko the other team in a good day. For me it’s the most exciting game of the season, I’m waiting for it since season start.

Second leg : all the 8 shots on goal Barça did, were shot or created by Messi. Coutinho missed, Suarez missed, Alba missed and so Messi.

Maybe only a 1-0 scoresheet would have convinced stupid Valverde to play offensive...

• History

tiki_taka 11 days ago
Barcelona, France 352 9434
Not sure of this. I just hope we keep a clean sheet in first leg which is a hard task.
We can win 4-2 and end up loosing 3-1 or 2-0 and quit competition.
With 1-0 or 2-0 it will be perfect. With 1-0 we are obliged to score at anfield so we will prepare the away leg with playing offensive football.
Klopp is a cup coach, I believe we got the best team but they got the best coach.
We got the best GK who won us many points and games and it will be crucial to outscore such a goal scoring machine.
They got the best defense, equivalent midlefield, but we Have Messi :D Toty card at 99 lol.
They will be forced to defend zonally so we will dominate.
Messi will be in cage, but if other players step up we will go through.
Everything could happen, defensive mistakes, ref decisions, early goals...
Both teams are able to ko the other team in a good day. For me it’s the most exciting game of the season, I’m waiting for it since season start.

@Ledley That doesn’t matter, we are often in the semi finals so maybe it’s the reason we got defeats and qualifications... in Semi generally details décidé games...
We got an impressive H2H record vs PL top 6. Last time an English team eleminated us was Chelsea in 2012, since then it was a free ticket to next round...
But stats or records doesn’t matter in a 2 legged confrontation... imo both teams are favorites at home and reds have the advantage of playing second leg home. That’s a huge advantage because they can push for a remontada home if they loose first leg...

May sound cocky at times, maybe, but Someone like Joze can insult as much as he can, can’t size anything I should stop arguing with Sunday fans to be nice, own them in any part of prediction or level sizing. « They will loose because I hate them «  kind of arguments... I’m out of this mods, will ignore any type of insults or retarded opinion. It’s only a minority at the end...

• History

@Ledley That doesn’t matter, we are often in the semi finals so maybe it’s the reason we got defeats and qualifications... in Semi generally details décidé games...
We got an impressive H2H record vs PL top 6. Last time an English team eleminated us was Chelsea in 2012, since then it was a free ticket to next round...
But stats or records doesn’t matter in a 2 legged confrontation... imo both teams are favorites at home and reds have the advantage of playing second leg home. That’s a huge advantage because they can push for a remontada home if they loose first leg...

Someone like Joze can insult as much as he can, can’t size anything I should stop arguing with Sunday fans to be nice, own them in any part of prediction or level sizing. « They will loose because I hate them «  kind of arguments... I’m out of this mods, will ignore any type of insults or retarded opinion. It’s only a minority at the end...

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

If Spurs win the CL, I may have to stop watching football, and this is an actual possibility if Spurs vs Liverpool will be the final.

I'm dreading it. Liverpool are better, but I literally remember this time last year the goalkeeper giving the ball directly to Benzema. I swear Liverpool, do your job. I may be even sadder than a Liverpool fan, they can recover and go again, we can't recover from Spurs winning a CL before us.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

The amateur journalist twisting my words again. Laughable.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

You know the problem is in our modern football is that our society went from vertical to horizontal society where everyone has an opinion about everything especially decision professionals make and through power of internet it is available straight away for everyone to see. Basically the respect for people who make decision is gone because every decision is question by experts like @tiki and Sunday football fans like myself. Yet tiki thinks he is more clever than everyone here. But he overlooks the amount of stress this horizontal society has put on professionals and it makes their job more difficult. Everyone underestimates how much pressure and stress it is to make changes on the touchline. I can be harsh towards Sarri and I would apologize to him if he read my comment because I understand job isn’t easy especially at Chelsea and especially on big nights.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

Here is a small detail that everyone has overlooked but Jose ( professional noticed and I am sure Klopp has appreciated it as well) :

You want a quick throw in, the ball boys need to know you want a quick throw in," Mourinho told RT.

"The ball must arrive fast. I had a club where the club never understood how important the ball boys are”

Even if you are winning, that speed is important. The goal kicks, the tempo of the game, the ball-boys, in a good structure, can also play a part

"People don’t know that a real football club, every detail is very, very important. In this game, the kid, very intelligent, very bright.“

I don’t know if he’s an academy player or not, but the kid knew what he was going to do.

"I had a club where they never understood how important the ball boys are.

"I was a ball-boy, a top ball-boy…when I was a ball-boy, I even knew where the players wanted the ball for a corner, so they didn't need to touch the ball."

The ex-United and Chelsea manager also reserved a word of praise for 20-year-old defender Alexander-Arnold whose two assists helped the Reds to their second successive Champions League final.

He added: "Then Alexander-Arnold, he read the situation fantastically well. Young kid, Champions League semi-final, tired, 80 minutes of football.

He saw everything. I always say, the good players are the ones that are on the pitch and everything is clear, they see everything. He saw that."

There. Small detail but made all the difference that Barcelona players didn’t even have time to catch up with what Alexander- Arnold and ball boy telepathically planned.

P.S. remember how Hazard telepathically understood what ball boy was doing and kicked his ass? Haha well he kicked the ball and ball boy pretended to be kicked yet most of us wished he really did kick him.